PDA

View Full Version : PSZ is DEAD and Dragon Quest IX killed it!

Quintus_The_Force
Aug 12, 2010, 06:15 PM
Ever since I bought DQIX my roomate and I have been playing MP nonstop! not even thinking of PSZ, no desire to play it now

Anybody else have this problem? Should I be ashamed?

Maybe Sega will make Phantasy Star 5 one day (and it could be turn based multiplayer just like DQIX)

Cire39
Aug 12, 2010, 06:16 PM
Too bad DQIX doesn't have online multiplayer :\

Oh, and it's natural that PSZ would slow down like it has, but I wouldn't say it's dead.

Quintus_The_Force
Aug 12, 2010, 06:22 PM
Too bad DQIX doesn't have online multiplayer :\

Oh, and it's natural that PSZ would slow down like it has, but I wouldn't say it's dead.
yeah no online MP is a bummer :(

(i meant dead as in i dont see myself turning it on anytime soon)

zeital
Aug 12, 2010, 06:33 PM
u say PSZ is slowing down, its really not, i can count about 10+ new members to the msn zero in the last week, its just the forums that are slow, so there is ur problem

DoctorQuark
Aug 12, 2010, 06:46 PM
I don't blame you for being wrapped up in this game; it's great. And yes, it's a real bummer that there's no online multiplayer. D: But I wouldn't say that it killed PSZ. Quite frankly, it's been slowing down for a while, anyways... you could say it contributed to it's condition, I suppose, but that'd be a bit much, I think. :3

bns1991
Aug 13, 2010, 09:22 AM
I have recently purchased DQIX and I also have stopped playing psz. Though there are new people starting to play psz, there are even more people that are probably putting the game down. I think the game is declining slowly but surely. Too bad though....I actually enjoyed playing for 6 months.

PSZFann
Aug 14, 2010, 12:08 PM
i have had the game since last November when it came out where i live and i have played hard core the whole time and the most time i have played was probably in the last two months so dont try to tell me its slowing down. I belive that its going in wavelike patterns, the popularity goes up, then down, then back up... and so on and so on

Chukie sue
Aug 14, 2010, 10:05 PM
No, my DS broke. I wouldnt be playing much DQ9 anyway because I dont know anyone irl to play it with... Megaman star force 2 and Bleach Dark souls is what took away my interest in this game... that, and making every build possible while getting nothing but crap from the treasure boxes...

Chaos Rappy
Aug 14, 2010, 10:38 PM
I would stop playing this game if I stopped getting rares that hold little meaning to me and the hope they could be useful to other people in the hopes to get things more meaningful too me but less to other people, AKA, I play to help perpetuate the trade scene, to keep business smooth and to help other people keep playing in the end.

I see this almost as if I'm some sort of non-positive displacement pump for the piping of this community, with everyone else being the fluids (or finely divided solids, if you catch my joke XP) going through a closed loop system. Of course, with too much external losses, I'm not going to be able to keep everything going smoothly forever. Eventually, the community will slowly "leak out" of the system and there'll be nothing I can do for it. It's how things are... Of course, as far as I'm concerned, I still feel the need to play this game so long as other people are willing to play it (hence why I said I'm a "non-positive displacement" type of pump; they rate at which they increase flow is the amount of flow going in, basically). If too many people give up, though, I may end up leaving too, but I can't see that happening in the meantime. ;P

(Wow, I have such a typical Machinist's Mate mindset right now. >_>)

Pirrip
Aug 15, 2010, 01:19 AM
A friend of mine just got this game as a gift, that's another player. ^_^ I hope it doesn't die down yet, because I still have some rares I want to find.

DoubleJG
Aug 15, 2010, 01:48 AM
DQIX caught my interested momentarily, but I wouldn't have anyone to play it with. Because of this, PSZ and PkMn will continue to be my games of choice for the DS.

Broken_L_button
Aug 15, 2010, 09:32 PM
Personally, I'd say Shin Megami Tensei : Strange Journey is the one who killed PSZ for me, but...meh, I doubt anyone would share my opinion. Then again, declaring PSZ dead is rather hasty.

Killing_Frost
Aug 16, 2010, 01:42 AM
Personally, I'd say Shin Megami Tensei : Strange Journey is the one who killed PSZ for me, but...meh, I doubt anyone would share my opinion. Then again, declaring PSZ dead is rather hasty.

I agree with this sentiment. Even if I can't find the [SPOILERS] pig boss ANYWHERE in the stupid mall [END SPOILERS]

Xelor
Aug 16, 2010, 08:46 AM
I wanted this game pretty badly for quite awhile back in '08 when the JP version was released. I enjoyed the game when I played it but I couldn't find the right people to hunt with, and even then the loot just wasn't entertaining enough for me to hunt for. I would've probably played more if there was more functionality with playing with strangers such as being able to join/host rooms, chat freely, such and such. It just overall lacked content.

Now I'm REALLY excited for PSPo2, with being able to decorate and visit rooms, changes classes whenever and customize deeply, decent Versus Mode online, join/host rooms, and so much more. Edit: Not to mention more than 2000 weapons and armor I've heard in comparison to PSZ's 350 (estimate). I am 10x more excited for that game than I was for PSZ. I just have to wait 29 more days..

LordNiko
Aug 16, 2010, 04:08 PM
NO WAY! how did it start killing psz if it doesnt have online multiplayer!!??!?!?!

PSZFann
Aug 16, 2010, 04:45 PM
NO WAY! how did it start killing psz if it doesnt have online multiplayer!!??!?!?!

I AM WITH HIM!

RoxasNeval
Aug 30, 2010, 02:28 PM
Yeah im with Niko and Rappy huneter! no wifi=fail :ak:DQ9

Chukie sue
Aug 30, 2010, 03:21 PM
It's called kids and McDonalds :/

RoxasNeval
Aug 31, 2010, 11:36 AM
i dont think that alot of kids play psz so they didnt affect the activeness of psz :p

ZeekTheSweet
Aug 31, 2010, 11:40 AM
I agree with this sentiment. Even if I can't find the [SPOILERS] pig boss ANYWHERE in the stupid mall [END SPOILERS]

I love you guys for knowing this game

ZeroXRaven
Aug 31, 2010, 12:34 PM
Yeah im with Niko and Rappy huneter! no wifi=fail :ak:DQ9

It is killing it because with or without the online function it is amazing...Most people I know would rather sit down with some friends and play together than play with strangers anyway...and PSZ is really limited Online which was a major dissapointment

Honestly though DQ IX is just a newer game and PSZ had it's time...they both are simliar in certain ways too like the grind aspect and item collecting

kirtblue
Aug 31, 2010, 03:16 PM
being on the ds it has a limited shelf life anyway and we all knew that it had its time and it has come and gone and it will have little hiccups here and there of players but this is nothing new same thing happened when monster hunter 3 and ffcceot came out its to be expected

Cire39
Aug 31, 2010, 03:57 PM
being on the ds it has a limited shelf life anyway and we all knew that it had its time and it has come and gone and it will have little hiccups here and there of players but this is nothing new same thing happened when monster hunter 3 and ffcceot came out its to be expected

...wat. FFCCEOT came out 8 months before PSZ did, and MH3 isn't even on the same console.

Chaos Rappy
Aug 31, 2010, 04:01 PM
By "same thing when monster hunter 3 and ffcceot came out", he means the same thing happened to them before PSZ came out.

Cire39
Aug 31, 2010, 05:40 PM
But MH3 is still really popular and FFCCEOT died because the Wifi was unplayable...
Well, whatever. If any game kills PSZ its going to be PS:P2.
I'd sell a kidney for a PSP and that game.

Broken_L_button
Aug 31, 2010, 11:59 PM
I'd sell a kidney for a PSP and that game.

My thoughts exactly XD

Exor-2
Sep 2, 2010, 12:54 PM
Well I'm to blame on vanishing from Wi-Fi because of DQIX, but I'm backl now :3

Uh, DQIX, Disgaea DS, Mega Man Zero Collection, Pokémon Explorers of Sky, Fallout 3, Team Fortress 2, Killing Floor... ^w^;;

ANYWAY I'm back at wi-fi activity, if anyone wants to know.

Akaimizu
Sep 2, 2010, 01:06 PM
I love me some PSZ. But it's a free-to-play service. I'm free to leave and come back when I want. Dragon Quest IX is great and all, but I wouldn't say it is a reason for people not playing PSZ as much. DQIX is a bit of a compulsion kind of game, though. The reason why is because it makes you play play and play, just to rush to grab money to buy stuff from the Online Shop in time to get everything and get the Next Day's DQVC and buy stuff for that.

The infrastructure download thing, and the crazy daily support it gets, is the main aspect that can get some people coming back like everyday. I kind of slipped out of that aspect, with the idea that I might miss some things, and do it mainly once a week or so. That daily stuff was killing my time on other games, especially since my time to game got really short, recently. This is easily the busiest time of my year.

kirtblue
Sep 3, 2010, 04:05 PM
By "same thing when monster hunter 3 and ffcceot came out", he means the same thing happened to them before PSZ came out.

thanx and exactly!!!!! i guess i should have been more specific

Kirukia
Sep 3, 2010, 04:48 PM
*looks up from playing DQ9*
Errrr.....right. o-o

ZeroXRaven
Sep 5, 2010, 11:40 AM
*looks up from playing DQ9*
Errrr.....right. o-o

hahaha

mMarikom
Sep 18, 2010, 10:20 AM
Now I feel bad for completely ditching this game and these forums...I didn't even have the will to get Masha to level 100 (She's still at 94). I mean I enjoyed my Melee FOney build but once I got a level 5 AO with Magical Sign it felt like overkill. It's a great game but with diminishing free-players and most of my friends having hours that don't work for me it was bound to happen. Here's to re-meeting in PSO2

Mistral!
Sep 19, 2010, 03:21 AM
we need to get PSYCHED UP for psp2 and we must EGG ON others to buy it!!!
*casts zoom and disappears*

RoxasNeval
Sep 19, 2010, 12:32 PM
and now psp2 will kill DQ9,LOL

Broken_L_button
Sep 19, 2010, 02:52 PM
and now psp2 will kill DQ9,LOL

....Huh? DQ9 was still alive? I find it hard to beleive this, sir.

Chaos Rappy
Sep 19, 2010, 09:06 PM
Yus, hard to believe as well. I will admit to having gotten DQ9 because I was recommended it, and I will choke whoever it was, as I have not touched it in two weeks after only about two hours of gameplay. I just couldn't find it ensnaring enough like PSZ was. <_<

tacticalbread
Sep 20, 2010, 03:01 AM
PSZero, and DQIX are completely different games, so one would never replace the other for me. ;D

RoxasNeval
Sep 20, 2010, 05:14 PM
psp2 dropped a tactical nuke on DQ9 :O

wtf-boooooooooooooom!

Mistral!
Sep 25, 2010, 04:47 PM
besides, dq9 is full on rpg, psz and psp2 are rts', so there's a difference in speed factor, PLUS! not everyone is into the old, generic rpg's, right? i enjoyed dq9, though. too bad there isn't any wi-fi play D:

CLARK
Sep 25, 2010, 05:25 PM
DS is dead and PSP killed it :P

Broken_L_button
Sep 26, 2010, 11:28 PM
DS is dead and PSP killed it :P

Though...If memory serves, For a while, the DS used to crush the PSP in sales >.>

Windancer
Sep 27, 2010, 12:52 AM
I kinda think PSP2 is the game killing PSZ. I'm torn to get my psp fixed and get psp2 cause I know psp2 will be good. I also think in a way psp2 will be better than PSO2 I think they are going to World of Warcraft out the next installment of PSO only reason I think that is because they are bringing it to PC before console, if we see it on console I will be surprised because sega will charge a monthly fee for PSO2 mark them words. Sorry to get off Topic here I really think its PSP2 not Dragon Quest IX that is putting PSZ to a dirt nap. Also at Blue Rogues most people generally liked Dragon Quest IX However feedback I was getting was that the Game was slow. I have Dragon quest IX myself but I just haven't jumped in yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tGfZk7CqVs