PDA

View Full Version : How does Max Damage Inflicted work?

Soma Cruz
Aug 30, 2010, 07:48 PM
As the title asks, how does the game calculate the Max Damage Inflicted ranking? I searched through some older posts on GameFAQs and there was some discussion as to whether it was a combo, or one attack, or something else, and there wasn't a definitive answer. I had a chance to talk to Chaosmaster who seems fairly knowledgeable about game mechanics, but I don't believe his answer is correct.

My current max damage inflicted is slightly over 10,000. I don't know any cheats that could possibly affect this at all. I'm fairly sure I scored this several months ago by using Magical Sign on Dark Falz after a chain. However, Chaosmaster says that the max damage inflicted only considers a single hit on a single target. I don't believe my character can actually deal 10,000 in a single hit to one target; I'm fairly sure it was done by hitting multiple targets (Dark Falz's head, body, and summoned dark spheres).

Does anyone else know how the damage inflicted is calculated?

Also, on the subject of game mechanics, the following guide seems to be incomplete.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174149

I tried to calculate how much PP I would need to add to a Level 100 FOnewearl to raise the PP recovery by 1. However, there's a gap between 500 and 800. Does anyone know what the missing values are?

Chaos Rappy
Aug 30, 2010, 07:52 PM
EDIT: Nevermind, went off on a tangent there. As for your case, you could always do the trial and error method, by which I mean add 1 PP Mat, use Resta, see how much your PP regerates afterwards, and continue on until it regenerates more, etc.

Soma Cruz
Aug 30, 2010, 07:57 PM
EDIT: Saw the editted post. That works, thanks for the advice.