PDA

View Full Version : What's the Deal with People selling 1 item in shops

Vickie
Aug 9, 2010, 09:00 AM
That shit is Ridiculous i just went through a whole page of shops to buy armania and every single one had only 1 for sale, people do it with photons also, its such a waste of time, my guess on why they do it is to keep prices low but dam that shits annoying.

desturel
Aug 9, 2010, 09:47 AM
Considering Armania sells for below NPC value in many players shops, I don't have a problem with the one at a time thing. (same with Rubinad).

Xiled
Aug 9, 2010, 10:00 AM
I've sold 1 item in my shop before and made 200k. I usually don't have much to sell.

TheAstarion
Aug 11, 2010, 11:21 AM
Not everyone has stacks and stacks of things available, if they want to sell a couple of things they picked up by mistake (el-photon for instance) then putting one up for a cheap amount is a nice way of getting people into your room. Also, it might tempt them to play the gacha.

And what if YOU had one of an item on you, went to buy a stack, and could only carry 98? That makes you the evil annoying one for someone else!

You can't force people to have things in their shop that they either don't have, or don't want to put up for sale. Sure it's annoying when the cheapest guy only has 1 Goldania, the next cheapest is 50K more, and the only person with more than two or three is up at 500K, but items drop in missions, rather than just spawning in player shops like they appear to do.

SolomonGrundy
Aug 11, 2010, 12:34 PM
beginning players usually do this. Also, I think you understimate how fast cheap stuff sells.

I am annoyed by the opposite thing: when folks have stacks of stuff that are priced OVER what the NPCs charge. Mot ebons for 10K anyone?

pikachief
Aug 12, 2010, 12:12 AM
I can understand stuff like Goldania's, morbininias and such only having 1 in their shop, but when you do something like buy Junalines. They arent rare I know u have more than one. If you only have 1, why are u putting it up for sale? is that 1k gonna make that much of a difference in your wallet? :/

Fox2Tails
Aug 12, 2010, 01:38 AM
is that 1k gonna make that much of a difference in your wallet?
Yes, it does

Hwang
Aug 12, 2010, 08:19 AM
I always hold onto stuff until I've got more than 1 to sell, but then again, if I'm looking to buy stuff, if it's cheap, I don't really mind if there's 1, but it does get annoying.

SolomonGrundy
Aug 12, 2010, 11:00 AM
I can understand stuff like Goldania's, morbininias and such only having 1 in their shop, but when you do something like buy Junalines. They arent rare I know u have more than one. If you only have 1, why are u putting it up for sale? is that 1k gonna make that much of a difference in your wallet? :/

let's say you have a level 50 character. Junaline is rare.

Shou
Aug 12, 2010, 11:02 AM
Is it really that big of a deal?

Delete
Aug 12, 2010, 11:10 AM
Mot ebons for 10K anyone?

Oh Geesuz >_>

Totally remember those days bro lol.

neilp4453
Aug 12, 2010, 12:10 PM
Oh Geesuz >_>

Totally remember those days bro lol.

I recall buying a bunch of im-photons and el-photons from the NPC shops and putting a couple stacks of each (above the selling price of NPC shops) and I made profit.

It is just laziness...sometimes I will buy el-photons from shops for 250k each.

As for only having a few of the mats you need in shops...I tend to just buy them up over time because people with stacks with you to pay 250-300k each while I can pick up a few at a time for under 150k (goldania and morbinia, that is).

desturel
Aug 12, 2010, 12:42 PM
I am annoyed by the opposite thing: when folks have stacks of stuff that are priced OVER what the NPCs charge. Mot ebons for 10K anyone?

People will buy almost anything. Back before the update, I would store my extra scape dolls in my shop for 11111 so that it was easy to search for, above the NPC price and easily accessible. More than once I have found money in my PM and no scape dolls. At that price there was no way that I was the cheapest scape doll shop out there, but people bought them anyway. It was even worse with my Teranite. I would store three to four stacks of Teranite in my shop for 10k each while I was mass synthing items, and people would come into my shop WHILE I WAS SYNTHING and buy out a stack of Teranite at 4x the NPC value.

JFKdj
Aug 12, 2010, 12:50 PM
I buy all your teranite because I don't have any.

TheAstarion
Aug 12, 2010, 01:24 PM
It is just laziness...sometimes I will buy el-photons from shops for 250k each.

Hit me up next time you're feeling lazy, I'll gladly sell you an el-photon for 250K!

That's like, 25mil for a stack :P

SolomonGrundy
Aug 12, 2010, 01:59 PM
I don't think some people realize that el-photons are sold in the shops. or teranite, for that matter.

Craziness.

Proto07
Aug 12, 2010, 08:44 PM
Funny you mentioned this it happened in my shop last week. I was getting rid of mats and decided to sell a stack of ydral. During the week my ydral supply went down slowly until I had 1 left. It sat there for awhile. I guess people just buy exactly what they need.

neilp4453
Aug 12, 2010, 10:38 PM
Hit me up next time you're feeling lazy, I'll gladly sell you an el-photon for 250K!

That's like, 25mil for a stack :P

Lol, I meant 250meseta. I'm just so used to spending in 1000 increments these days.

pikachief
Aug 13, 2010, 01:41 AM
Yes, it does

Sry in a rush to post that I was gonna finish with "... if it does then ok then. But you can just get that much money from a normal enemies money drop :D" lol

even at lvl 50 u can get way more than 1k in a single run :P at least double! lol

Fox2Tails
Aug 13, 2010, 07:45 AM
Sry in a rush to post that I was gonna finish with "... if it does then ok then. But you can just get that much money from a normal enemies money drop :D" lol

even at lvl 50 u can get way more than 1k in a single run :P at least double! lol
I'm gonna quote Tesco "Every Little Helps"

pikachief
Aug 13, 2010, 11:58 AM
like i said "Ok then" lol :P Im not dissagreeing with your methods im just wonderin why people put 1 junaline up in their shop especially when its at the same price they can just sell it to the NPC for :P lol

It doesnt bother me personally at all when everyone just as 1 in each shop. I was more just curious as to why people do it :)

Vickie
Aug 13, 2010, 12:23 PM
the whole thing doesnt bother me at all until i start searching for something of little value to buy in bulk for example= Ray-Photons and they got my ass jumping from shop to shop buying one at a time when they clearly have more in storage (check theyre synthesis entries) if its because they want people to go to theyre rooms, they need to be slapped in the fuckin face with a wet hand, nobody gives a shit about your rooms, this doesnt go for New players i understand theyre predicament, but it be older players doing this shit. they need to add a Quantity search condition or something..... btw i apologize for the text wall im lazy atm
also i wanna give Props to those who sell stacks of Photons I love yall (no homo)

'tto Bootay & Jon just two shops i frequently buy from "even tho i just went into Jon's shop n someone told me "GET OUT BITCH!" lmao.

desturel
Aug 13, 2010, 12:58 PM
'tto Bootay

I don't really have much variety. I mostly have a ton of megi-photons from doing Magashi Plan, so whenever I get above three stacks of Megi-photons, I throw them in the shop at whatever the current market value is. I have tons of Zon-photons as well, but they don't sell that well, so I don't really bother putting them in the shop.

A lot of the other multiple stack items in the shop are just storage though (Junaline, Merculine, Teranite, etc). So the prices aren't really meant to be competitive. It just gets them out of my PM. I have a ton of boards I'm waiting for a synth bonus to make so I run out of room frequently.

Vickie
Aug 13, 2010, 01:10 PM
yea but you have "Stacks" when you do sell, I bought all of your teranite not too long ago

Roberto14
Aug 16, 2010, 01:05 PM
i hh8 that

SYN Razor
Aug 18, 2010, 10:06 PM
It is kina odd thing but i kina dont mind doing it to keep from paying npc prices on some things

rayner
Aug 19, 2010, 07:28 AM
I'd rather this then some person with infinite amounts of meseta buys all the lower priced items then puts 99 of them in their shop for a higher price.

P.S Petanite should drop in more missions.

desturel
Aug 19, 2010, 08:48 AM
P.S Petanite should drop in more missions.

Once we get Military Subway S2, you'll get more petanite. Right now the only places that drop teranite as a normal drop are Raffon Meadow missions (Mad Creatures, Mad Beasts, Plains Overloard, and Duel in the Ruins) and Metro Linear missions (AMF HQ Recovery and Military Subway). All of those missions are around the level 100 mark. You need a mission with creatures level 125+ to get Petanite more frequently which unfortunately none of these are.

This is thanks to a modification that Sonic Team made a long time ago (http://phantasystaruniverse.com/community_quests.php?item=20080129a) that:

Increased rare material drop rate from normal containers:
The rare material drop rate for containers has been increased for missions with enemies over level 125.

It also had the lovely effect of lowering the drop rate of the same materials in missions with sub 125 creatures.

So right now, you have the options of:
1) Endlessly farming Duel in the Ruins (the shortest run to farm petanite)
2) Run Sakura Blast S2 since one map variation has three boxes that can drop petanite (the map variation that starts with a split path. On block 3 you can get petanite).

rayner
Aug 19, 2010, 09:24 AM
So right now, you have the options of:
1) Endlessly farming Duel in the Ruins (the shortest run to farm petanite)
2) Run Sakura Blast S2 since one map variation has three boxes that can drop petanite (the map variation that starts with a split path. On block 3 you can get petanite).

I do # 2 for Petanite... an occasional break from whatever run I'm currently doing. I try to get the split-path with Boomas on the right and no Big guy on the left for the chance for the Jiggo Booma spawn, the only other good drops from the mission are Neu Walna & Diads :(

I've been currently doing The Dark God S... not S2, because I'm a Guntecher and I like to farm solo... and the enemies are lv 125, so I see plenty of Hapotite + Catilium in the end boxes, along with 4 chances for all 3 types of Polymers. I've also noticed that since there are many small creatures Goldania + Morbinia drop frequently, and 4 boards that I would use drop in the end boxes :)

Of all types of 10* Metals Petanite drops the least played missions, and some dude hoards them!