PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Starting out, few questions

icbat
Aug 29, 2010, 09:26 PM
So I just got a 360 and PSU. I've played a bit through the story and successfully gotten online and made a character, went through the tutorial for that, too. But I'm left with some questions.

What sort of etiquette is involved with forming parties? In other MMOs I've played it's very rude to just run up to someone and invite them, but is there any other way to do it in PSU?

Are the early, lower-level missions easy enough to solo, or do I need to be getting a group together for them?

How exactly is loot handled?

What are some things you wish newbies knew?

Does it really matter what type I choose, other than what I have fun with? Are some fundamentally flawed?

Is there a way to learn about different types of weapons without just buying and trying them out?

Thanks all =)

Hwang
Aug 29, 2010, 09:55 PM
I would say it's not rude to invite people, but if you want to form a party without going into a lobby, it's best to just say outside you're doing a mission, and for people to wave at you for an invite.

There are a lot of missions you can solo at low level and high level, the main reason people do them in a group is it's a lot quicker, more people usually means better drops, and more chance of getting a rare mission.

Loot can either be random, set in order, or give finder, you will find that 90% of the missions you do will have everything as set random, some you will find will have it as set in order, I doubt you'll ever find 1 that has give to finder.

All types have different abilities they either do well in, or do bad in, if you want to know the ins and outs of most jobs, Psupedia has a good section, telling you which jobs can use which weapons, and which ranks they get the weapons at. It also tells you your stats for your level.

And I would say no to the last 1, the best way to learn about different types of weapons is to try them yourself, you might like a weapon, you might not, it's all down to personal prefrence.