PDA

View Full Version : PSI: What Weapon For Odin?

Seth Astra
Aug 21, 2010, 10:19 PM
I'm wondering, what he should equip, Ceramic Sword or Needlegun? The sword does some nice damage (Alys has one, right now), but the Needlegun seems helpful in a lot of cases, and is often all that's needed to finish off enemies (Alys and... The cat who's name has slipped my mind... deal massive damage as is, and often I just need a few more HP of damage). Or is there a better option? Money's not really an object, I have over 4000 mesta, since I've been trapped grinding in the cave on the peninsula just south of the port city on... The first planet (god, I need to learn some names). I'm at the point where I'm looking for a gift for the governer on the desert planet.

P.S. Bonus questions: 1. Is escaper any good? Every time I use it (IN A DUNGEON!) it just says it has no effect. 2. Where do I go to GET the gift for the governer. 3. The cave on the peninsula, what is there to get? I fought the skeletons and got the cat's weapon, but is that all that I do here?

Drac_Mazoku
Aug 22, 2010, 07:40 PM
Because of how the damage calculation works in Phantasy Star, it's almost always better to have a gun when you can, and laser gun later one will even stay your best weapon till the end (even better than Laconian Axe). A gun ignore ennemy defense, and hit every ennemy in a fight. With laser Gun, it's 100% certain 20 damage on everyone (needle gun is 5 I think, and later heat gun will be 10), while with an axe, your damage can a lot of times hit way below that near the endgame. Hopefully, they corrected that in the remake on Playstation 2, making Odin best weapon the Laconian Axe for real.

As for your bonus

1.Your best solution to escape a dungeon anyway will be Myau or Noah Exit spell
2.In the cake shop deep down a dungeon north of Baya Malay, you'll have to follow a road near the barricade and mountain.
3.See above.

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 26, 2010, 06:23 PM
Actually I think for #3 he's talking about the cave of Scion. Yes, that's all that's there.

Seth Astra
Aug 26, 2010, 06:26 PM
I'll go with the cave of Scion. I don't know the names of most places in the game. Anyway, I think I'll use the sword for now, as it does more damage overall, right now, and I like the 1 concentrated hit better than the separate weak hits. And thanks for the advice for where to go next. Although I'd still like to know if escapers have any use whatsoever, because it gets really annoying, my only way to get out easily not working.

Drac_Mazoku
Aug 27, 2010, 07:57 AM
Yeah, sorry, I misread. For 3, yes, the only thing to get is a new weapon for Myau. Weirdly enough, this cave is really out of place, as the dungeon pattern is harder than what you will find for a while (up until Dezolis IMHO). It's so the case that in the remake on the Playstation 2, the cave is locked until way later on.

About escaper...it may sound really REALLY stupid (since I finished the game so many times), but I never tried them ever. At the beginning, I'm always going out by myself to get XP, and after that, I was always using the Exit spell. But some name in the game are confusing. Maybe it's more something you use to escape from battle, not from a cave

Seth Astra
Aug 27, 2010, 11:59 AM
Well, I'm glad to hear that that's far harder than what I'll find for a while. Oh well, Myau got a lot better now that he has a weapon.

Perhaps. I usually try and get out on foot, except when my team is hurting (most have low HP and at least 1 is dead. I can't revive outside of churches yet).