PDA

View Full Version : Someone talk some sense into me

Ketchup345
Aug 15, 2010, 10:20 PM
Apparently I need some help. I just spent more than "a joke" amount of time looking up used RX-7s on Craigslist. Someone please talk some sense into me.

Volcompat321
Aug 15, 2010, 10:28 PM
But Rx-7's are beautiful cars, if kept up right.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 15, 2010, 10:34 PM
Look for a Jeep.

Ketchup345
Aug 15, 2010, 10:42 PM
But Rx-7's are beautiful cars, if kept up right.That, and for some strange sick twisted reason I have a need to own a rotary powered car and RX-8s are still too expensive.

Look for a Jeep.Dad has a Cherokee. I hate driving it. Too tall and heavy means I can't do fun corners like I can in my car. Also, the Jeep got me into the only situation where I've ever needed 4wd (and that was on a road).

beatrixkiddo
Aug 15, 2010, 10:44 PM
YOU'RE A FUCKING MORON

(:wacko:)

Ketchup345
Aug 15, 2010, 10:46 PM
I think I just need to have all the bad points of rotaries repeated a few times in the thread.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 15, 2010, 10:49 PM
Get a Dodge Challenger 2010 SRT10.

Ketchup345
Aug 15, 2010, 10:55 PM
With no visibility, too heavy, bad economy, and no ability to turn?

Remember guys, I'm going to be paying off (private) college loans soon, and do have a working car (though with a piston engine).

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 15, 2010, 10:57 PM
You'll spend more time fixing that iconic rotary engine than driving it.

It's a vicious circle.

Like winding up that box for the clown to come out.

Ford runs Mazda in America, "Found on Road Dead"

You can't just buy a Mazdaspeed version, but they teased you with Protege(why?) and now Mazda 3 - which still needs further refinement if the articles are to believed (torque steers, not "zoom zoom").

Britney Spears was in a video getting out of the RX-8

Ketchup345
Aug 15, 2010, 11:06 PM
Ford now owns <20% of Mazda.

I do want to at least see if the Mazdaspeed Protege/Familia's handling bits can just slip into my Protege.
Torque steer? Adds fun, you should be able to feel what the car is doing and trying to do.

Considering the RX-8 was a 2004 model year (meaning sold in 2003), it may have been before Britney wasn't on her roller coaster.

Apex seals, burns oil, poor economy, repairs, apex seals, burns oil, poor economy, repairs.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 15, 2010, 11:07 PM
99% of transactions on Craigslist end up in someone getting mugged. How's that for motivation!

Volcompat321
Aug 15, 2010, 11:11 PM
I think I just need to have all the bad points of rotaries repeated a few times in the thread.

If this is going to come up, I will bring out many, many, many bad points of a piston engine.
Starting with American cars. :wacko:

Rotary engines are amazing, and last a very long time if taken care of well.
Even better than a piston.

99% of transactions on Craigslist end up in someone getting mugged. How's that for motivation!

That's ridiculous! :wacko:

Ketchup345
Aug 15, 2010, 11:13 PM
If this is going to come up, I will bring out many, many, many bad points of a piston engine.
Starting with American cars. :wacko:

Rotary engines are amazing, and last a very long time if taken care of well.
Even better than a piston.You're not helping. :disapprove: But then neither is this year's Rolex Grand Am standings, or the 1991 Le Mans, or the uniqueness...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 15, 2010, 11:13 PM
Motor Trend writers could be weenies, sure.

Volks GTI is a good car, with Euro styling - half a decade before you'll see more of that outta Hyundai copies, Ford trying, Nissan cubing, Honda putting Pontiac minivan beaks on the CR-Z. Fun to drive manual and yet good gas mileage.

";o" or ";o;"

Yeah it was her getting out of the car, not into and driving around. Burn the seats later?

You already have the Protege' and its lasting you like the heralded Honda/Toyota - but really any brand could with care? How old is that one, and still kickin'?

Older bro went with the Sporty, limited slip optional on those(didn't think he got that tho), Sentra but it had problems and now he went home and bought a family man car. 09 Accord sedan.

-

NSX holds value, like no other, Sport Compact Car magazine picked one up with the headliner: "Supercar now affordable!" $20k then they went and only got white Japan NSX-R parts that say Honda, and went for some reason to one of them car shows and it go no play, no speakers, NOS tanks, leds. so not one person came up to editor guy to talk about the NSX.

Ketchup345
Aug 15, 2010, 11:20 PM
The Protege is an 01, but this desire is for a 2nd car for myself, one entirely for fun and to say "I have a rotary engine".

You're suggesting a VW to me? :lol: I don't feel like sticking a piece of electrical tape over any car's check engine light. Sorry, had a VW at one point, handed it off to my brother asap, then he swapped it for an Outback asap. Also I hate VW/Audi styling.

The issue is not to talk me into a different car; it is that I have no use (or space) for a 2nd car for myself, and that a rotary is horribly impractical for daily use around here.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 15, 2010, 11:26 PM
Its one of those small ones. Still sporty.

They've moved up from Jetta 90's yuppie breaking down monsters.

-

Buy the Miata MX-5 and monster a Rotary into that. Then go to car shows? You'll have to find out how to do it of course, maybe thru that networking or finding some shop willing.

Don't nobody hate the R-8. :x Everybody can and will continue to hate on Volvo.

-

Also I don't make enough sense but if you want to go the other way, we can grab ShinMaruku and his evil Toyota warding off, yet posting those old Supra concepts. He didn't post the Lexus stupid price car though(I think), I did, because its the DHY(LEC)LEXUS.

Ketchup345
Aug 15, 2010, 11:29 PM
Its one of those small ones. Still sporty.

They've moved up from Jetta 90's yuppie breaking down monsters.

-

Buy the Miata MX-5 and monster a Rotary into that. Then go to car shows? You'll have to find out how to do it of course, maybe thru that networking or finding some shop willing.

Don't nobody hate the R-8. :x Everybody can and will continue to hate on Volvo.I still don't trust VW. And still hate the looks.

That was another alternative- get a used cheap Miata (yes, I know there is no such thing as a cheap Miata) and shove a RX-7 or RX-8's engine into that. I think the Miata is much smaller, so maybe it can fit into half of the garage. Or a friend's place.

Volcompat321
Aug 15, 2010, 11:29 PM
I say buy an RX-7.
Buy a '94-'98 if possible.

Ketchup345
Aug 15, 2010, 11:32 PM
I say buy an RX-7.
Buy a '94-'98 if possible.Money, space, college loans. Those, and I'm trying to save up for a new car (then a day sailor, followed by an Exige), top choices for that are (all wagons/hatches): Fit, Impreza, Mazda 3, 2012+ Focus, Fiesta, Mazda 2, Mini (Clubman?).

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 15, 2010, 11:32 PM
I say buy an RX-7.
Buy a '94-'98 if possible.
If they haven't all exploded. That kinda look doesn't scream daily or weekend driver, but track/autocross car. And coveted by shops who have money to build and rebuild it up.

But you see them here and there.

-

Clubman Mini have seen with the ol red lip around and all black rim tires. Looks interesting that way. Less British, Italian Job.

W0LB0T
Aug 16, 2010, 02:29 AM
Don't be a wanker in a Wankel

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 16, 2010, 07:21 AM
BA Baracas says:

My car is hella faster than DHYCAR, fool!
Then you'll make Ketchup go to the dark side, he did say Exige, which is like Elise, some equally froofy name, as well powered by Toyota voodoo of those VV-T-I engines.