PDA

View Full Version : Fortegunner Vs Gunmaster

Hwang
Aug 9, 2010, 05:59 PM
I'm really stuck on deciding what to use, I have both at level 20, but really, which is the best to use, I know having bullets at 50 help, but Fortegunner at 180 also gets 300+ more attack than Gunmaster.

Which would be best for normal use?

str898mustang
Aug 9, 2010, 06:01 PM
depends on the mission

If the mission doesn't have any bullet resistant enemies, then Gunmaster

If the mission has enemies that are bullet resistant, then fortegunner.

Hwang
Aug 9, 2010, 06:15 PM
Well at the moment I don't really know anyone to do other high level missions, so I'm basically just running white beast every night with a few people I've met along the way.

Being GMT kinda sucks, because I have yet to find anyone who actually says anything while I'm on, I start a white beast run and I always run by myself with no one joining.

str898mustang
Aug 9, 2010, 06:18 PM
join a guild then.

get out of White Death, it's bad for ur health.

caseylott
Aug 9, 2010, 06:36 PM
I'm so used to gunmaster I could never go back to fortegunner. The speed is well worth it in my opinion.

Hwang
Aug 9, 2010, 06:46 PM
I wouldn't know where to look for a guild.

str898mustang
Aug 9, 2010, 06:53 PM
I wouldn't know where to look for a guild.

http://forums.sega.com/forumdisplay.php?f=220

I'm so used to gunmaster I could never go back to fortegunner. The speed is well worth it in my opinion.

Fortergunner matches or even beats GM in missions.

Delete
Aug 9, 2010, 06:54 PM

This. When I used to play, once I started to use the "Speed Classes," there was no going back to the others.

Oh and finding a Guild isn't too hard, just check out this part of the forums. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Nvm, Mustang's Link clearly pwns mines ;)

Hwang
Aug 9, 2010, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking the main problem is being that I'm a GMT player, I just looked through the sega site, and didn't see 1 with GMT times, so :/

SolomonGrundy
Aug 9, 2010, 07:35 PM
I use GM when I miss S rank twins.
I use fortegunner for everything else. All my favorite guns GM cannot use. (machine guns, crossbows, grenade launchers)

xBULLYDOGG
Aug 9, 2010, 09:07 PM
GunMaster hands down and I'm not gonna tell you why.

Hwang
Aug 9, 2010, 09:28 PM
Well I guessed it would be Gunmaster, that's what I'm using still.

Decided to just hunt Vireji / Resist to try and fund getting a Pakudac 10/10

psu000
Aug 11, 2010, 06:46 AM
If you play GAM (GAC on 360?) fG is by far more useful than GM. If you look at the restriction on some of those missions, fG is more versatile for those restriction and easily customised with AP to solo. For example, Female Cast only need DEF+ lv 1 to equip Serafi senba at level 20 restriction. Spear PA level+ Lv 1 can make your majerra with the 3rd combo that deals with a lot more damage.

If you compare the STA (END) stats, there is no match, for a Female Cast with SUV, like paradi, equipped, fG got 18 END already, STA+ lv 3 brings it to 21 END and you can gladly stand there and eat Megid like candy.

Future GAM/GAC update with Protector ε, which have a lot of restriction of what weapon you can regain during the mission, fG will be benefited with more weapon choice than GM's 4 weapons.

I actually went to fG and didn't use GM again. I mean even though GM got bullets to level 50, as long as you use your GAS weapon skills wisely, you can easily put your bullets back to lv42 and regain the same SE level and the difference from lv42 to lv50 is not that great.

*Update: extra info for making your decision

In comparision to GM, fG:
- More weapon choice (Can equip A rank as well as S rank weapons)
- more versatile to solo (dagger and spear and easily to adapt the restriction on GAM)
- Only A rank Twin Handgun (big deal??)
- need AP to take bullets back to lv41+ (remember fG got more ATP to start with)
- slower in speed on attacking (is it important to you?)
- More STA (can go beyond 21 END in most cases)
- and lastly, gernade launcher... not important for some but there are some cool wepaons in that category in the future. Surely you don't want to miss it.

milranduil
Aug 11, 2010, 12:40 PM
In my opinion, it's best to be ready to play both. GM is better for some missions, while fG is better for others. I find myself constantly using both depending on which mission I want to play.

unicorn
Aug 13, 2010, 12:00 AM
In my opinion, it's best to be ready to play both. GM is better for some missions, while fG is better for others. I find myself constantly using both depending on which mission I want to play.

LIEEES!

You still play FG more. >:B And your best times has been as FG!

---

The way I see it, I'd just use GM to quickly level up bullets. Other than that, FG usually does most missions around the same time or better and more comfortably. But I don't play gunner extensively, but thats just how I see it (one less type to level up!)

milranduil
Aug 13, 2010, 01:28 AM
I played mostly GM for all of BP spam lol. Not fG. I only used fG for Deadly Brilliance.

My GM time is 37 seconds better than my fG run of Distant Memory also.

unicorn
Aug 14, 2010, 12:40 AM
I played mostly GM for all of BP spam lol. Not fG. I only used fG for Deadly Brilliance.

My GM time is 37 seconds better than my fG run of Distant Memory also.

I was onry pulling your leg.

SO GM IS OBVIOUSLY BETTA!!11

milranduil
Aug 14, 2010, 01:37 AM
Both are good for different purposes. That's why I said do both in my original post in this thread lol.