PDA

View Full Version : PSU My first chr. (need input)

Zarfax
Aug 14, 2010, 03:23 AM
Stage 2 below:

Hey Guys

So this is my first time posting about PSU, so please feel free to correct me, if I am totally off.

I started playing around 3 weeks go and have been trying to learn as much as possible, but there is still so much I don't understand.

I have made myself a human acrofighter, using: Halp Serafi's, Guld and Frauduke's. Slicers seem kind of weak to me?
I also have some Twin DB's in the bag just for fun and have been thinking about picking up a claw at some point?

What I can't really get is what to do armor wise?
I have been thinking about either Armas or Yiel Line? But what upgrades do I get?

So these are some of my questions atm, I hope you guys can help me out. I would be greatly appreciated

//Zarfax

Stage 2

So I have passed lvl 100 and my weapons/armor seem decent. But I have some questions about units and trading them:

Right now my units are:

Head - Hizeri / Concentrate. Seems good for boosting my Shag Hodogg's dmg. Since I am only on 264mst, would I be better off me with Hizeri / Mind? Others?

Arm - Still rocking Cati / Power. Sad but since red and kaos knight are nowhere to be found I am guessing these are mad expensive:) How much money do I have to save for these?

Body - Legsless / Rainbow for the most part. I also have most of the resist to switch it up. Again Vijeri / Rainbow seems better, so I guess I have to save for that?

Extra - I am still on the wings cuz I am running alot by myself. Hizeri vs Red stamina? I am once again taking a wild guess: Red probably has some hiddin bonus with Red Line or something and the is why it costs more? (what are the bonuses?) Sta/end - do I need this?

So where do I begin and it what order do I get these?

Sorry for my bad english. I am from Denmark, so its not my native language:)

Any help is greatly appeciated - thx

//Zarfax

Noc Codez
Aug 14, 2010, 04:23 AM
Armor:Armas line
head:Hizeri / Mind
Arm:Lumirus / Kaos Knight
or
Red / Knight
Body: up to you.. a resist perhaps ?
Extra: Dark Wing,Lumira / HP Restore,Orpa / HP Restore of w/e you want to put in extra

Hope this helps :D

Jim Stelnium
Aug 14, 2010, 05:50 AM
Some things to consider:

- Acrofighters are designed to use slicers. Though not as powerful as say, a Dagger PA, it's more for dealing with crowds of enemies from a distance, not for fighting a single enemy with lots of HP and hitboxes (Where the dagger would excel.)

- Guld...Not to hate but Handguns are one of the worst weapon choices in my opinion. As an acrofighter you have access to RCSMs, which are basically autofiring handguns...so why not use them? S ranks may have some cool effects but the A rank RCSMs always fire 3 bullets, damage that can add up quickly if you invest in a good % one.

- I'd suggest picking up a few new weapons. Halp Serafis are nice but only come in the fire element. If you plan to be effective you should aim for some good % Daggers as they are your most agile weapon choice. I suggest checking player shops for good deals on low grade, high % daggers. You would be amazed at the power these weapons hold.

My Acrofighter has a setup looking something like this:

Single Dagger w/ RCSM sidearm for bigger enemies that have at least 2 hitboxes. Use Buten-shuren zan until you have enough PA frags for Hikai, at which point grab that.

Slicer w/ RCSM for large crowds of small enemies (Pannons, Navals, Deljabans, you name it). I only use the Chikki PA, but to be honest i've never actually TRIED the other PA, so don't be afraid to check it out.

Twin Claws with the Renzan PA for single hitbox enemies (Like Dilnazen, Jusnagun, Gaozoran)

Knuckles with a number of PAs, though I like Bogga Zubba because on an acrofighter it's very quick and can stagger enemies. Bogga Robado is also nice, offering some versatility to the knuckles but at the cost of 75 PA frags.

Twin Handguns mainly for bosses that fly in the air, RCSMs work pretty well on normal flying enemies. (Ice for Onmagoug, Lightning for Dimmogulus, Light for Dark Fish, Fire for De Rol Le) I don't have a ground or Dark twin handgun bullet and to be honest I haven't really needed them all that much.

My sixth weapon slot is usually filled with a copy of one of the above setups. I don't really use Cards though I have played with Twin Sabers. Personally I find it a tossup between Twin Claws and Twin Sabers. They do ultimately the same work so it's purely a matter of preference.

As for armor I would suggest for starters a solid A rank armor with good %'s. Why? Because you won't last long if you die in a few hits. Get an S rank armor once you can afford to use high end power units for your arm slot, but make sure it's a legitimate % and has appropriate slots. As an acrofighter you want more TP for your head slot, as this increases the damage dealt with RCSMs. I can't say for sure which is the best/economical, though using a sori / tech charge increases damage quite a bit for a slot that is otherwise unused on the class. Your body unit will vary with the missions you choose. They are pretty cheap except for Vijeri / Resist (Protects against insta-death). I'd suggest getting all the status resist units and keeping them in your common box. Additionally, get a rainbow unit to jack up your armor's elemental %. They really help in the defense department and the A rank versions are DIRT cheap. Finally, extra slots are mostly important for CAST type characters. S rank armors with Extra slots are either extremely expensive or have low %'s, resulting in low defense. You don't really NEED an extra slot as a human, though they do help.

Here's an example of what i meant by that:

Orpa-senba, a common S rank armor with Head, Arm, and Body slots. The boards are dirt cheap (Less than 50k last time i checked) and as a result there are plentiful high % armors at reasonable prices most of the time.

Serafi-senba, a rare S rank armor with Head, Arm, Body, and Extra slot. The board usually float around the 2-3million range, making the high % versions worth quite a bit.

To a CAST, serafi is a forced choice. They MUST go for that extra slot because without it they are missing out on a huge benefit of their race. Beasts, Newmans, and Humans....not so much. It might actually be better to get a higher % orpa rather than a lower % serafi simply because the defense you gain when using the high % outweighs the benefits of an extra slot (which is usually a few END points, Auto-Regen, or something like that)

Of course going for an Armas or Red Line would be worth it simply because they offer an ATP boost...but that's way down the line.

Wall of text aside, I hope some of this info was useful. :D

Aeris the techer
Aug 14, 2010, 09:01 AM
Join my side, and become a masterforce.

Zarfax
Aug 17, 2010, 02:46 PM
Hey Jim

Thanks for the toturial, it really helped me out a ton. I tested the slicers and can see the benefit, but they simply do not fit my style.

So I got myself some % Blumier's + Graldike's (are there better one's?) and can really feel the difference:)

So now I am at lvl 95, got my Armas line and some decent Units. Still looking for Kaos/Red Knight. Nobody is selling these ... how come?

//Zarfax

Fox2Tails
Aug 17, 2010, 03:23 PM
I started playing around 3 weeks go and have been trying to learn as much as possible, but there is still so much I don't understand.

I have made myself a human acrofighter, using: Halp Serafi's, Guld and Frauduke's.

Wut o.o

Zarfax
Aug 17, 2010, 03:35 PM
Wut o.o

?????

Fox2Tails
Aug 17, 2010, 03:39 PM
?????

How'd you get a Guld after 3 weeks of play?

Zarfax
Aug 17, 2010, 03:54 PM
I bought one from a playershop

Fox2Tails
Aug 17, 2010, 04:10 PM
I bought one from a playershop

What level are you?

Edit: Oh, same level as my char. Care to clue me in into how you managed to make that much mestea because I'm having nowhere near as much luck as you...

Zarfax
Aug 17, 2010, 04:36 PM
What level are you?

Edit: Oh, same level as my char. Care to clue me in into how you managed to make that much mestea because I'm having nowhere near as much luck as you...

Just played alot and opened a shop early:-) Plus I only payed 4,5mil for my Guld.

I grinded innocent Girl for around 30lvl's > saved the items (badge's) > traded and sold the items i got from that.

pikachief
Aug 17, 2010, 05:21 PM
My slicers do like 3000-4000 on multiple enemies at once :D Or at least thats how I remember it :P lol. Also daggers are underestimated! They're very very good weapons(single daggers). Use the 1st PA for it and just lvl it up and either slicer PA is good. :)

and yes don't use handguns use Range mags the new Moatoob A rank is best. (Shag Hodogg)

Zarfax
Aug 21, 2010, 06:37 AM
I got the Shag's:) Awsome ... great tip. Thx

Please check the first page for more annoying questions:)

sikotic_demon
Aug 21, 2010, 09:34 AM
LKK's are expensive due to nobody hunting them anymore....

Zarfax
Aug 21, 2010, 01:58 PM
LKK's are expensive due to nobody hunting them anymore....

Yee I got that much. What about Red Knight?

BlackAlphaG
Aug 21, 2010, 03:37 PM
Yee I got that much. What about Red Knight?

120mill for a Red Knight? I'm not exactly sure.