PDA

View Full Version : The adventures of Xiwang

KoolAidPitcher
Aug 30, 2010, 04:48 AM
In recent weeks, players of phantasy star universe have taken to the streets with pitchforks and kinves against people who they believe are glitching grinders. While a great majority of those accused of glitching grinder S+10's are actually guilty, some people have been wrongfully accused, having their names and reputations destroyed because of false accusations.

In response to this situation, my friends and I developed an elaborate scheme which we called codename purple (named after a small purple cast, which would be the star of our show). My friend was also annoyed at the racism on the official Phantasy Star Universe forums against the Chinese, so we gave this character a Chinese name called Xiwang.

We devised a plan to get about 64 million meseta in 3 days without any help from anyone. Nobody would party with this character, nobody would trade with this character. We also wanted to make the 64 million before Xiwang were to hit level 60. Under these requirements, we had very few options to consider, but we did find a way to get 62 million meseta in 3 days.

The plan was simple. We planned to use Xiwang to farm badges on Innocent Girl, trade those badges for pushans, grind the pushans to 6 and sell them her shop. The plan actually worked a lot better than I had anticipated, and after only 2 and a half days Xiwang had 62 million meseta from selling 6/10 Pushans.

After Xiwang had made all of that money, the idea was to purchase as many S+10 grinders as possible. I was able to buy 93 of them. After the S+10 grinders were bought, I put them in my player shop for 650k each. People flooded into my room, good and bad accusing me of being a glitcher when in fact I had done nothing wrong.

I recorded Xiwang's adventures and threw them up on youtube for anyone who is interested. My colleagues and I are still studying the findings of this experiment, and will be posting the findings once we agree on them in a matter of days.

For now, these are the highlights of the Adventure of Xiwang:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=63B591634CD3D5AB

The above is a playlist of all of the pertinent videos recorded while on Xiwang. Obviously I did not record myself running through Innocent girl 1000 times to get badges, but I did record myself trading in the badges to prove that I got them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-KsOakYK8A
In the above video, Xiwang acquires her first Pushan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujxb7uo3PEs
In the above video, Xiwang acquires her second 6/10 pushan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_GaFuj01hY
In the above video, Xiwang acquires her third pushan. Also shows her shop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dosSe2MjrpQ
In the above video, Xiwang finally gets 61 million meseta, purchases grinders, and throws the grinders into her shop.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Is it possible to get a stack of S+10 grinders after 3 days of playing the game?
Yes, it is entirely possible, although obviously not probable. The person would have to really know what they were doing.

How did you replenish your stock of S+10 grinders once they all sold?
If they would all sell, I would simply use the money I got from S+10 selling to purchase more S+10's and throw them up in my shop. This would also make it seem like I was replenishing my stock, I guess.

Did anyone report you to Sega because they thought you were cheating?
Yup. People reported me, people accused me of cheating on the message boards. As a matter of fact, my name is still on a list on their official forums as a cheater, when I have done no such thing.

I think someone is cheating! What do I do?
Send a ticket to help.sega.com. Don't harass that player, don't break the ToS yourself in an attempt to get that player to stop cheating. Let Sega handle the situation.

DragonForce
Aug 30, 2010, 05:04 AM
The official psu forums is a bunch of idiots that create drama every day because they have nothing better to do.

Let them be paranoid about who's glitching grinders. It seems the only thing those idiots are at these days is each other's throats.

Ithildin
Aug 30, 2010, 06:28 AM
The official psu forums is a bunch of idiots that create drama every day because they have nothing better to do.

Let them be paranoid about who's glitching grinders. It seems the only thing those idiots are at these days is each other's throats.

And of course you would know best.

DragonForce
Aug 30, 2010, 06:36 AM
I guess you can say that. That's why I've come here to get away from it. So if you don't mind, leave the garbage where it belongs.

Anyways, nice experiment KoolAid. It's good to see examples like this. One more thing, did you keep count of how many IG runs you did? xD

KoolAidPitcher
Aug 30, 2010, 07:39 AM
I guess you can say that. That's why I've come here to get away from it. So if you don't mind, leave the garbage where it belongs.

Anyways, nice experiment KoolAid. It's good to see examples like this. One more thing, did you keep count of how many IG runs you did? xD

Unfortunately, I did not, but I would guess it was more than 350 times.

Also on topic, I just wrote a silly guide about this experiment on the official forums. It explains the system my friends and I used to determine that Pushan was the best route to go when farming.

"This method for making large amounts of money with no significant requirements was a creation of myself, and two of my colleagues. It was created through mathematical algorithms by studying the asymptotic behavior of the price of S-ranked weapons versus the number of grinds placed on such weapon. Each grind number is given a certain amount "Quality Points," and then those quality points are multiplied by the percentage chance one could get a weapon to that specific grind level without failing. Quality points are derived by taking the average price of such weapon divided by the average amount of time one takes to acquire that weapon in hours. You may be surprised to learn that based on current selling rates, Pushans have some of the highest quality points of any weapon in the game. The percentage chance one could get a weapon to a specific grind level is a rough estimation based on the information given on psupedia.info.

Not surprisingly, the higher the number of grinds on an unbroken weapon, the more quality points a weapon deserves; however, when taken into account the failure rate of grinding, most weapons should only be grinded 6 times before being sold for a profit. While grinding a weapon more than 6 times may seem like a way to be more profitable, it is highly likely that you will be less profitable, as the odds of success for that weapon are nearly halved with each succeeding grind. The probability of success in grinding assumes one uses an S+9 grinder on the first grind, and an S+10 grinder on the next 5 grinds."

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=342399

Ethateral
Aug 30, 2010, 08:45 AM

You haven't been around PSO-world long enough then.

DragonForce
Aug 30, 2010, 09:24 AM
Hey Ethateral! You may be right, but I don't think there are nearly as many drama llamas here as there are on the official forums.

InFam0uS GuNz
Aug 30, 2010, 10:13 AM
Hey Ethateral! You may be right, but I don't think there are nearly as many drama llamas here as there are on the official forums.

You said poop does not stink in your post, nuff said
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?p=6020094#post6020094
Kap, you said that you could make a stack, but you did not, your system is extremely flawed, and in your videos you said you got your wep on parum. If you knew anything you would realize that the pushan only sells for that much during a boost, and now that the boost is over the weapon is pratically worthless. You could do the run 350 times and not get enough badges because you could end up dying or getting bronze badges. Your experiment was based on luck. Also you did not know what you were doing, you GRINDED, someone could have 2billion meseta in 1 week without glitching. Step 1.-Level quickly 2. Get a 0/10 Spread Needle. 3. Get s+10s 4. grind Spread Needle to 10/10.

Ethateral
Aug 30, 2010, 10:30 AM

It sounds as if you know me? Lol.

PSO-World is now a warzone between JP PSU and 360 PSU. I frequent both forums though. Forums are drama anywhere, lol.

Topic: I'm staying neutral on the whole issue itself. There are certain things missing from both sides. Pointing fingers, leaving out key parts, accusations, videos, etc etc are nice and dandy, but just submit tickets (both sides) and let Edward/Ruby investigate.

CroftManor23
Aug 30, 2010, 10:39 AM
KAP, I have to hand it to you; this was clever. This was very clever, but not realistic in my opinion. No new player would ever spam a mission that long, recieve badges, recieve pushans, and grind them to 6/10. If a chinese player, level1, default room, level 1 bot, and level 1 class with 90+ s+10's.. it is quite obvious that they are glitching and selling the meseta. No denying it. Your little adventure didn't prove as much as you think.

The official psu forums is shit. It's a bunch of idiots that create drama every day because they have nothing better to do.

-_-

Cloudstrife xx
Aug 30, 2010, 11:13 AM
Pso-world 50% of the time a 360 bash fest yeah pso-world doesnt have drama please...

Akaimizu
Aug 30, 2010, 11:23 AM
^ And you would think the whole debate would have died out 5 years ago. I tell you, some people *really* *really* *really* need to get new material. So much, I can't even type the amount of *really* words to describe how much it is needed. I mean, they're in more dire need of new material than any one single group of people I've met in my entire life.

bloodflowers
Aug 30, 2010, 11:42 AM
KAP, I have to hand it to you; this was clever. This was very clever, but not realistic in my opinion. No new player would ever spam a mission that long, recieve badges, recieve pushans, and grind them to 6/10. If a chinese player, level1, default room, level 1 bot, and level 1 class with 90+ s+10's.. it is quite obvious that they are glitching and selling the meseta. No denying it. Your little adventure didn't prove as much as you think.

Indeed - it was just yet more drama from KoolAidPitcher, who seems hell bent on preventing the community from protecting itself. We've seen this pattern with scammers, booters and now glitchers.

It's all done under the veil of being concerned about innocent people being accused, but in practise there's very little of that going on, if at all. His little experiment is futile and unrepresentative, since he'd gone out of his to specifically look like a Chinese gold farmer, something a normal user wouldn't do. I make a point of saying Chinese there, because despite a frankly hilarious claim of 'racial profiling' - the reality is that there are several big firms who exist to make money out of RMT on a variety of games, and they employ Chinese (mostly in Hong Kong) in mini sweatshop operations - that's why people make the generalisation, because it's true. You can even watch real television documentaries on it if you want, containing interviews with the proprietors and employees. It doesn't look like much fun - they do it because they have to put food on the table.

The fact that all the drama is essentially self satisfying to the cost of the community makes his attitude towards self policing all the more disingenious and contemptable. It is also frankly hilarious that he claims to crusade on the side of the wrongly accused, yet accused one of my friends wrongly of glitching 50% Bearclaws in one of the threads - like using a swamp as moral high ground. That was the same thread by the way as he equated S+10 glitching with looking for rare spawns, and later admitted to knowing nothing about how the S+10 glitch works - although this was more likely an attempt to save face having presented an untenable argument.

He can cry all he likes about people not raising tickets - but the reason the community has turned to this, is because raising tickets is largely slow and/or ineffective due to the near total absence of GM supervision of the game. There are documented examples on the forum where posts have shamed Sega into doing something about long standing tickets.

I posted a nice little 'obvious troll is obvious' image in that locked thread on the official forums last night, but sadly not many people seemed to notice or understand.

Dhylec
Aug 30, 2010, 01:36 PM
I do not mind or care how players play their games. If someone cheats, report to the authority & let them handle it. If not, ignore & play with whomever & whatever you feel comfortable.

PSOW discourages cross-forum flaming & war topics. The thread already went sour by the 2nd post. I have nothing against the OP, but this thread is not gonna be better on such controversial topic. So before it gets worse, it would have to end here.