PDA

View Full Version : Bows/Cards help

xJACKTHERIPPERx
Aug 24, 2010, 10:23 PM
how many people use bows or cards on their techers? and how well do they work? im thinkin of expanding the pallet on my AT or FT instead of just tech weapons, seems like im kinda limiting myself by only having 2 or 3 types of weapons. can anyone help point me in the right direction as far as what works and what doesnt, or what some good PA's are to have for them? thanks

stinkyfish97
Aug 24, 2010, 11:14 PM
Cards lock on so they are good against bird creatures like shagreec and I do recommend them but not so much on AT. FT I would stick to nosmegid or noszonde because both those spells have near infinite range and will hit a lot harder than any bow shot you take up. On AT again cards are ok but they are sorta like the Fortecher with the bows. You have other things that hit harder. Really the only time a FT should consider a bow is against the Dimmagulous or the Omnagouge as to help take out the wings but even then I would reccomend Noszonde.

I am not saying dont give them a shot but compared to AF with a 9* GRM Card you will be doing baby damage in comparison. Just as a FT with a bow does nearly 700-1000 damage less with his bow than my Human Male PT.

bLOODSAW
Aug 24, 2010, 11:30 PM
Cards are good on GT and AF and that's about it (Maybe not COMPLETELY terrible on AT but FT they're pretty much useless). AT can make decent use of sabers, daggers, and whips. With GAS you can even up their pa levels. As for FT, I really don't see it as anything more than a stepping stone for MF at this point, so not sure what to say there lol.

Edit: Anyone else find it funny that the only classes that get S rank cards are the ones that don't put them to that good of use?

xJACKTHERIPPERx
Aug 24, 2010, 11:50 PM
Ya, good points. Might as well just stick with the techs. Besides, I didn't really think a Newman would have the ATP to make it worthwhile. Thanks for the help.

unicorn
Aug 25, 2010, 01:20 AM
Cards are Acrotechers best gun. They have better DPS than Twin Handguns (although Twins are for FPS). Machine guns are interesting, but aren't pretty and lose PP quickly. I definetely recommend having a Card on your palette.

Fortetecher is the worst Card user. Every type uses it better than FT, but its an option. I normally go without Cards on FT, but if I run into flying enemies, cards are the best choice.

I would actually use Bows over Nosmegid/Noszonde for aerial bosses. Bows have consistent damage and don't have lock-on issues that Nos-techs suffer from. Plus, they are the best way to take down Falz-fish and DeRoLe as FT. Not to mention Bows have been buffed quite a bit so they are pretty decent now.

Kinda sucks that the worst users of Cards get them as S-rank.

Jim Stelnium
Aug 25, 2010, 05:47 AM
I've been wondering whether to use Twins or Cards on my AT. The DPS on both are really low, but it's more for airborne enemies than anything else. Can cards hit onmagoug/dimma while it's in the air?

DEM_CIG
Aug 25, 2010, 07:06 AM
Cards are Acrotechers best gun. They have better DPS than Twin Handguns (although Twins are for FPS). Machine guns are interesting, but aren't pretty and lose PP quickly. I definetely recommend having a Card on your palette.

I completely agree with that statement. Cards are awesome on a AT. I normally debuff and use cards. When I am with my group of friends.

xJACKTHERIPPERx
Aug 25, 2010, 09:19 AM
What are some good PA's to use with cards or bows? Besides the elemental ones of course

sikotic_demon
Aug 25, 2010, 09:26 AM
I use cards on my female newman AT... At lvl 20 pa with the LKK on she hits anywhere from 900 - 1200 per hit and the card is like a shotgun there are 3 hits witch comes out arround 2700 - 3600. Not bad damage in my opinion.

As for the bows i have them on any charecter that can carry one.

Edit: For the bows i would say masei - sou. Neutral element with lvl 3 stun and knockdown... Well worth it to have if you only want one bullet.
I ony have elements for the cards.

xJACKTHERIPPERx
Aug 25, 2010, 09:40 AM
Ok cool. Thanks, I think I have that one actually I just never leveled it. I migt as well do the elements too though.

SolomonGrundy
Aug 25, 2010, 12:47 PM
I completely agree with that statement. Cards are awesome on a AT. I normally debuff and use cards. When I am with my group of friends.

Thirded. I use Twin pistols only for FP tarteging (Dimma/Onma).

For Goazoran, Jarba, and worm-bosses (del la roi) I use cards (so I have ice, fire and light at 20).

Other enemies it mackes more sense to stick to techs - consider jusugun. I could use ice cards...or I could use a wand with foie, and a RCSM, and set it on fire. Fire DoT is a more effective damager.

Proto07
Aug 25, 2010, 12:55 PM
Cards are great on bosses like De Rol Le and Omnagoug. For ATs they're the slowest guns but deal the most damage. I hit over 2500 with my Cast AT.

InFam0uS GuNz
Aug 25, 2010, 05:00 PM
If you strafe with your card it shoots alot quicker

SolomonGrundy
Aug 25, 2010, 06:29 PM
If you strafe with your card it shoots alot quicker

huh. I noticed that but thought I was crazy...

TheAstarion
Aug 26, 2010, 05:54 AM
You can interrupt the standing still cardshooting animation by strafing in the middle of it and flicking cards again. If you alternate standstill/strafe you do pretty well. Doing this, you can keep up with Gunmaster's rifle DPS even as a Wartecher. I have all the bullets levelled, Kyuumeisei-shiki is nice for an Acrofighter to get some free health, or Maisei-shiki for a handy DFP debuff while solo, every other user can heal or debuff on its own.

Maisei-Sou used to be extremely crap due to having the firing rate of a one armed man with a musket. Now that it shoots just as fast as the regular bullets, with a level 2-3-4-4-5 stun SE and knockdown on small enemies, it's an exceptionally nice choice, even for the lowly WT with their lv20 bullets. FT gets the higher bullet levels but pumps out lower numbers due to it being the WORST type for ATP, barring Hamsterforce which can't even hold anything that doesn't shoot fireworks.

If you're going for onmagoug/dimmagolus, use twinguns to first person the wings, otherwise noszonde. If you're on De Rol/Falz 1, cards are probably your best shot for its face (or stump once the face is gone). As previously mentioned, shagreece and zoona (and tengohgs to a lesser extent) are pretty weak to bullets in general, so a card can snipe them out of the air, very handy considering you can strafe around their tech attacks and still kill them with lock-on.

xJACKTHERIPPERx
Aug 27, 2010, 01:46 PM
nice, im definitely gonna level my card bullets and some bow ones now. thanks

EDIT: do you guys use bows on any techer class? or mostly just PT?

TheAstarion
Aug 29, 2010, 07:29 PM
Bows are for Protranser and Guntecher, the only two bow users to have lv40 bullets (can be taken to 50).

GT has twinguns which are probably a better option for DPS (especially with PA Lv +... 44% Guld Milla), and (Crimson Nova) rifles, which have knockdown from 31-50.

stinkyfish97
Aug 29, 2010, 11:02 PM
Bows are actually pretty good on WT as well. I would stick with the Ultimate that has increased range and damage though.