PDA

View Full Version : Considering getting PSU, have some questions

icbat
Aug 2, 2010, 03:38 PM
Hi all,

I loved PSO Ep I/II on the GC, and I love PSZero for the NDS. I'm considering getting in to PSU, but I'm not sure which platform and why.

What are the differences between each platform?
Can you use voice communication with any/all?
Can you play with other players on different platforms (i.e. 360 playing with PC)?
What is this "JP" I keep reading about?
How does this compare to playing offline (GC) or with a small party (NDS)?
Do you ever feel alone, or is it very MMO-like?
Is there a max level, and is there much to do at said max level?
What's your favorite and least favorite parts of the game?

Thanks all, and sorry to bug you all with such silly questions, I'm just having trouble finding all of this info.

HyperShot-X-
Aug 2, 2010, 03:57 PM
If you have xbox 360, try out the demo. It will answer most of your questions.
If you don't, good luck with JP psu on pc.

ZER0 DX
Aug 2, 2010, 05:08 PM
Hi all,

I loved PSO Ep I/II on the GC, and I love PSZero for the NDS. I'm considering getting in to PSU, but I'm not sure which platform and why.

What are the differences between each platform?
Can you use voice communication with any/all?
Can you play with other players on different platforms (i.e. 360 playing with PC)?
What is this "JP" I keep reading about?
How does this compare to playing offline (GC) or with a small party (NDS)?
Do you ever feel alone, or is it very MMO-like?
Is there a max level, and is there much to do at said max level?
What's your favorite and least favorite parts of the game?

Thanks all, and sorry to bug you all with such silly questions, I'm just having trouble finding all of this info.

1. None, aside from English PC/PS2 servers being shutdown. If you want to go online, Xbox 360 or the Japanese version of PC are your only options.

2. Yes, on 360, otherwise you will need a 3rd party program like Skype for JP PC.

3. PC and PS2 were compatable with each other but only regional. (English players had their own server, Japanese has a separate server) Xbox 360 has it's own server separate from PC/PS2 which is worldwide. (English & Japanese & whatever can all play together)

4. JP = Japanese, as it's the only version of PC/PS2 that can go online anymore. If you want to play in English 360 is the only option.

5. Depends on personal taste, It's not anything like PSO or PS0 aside from sharing a few things like weapon names. Personally I find PSU's gameplay much better and more fluid.

6. Depends on where you go, the missions themselves are instanced but the various lobbies hold many people. However most people are in the White Beast mission lobby and not so much in the others. You won't feel alone unless you're going solo in a mission. It's not open world like an actual MMO though, it's more like PSO's system of a lobby which you can then make an instanced game. PSU's party capacity goes up to 6 unlike PSO where the max was 4.

7. Max level is currently 180, I assume it will eventually be 200 someday, they used to to periodic level cap updates but that hasn't happened in a while and it probably won't as the Japanese servers are still at 180 as well.

8. Favorite? Character customization, clothing options, gameplay, interesting looking weapons, fun missions (Although a lot of people seem to only like playing one...), rooms, and being able to set up a personal shop in your room. Least favorite would be being over a year behind the Japanese server in updates and the community definitely has a lot more spammers than it did on PC. You never see that on JP, but it's not hard to get used to really. Population on 360 usually has around 2 full servers peak time, I believe JP has around 3 full at peak time but I'm never on it at the right time to make sure.

HienkyakuX
Aug 2, 2010, 05:23 PM
Have in mind that the JP server is free to play not demo so u can try it out as well.

Karen Erra
Aug 2, 2010, 06:25 PM
If you consider to start on JP, my post here may help you:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180180&page=2