PDA

View Full Version : weapons you hate that everyone loves

SolomonGrundy
Aug 11, 2010, 12:38 PM
I was wondering if I am all alone in something...

There are a very few popular weapons in PSU:

Spears
Axes
Doublesabers
Rifles
Shortguns (now, anyway - used to be crossbows)

And...I hate spears. I hate the way majarra looks, I hate how weak dus duggas is, and the other combat art, while I kinda like, I already use swords for.

Are there weapons you don't like, that everyone esle seems to?

Rei-San
Aug 11, 2010, 12:46 PM
Well, I hate the 4 sealed Swords. They are ugly as all sin. But in the end, they become very useful swords and can get you a really awesome armor when you get all 4.

I guess I also hate the fist class, they're mostly stupid looking performance enhancing boxing gloves. I missed the old days of PSO when you looked like you can fight unarmed.

And I guess that cards in PSO looked better than in PSU.

DUN
Aug 11, 2010, 12:53 PM
I hate the guld and milla worst looking twin guns in the game

and ray what do you mean when you get all four you get a good armor if you dont mind me asking

Rei-San
Aug 11, 2010, 01:11 PM
I hate the guld and milla worst looking twin guns in the game

and ray what do you mean when you get all four you get a good armor if you dont mind me asking

Here

http://psupedia.info/Shijin

This is the armor I'm talking about. The required 4 weapons are in the list. They look very ugly, but they are actually very good swords. Shijin is probably one of the best armors in the game, which you can get by trading in said swords.

DUN
Aug 11, 2010, 01:16 PM
nice is that out right now?

Rei-San
Aug 11, 2010, 01:27 PM
No, unfortunately.

BIG OLAF
Aug 11, 2010, 01:33 PM
- I think the Spread Needle is pretty stupid. But, this is coming from someone who didn't play PSO that much. The bullets are so small, I can't even tell when someone's actually shooting it.

- The Killer Elite is the most ridiculous looking rifle, but, then again, all the S-rank rifles (except the Promoto) are pretty goofy.

- I also agree with DUN about Guld & Milla. Not only do they look stupid, but they sound stupid, too. I call them the "S-rank Twin Varistas".

So, all in all, I guess I hate most of the top-of-the-line ranged weapon's looks.

EDIT: Oh, on a side note: Why does the Tippo Dogma have a regular ol' A-rank Grenade bullet when you fire it? It makes it half the weapon I thought it would be. I was hoping for a teabag, a tea leaf, or a small ball of steam. Not just a normal element shot.

Proto07
Aug 11, 2010, 02:42 PM
I hate the sound and the look of the Edel Fucil. Its looks like if the Mizurakihoh and Ryusaikanoh had a baby.

SolomonGrundy
Aug 11, 2010, 03:49 PM
I hate the sound and the look of the Edel Fucil. Its looks like if the Mizurakihoh and Ryusaikanoh had a baby.

ha ha ha ha!

if we are goign with weapon looks, I HATE A rank GRM knuckles. I don't love tenora or yohmei either, but GRM knucs are FUG.

Also hate:
10* twin claws - that model is SO dumb
7-9* GRM dagger, and twin daggers (I prefer yohmei by far)
most joke weapons: the internet, and being a guardian is serious business

mvffin
Aug 11, 2010, 10:24 PM
I hate Swords. They're so slow, and feel so useless to me.

I hate Rifles because they take SO

FRICKIN

LONG

TO LEVEL

Also, I love how the Ryusaikanoh looks, and it's bullet effect looks, but it sounds like you're scraping rusted ass.

pikachief
Aug 12, 2010, 12:05 AM
Rattlesnake is stupid. Stupid Stupid STUPID. Makes me wanna rage when every i look at it. Its the fugliest thing i've ever seen.

RA RA RA RA RAAAAAAAA >.< lol :)

Ce'Nedra
Aug 12, 2010, 12:23 AM
Axes, they're so damn slow and back on US everyone spammed Jabroken way to much.

Knuckles, the idea was nice, but they look ugly as hell and the PA's often look stupid too, the only funny one is the drunken fist style but that one is slow and takes long to level too.

Grenades and Lasers, now i never liked to gun but again...slow weapons from what i saw, and specially grenades are damn hard to aim and hit with.

Crossbow and Cards, don't really hate them but they do seem useless in this game to me, Crossbow and Handguns do the same, and mostly a handgun looks better too and cards are to hard for me to hit anything with, plus they leave you open too much.

BIG OLAF
Aug 12, 2010, 12:32 AM
Time for a tiny little part 2:

Double Sabers. These friggin' weapons are so stupid, yet about 90% of the fighter population think they're the absolute coolest weapon type in the game. Now, I'll admit, when the advanced classes first came out (yes, I'm a salty ol' PSU veteran), I was a Fighgunner, and I thought Double Sabers were heaven incarnate.

But, years later, when I made my Fortefighter, and fell in love with Twin Claws, Knuckles, Axes, etc., I took another look at my once-mighty Double Sabers and got nauseous, then threw them right into my player shop without a second glance. I don't know; I'm sure a lot of you will disagree about my dislike of Double Sabers. Ah, well.

Mimo
Aug 12, 2010, 01:48 AM
Everytime I saw Melan Knuckles, I got fixated on those bulky, gas spewing fists and start spamming fart jokes. Me already having little concentration, I got even worse at playing. :>

SolomonGrundy
Aug 12, 2010, 11:19 AM
I like skella and Iggac a lot

@Big Olaf: Funny, I feel the opposite way about Double Sabers. BAck in the say, when every idiot FG was spamming tornado dance (whether it was useful or not), I hated them. But now, with Fighmaster out some of the PAs make a lot of sense.

unicorn
Aug 12, 2010, 11:53 AM
Spears - mostly because everyone who I run into using them, uses Majarra on EVERY SINGLE THING

Double Sabers - because even til this day, people are still flinging enemies across the room.

Rifles - I don't mind them when they're used correctly, but a LOT of gunners go into my party just spamming their rifles. I get that they take forever to level up, but rifles aren't the fastest killing weapon for every enemy. Plus the fact that in the JP, we just had an event with "The Big Push" and a gunner was only using rifles, which cause knockdown, but only hit one target. So yeah, no good scores.

Powder Keg
Aug 12, 2010, 12:01 PM
Rifles - I don't mind them when they're used correctly, but a LOT of gunners go into my party just spamming their rifles. I get that they take forever to level up, but rifles aren't the fastest killing weapon for every enemy. Plus the fact that in the JP, we just had an event with "The Big Push" and a gunner was only using rifles, which cause knockdown, but only hit one target. So yeah, no good scores.

This, x1000. Sometimes the SE can be of use but that's about it.

Gahnik
Aug 12, 2010, 12:14 PM
Time for a tiny little part 2:

Double Sabers. These friggin' weapons are so stupid, yet about 90% of the fighter population think they're the absolute coolest weapon type in the game. Now, I'll admit, when the advanced classes first came out (yes, I'm a salty ol' PSU veteran), I was a Fighgunner, and I thought Double Sabers were heaven incarnate.

But, years later, when I made my Fortefighter, and fell in love with Twin Claws, Knuckles, Axes, etc., I took another look at my once-mighty Double Sabers and got nauseous, then threw them right into my player shop without a second glance. I don't know; I'm sure a lot of you will disagree about my dislike of Double Sabers. Ah, well.

I just had that realization a couple days ago when i looked between my Carriguine-Rucar and my other weapons' accuracy. I still love the look of some double sabers, but i'm probably not gonna use them anymore.

garjian
Aug 12, 2010, 02:43 PM
i hate Agito Repca, and Sangeyasha, and all their similars...
too small, and just plain ugly.

but i use and love just about everything else...

oh, guld and milla... they must be disappointing to work towards... varista noise and all... thats about it really...

garjian
Aug 12, 2010, 02:59 PM
Grenades and Lasers, now i never liked to gun but again...slow weapons from what i saw, and specially grenades are damn hard to aim and hit with.
Grenades are for bosses and big stuff... and lasers hit very nice damage eventually and on the right spawn are often the best gu--naah who am i kidding... shotgun spam.

Crossbow and Cards, don't really hate them but they do seem useless in this game to me, Crossbow and Handguns do the same, and mostly a handgun looks better too and cards are to hard for me to hit anything with, plus they leave you open too much.
you never bothered to level crossbow? no?

crossbows shoot 3 bullets, and can do... well mine on a lvl120 GT (with LKK) hits 800 a shot, so x3... 2400, i think thats good damage, and at full HP too! (zagenga obviously)
card hits roughly the same slightly more, just a little slow, but much easier to level, and longer range... but you have to use the elemental ones... masei-shiki leave a bit to be desired...

TheAstarion
Aug 12, 2010, 03:53 PM
Rifles- Everybody and their PM has one, and they're JUST. SO. STUPID. Why mash X infinitely when you can mash X up close with a shotgun? Or mash X in Barta Formation with a laser cannon? Or, if they're in Barta Formation... Maybe even use BARTA? Oh, did I mention that my Wartecher (pre-supp, lv20 bullet) with an A-rank card outdamages a Gunmaster's rifle, same element, against De Rol/Falz, one of the only reasons to use First Person View? And when I first joined I thought cards were awkward.

I also hate diga. Maybe I'm too much of a purist but there always used to be three elements, and HOW exactly is flinging burning poo at a robot going to do more damage than shorting it out, or overheating it with explosions?

Double sabers go without saying. Tornoobo dance is for transport, and blundering into enemies by accident somehow nets people with a level 50 skill. I fully condone its use against things that can't move, like bosses, but the knockback shouldn't have been so severe. Or irritating. Absolute dance too, the number of times I've had to help some meat shield party member because he's spent too much time doing part 1 or part 3 and not enough time running away from Ardite punches and the like.

Not particularly fond of slicers, though the X-slice move from PSP2 is fun to use. It's still a case of everyone using lulcannon chikki with these weapons.

Swords I don't hate in theory, but in practice I hate how crap they are as a damage source. In PSO they were one of the top weapons; single target they did fine, gangs of sharks they tore through. Now they're good for, what, one or two guys, tops? Spinning break for the Degahna? IMO there needs to be a multi-hit AoE move, like they did with Anga Grudda, to take advantage of its naturally high ATP.

And spears... all the moves are bland, except Majarra, which is going out of its way to be stupid. Their regular attacks are a pain too, they have a BIG PHOTON BLADE. In the case of the Geki, the BIGGEST PHOTON BLADE EVER (Magas Magahna/Gigas Espada notwithstanding). Why can't they have more of a hitbox than 2milimeters square five miles from you, no more, no less. Trying to break boxes without switching weapons or using PP is a pain >.>

Oh, and I hate Damgrants, because we don't have it yet and it's the awesomestest spell ever! <-PSP2 envy

Edit: Oh yeah, and anything in lightning! Why does light look so clean and crisp while lightning gets all immensely fuzzy and unfocused? Not to mention most things worth using lightning on are on Moatoob, where nobody goes.

SolomonGrundy
Aug 12, 2010, 04:38 PM
yeah, lightning elements are intolerable in all but a few weapons. Okanoh for the axe, does it pretty well, though...

Rei-San
Aug 12, 2010, 10:11 PM
i hate Agito Repca, and Sangeyasha, and all their similars...
too small, and just plain ugly.

Blasphemy! It you hate them so much then give them to me! :x

lol, but seriously. I'm a huge katana fanatic with these sorts of games, and I'm actually quite pissed that there aren't as many nihonto as there were in PSO. Would love to see Yamigarasu return. :( Of coarse I hate how little PP the Sange and Yasha have.

FOkyasuta
Aug 13, 2010, 08:22 PM
You Sure His Character Isn't To Big?

I Hate Pms That Come Join Your Party! So Damn Annoying With There Words!

Max B
Aug 13, 2010, 08:26 PM
Masterforce on the 360 server

Quatre52
Aug 13, 2010, 09:35 PM
Blasphemy! It you hate them so much then give them to me! :x

lol, but seriously. I'm a huge katana fanatic with these sorts of games, and I'm actually quite pissed that there aren't as many nihonto as there were in PSO. Would love to see Yamigarasu return. :( Of coarse I hate how little PP the Sange and Yasha have.

I'd kill to have my Yamigarasu back :-(

There really is no weapon i hate, a few PA's i could live with out, but no weapons i really hate.

FOkyasuta
Aug 14, 2010, 11:51 PM
One More: Long Bows. Id Take A Rifle Instead Of Those Inaccurate Things

Roberto14
Aug 16, 2010, 01:06 PM
i remember when the ruby bullet came out i grinded it 10/10 and always used it in MAG everyone iin my party was complaining about its sound llol

Akaimizu
Aug 16, 2010, 02:19 PM
Funny enough, I don't hate on weapons, but Rifles and Shotguns I almost group together. It's like gunners need only those two weapons and nothing else. I tend to try to avoid overuse on weapons that give everybody the impression that they break the game so that they're the only useful types. They wont say that they think those weapons break the game, but their way of sticking to just those tells the tale better than words can ever do.

Yes, I use them, but I also highly mix it up. Then again, I fit better in the opposite topic. I have more weapons I love that everybody loves to hate on. Twin Handguns happen to be one of them. I also make sure that my Fortefighter also has Sword use, even though I use the other weapons with them as well. To keep Sword use up, I tend to set it so that one of my elements is on that sword (in levels where enemies have like 4+ different elemental monsters coming at you) and that the element is for monsters that come in groups, not individual guys.

FOkyasuta
Aug 16, 2010, 03:10 PM
Twin S Rank Handguns FTW.

Anduril
Aug 16, 2010, 03:13 PM
I dislike axes; they are one of the reasons that I don't have a heavy-weapon based fighter. I especially hate them when people decide to Jabroga small enemies in a really big room.

FOkyasuta
Aug 16, 2010, 05:47 PM
I Seen The Spread Needle Today. Brings Me 2 Shame. The Bullets Are To Small And Its Nothing Like Its PSO Counter-Part.

TenebriS
Aug 16, 2010, 06:16 PM
I Seen The Spread Needle Today. Brings Me 2 Shame. The Bullets Are To Small And Its Nothing Like Its PSO Counter-Part.

it looks totally same lame as in PSO

FOkyasuta
Aug 16, 2010, 06:20 PM
What!?!?!? It Was Better In PSO Then It Is In PSU! Let Me Put It This Way.

PSO Spread Needle: Fast Fire Rate And You Can See The Bullets When You Fire It.

PSU Spread Needle: The Exact Opposite.

xBULLYDOGG
Aug 16, 2010, 11:58 PM
Anything with a rappy on it.

TenebriS
Aug 17, 2010, 01:17 PM
What!?!?!? It Was Better In PSO Then It Is In PSU! Let Me Put It This Way.

PSO Spread Needle: Fast Fire Rate And You Can See The Bullets When You Fire It.

PSU Spread Needle: The Exact Opposite.

Let me put it this way

PSO = it sucked

PSU = it sucks

pikachief
Aug 17, 2010, 01:28 PM
I know its not a weapon... well i guess u can say its a weapon lol

Megid at 41+. I HATE that stupid thing in the middle. I refuse to level it up because of it and I was glad they made it so that I can't see other people use it anymore :)

SolomonGrundy
Aug 17, 2010, 02:09 PM
techs totally count: I don't use razonde or zonde. The bummer is that zonde is actutally useful. gi/ra zonde...not so much

FOkyasuta
Aug 17, 2010, 06:03 PM
Actually Techs Are Bad In This One. What Happend To PSO Technic Disks?

beastinabox
Aug 18, 2010, 12:34 AM
I hate axes they are use full on bosses but when some one has the mind to use them on a nomal enemey then they nock every enemey out of the way of your pa's and you will never lvl up your pa's as a fightmaster. And i gess double sabbers to.

Esther Reagan
Aug 18, 2010, 01:02 AM
Masterforce on the 360 server

I loved using my force on the PC but I'm gonna have to agree 100% there. I often find my masterforce on the 360 using 1 or 2 more spells when everyne else starts running to the next area because it slows my game down so much I can't keep up. Also when I'm not a masterforce, their spells make gunmaster/fighmaster/acro's attack speed pretty much worthless. I don't hate force by any means; I just wish they could fix the lag somehow.

FOkyasuta
Aug 18, 2010, 01:06 AM
Ah Wha?!?!?

stinkyfish97
Aug 18, 2010, 01:22 AM
Ex traps are a hate love relationship. Ive pretty much played PT forever. Since before AotI and he is still my main character. Ive seen a lot and Ive come across a lot of PT. Some actually think they are good because they lay down 30 traps a mission. :( I am not going to tell people how to play but really there are time for traps and time for no traps. You are not speeding up the runs by simply laying down traps. Laying down well timed traps now, now that speeds up the runs.

Recently I came across another PT and I figured great we should do this 2x as fast. NO!!! I lay down freeze, he lays down burn. OK. So I just give up traping because it was kinda getting on my nerves. Anyways after 3 runs I quit the party because he was laying 30 traps a mission and was laying burn on seed express, spreading the enemies out everywhere, so the masterforces in the party had to either chance them down or couldnt hit the entire mobs with their magic attacks. Basically we went from doing 5 minute runs to taking nearly 10 minutes and we werent even killing everything. Thats why I had to leave. He wasnt a very good PT.

Ex traps when used in combination with other powerful players =very fast runs. Bad PT's using EX traps because they think they make runs go faster=slow runs. Basically I am at a love hate relationship with the weapon. I guess it isnt so much the weapon its how it is being used. Same goes for all classes though. PT and AT are the biggest hinderence to a party when in the hands of crappy players. AT's that think they should be dealing damage instead of making sure everyone else is spitting out as much damage are bad AT's, PT that only lay traps, and FM that Jabroga without critcaling spewing the mob everywhere are all bad players that just drive me insane.

I guess my favorite weapon is the boomstick. Nothing like putting 5 shots into an enemies face. :) Well stomach in my case because I have a very short charcter. Im blasting kneecaps on most enemies. lol.

FOkyasuta
Aug 18, 2010, 12:47 PM
^ Amen Dude. What Happened To The Traps We Used To Have Back In PSO?

Karazykid
Aug 18, 2010, 06:25 PM
Ex traps are a hate love relationship. Ive pretty much played PT forever. Since before AotI and he is still my main character. Ive seen a lot and Ive come across a lot of PT. Some actually think they are good because they lay down 30 traps a mission. :( I am not going to tell people how to play but really there are time for traps and time for no traps. You are not speeding up the runs by simply laying down traps. Laying down well timed traps now, now that speeds up the runs.

Recently I came across another PT and I figured great we should do this 2x as fast. NO!!! I lay down freeze, he lays down burn. OK. So I just give up traping because it was kinda getting on my nerves. Anyways after 3 runs I quit the party because he was laying 30 traps a mission and was laying burn on seed express, spreading the enemies out everywhere, so the masterforces in the party had to either chance them down or couldnt hit the entire mobs with their magic attacks. Basically we went from doing 5 minute runs to taking nearly 10 minutes and we werent even killing everything. Thats why I had to leave. He wasnt a very good PT.

Ex traps when used in combination with other powerful players =very fast runs. Bad PT's using EX traps because they think they make runs go faster=slow runs. Basically I am at a love hate relationship with the weapon. I guess it isnt so much the weapon its how it is being used. Same goes for all classes though. PT and AT are the biggest hinderence to a party when in the hands of crappy players. AT's that think they should be dealing damage instead of making sure everyone else is spitting out as much damage are bad AT's, PT that only lay traps, and FM that Jabroga without critcaling spewing the mob everywhere are all bad players that just drive me insane.

I guess my favorite weapon is the boomstick. Nothing like putting 5 shots into an enemies face. :) Well stomach in my case because I have a very short charcter. Im blasting kneecaps on most enemies. lol.

I love the PT class, but it's idiots like that that give us a bad name. The worst I've seen though was one who kept throwing down fire traps and insisted on using nothing but grenades. It's really not that helpful when you scatter the mobs all across the room. Grenades are wonderful against big guys or if you get all the small ones pinned in a corner, but constantly scattering them all over the place is just gonna piss everyone off.

FOkyasuta
Aug 18, 2010, 06:39 PM
Hell Yeah.

Esther Reagan
Aug 18, 2010, 10:14 PM
I love the PT class, but it's idiots like that that give us a bad name. The worst I've seen though was one who kept throwing down fire traps and insisted on using nothing but grenades. It's really not that helpful when you scatter the mobs all across the room. Grenades are wonderful against big guys or if you get all the small ones pinned in a corner, but constantly scattering them all over the place is just gonna piss everyone off.

Grenades are also a mystery. Because nobody on PSU plays on the same internet connection, sometimes the person using the grenade launcher has monsters cornered on their screen but on everyone else's screen the monsters could be flying all over the place. I know how to corner a lot of creatures on WB so I use grenades on WB a lot. But other people start complaining saying that they're flying all over the place when clearly on my screen they are not. That's why I usually just make my own rooms ;]

Dan1218
Aug 18, 2010, 11:13 PM
I do not know if this counts, but I believe no good comes from S rank cards. I love cards and would prefer if Acrofighter or Guntecher could use them.

Noblewine
Aug 20, 2010, 07:37 PM
I don't dislike double sabers or axes but I hate it when people spam Ank Dugrega or Tornado Dance.

Delete
Aug 20, 2010, 07:54 PM
I hate Swords. They're so slow, and feel so useless to me.

I hate Rifles because they take SO

FRICKIN

LONG

TO LEVEL

I used to have most of my bullets 41+ before I quit, and that took me ages. Don't even wanna think how long it would have taken me to get to 50 >_>

On topic, I think I hated Spears too. Hate how you look stupid while your running with them lol.

bupjo
Aug 20, 2010, 09:22 PM
been playin' PSU since nov. 2006, and use to play PSO on dreamcast and gamecube...and as much as i love PSU, i have to say i don't think i have found any of these weapons that exciting to begin with. i mean sure when the halarod, uransara, and a few other tech and ranged weapons came out it was a bit exciting, but in my opinion, all in all i don't find any of the weapons "ALL THAT!" that's why i laugh when i see people arguing over their pallates. arguing who has the better weapons and such. plus this game is easy enough that you may not need the 'best' weapons. anyway, my hatred for crossbows is unbelievable.

Vickie
Aug 21, 2010, 12:24 AM
Real Hand Weapons, wait nvm i don't think anyone likes those.

darkante
Aug 21, 2010, 04:05 PM
Axes, spamming Jabroken.
Spear, Majara spam.
etc.

Leaving the less powerhungry in the dust.
Personally, the things that gets me is someone single-handely destroying everything before you get the chance to do anything.
That bores me fast.

Itīs like a bad movie.

Real Hand Weapons, wait nvm i don't think anyone likes those.
Haha, funny. My friend seems to like it. O.o

Red*
Aug 22, 2010, 03:35 PM
i hate Guld&Milla (Ugly o_O) i dont understand why every gunner is after this gun...
i hate killer elite. looks like a big spaceship. and the shot animation is also ugly -.-
i also hate bad PTs..........!

i love spread needle, because i like the sound
i love edel fucil. because i like the look ;)

Grenades are also a mystery. Because nobody on PSU plays on the same internet connection, sometimes the person using the grenade launcher has monsters cornered on their screen but on everyone else's screen the monsters could be flying all over the place. I know how to corner a lot of creatures on WB so I use grenades on WB a lot. But other people start complaining saying that they're flying all over the place when clearly on my screen they are not. That's why I usually just make my own rooms ;]

Grenade Spamming is a crime. i use grenade to knockdown the enemys and kill they with shotgun.

TenebriS
Aug 22, 2010, 04:04 PM
I hate it when dagger user always use buten, its so annoying they kick away all monsters

what i also hate is when someone just use one weapon, its mostly ok, but starts to suck when the element is 40% of wep and you faight against fire monsters <.<

but what i hate most is that some people say they "can't" use broken weps, i always ask them how far they wanan grind, and they dont even wanna grind it, they just dont wanna see something else than */10, thats something i find stupid, for grinders its ok, but for non.grinding people its senseless.

cyber wolf
Aug 22, 2010, 11:29 PM
i hate the double agito. it is just the way it look.

reddragon_756
Aug 23, 2010, 12:22 AM
I hate the Adahna Cannon. It was cool at first when almost nobody had 1. But now every gunner has 1 and it's annoying.

FOkyasuta
Aug 23, 2010, 11:05 PM
Actually Blame The Pepole. For Being Idiots. >.>

InfiniDragon
Aug 24, 2010, 01:49 AM
My thing I hate and always have are Spears when using Majarra. I've never understood the appeal other than damage (which I get just fine with Bogga Robado/Spiral Dance/Cross Hurricane/Vivi Danga). It looks stupid, and everybody and their dog seems to love it for reason.

Also, twin claws. Not that common I know...but I never liked their look or attacks, and I really hate how some people that use them seem to act like total elitists (read: Fortefighters) because they use them and mock the more "common" melee players (read: Fighmasters). PROTIP: Nobody cares.

Tetsaru
Aug 24, 2010, 02:30 PM
Weapons I hate:

Axes. Now, as a guy who primarily plays gunner classes, I know how friggin long it takes to level up bullet PA's, but I found axe PA's just as annoying. Maybe it was because I usually played as a Beast Fortefighter when I used melee classes, but I couldn't stand how SLOOOOWWW they were, only to see zeroes pop up every other hit. Maybe if I was a Cast Fighmaster instead or something, but I always preferred Fortefighter's weapon selection over Fighmaster. Personally, I'd rather dash in with something like Assault Crush, or use Chikki from afar to take out enemies, rather than take the time to get a Just Attack start-up and wait about 5 seconds before Jabroga goes off and the enemies have already moved out of the way, or risk pissing off everyone else in the party by scattering everything if it DOES hit. And afterwards, I hear they fixed (out of all the things TO fix with PSU) the impossible-to-miss glitch it had. Ok, if Jabroga takes so damned long to charge up and is interruptable, I think it should be able to hit EVERY TIME if it DOES go off, and do metric fucktons of damage as it was intended to do. :nono:

I don't understand bows that much either - they're pretty much the same thing as rifles, except they fire slower, don't cause knockback at high levels, and techers use them...? If that's the case, why couldn't they use TP as the stat for determining damage instead? That, and techers usually have long-range covered with... oh, I dunno... their TECHS, maybe?? Stuff like Noszonde and Foie, perhaps?? It just seems like Sega made two different weapon types almost exactly the same, and they should've differentiated them more.

I don't like swords either. I remember them being a lot stronger on PSO as well (course I only played offline and had a duped Tsumikiri-J Sword that a friend got from online, lol). In PSU, they're slower, harder to time Just Attacks with, and their PA's just suck... I mean, Dus Robado does what Tornado Break does, Spinning Break is just... why, you're throwing away the horizontal melee range of your weapon to hit stuff you're probably just better off using a gun on, and Gravity Break, while the best of the 3 imo, is just too slow and only hits one target, not to mention it's ALSO difficult to Just Attack to get the full damage potential out of it.

And as much as I TRY to like them, I don't care for double-sabers either. Again, difficult to Just Attack efficiently with, PA's I don't like, and low damage output. Gravity Dance is... just ok, I guess, Spiral Dance (probably the best one imo) just doesn't flow well between the 2nd and 3rd moves, Absolute Dance is wtf slow and stupid (only the 2nd move is worth a damn), and Tornado Dance is just HAY GUYZ WATCH ME RUSH AHEAD OF THE PARTY AND SCATTER ENEMIES. See why I hate Fighmaster now - I've already ruled out three of their four usable weapons! :razz:

Twin daggers seemed to have gotten nerfed after AotI came out... they used to be one of my favorite weapons WAAAAY back, lol. It just seemed like their hit-boxes were off or something, maybe it's just my imagination... :confused:

As for specific weapons:

Edil Fucil. A 15* rifle that's basically nothing more than a yellow stick with wings on it. It looks fugly, stupid, and disappointing as hell.

Guld & Milla. An epic gun weapon that got ruined from PSO to PSU. After all the bullshit I had to go through to find the separate guns, where's the HP-stealing ability? The bullet animation?? And it has that shitty old firing sound effect too...

Psycho Wand. I know what you're thinking - this is an awesome weapon in both PSO AND PSU. But if it is, then WHY does it not have the folding up/extending animations it had in PSO!? Now that I think of it, the only weapon in PSU that I know of that did something similar to this was the Germinus Gun/Ganuc, yet so many weapons in PSO changed form while they were attacking, and had special abilities and what not... Sega, I am disappoint. :disapprove:

All the Kubara "clone" weapons (not the unique ones). The only uses I got out of these were for my Acrotecher's buffs, since they relied only on PP cost and not TP. And no, I don't have the patience or luck to grind them (as stupid as PSU's grinding system is) to 10 so they'll be "better" than the normal versions; I don't like seeing gray pallete-swapped weapons that don't have any visual or audio effects to them. They can all go burn in a fire, along with "Segac" and the rest of the damned Kubara forest.

That's all I can think of atm, but there's probably more.

SolomonGrundy
Aug 24, 2010, 04:37 PM
Also, twin claws. Not that common I know...but I never liked their look or attacks, and I really hate how some people that use them seem to act like total elitists (read: Fortefighters) because they use them and mock the more "common" melee players (read: Fighmasters). PROTIP: Nobody cares.

Holy alternate reality, batman

Fortefighters are the elitists, and FM are the "common" melee players? I think you have it backwards, my man. Also, look in the shops. Twin claws are VERY undervalued, which means probably not a lot of folks using them.

Khorian
Aug 25, 2010, 10:10 AM
Can't believe someone said axes suck. Axes for me leveled faster thank Knuckles... But then again I left when the cap was 90. Axes are for attacking from behind, the fact that the first and last part of the melee hit has a knockdown. Beast PT with a 50% dark 9* +10 axe (Back when that sort of thing was fashionable) I could solo a Svaltus while two FT's are spamming away diga at the others. Axes are a precision weapon. That said Dugrea did suck in its earlier days before they buffed the range on it. I already capped it by that time time on four toons though.

FOkyasuta
Aug 25, 2010, 12:30 PM
Time To Rip Out The Ank Bico. =3

Proto07
Aug 25, 2010, 01:01 PM
Whenever I see a Fighter setting up Jabroga I like to knock enemies away with Mayalee Prism. :evil:

InfiniDragon
Aug 30, 2010, 12:02 AM
Holy alternate reality, batman

Fortefighters are the elitists, and FM are the "common" melee players? I think you have it backwards, my man. Also, look in the shops. Twin claws are VERY undervalued, which means probably not a lot of folks using them.

You've gotta be the one in la la land, either that or it's a 360 thing (I'm new to the 360 version).

FMs were all over the place on PC (I had one too, I'll admit), replacing FFs as the melee class I saw the most by far. And all I heard from people who decided to stay FF instead of "I play FF because I like FF" (aka the right answer), were cries of "FM palette sucks", "FMs are all Tornado Dance spammers" (which is true for some FMs sadly), "FF > FM" and so on and so forth. And the reasons that the Fortefighters I encountered stated as such was usually due to their palette, which rarely had any of the "common" melee weps that FMs usually wield (aka sword and spear) and usually favored claws, knuckles and twin claws.

Also, you must have missed the part where I said twin claws aren't that common. Furthermore, the shop value doesn't necessarily reflect things, over on 360 for some strange reason people value Me/Quick over Har/Quick, and back on the PC 50% Heavy Twins were only like 1-2 mil and they're still quite usable.

FOkyasuta
Aug 30, 2010, 12:15 AM
A Microsoft Error?

Delete
Aug 30, 2010, 01:40 AM
Whenever I see a Fighter setting up Jabroga I like to knock enemies away with Mayalee Prism. :evil:

That's such an ass move but funny as hell ;)

DragonForce
Aug 30, 2010, 01:42 AM
That's such an ass move but funny as hell ;)

It's even funnier to use my grom burst so everything dies before they get a chance to hit anything!

mvffin
Aug 30, 2010, 03:59 AM
for some strange reason people value Me/Quick over Har/Quick

2 reasons for that actually. First, me/quick is a lot less common, since it drops on lower ranks of missions that nobody runs. Also, with /R missions, a lot of techers couldn't use A rank armor, until recently with the GAS base stat boosts.