PDA

View Full Version : Buggy slicer PA's? Or just a weird slicer bug in general?

dias_flac_0g
Aug 18, 2010, 06:49 PM
I already made a topic about my 360 locking up whenever I play games with people and especially when I use the slicer PA. However I decided to make a totaly new topic because I think I got to the bottom of this and for those who are having this problem as well.

So I already tried everything. I played other games for long periods of time and the xbox is perfectly fine so I know it's not the xbox.

I already checked my NAT type as well and it was on stricked but I already fixed that and now it's an OPEN NAT type so no problems there.

So today I was doing more test on this little "bug" I was in a full party of 6 and I did not use my slicer at all. I did 4 full runs with no slicer and everything was smoothly no locking up (screen freeze)

So I was like ok its time to do the runs now but using my slicers to see if the game frooze again, and guess what? as soon as I used the slicer PA it frooze!! So I came back and told my teamates that it frooze on me and that I think it does it when I use the slicer pa.

We started running again and after like 3 mobs (using the slicer on them) it frooze again!

So right now I did it one last time and YUP it keeps freezing when I use my slicer!!!!!

I can do full runs with a full party with any other wep just not slicers.

I also notice that it only does it when there's 5-6 people in the party. If there's only 4 it works perfectly fine. But as soon as a 5th comes in it freezes.

Anyways, this is not some made up **** or anything like that. If anyone else is having a similar issue post your comments here please maybe then we start a convo about how to fix this.

Again sorry for the recent topic about this, I just think this deserved a whole new topic :) I want people to see this.

Anduril
Aug 18, 2010, 06:55 PM
That is certainly odd. I use slicers all the time, and this has never happened to me even in full parties. Maybe you have some corrupted data. Try deleting and reinstalling AotI and maybe clear your cache, and then try again.

dias_flac_0g
Aug 18, 2010, 07:08 PM
Ahh ok that's something I have not tried. Thank you for the tip. To be honest this locking/freezing issue did start after I redownload it the AOI expansion with the sup update. Ima go ahead and do that now and test again.

For the record all these "tests" are being done at WB. Ima try to get a full party as well and spam the slicer pa and see how it goes after I redownload AOI.

Hwang
Aug 18, 2010, 07:46 PM
I can't see it being the case of it being a problem with the download, if you don't have problems with 4 people in the party.

I would say it's more something to do with your connection all together, as this happens to us a lot, the xbox freezes and you have to turn it off and back on again, sometimes it doesn't happen at all, sometimes it will happen when I'm running solo, or in a party.

dias_flac_0g
Aug 18, 2010, 09:08 PM
I can't see it being the case of it being a problem with the download, if you don't have problems with 4 people in the party.

I would say it's more something to do with your connection all together, as this happens to us a lot, the xbox freezes and you have to turn it off and back on again, sometimes it doesn't happen at all, sometimes it will happen when I'm running solo, or in a party.

I dont see why people keep bringing the "connection" issue. I explained it perfectly already.

I played SSf4 for about 4 hours staright yesterday with no connection errors especially now with my NAT type open. Played RE5 for about an hour or so perfectly no freezing no nothing.

Why is it that only PSU freezes and only when I use my slicer pa? To be more specific it's actually the Chikki PA that makes my system freeze/lock up.

Again ONLY when I use Chikki does my system lock up like this. Please stop blaming the connection, and please stop blaming the user everytime.

It seems like people are always quick to blame the user and not the game at all.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything but I mean c'mon now lol.

I guess that Chikki magically makes my connection act up going by your standards...

Anyways, a lil more info on the problem at hand.

I can also afk for hours and hours without disconnecting at all. It's weird I can pretty much play the game perfectly normal but as soon as I use Chikki it messes up.

My guess is that something with the Chikki PA and the 360 itself aren't getting along too well which causes the lock up. I just dont know what it is.

Hwang
Aug 18, 2010, 09:24 PM
I'm telling you I have the same problem, and I'm betting MANY people have the same problem, it doesn't have to mean it's 1 thing, you're blaming the game for the problem when there could be plenty of other things that could be wrong.

I'm not saying it's not the game, because when the dc happens, the xbox freezes, that never happens on any other game I play be it with a strict or open NAT type.

Hwang
Aug 18, 2010, 09:29 PM
Actually, lets just go with it being a Sega problem, because you seem to have that in your mind, so maybe try sending a ticket into Sega and see if they have had any other reports.

Jim Stelnium
Aug 18, 2010, 10:49 PM
It might have something to do with your disc. I remember when I used my first PSU disc I would freeze up in certain maps, while everything else was fine. With my new disc there are no issues, so that might be something to consider.

XbikXBd
Aug 18, 2010, 11:26 PM
Its your disk o your content lol and maybe your connection but from what u say it is the disk o AOTI

Esther Reagan
Aug 19, 2010, 02:01 AM
Its your disk o your content lol and maybe your connection but from what u say it is the disk o AOTI

He's right. it is your disc. I had a problem with going to different planets (especially moatoob) online. Everytime I would highlight Moatoob on the planet selection screen, my game would freeze. I went and got a new disc and everything runs perfectly fine now.

If you can spare the memory on your x-box, I suggest buying the game on the dashboard instead of getting a new disc to save you from any of these kinds of glitches for future references. Besides, PSU is a hard game to find in stores in the US now. I don't know where you live but if it's the case there as well, you'd be better off just buying the dashboard PSU anyways.

Rusty.
Aug 19, 2010, 05:44 AM
I get the lock ups with the slicer as well.
I upgraded my pa started playing acrofighter.I start locking up I stop playing the class i stop locking up.

So i gave up with the class and whent back lvling my Newman. that was over a week ago and not 1 lock up yet.
I doubt its my disc because there is no slicer data on it. they came out with AOTI

Also sega are not good at optimizing or testing there code.

mvffin
Aug 19, 2010, 12:51 PM
I've been having this problem for the longest time. It seems to happen to me if I use Chikki and then switch weapons too quickly.

It first started happening to me way back in Parum GBR, with Lightning Beasts and Scarred Planet. It never happened as FI or FF, only as AF. I think the extra attack speed confused the game when I had Chikki on screen and a different weapon out.

Shadydemented1
Aug 19, 2010, 04:38 PM
im my experience it only freezes when u throw the blade and change weapons before its finished with its path then it locks up it should be changed to work like the grenade launcher where the blade dissappears if u change weapons not locks ur system up