PDA

View Full Version : debuffs thoughts

PSUHero
Aug 18, 2010, 11:02 PM
so guys way is your take on debuffs i got my buffs all past 41 and was thinking of doing debuff is it worth the time and effort or should i just pass all together

KunoTatewaki
Aug 18, 2010, 11:14 PM
I never really played force but I think debuffs are worth it, that is my thoughts.

xJACKTHERIPPERx
Aug 18, 2010, 11:34 PM
u leveled mine up on my AT. my friend who plays a fighmaster says he notices the difference. i leveled them on scarred planet C. keep restarting till you get the spawn of 6 go bajilas i think it is, and just go in there with a pallet of your highest PP weapons, and mash away, recharge and repeat.(helps if you have like picture in picture, i dont but some ppl do. or watch a movie or something while you do it) i didnt do them all at once either, just a bit at a time

Shou
Aug 18, 2010, 11:51 PM
Just lvl them just to lvl them. They all have no real use. There is always something better you could be doing 99.9999% of the time.

Mewt
Aug 18, 2010, 11:52 PM
As an AT, I don't bother with debuffs. I've ran with people who have maxed debuffs and I've noticed the damage dropoff from their attacks and the additional damage from ours really wasn't all that much. It's handy for tagging enemies for experience but when they die in ten seconds anyway, you're better off spamming Ra- techs or using the whip to tag everyone.

SolomonGrundy
Aug 19, 2010, 12:27 AM
let them work on bosses

NiceOnes
Aug 19, 2010, 11:37 AM
It is my understanding that debuffs have more of an impact than buffs when it comes to damage increases etc..

I have no evidence and I'm not willing to put in any time researching this folley.

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 19, 2010, 12:31 PM
It is my understanding that debuffs have more of an impact than buffs when it comes to damage increases etc..

I have no evidence and I'm not willing to put in any time researching this folley.

This is 100% wrong.

Casting debuffs actually reduces damage from the simple fact that you need to reapply the debuff every time a new group of enemy spawns. The time spent casting could be used to attack and results in lost damage. Likewise a buff only needs to be appliedonce every ~5 minutes and will increase the damage for that entire duration.

The only use of a debuff is to tag an enemy and gain experience without having to actually do anything. There are cases during events where an enemy has buffed stats and a debuff might be used but these rarely happen. Overall debuffs are 99.99999% worthless. If you disagree then feel free to use actual facts to upport your claim (I could use a good laugh).

mvffin
Aug 19, 2010, 12:54 PM
Debuffs are semi useful now that everyone is super high leveled and overpowered.

Fastest way to tag things before they instantly die.

Solo, small party or weak party, there's no reason to use them really.

TheAstarion
Aug 19, 2010, 01:12 PM
Going completely against the trend in all ways, I used the lv1 Masterforce debuffs (Jellen) on some Svaltus in Roar of Flames when it was out. Together with a buff pill, it went from being a 1 hit kill to 2 hits for the megistaride alone, to being able to tank ~3 hits before going down.

Jellen is nice for saving the scape dolls if you're underpowered in an area. Not every character is in that neat little window between the last level cap and the current one.

Zalure has a higher percentage decrease on enemy DFP than Shifta has on your ATP, but ATP matters more since it's almost always given a multiplier (element, exact attack, PA, or all three) while DFP (and indeed most enemy attacks using the same formulae the other way round) have no such considerations. Also DFP sucks. 4 DFP to take 1 point less damage? Taking 400 points of DFP away from an enemy means 100 more damage per attack. Noticeable only on shotguns really, and even then the shotgun user gets more mileage out of GAS element boosts, whenever they come in.

NiceOnes
Aug 19, 2010, 03:22 PM
This is 100% wrong.

Casting debuffs actually reduces damage from the simple fact that you need to reapply the debuff every time a new group of enemy spawns. The time spent casting could be used to attack and results in lost damage. Likewise a buff only needs to be appliedonce every ~5 minutes and will increase the damage for that entire duration.

The only use of a debuff is to tag an enemy and gain experience without having to actually do anything. There are cases during events where an enemy has buffed stats and a debuff might be used but these rarely happen. Overall debuffs are 99.99999% worthless. If you disagree then feel free to use actual facts to upport your claim (I could use a good laugh).

You're getting too specific my friend. Of course the overall DPS would be higher is said acrotecher just flung a whip around instead of casting debuffs.

What I was saying was that a defense down debuff would result in a high damage per hit than an attack buff would produce.

Debuffs are usefull against large enemies only that manage to stay alive for more than a couple seconds.

Otheriwse they're just useful for tagging.

Jim Stelnium
Aug 19, 2010, 05:37 PM
As a 15x fighmaster with limited ATA, I find Zoldeel to be pretty useful when using Jabroga on certain high EVP enemies (A debuffed group of Deljabans can be one shotted with Jabroga 99% of the time, whereas without the debuff there's usually one or two still alive)

As for Jellen...it slightly reduces damage from enemies, though in my experience I haven't noticed anything significant, even with 41+ debuffs.

As for Zalure...it makes you deal greater damage on enemies. It makes it easier to one shot certain high HP enemies, but since it does not work on bosses (the only enemy type where this kind of skill would be valuable) it really lacks in the value department.

If you are an acrotecher, you should consider your allies' level when debating whether or not to debuff. If playing with a lower levelled fighter, it might not be a bad idea to drop Zoldeel once in a while. If you notice that a Jabroga is leaving enemies with only slivers of HP left maybe a Zalure would make it a one shot?

Interestingly enough, if you have an ideal party with maxed level and proper types most debuffs become useless. They would come in handy in difficulty based levels like World of Illussion or something like that.

But yeah, Debuffs are useless in most ideal situations, though they come in handy when there is someone weaker than they should be, or lower level than is appropriate.

SuperRygar
Aug 23, 2010, 04:50 PM
If a person casts a debuff instead of attacking then the DPS from that person is much less. If things are dying in a few seconds anyways, it's not that big a deal for one person to actually dish out less damage. With a full party it can be a struggle just to connect a hit before the monster is vaporized.

If the debuff is zalure it increases the damage that everyone else deals, in some cases(maybe) that increase combined is greater than the amount of damage they would have deal with their own physical attack. Especially when monsters are dropping like flies and your not even getting the full amount of hits from you attacks. OR if some azzhole is spamming Tornado Dance..

If the debuff is zoldeel and everybody is more accurate, then perhaps(again maybe) the damage combined from all the hits that actually connected instead of giving a 0 would be greater than the amount they alone could produce.

If you go into battle and just spam all buffs on all enemies, then you should be doing something else. However, if you know your enemy and cast the right buffs along with attacking then you could(maybe) increase overall DPS.

But I dunno :P its just a thought. This game is horribly unbalanced and there is no need for strategy anyways.

Also, another use for debuffs back in the day for ps2 users was to actually be able to tag stuff cause your lagging so bad that your attacks aren't connecting xD so I often used buffs