PDA

View Full Version : Ely Sion

DUN
Aug 11, 2010, 03:50 PM
is it worth getting cause i just beat the one for Erdel Harp in 10mins and no s run so i have a feeling this is going to be a pain

garjian
Aug 12, 2010, 03:04 PM
i dont think so... its not the best sword in the game even now is it?

no it isnt... even the beefslayer welldone is better :/ (if you have a hize... shh) (and yeah, light's better than fire but w/e)

the rifle and the bow are better in their respective classes... i think.

TheAstarion
Aug 12, 2010, 03:49 PM
If you adore swords it's worth having, but the Edel Elym needs you to keep Karen alive, which is a nearly impossible task; every class that can keep Karen on her feet reliably can't deal damage for toffee to the last block of dudes either leading to a catch-22 of "do I fail through time or through ally deaths?"

You could always do it the Gunmaster way, pumpin' shotguns, or the fishgun/master way spinning your way to victory, but even then it'll take a few times.

The bow will be superceded pretty soon by the Vapas Shooter, Velos Escudo and Lavis Arrow,
The rifle looks like crap and loses out to the Firearm
The Sion is the best looking, but swords aren't any good in the grand scheme of things. Others like the Magahna Slayer and Soul Banish will be better too.

Do it for the prestige, don't sweat it if it seems impossible.

DUN
Aug 12, 2010, 08:38 PM
Ive tried it with protrancer and gunmaster and the traps dont kill them fast enough so I think imma pass it up ive seen one person with sion does it come out a good %

TheAstarion
Aug 13, 2010, 06:53 AM
Always 35% light. No disastrous, but not gamebreaking.

If we got the element changer like Japan got then I'd rate it more highly, a 40% Ely in a flavour of your choice would be nice. I'd have wanted an ice type one. SEGA even released a screenshot of a fire type Ely before they even confirmed it was gonna be released on our servers!