PDA

View Full Version : PSU I'm looking to make a Cast Gunmaster

Drifting Fable
Aug 1, 2010, 07:53 PM
Hello, I finally decided to leave my lurking shade and finally make an account here. I usually just use the search bar to hopefully solve my problems. Alas I am finally faced with a problem that cannot be solved (to my knowledge at least) with the faithful search bar. Thus I shall get straight to the point. I want to make a Cast Gunmaster. I normally like to use melee classes with superior tanking skills, but the ATP and PP of the Firearm has changed my mind. So I need to start working on my Cast in preparation for he event. However I have multiple questions about both the race and the class.

The Casts
I've heard many good things about the race itself. I was excited to finally begin creating one. But as soon as I started my mind went blank. I have no idea what to create or name my self. My mind has been blank for the past 3 days and I haven't gotten anywhere. So I decided to ask to forum for their opinion and hope for the best on the matter. I'm trying to think up something with a nice "ring" to it or something humorous that won't be blocked my PSU's chat filtter.

The Problems

I cannot seem to grasp inspiration for both the character and name.

How Can You Help Me?

You could give me some examples of your character or how you created your first Cast.
Suggest a name?
Point me out to a good Name Generator?

The Gunmaster
A rather popular class to my knowledge. However I know almost nothing about it.

The Problems

What I really need is just some overall information about the class.
What PA's should I get and where should I level them? Starting at character level 1.
What kinda of palette should I go for in terms of armor and weapons. Ex: Should I have two twin Handguns or two rifles?

How Can You Help Me?

Draw from your own experience and inform me of your own palette and why you chose that palette.
Point me out to an existing guide.

Thank you for reading and I hope I was clear enough in a way that you could easily assist me. Sorry if any part of this post sounds weird, but honestly, I don't have a clue what do to.

pikachief
Aug 1, 2010, 08:23 PM
I have been a gunner as my main since the beta and I have logged in I think over 4,000 hours on him :)

1. name depends on if your going for a robot character or a human person in a suit :) or an adroid or w/e. That will help with the name. More humanish=more humanish name, more robotic= more robotic name. I couldnt think of a name at all but i knew I was making a robot and the only robot name that came to mind was VOLTRON lol

2. Shotguns and lasers. Shotguns #1 priority. Level up the fastest out of all the gun PAs, they are the strongest out of all the gun PAs (in most situations), and can be used in 99% of all situations and enemy types in the game :) I was able to level up 2 bullets from 1-31 in one day (granted it did take me alll day lol) and with lvl 50 shotguns I'm hitting 1,400 a shot! x5 thats 7,000 a hit :D

Lasers in some situations can be the strongest if you take the time to level them up to 41+ (they take a looong time). Best used on big groups of small enemies I can pull off 2000+ damage a shot with my laser on as many enemies as I can line up!

Rifles and Twin Handguns are preference and mainly used for enemies that are too far for the shotgun. Some people like rifles more, some people like twin handguns more.

In my own personal opinion i believe rifles are the weakest guns in the game next to single handguns lol :) Rifles have knockback and lvl 5 SE at 41+ though so its nice to have at least 1 bullet to 31 for the knockback :D

I hope this helped :D (also storm lines are cheap to start with then maybe an armas line later down the line but I still use storm lines and its perfectly fine. Hizeri / Mind, Lumirus Kaos Knight, Resist, SUV)

Drifting Fable
Aug 1, 2010, 11:48 PM
Thanks that really helped me out.

I'm looking to make a more Robotic Cast so that should help out. I would have used Drifiting Fable....but PSU apparently doesn't like the word Fable for some reason.

What is knockback?

Wait but Kaos Knight lowers Acc. But I assume because of the Cast's already High Acc, it doesn't matter?

pikachief
Aug 2, 2010, 12:16 AM
Yes A cast has very very high acc :) it has around 1400 I think at cap -100 wont make a difference :P (i used Solid / Power S when the level cap was 80 and it -80 acc and i didnt see a difference back then either lol)

Knockback, on a rifle at least, makes smaller enemies fall over every time u hit them and it pushes back bigger enemies. bassically if your constantly shooting at an enemy with a rifle it cant do anything because it is constantly being knocked back :)

TheAstarion
Aug 2, 2010, 06:01 AM
Things.

Truth here.

Gunmaster is a powerful go-to class for Beasts and CASTs alike, with CASTs having the advantage, as always, with their SUV-weapons, and their higher base accuracy means you get your best stuff sooner. Beasts are interesting since the Gunmaster's high ATA modifier compensates for their low (worst in game) accuracy, their high (best in game) raw ATP translates directly to bigger shotgun damage and the Nanoblast is a way to dish out physical damage against bullet-resistant (or immune) enemies like forcefielded Bafal Braggas.

On to my weapon analysis.

Shotguns are indeed your bread and butter as any gunner class, none more so than Gunmaster with their godly level 50 rapid fire bullets. I personally would keep at least two shotguns primed at all times for any gunner class, especially in missions where enemies come in multiple flavours. When we get the option, Shotgun Element + and Elemental Arms weapon style will work wonders to give you a big-ass bonus to your already insane stream of big numbers. Look into: any. A 10/10 Shigga Pakudac is probably the best you'll get on the market. Spread Needle is the best so far, then Spread Needle/G, then Pakudac, then Pakuda (in terms of pure ATP power anyway). Pakuda is pretty accurate, which is nice.

Laser Cannons at 41+ have 50% elemental attribute. This is, obviously, very good in any scenario, but is often still overshadowed by the shotty. If you can hit 3+ enemies with the laser, do it, otherwise shotgun will do more overall. Is it worth having two lasers? Probably not, unless you pack mayalee prism on a high PP, low power cannon to knock big angry mobs off their feet. Look into: anything. Love Inferno and Adahna Cannon (search for 13* laser cannons in general, Adahna doesn't show the laser itself in shop search) are the favourites here due to ATP. Kubara copies for PP if you use Mayalee.

Personally, that's where I draw the line for Gunmaster; I'm an immigrant from Protranser Town, and my twinguns and rifles are poorly levelled. Laser can first person, and does its job nicely on Falz's face. If you do need to know though...

Twin Handguns are the stylish choice. Single target DPS that's lower than the shotgun but can perform at much greater distances (Falz's face, angry Jarbas, Megiversing Kagajibaris, etc). A 41 bullet has 44% attribute, which goes to 49% with elemental arms. Will it be worth spending AP on the 3% Twinguns boost that you only get 1% out of? My gut says no, but some people would disagree with my gut. Look into: Guld Milla (epic expensive for good grinds), Battlestopper (like 100K at the moment for a broken one).

Rifles are... Well, let's put it bluntly. I hate them. They level slowly, are only usable by FG, GT and GM (compared to twinguns which find their way onto nearly every acrofighter, acrotecher & fighgunner's equipment list, as well as the rifle classes) so they appear to me to level slowly... They supposedly get good but I've yet to see it. I outdamage gunmasters' rifles with a card. An A-rank card with a level 20 bullet. Knockdown is nice against a single painfully persistant enemy, but you have to go through 30 levels of "mash x for crap damage" before this happens to you. Mayalee Prism has the same effect from level 1. Status Effects are nice; notably freeze, virus, burn and incapacitate (killer shot) but if you really need to burn a guy, Gunmasters can carry traps. At least the aforementioned Firearm looks sweet. Look into: high grind Kubara copies of GRM rifles (rattlesnac), Killer Elite (CAST only).

Traps? Traps he says?

Yes, traps. Virus G (most damage) and Burn G (quickest damage) are nice, cheap little hate-bombs to send to your enemies when soloing, and because it's not an EX trap you don't lose out by going back to a gun, unless you overwrite your trap status with something crap from an underlevelled bullet.

Lastly, there's one more thing to look forward to... Enchant Incapacitate. A weapon style that might replace Elemental Arms. What this does is add instant death to any attack that doesn't already have a status effect. So, no elemental bullets, and no ultimate bullets. It does, however, work with twin penetration, one of the fastest and most fun ways to lay down many many many small numbers on bunched up groups of enemies. Each piddling instance of damage will be a chance to one-hit KO each enemy hit by it. Of course this isn't exclusive to Gunmaster, even Acrotechers can use that (hey, it's more chances per unit time than spamming megid... to say nothing of using it with a machinegun), but it's something to think about.

As for CASTs in general... I am the proud founder of the Rimitron, the Legion of Iggy Rimit. Iggy is a fun little droid girl to play as, and she looks a little like Suigintou from Rozen Maiden. Or any old combat maid when she's dressed accordingly. Personally I find the idea of a tiny little girl with a voice made of pure helium bringing down untold destruction to be rather appealing. She (and the three clones played by friends) is a minimum height CAST female with a humanoid face, black or white hair (mood dependant) and a penchant for wielding weapons that are bigger than she is. That's just an example though, I had Iggy in some form or other since about 1996 so perhaps I'm biased... though the other Iggy players seem to agree with how fun a psychotic little lolitron can be.

For names... I'd try to steer away from copying the most popular names, unless you play it for laughs like Master Chef, Car Aznable, Gurren De Ragan, and the like. Lifting a name completely just leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth. I can't believe that every single Sasuke Uchiha or Cloud Strife are playing in-character or even cosplaying convincingly; they just lack originality and it shows. Just try to think of something you won't regret once you've put in too many hours to delete and start over. Though there are people *cough* on this board *cough cough* who delete lv150 chars and remake them! :D And that's fine too. Pal of mine deleted his strongest char, lv100 CAST to remake her as a human, just so she could wear clothes!

pikachief
Aug 2, 2010, 07:22 AM
ah! Astarion reminded me something i forgot to mention about shotguns.

My friend was using a shigga pakudac 6/6. I was using a Spread Needle/G 8/8.

Shigga Pakudac 6/6= 141 Atp Spread Needle/G 8/8=203 Atp.

I left him borrow the Spread Needle/G and he was hitting almost the exact same number. the damage difference was not noticeable. The main difference was that mine cost 200 mil more lol

A shotgun itself does not have enough Atp to make a difference in the damage and 90% of the number that comes out of the shot is from your character and the Photon Art level. It is not necessary to go out and buy a really expensive shotgun in this game unless you have the money or if it'll bother u to have a lame shotgun on your pallet lol :)

Also goodluck on your cast :D

The CCCooler
Aug 2, 2010, 09:21 AM
There's no reason to down the rifle. Its a good weapon for sure and when leveled to 41+ has a 48% shot. Also the knockback on them is priceless in certain situations, perfect example is a shotgun on a Kagijibari vs a rifle. While youre up in his face trying to get all 5 shots into him hes spinning and hitting you more than likely killing you. When using the rifle, you can push him across the map without him even standing a chance of ever hitting you, the whole time using dark shot because youre not afraid of his megid destroying you everytime he gets free. Im not saying the shotty isnt better but dont put the rifle on the same level as twin handguns, which are never the best choice for any fight.

TheAstarion
Aug 2, 2010, 11:57 AM
Most important shotgun stats (in personal preference order)
PP - Blast away until the end of the mission!
Accuracy - Hitting one zero can mean the difference between a one-shot kill and taking two shots.
Equip requirement - for /R missions
Being S-rank for Gunmaster - gotta make sure you can use it!
Not being S-rank for Funtecher - the Yohmei one is better than most A-ranks!
ATP - more is nice, but don't pay through the nose, and definitely don't sacrifice the above.

I went from using a 9/9 Barec (looks sweet! Try it!) to using a 0/10 Pakuda I had lying around for the purposes of Brighter Day 2 and the nigh-impossible S-rank on that mission, simply because the accuracy was giving me headaches. Also switched out my Kaos Knight for my Wartecher's Red/Knight. Combined, I went from one zero per shotgun blast to one zero per block. It was nice.

As for armour... Armas Line is more or less the best you can use as any forte, master or acro class. Since the board drops, it can be made to any %. Storm Line is nice and cheap and has all slots, Shinowa Line is cheap and comes with a stamina boost (but no body slot) and Red Line has a nice 500 evasion to bring CAST Gunmaster's poor block rate up to scratch.

Hizeri/Mind (to be replaced by the A-rank har/mind S or whatever, gives more MST at the cost of TP) is the head slot of choice, boosts the CAST's low mental defence for those times when dodging spells isn't an option.

Any power enhancing unit for the arm is great, Lumirus/ Power Chrg. gives the biggest bonus but runs your guns down fast, Kaos Knight has the accuracy penalty that doesn't sting too badly for a CAST, red/knight is the rarest and gives good acc/power boosts, and vijerina/power gives a good attack boost with no drawbacks. Until you get there, cati/power is like 10-20K and gives a cool 120 :D Your arm slot makes a much bigger difference than what shotgun you use.

Body slots are a point of preference. Most stick with a /resist for whatever mission they're doing, sleep/resist for white beast for example. If there's no particular status in your mission, a /rainbow unit (legsless, guardless or cati, Vijeri if you have the money) will bump a mediocre armor to a good elemental %. Lastly, there's the stat units like orpad/guard, orpad/legs, lumirus/wall and red/wall. Personally I think they're a waste of time, elemental percent does more for resisting damage than any raw defensive stat, but evasion could be nice if you're built that way, so lumi/wall and orpad/legs are good. Red/wall is 100 mil minimum, gives poor boosts, but a 10% armour attribute boost, so it's not all bad.

Extra slot... this is where your SUV goes! Until recently that was Paradi. I'm working towards Rafal Burst and will stick with that until (or even after) Ares Espada comes out. The rafal series was my favourite SUV before Paradi came out, concentrated fire in a narrow cone of death leaving any survivors crippled and likely killing the next spawn as it arrives. And that was just the A-rank one. On a side note, if you do make a non-CAST, hizeri/stamina goes a long way to resisting any status effects, Deljaban megid doesn't instant kill you once you get to 21 stamina. Hize/PP generate is a nice alternative too, especially to offset PP consumption if you run a power charge.

And as for bullet levelling, anything but lasers level more or less automatically as you use them. Shotguns from behind at point blank range are fun, 3-5 bullets all hitting. Lasers are best used in narrow corridors of enemies that bunch together, like SEED Express and Sakura Blast. There's also a safe spot in block 2 of Forest Infiltration if you get the robot spawn where I got my megid (penetrating line attack just like a laser) up to the midforties just doing missions and busting it out against the robots there.

Hope all this helps, I know I can build a bit of a wall of text when I get going!

Drifting Fable
Aug 2, 2010, 09:26 PM
Thanks everyone, this really helped. No worries, I like walls of text. They give me lots of helpful information.

My Cast problem is finally solved. Oddly enough I decided to make a Female Cast this time around. Honestly the male parts I've seen them all and they've frankly bored me to death (Don't judge me Dx). It was sorta like new territory so it helped me form some new inspiration for the character.

Alright so buying shotguns won't matter too much? That's a little bit a relief, raising my Fighmaster is expensive enough.

So should I just save up for a Rafal or is there a SUV you'd recommend to start out with?

Well off to Innocent girl to face impossible odds Dx.

pikachief
Aug 3, 2010, 12:17 AM
lol just get an A rank SUV for now and use that until u get enough AMP for a better one :)

and yes any shotgun will do really. :D

Drifting Fable
Aug 3, 2010, 12:50 AM
Alright whats the cheapest 5-shot shotgun? I can't tell which shotgun has that ability.

pikachief
Aug 3, 2010, 12:53 AM
all shotguns do. They get 5 shots after the PA hits lvl 21 :) Don't worry they go up quick they are only terrible for a little while lol

TwistedDragon
Aug 3, 2010, 12:57 AM
all shotguns do. They get 5 shots after the PA hits lvl 21 :) Don't worry they go up quick they are only terrible for a little while lol

It only took me 2 years to max them all out.

pikachief
Aug 3, 2010, 12:59 AM
It only took me 2 years to max them all out.

yes because u used the same one for 2 years.

dont scare him they lvl up fast >.> lol