PDA

View Full Version : Tenora armor sucks - there I said it!

SolomonGrundy
Aug 24, 2010, 05:47 PM
Super high EVP, and low DFP? High Requirements...Who wants that? Also they have wonky slots most of the time. Like the rabol Neda: which has no extra slot so Cast Protranser or Fortegunners won't use it.

Anyone fine one that they think is decent? Why?

Tetsaru
Aug 24, 2010, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I have to agree with you on that, especially if you're playing a melee class.

It's been forever since I last played (PC/PS2 servers, you see), but for the most part, I just stuck with armors that had all 4 slots (Storm Line, Serafi-Senba... never got an Armas Line though, lol) so you could customize it with units however you wanted, or ones that had 3 and didn't have a head slot, since that seemed the least beneficial... unless you're playing a techer, lol. If I was on my Acrotecher, I usually stuck with high-evasion armors, like Feril Lines (my AT was a Newman, so with top-tier buffs, I could block most attacks, lol), or again, the 4-slot ones. Most of my armors had low %'s though, because I hated armor-synthing, and I rarely had a lot of money to buy really good armor.

stinkyfish97
Aug 24, 2010, 06:08 PM
it makes for great techer armor though:)

Max B
Aug 24, 2010, 06:15 PM
Well seeing as my favorite armor and the armor I plan on using for a long time is tenora I am going to have to disagree with you here.
My favorite Armor is Rabol Buti and I can equip it when I am lvl 29 so I do not see where you are coming from when you say high requirements.

str898mustang
Aug 24, 2010, 06:21 PM
stop playing as a cast....problem solved

Rabol Rolei is f'ing awesome in Military subway

milranduil
Aug 24, 2010, 07:43 PM
stop playing as a cast....problem solved

Rabol Rolei is f'ing awesome in Military subway

Ummmmmmmm I prefer Shijin kthx.

Crysteon
Aug 24, 2010, 08:03 PM
Ummmmmmmm I prefer Shijin kthx.

Lolyes, but not everyone has the time to do such scales hunt D:

DragonForce
Aug 24, 2010, 08:42 PM
Tenora armors officially sucked, period, when the Red Line was released.

Max B
Aug 24, 2010, 08:51 PM
Tenora armors officially sucked, period, when the Red Line was released.

Rabol Buti>Red Line

DEM_CIG
Aug 24, 2010, 09:04 PM
Yeil-Senba FTW.

Max B
Aug 24, 2010, 09:07 PM
Also, I forgot to say I can not wait till Kevlar Suit.

Zarode
Aug 24, 2010, 09:25 PM
Zalode Line > all, even though Sega messed up the translation. http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/6131/emotarghc.gif SEGAC http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/6131/emotarghc.gif

Karen Erra
Aug 25, 2010, 04:36 AM
Since fighters have already enough base DFP, i don't think they need an armor with high DFP stats. A Rabol Nico works totally fine for Fortefighter/Fighmaster....

desturel
Aug 25, 2010, 08:59 AM
Rabol Nico
Rabol Rolei
Rabol Orachio
Rabol Gerard
Rabol Yiel

Rabol Rappy

There are only three issues I have with Moatoob armor:
1. Their high DFP requirement which makes them worthless for the /R missions.
2. The lack of boards for any of the higher quality armors (they all drop premade which equals low percentage).
3. The fact that they are released late when compared to armors made by other manufacturers.

Remember how long we had to wait before Rabol Dunga was released? That should have been released back when cross bows came out. Also the absolute travesty that Rabol Cuesta was not released until after Serafi-senba was released, an armor with lower equip requirements and better stats. WTH Sega? If that armor was released back before AotI, it would have been fairly popular, but instead it got tossed out well after it's usefulness was over.

TheAstarion
Aug 25, 2010, 09:59 AM
Orachio. I'm a Wartecher, my alt is a Protranser, my lowbie flits between Fishgunner & Funtecher primarily, as well as Figh/Gunmaster.

a +3 End armour for those unfortunate enough to be unable to wear an armas line? Sign me up.

Off-topic a little, but howcome Acro classes can use the Storm Line but Protranser can't? Seems pretty stupid to me. "I used to be a ranger, but now I'm not" fits more accurately with the acro classes than PT, seeing as the best long-range things either of them can do are Chikki and Megid.

DragonForce
Aug 25, 2010, 10:04 AM
There's still an A-rank tenora armor that won't be released for a long time. It's funny how all the crap armors get released way later.

SolomonGrundy
Aug 25, 2010, 12:26 PM
Since fighters have already enough base DFP, i don't think they need an armor with high DFP stats. A Rabol Nico works totally fine for Fortefighter/Fighmaster....

I don't EVP in my fighter armor, unless I'm an Acro fighter (maybe even not then). I want "supah-high" DFP.

If they ever made an armor with 1000DFP, and 1 EVP I'd wear that

beatrixkiddo
Aug 25, 2010, 12:31 PM
The only Tenora shield I've ever found worth using is Rabol Dunga (and maybe Rabol Rappy).

Proto07
Aug 25, 2010, 12:49 PM
What about Yohmei, no arm or extra slots?? What the heck like it was it made for techers only.

Karen Erra
Aug 25, 2010, 03:15 PM
I don't EVP in my fighter armor, unless I'm an Acro fighter (maybe even not then). I want "supah-high" DFP.

If they ever made an armor with 1000DFP, and 1 EVP I'd wear that

Sigh... as if a fighter would need 1000 DFP lolz. What all fighter classes really suffer from is technic damage. And there is not DFP helping you...

SolomonGrundy
Aug 25, 2010, 03:24 PM
Sigh... as if a fighter would need 1000 DFP lolz. What all fighter classes really suffer from is technic damage. And there is not DFP helping you...

ignoring damage is the name game. If I could ignore physical damage and focus on tech damage, I would be 1 step ahead. but as it is now, enemies (especially large enemies), can hit you multiple times for 500-700. Those kinda hits you cannot ignore, as they disrupt your attacks.

Imagine ignoring the svaltus circular PA which knocks you back and zalure's you. HOT.

Max B
Aug 25, 2010, 03:33 PM
ignoring damage is the name game. If I could ignore physical damage and focus on tech damage, I would be 1 step ahead. but as it is now, enemies (especially large enemies), can hit you multiple times for 500-700. Those kinda hits you cannot ignore, as they disrupt your attacks.

Imagine ignoring the svaltus circular PA which knocks you back and zalure's you. HOT.
I do not know what kind of Armor you wear but I rarely get hit for such large numbers.

Karen Erra
Aug 25, 2010, 03:39 PM
Honestly ... In my eyes it's rather dangerous if a attack buffed fire contaminated vahra attacks you with Foie or a Gaozoran attacks with Foie, as if any large enemy attacks me physically, at least as fighter. A Gaozorans Foie can one hit you when playing a fighter; But I don't think a svaltus would kick my butt so quick with it's attacks :rolleyes:

SolomonGrundy
Aug 25, 2010, 03:54 PM
Honestly ... In my eyes it's rather dangerous if a attack buffed fire contaminated vahra attacks you with Foie or a Gaozoran attacks with Foie, as if any large enemy attacks me physically, at least as fighter. A Gaozorans Foie can one hit you when playing a fighter; But I don't think a svaltus would kick my butt so quick with it's attacks :rolleyes:

having high MST won't help. Fire amror will

I do not know what kind of Armor you wear but I rarely get hit for such large numbers.

I wear 50% A rank armor.

Karen Erra
Aug 25, 2010, 04:26 PM
sigh did i talk about MST?
I said high DFP won't help you lol...