PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 No Maintenance for Sept. 2nd

XbikXBd
Aug 31, 2010, 01:31 AM
Attention, GUARDIANS!

There will be no maintenance scheduled for this week, and servers will remain open.

*Throws Computer out window*

Now i have never been one to nag but come on we need GBR or Event soon i almost got all my mains caped(neuman lv 170) but yah enjoy lol^^;

RubyEclipse
Aug 31, 2010, 02:15 AM
Last week was a nice update. I don't want to hear any complaining just yet. ;)

XbikXBd
Aug 31, 2010, 02:41 AM
True but like i said this weekend was a easy one I got dizas and new suv's already(not to hard with good party) but yah ill wait but till now........^^;

DragonForce
Aug 31, 2010, 03:51 AM
I'll give it 'til next week before I start bitching. xD

desturel
Aug 31, 2010, 08:30 AM

People always complain.

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 31, 2010, 11:05 AM

What changed? So far since the supplemental update you have managed biweekly updates with one exception due to fixing a problem. The two years before that were simply pathetic. What happened to allow you to actually maintain our servers (and why did it take so long)?

FOkyasuta
Aug 31, 2010, 11:12 AM
Gah Cant Handle The LV.70-100 Rut. Its Killing Me. >.<

DragonForce
Aug 31, 2010, 11:34 AM
What changed? So far since the supplemental update you have managed biweekly updates with one exception due to fixing a problem. The two years before that were simply pathetic. What happened to allow you to actually maintain our servers (and why did it take so long)?

I think he's hinting at a good update next week.

bloodflowers
Aug 31, 2010, 11:38 AM
True but like i said this weekend was a easy one I got dizas and new suv's already(not to hard with good party) but yah ill wait but till now........^^;

You've already maxed out your new GAS points allocation? Wow, I'm not even close to done.

I want to start hearing what's going to happen with at least some of the limbo GC content - like new clothes for CASTs.

DragonForce
Aug 31, 2010, 11:48 AM
I've put the max amount of points in my class's base stats and then some. It really helps to find parties that can do SE in 5 or 6 minutes.

FOkyasuta
Aug 31, 2010, 11:52 AM
Ah So He Can Help! *Runs Off To Play Some Psu*

bloodflowers
Aug 31, 2010, 12:03 PM
I've put the max amount of points in my class's base stats and then some. It really helps to find parties that can do SE in 5 or 6 minutes.

I need another 50 million AEXP due to the attribute stuff opening :/

DragonForce
Aug 31, 2010, 12:06 PM
Damn. I guess it's a good thing for me to play on one character. xD

bloodflowers
Aug 31, 2010, 12:19 PM
Damn. I guess it's a good thing for me to play on one character. xD

... that is for one character :/ For some reason Sega make techs not only harder to level, but also more expensive to upgrade.

DragonForce
Aug 31, 2010, 12:28 PM
Double damn. I only play as gunmaster/fortegunner so my stuff isn't expensive. A couple hours at SE and I can get an ability at level 2.

BIG OLAF
Aug 31, 2010, 12:35 PM
Yes, I noticed Sega was exceptionally brutal to Masterforce, what with all the Limit Breaks costing 10 APs, and the Support Spells+ also costing 10 APs. I'm basically all set with my GAS upgrades for the moment, but my friend is still working on getting all the Limit Breaks. I feel bad for him.

As for no update this week, whatever. I've got other stuff to do on PSU, anyway.

Dealbreaker
Aug 31, 2010, 01:01 PM
/R missions still suck.... Im not playing till we get a real update.

I haven't even used one ap point lol.... What would be the point? So i max all my guys then go run WB or SE..... Ya no thanks....

With all the good games coming out i dont even know if i will have time to play psu... I really want to be all pumped to play it but these worthless missions and lack of a real update is killing this game.

BIG OLAF
Aug 31, 2010, 01:10 PM
/R missions still suck.... Im not playing till we get a real update.

I haven't even used one ap point lol.... What would be the point? So i max all my guys then go run WB or SE..... Ya no thanks....

With all the good games coming out i dont even know if i will have time to play psu... I really want to be all pumped to play it but these worthless missions and lack of a real update is killing this game.

Lack of real updates? We've had a few "real updates" in the past month or so. It's not Sega's fault that you're keeping yourself from even using the new content (saying it's worthless, or whatever), since you said above that you "haven't even used one AP point". What's stopping you?

Oh, and /R missions are plenty fun. They're actually somewhat challenging, and kind of nostalgic.

Dealbreaker
Aug 31, 2010, 01:23 PM
Lack of real updates? We've had a few "real updates" in the past month or so. It's not Sega's fault that you're keeping yourself from even using the new content (saying it's worthless, or whatever), since you said above that you "haven't even used one AP point". What's stopping you?

Oh, and /R missions are plenty fun. They're actually somewhat challenging, and kind of nostalgic.

Sorry just dont like the /R missions... Cant stand them.

Its not even that the missions are boring. Its the drops and AMP stuff are worthless.

I got 1000 amp saved for the Sword SUV.... That and dragon scales are the only thing i even want out of the AMP stuff.

Whats stopping me from using the AP is not really having a reason to upgrade my guy... Like i said there are only 2 missions that people run. No need to upgrade when i would only be doing so to solo.

BIG OLAF
Aug 31, 2010, 01:29 PM
No need to upgrade when i would only be doing so to solo.

So, you don't want to be stronger, and have stat bonuses for soloing? I'm sorry, but I don't understand. That would be the ideal situation in which to actually have your weapon/shield/extra styles and your stat increases.

Dealbreaker
Aug 31, 2010, 01:35 PM
So, you don't want to be stronger, and have stat bonuses for soloing? I'm sorry, but I don't understand. That would be the ideal situation in which to actually have your weapon/shield/extra styles and your stat increases.

If i wanted to solo then yes it would be great. However Im at the point in this game where all my guys are set on weapons and armor. minus a better ground spear and axe.

On top of that when i play this game i want to play with a group. It makes the runs more enjoyable.

So im sitting here waiting for an event or GBR so i could run something other then wb or se.

Im sure there are a bunch of people that love the /R missions but those are just painful to me.

XbikXBd
Aug 31, 2010, 05:08 PM
Ahh i see @Dealbreaker lol but i am a perfectionist with spells and the new suvs which are awsome XD dizas gets me so many partys but i am still shocked at people who dont kno about it or are balling that i got it to 50.......as for the espada it wont take long once Sacred Stream kums out and rentis too....^^;
also i can do terror with a good party in 11mins so 500=275 mins so yah still not tolong to get back to stage 2 seeing as i did it 5 times now

BIG OLAF
Aug 31, 2010, 06:07 PM
dizas gets me so many partys but i am still shocked at people who dont kno about it

Holy crap, I know. My friend was telling me about all the people who've been :-oing when he uses Dizas when running White Beast, or just about any mission with other players. I thought he was full of it at first, but then I was playing with him, and...

*person joins our party*

*my friend casts Dizas (level 50)*

Person: "Wtf is this spell??"

Me (thinking to myself): "You've got to be kidding me.."

FOkyasuta
Aug 31, 2010, 07:54 PM
Lol Same With Me. >.<

DragonForce
Aug 31, 2010, 10:32 PM
I know a guy who got his Dizas to 50 the first day it came out.

FOkyasuta
Aug 31, 2010, 10:36 PM
Nothing But Useing Here And There Right?

BIG OLAF
Aug 31, 2010, 11:10 PM

A lot of people did. From what I can tell, Dizas is cake to level, as my friend got it to 50 in less than two hours with just four people, as I stated earlier.

XbikXBd
Aug 31, 2010, 11:54 PM

A lot of people did. From what I can tell, Dizas is cake to level, as my friend got it to 50 in less than two hours with just four people, as I stated earlier.

lol i am one of them:-P:D

SolomonGrundy
Sep 1, 2010, 01:33 AM
good to hear. for those bitching about no update...you so kuhrazy!

mvffin
Sep 1, 2010, 01:41 AM
No update this week was expected. Weekly updates would be nice, but will never happen. Every three weeks takes too long, especially when the last update was holy grounds /r or something else that nobody ran after the first 2 days. Every other week is just right.

SO, next week, if no update, you can pitch a bitch. = )

xBULLYDOGG
Sep 1, 2010, 07:33 PM
Didn't you guys get one last week?

Max B
Sep 2, 2010, 05:08 AM
Didn't you guys get one last week?
Isn't it true you don't play on these servers?

FOkyasuta
Sep 2, 2010, 11:59 AM
Molded?

DoubleJG
Sep 4, 2010, 08:52 PM

I don't see why this matters. I don't play PSU anymore yet I'm always aware of the updates the EN and JP versions get thanks to this forum.

xBULLYDOGG
Sep 8, 2010, 01:30 PM

That ties into my question how exactly.

Lolitron
Sep 8, 2010, 03:06 PM
/WRISTS!!!

Ishia
Sep 8, 2010, 03:09 PM
Hey folks, as you know, no update for the 9th, and the Tokyo Game Show goes from 9/16 to 9/19, so no update on the 17th is likely as well. That means, there will be 4 weeks in between last, and the upcoming content update.

Terrible performance. We don't want compensation, we want content.

Tetsaru
Sep 8, 2010, 03:36 PM
We don't want compensation, we want content.

Now THIS is a sig-worthy quote. Simply and elegantly put, this sums up PSU quite well, lol.

SolomonGrundy
Sep 8, 2010, 04:19 PM
Hey folks, as you know, no update for the 9th, and the Tokyo Game Show goes from 9/16 to 9/19, so no update on the 17th is likely as well. That means, there will be 4 weeks in between last, and the upcoming content update.

Terrible performance. We don't want compensation, we want content.

you are overstating thing in the extreme. MAJOR content update, followed by a supplemental update. Do you realize that most folks have not capped, NOT maxed AP for thier main (neve mind alts), and are still hunting the various new weapons in WB?

Chill out.

Not to mention we had an extended grind boost by about 3 weeks, by my count.

Ishia
Sep 8, 2010, 05:09 PM
you are overstating thing in the extreme. MAJOR content update, followed by a supplemental update. Do you realize that most folks have not capped, NOT maxed AP for thier main (neve mind alts), and are still hunting the various new weapons in WB?

Chill out.

The Supplemental was in July, since then, we've only received TWO content updates; two /R missions, one which was paired with the 2nd wave of GAS, and the 2nd wave of the RSD.

That's terrible, as Japan consistently receives weekly updates, while we have to wait THREE to FOUR, for even the minimal of content. Besides, the Parum GBR itself isn't a content update, so we may as well won't see anything new until very late-October, early November. Pitiful.

Tetsaru
Sep 8, 2010, 05:29 PM
It's kinda strange looking back on these update threads nowadays...

The biggest problems I had with PSU before I quit around this time last year (or when the PC/PS2 servers went down when I played it during the free period, either way you want to look at it) was that, despite having new items to hunt and levels to gain, the actual gameplay was repetitive and boring. Naturally, everyone flocks to the best missions to level up (White Beast, SEED Express, Innocent Girl, etc.) and otherwise solo the other missions that have the good item drops. Other than the new Supplemental Update stuff (which I never even got a chance to play), there's no benefit to playing any other missions, especially the old ones, because all they consist of is "kill everything and get to the end." The only variance to this is events (hence why everyone wants to see one all the time), even though they often recycle maps of old missions, OR the Guardians' Branch missions, which often have annoying loss conditions (oh noes, on Bruce's Dungeon, Bruce's stupid AI programming made him suicide into the spinning Bil De Vears, START OVER; oh noes, ONE PERSON got immobilized/frozen on Her Secret Mission while gun turrets and enemies cheaply kill you, START OVER), OR the Story Missions, which most people don't want to sit through anyway because let's face it, PSU's story just isn't that interesting.

People on PSU have to constantly wait on something new to keep them busy (especially veteran/end-game/max-level people), and when it finally DOES come, it just makes the game even easier. Hell, ever since people complained about the "bees" being near-impossible to kill (which they weren't if you had a techer or gunner), or how people were using Go Vahra leaders' heals to AFK-level PA's, pretty much all the enemies are weak as shit now... and yet they keep boosting the level cap, make once-rare items more common than A rank weapons, and overall make everyone stronger and stronger when they don't need to be.

Sonic Team's game design at it's finest, folks. :nono:

Ishia
Sep 8, 2010, 05:34 PM
PSU is the same thing repeated over and over again; the same as PSO was, but why was PSO so much more enjoyable? Oh yeah, even at LV200, you could have still got destroyed. That, and Challenge Mode, so much fun.

Powder Keg
Sep 8, 2010, 05:43 PM

Chill out.

There are still plenty of things to do, but we want this fucking gap closed. I'm starting to have the same questions such as "Are we going to see these things within the game's lifespan at this rate?"

SolomonGrundy
Sep 8, 2010, 06:03 PM
@tetsaru and Ishia" wrong on all fronts?

Tetsaru: decision for quitting are personal. Almost all CRPG games have a "kill everything and get to the end" aspect. There are PLENTY of other thigns to do in PSU if you chose. Grinding, Synthing, setting up shop, shopping, setting up your room, gambling, etc. that's all part of gameplay. While I *definitely* agree that 1 hit KO, or quick KO is a poor way to definte a challenge, you have not tried any of the R missions, which have some restrictions which redefine how you play. Try soloing some of those!

@Ishia: Forest and Caves ceases to be a challenge at level 110 or 120. Mines at level 130? Certainly by level 150, everything but online ruins, and Seabed were fairly "safe" I have a level 176 RAcast, and he pummels everything - including some of the challenging online-only missions ...solo

the /R missions are similar to challenge mode, but I do agree that challenge mode was way mode fun. Also hard to find anyone to do it with you, but oh well. At least getting a party invite is possible for /R (not so much for C mode)

There are still plenty of things to do, but we want this fucking gap closed. I'm starting to have the same questions such as "Are we going to see these things within the game's lifespan at this rate?"

this is true, at least. Since we depend on server side saves for our characters, it means we eventually lose...everything.

Ishia
Sep 8, 2010, 06:15 PM
Grinding, Synthing, setting up shop, shopping, setting up your room, gambling, etc. that's all part of gameplay.

Grinding - You need weapons from grinding the same missions in order to grind anything.
Synthing - You need to find the [B]s from grinding the same missions over, and over.
Setting up shop - Oh, that requires grinding the same missions to get the items you need.
Shopping - You need money from grinding the same missions.
Setting up your room - You need money, blah-blah.
Gambling - More than likely, you're gonna lose it all, and gain nothing, then try again the next day.

So essentially, "Killing everything and get to the end," applies to almost all these things.

Also, about PSO, I'm just pulling things out of my ass there, as I haven't played it in a long time.

SolomonGrundy
Sep 8, 2010, 06:17 PM
Grinding - You need weapons from grinding the same missions in order to grind anything.
Synthing - You need to find the [B]s from grinding the same missions over, and over.
Setting up shop - Oh, that requires grinding the same missions to get the items you need.
Shopping - You need money from grinding the same missions.
Setting up your room - You need money, blah-blah.
Gambling - More than likely, you're gonna lose it all, and gain nothing, then try again the next day.

So essentially, "Killing everything and get to the end," applies to almost all these things.

grinding - no you don't (you can buy 1*-9*)
Synthing - no you don't (you can buy 1*-9*)
Setting up a shop - you need what...25k?

so essentially, you don't like doing missions? why do you play RPGs? You think first person shooters will be differnent?

Ishia
Sep 8, 2010, 06:20 PM
grinding - no you don't (you can buy 1*-9*)
Synthing - no you don't (you can buy 1*-9*)
Setting up a shop - you need what...25k?

so essentially, you don't like doing missions? why do you play RPGs? You think first person shooters will be differnent?

Oh, I thought you meant the GOOD stuff. Sure, you can do that, if you prefer mediocrity.

Also, what are you going to put in your shop? The mediocre items? Oh, I see.

SolomonGrundy
Sep 9, 2010, 11:51 AM
Oh, I thought you meant the GOOD stuff. Sure, you can do that, if you prefer mediocrity.

Also, what are you going to put in your shop? The mediocre items? Oh, I see.

yeah, because all characters can use ALL weapons with an S rank.

Also, ALL characters are capped, and only need high % s rank weapons

Ishia
Sep 9, 2010, 05:54 PM
yeah, because all characters can use ALL weapons with an S rank.

Sure, I'll give you that; although, those A ranks better be 42%+ and 7/7+, or they are pretty meh.

You also don't need to be capped to use the 1337 stuff.

Powder Keg
Sep 9, 2010, 08:27 PM
By the time you hit 60 or so you can pretty much start using S-ranks.

And it's a joke to get to level 60.

Tetsaru
Sep 9, 2010, 09:13 PM
By the time you hit 60 or so you can pretty much start using S-ranks.

And it's a joke to get to level 60.

This was another thing that bothered me about PSU. It's just poor game design to be able to use the best weapons in the game (especially when that game's market is saturated with them, and money is commonplace) at such low levels. To get the best equipment in an RPG, you need to work for it, and for an online game, certain things should be account-bound (like the Edil Fucil/Arrow and Ely Sion or PA fragments) so that it doesn't get passed around like the town whore to people who haven't earned it. PSO didn't really have this problem (at least offline, anyway... I personally never got online, just got online items from a friend of mine) unless you had access to really good and/or hacked MAG's, or knew how to dupe and efficiently use stuff like Power Materials for your character from the get-go.

Equipment requirements just need to be more strict; instead of "you need 200 ATP to equip this," why not "you have to be Lv125 to equip this," or "you must be Lv20 Fighmaster to use this," or "this weapon can only have ____ linked as a PA," stuff like that. Make people have to actually WORK for their stuff and build up anticipation and excitement for it when they finally do get it, instead of it being handed to them on a silver platter. Besides, I've always seen it as a way to show off to other players when you have a really rare/hard-to-get item... although I suspect some other people would just be like, "man, that guy must not have a life outside of this game," lol. :wacko:

Tyreek
Sep 9, 2010, 09:59 PM
I realize all the newer equipment that gets added have different requirements as opposed to the old stuff that needs just ATP.

SolomonGrundy
Sep 10, 2010, 12:12 PM
I realize all the newer equipment that gets added have different requirements as opposed to the old stuff that needs just ATP.

really? Like what?

I agree with Tetsaru: In PSO, there were items that you could not equip until level 100 or later - (think Holy ray for HUmar as the best example) and as a result of the horrificly progressive leveling system, it would have been...almost unfair to make equipping requirements much higher than 150.

Tyreek
Sep 10, 2010, 04:08 PM
really? Like what?

Wait, I'm still confusing the PSP stuff. I know that game does level requirements on the new items. Guess its not incorporated in PSU.

Lolitron
Sep 11, 2010, 04:11 PM
Many weapons require level 150 to equip in PSPo2. Go play it. You'll save money in the mid/long-run if you buy a PSP, PSPo2, and PSPo2:i the expansion that's about to come out (which is stand alone so you could just buy that instead).

Play a game with support, a community, 3000 items, 5 races, and no "pay to play, pay for weapons, and pay for levels" bullshit.

Dragwind
Sep 12, 2010, 06:44 AM
Keep the thread relevant to PSU. If you want to rant about PSU, do it in the rants forum. If you want to primarily discuss Phantasy Star Portable 2, talk about it in the appropriate forum.