PDA

View Full Version : Text Input

Bozl1n2k2
Sep 6, 2010, 10:50 AM
Just started playing psu on the 360 today.......

This might seem like the most retarded question on earth, but how for the love of god are u ment to type ingame? The clipon chatpad that fits on the bottomof pads dosnt seem to work.

N im hopeing to god its not reliant and not even qwerty ingame onscreen thing?

I cant even type why im talking in 1 word sentences fast ennuf to explain to any1 i attempt to talk to exactly why the hell i cant communicate with them.

Please some1 tell me theres a proper keyboard input somewhere that im clearly to thick to have discovered......

Tetsaru
Sep 6, 2010, 11:01 AM
I don't own a 360 (I was an old PC player), but from what I remember, all you had to do was use the space bar to bring up a text entry and then just type what you want and hit enter. Maybe there's an in-game option or something in your 360's menu to enable your text pad...? Otherwise, I'd just get a cheap USB keyboard or a headset, personally... I'm not that good at typing with my thumbs, lol. Sorry if I'm not much help... ^^;

Bozl1n2k2
Sep 6, 2010, 11:15 AM
Yea i played on the pc to bro, u did hit space to bring up chat curser ur right. But that dosnt do squat......

Theres a on screen "keyboard" with

ABCDEFG......
abcdefg......

2 banks of letters and im trying to use the 360 d pad to move between the letters and string whats ment to be a sentence together lmao. It takes 40 secounds to type hello.....

Im REALLY hopeing somewhere im being retarded n theres sommin im missin cos if thats it..... and thats how ur ment to type in a game that imo needs whole heap of typein, me playin on the 360 gonna be shourt lived. After a few hours of it im already to the point id rather logout than try use it.

Hwang
Sep 6, 2010, 11:19 AM
You have to use a full size keyboard plugged in through a USB port, the under controller 1 doesn't work sadly.

beatrixkiddo
Sep 6, 2010, 03:32 PM
That's the only way to type in-game unless you have a USB keyboard. I think they meant for people to mainly use voice chat to communicate. Still a lot of typing required if you plan on using the player shops for anything.