PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU A Few Questions About It...

FOkyasuta
Sep 11, 2010, 01:26 AM
The following questions have been going on in my head. i just needed to see if there true...

*Is it free like they say so?

*Is there a way to avoid guardian's cash?

*Its there a translation patch?

*Is there a way to talk to pepole on the U.S while still on the jp server?

*Do i have to start all over if i choose to?

*is it really worth it?

XbikXBd
Sep 11, 2010, 01:29 AM
Is it free like they say so?
Yes but comes with restrictions
*Is there a way to avoid guardian's cash?
*Avoid y would u want to lol*
*Its there a translation patch?
No and never will be
*Is there a way to talk to pepole on the U.S server?
??????????????????????????????????????????????????
*Do i have to start all over if i choose to?
Yes
*is it really worth it?
If your a fan of PSU o PSO ull like it and do u really need to ask lol

Ishia
Sep 11, 2010, 01:29 AM
In order,

Yes, Free Course.
Yes, don't pay for it.
No.
No.
Yes.
No.

FOkyasuta
Sep 11, 2010, 01:35 AM
In order,

Yes, Free Course.
Yes, don't pay for it.
No.
No.
Yes.
No.

How come its not worth it? And by what means?

Ishia
Sep 11, 2010, 01:41 AM
How come its not worth it? And by what means?

First of all, if you plan to play it via Free Course, don't. Free Course is terrible. No access to your room is game-breaking debilitating. It is impossible to gain anything semi-decent.

Plus, if you don't have the menus memorized, or know at least katakana, you are screwed.

FOkyasuta
Sep 11, 2010, 01:43 AM
So what your saying is i have to pay to get the full online mode?

XbikXBd
Sep 11, 2010, 01:45 AM
First of all, if you plan to play it via Free Course, don't. Free Course is terrible. No access to your room is game-breaking debilitating. It is impossible to gain anything semi-decent.

Plus, if you don't have the menus memorized, or know at least katakana, you are screwed.

Well not really if u play psu it just comes natural and yes even free corse is worth it because u can also run events and GC but no trade or room but still badass

FOkyasuta
Sep 11, 2010, 01:49 AM
So you become homeless?

Ishia
Sep 11, 2010, 01:51 AM
So what your saying is i have to pay to get the full online mode?

It would defeat the purpose of having a "Premium" mode if you had the same access in "Free" mode now, wouldn't it?

FOkyasuta
Sep 11, 2010, 01:53 AM
So let me get this Straight. Its free. But the shitty type of free.

FOkyasuta
Sep 11, 2010, 01:58 AM
[QUOTE=Ishia;2535111]Yes.
How much?

Ishia
Sep 11, 2010, 02:00 AM
How much? As in how shitty? Pretty shitty.

FOkyasuta
Sep 11, 2010, 02:01 AM
How much? As in how shitty? Pretty shitty.

I See. How much is it cost to remove the shitty??

XbikXBd
Sep 11, 2010, 02:02 AM

10.25? lol same as US server
But u can turn if off and go back to free corse

Ishia
Sep 11, 2010, 02:03 AM

Probably the same amount it was for the US/EU PS2/PC server.

FOkyasuta
Sep 11, 2010, 02:04 AM
Fk It. Im Better Off Staying On The Us Servers. =/

XbikXBd
Sep 11, 2010, 02:09 AM
whoot? lol
Sadface tho u should at least try out see if u like and it will always be there

ashley50
Sep 11, 2010, 02:12 AM
the man has spoken, and lets leave him be with his decision.

Kion
Sep 11, 2010, 02:23 AM

The game gives you a free 10-day key for full access. The shops are really cheap, so I spammed missions like crazy and stocked up on enough to keep me supplied for a while.

As for the population, there's pretty much no one under level 130, so you'd better be prepared to solo everything.

Tetsaru
Sep 11, 2010, 03:37 AM
I still say look into private servers.

Also, there's still the Tokyo Game Show coming up in about a week. If the rumors about Sega announcing a new game for PSO's 10th anniversary are true, then that may give you something else to look forward to instead. :confused:

Alex305!
Sep 11, 2010, 06:32 AM
Fk It. Im Better Off Staying On The Us Servers. =/

Good choice. Maybe others had better luck than me but that shit is a wasteland on the hours I play on but I understand Asia is like on the other side of the planet. I stayed up one day and logged stars to see when it would be a better time to play no luck. They recently had an event to meet up with US players and get cards but everybody seems so far up ahead and soloing as a low level got really boring.I even won a prize but that was not enough incentive (Forcing yourself to play a game under any circumstance is not intelligent) 360 is a little bit more enjoyable but I'm trying to get PSP:2 that shit looks amazing.

str898mustang
Sep 11, 2010, 07:33 AM
JP Server is awesome, end of story.

u dont have to use GC, I'm on there and still have not touched GC and I never will.

TenebriS
Sep 11, 2010, 08:03 AM
*throws GC at Orius* you touched it! :0
jk^^

the JP servers are a good choice if you wanan play the full game. It's same as EU/NA servers just all in japanese(something that doesnt matter) and it ahs much more content, oh and dont forget the updates nearly every week^^

str898mustang
Sep 11, 2010, 12:09 PM
I still say look into private servers.

Also, there's still the Tokyo Game Show coming up in about a week. If the rumors about Sega announcing a new game for PSO's 10th anniversary are true, then that may give you something else to look forward to instead. :confused:

those "private server" aren't even close to be finished yet. One developer said the other day, it's about 25% finished and it's been what? 2-3 months? Dont expect it to be up probably Feb-March of next year.

FOkyasuta
Sep 11, 2010, 12:31 PM
Hmm I Might Consider It.

Tetsaru
Sep 11, 2010, 08:04 PM
those "private server" aren't even close to be finished yet. One developer said the other day, it's about 25% finished and it's been what? 2-3 months? Dont expect it to be up probably Feb-March of next year.

I'm aware of that. :razz: If I do ever get back into PSU, I'd personally rather play the game for free and "under new management" and hopefully with my old data. Otherwise, it's just not worth it to me at this point, no matter how many new things they throw in. Sega doesn't deserve my money for essentially limiting my options between playing on a console I don't have or want to own, or playing in a region that isn't my own, even if I did learn Japanese and there was an English-speaking community there. And I wouldn't want to take the free course or whatever it's called, because then I'd be further gimping my experience.

Also, if what you say is true, FF14 and Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 are supposed to come out for PS3 around March as well, so I'll most likely be preoccupied with those new games anyway... or probably LittleBigPlanet 2, lol. :confused:

Kion
Sep 11, 2010, 09:59 PM
By the time private servers do come up, Sonic Team will have probably announced what their 10th anniversary thingy is. Hopefully it's a new game. Rather than starting over on the JP version it'd probably a good idea to sit tight and see what happens.

My Japanese is pretty good, and I can generally get by in a party with out letting on that I'm American. And being able to play for free, JP PSU is a pretty sweet deal for me.

FOkyasuta
Sep 11, 2010, 10:06 PM
How If You Are Limited?

Kion
Sep 11, 2010, 10:35 PM
Speak PLease English, could you?

Also I figured i should post this here. Looks like Sega is passing PSP2:Infinity off as the tenth anniversary thing. So if anyone wants a good console online Phantasy Star game then I guess the wait for the private servers is on.
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z88/kion_01/stsuxhard.jpg

Edit: Bitching can commence...... now.

XbikXBd
Sep 11, 2010, 10:38 PM
Speak PLease English, could you?

Also I figured i should post this here. Looks like Sega is passing PSP2:Infinity off as the tenth anniversary thing. So if anyone wants a good console online Phantasy Star game then I guess the wait for the private servers is on.
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z88/kion_01/stsuxhard.jpg

Edit: Bitching can commence...... now.

nice pic

FOkyasuta
Sep 11, 2010, 10:41 PM
FU**.

Seth Astra
Sep 11, 2010, 10:43 PM
No, I'm pretty sure that I read that they have something else planned for the 10th anniversary special.

FOkyasuta
Sep 11, 2010, 10:46 PM
But Still FU**.

Tetsaru
Sep 11, 2010, 11:10 PM
Time will tell, just give it about another week or so for the TGS to pass, and then we should know what's going on.

Of course with Sega, I'm not expecting anything too exciting... :disapprove:

FOkyasuta
Sep 11, 2010, 11:16 PM
Yet Again FU**.

Kion
Sep 11, 2010, 11:21 PM
I wouldn't expect a new console version too soon. While they pulled the plug on the US servers, the Japanese servers are still going and the level cap is only at 180. I expect they'd want to finish milking it over one more year, getting the cap to 200, releasing all of the content, announce a new game, and then have a bunch of in-game events to keep people forking over subscriptions until the new game's launch.

Tetsaru
Sep 11, 2010, 11:58 PM
Whatcha bet they'll release a 10th Anniversary version or crappy expansion of PSU with "exclusive bonus content" that Japan's had for years now? :wacko:

FOkyasuta
Sep 12, 2010, 12:11 AM
500 Grand.

slave2pso
Sep 16, 2010, 01:43 AM
I've been playing the JP "free course" for a few hours and I've noticed the lag is pretty bad for me. I'd hit something and about 1.5 seconds later, it'd register. It was fun to screw about in, I guess. If the lag wasn't so bad, I'd consider registering or whatever.

XbikXBd
Sep 16, 2010, 01:44 AM
I've been playing the JP "free course" for a few hours and I've noticed the lag is pretty bad for me. I'd hit something and about 1.5 seconds later, it'd register. It was fun to screw about in, I guess. If the lag wasn't so bad, I'd consider registering or whatever.

did you fix setting lol may help

slave2pso
Sep 16, 2010, 02:02 AM
did you fix setting lol may help

No? Which setting are you referring to? I'm playing from the uk, so i'd imagine it would be laggy for me.

XbikXBd
Sep 16, 2010, 02:10 AM
3rd option to last when you hit prompt screen
Besides servers are dont till another 2-3 hours yay event

also if u want some help i can once event starts lol i need to lv ma low lv anyways so pm me a time to meet if u want lolz

slave2pso
Sep 16, 2010, 02:19 AM
are you talking about the options screen (2 options above "exit") yeah, i've tinkered with that (setting my resolution, 0 frame skip, button config etc), but what option would help with network lag??

XbikXBd
Sep 16, 2010, 02:22 AM
frame skip for me lol
i really dont kno also depends on ur computer

slave2pso
Sep 16, 2010, 02:28 AM
are you also playing the jp free version? how do you cope if you don't know japanese?

XbikXBd
Sep 16, 2010, 03:22 AM
are you also playing the jp free version? how do you cope if you don't know japanese?

lolz i pay and gc too
as for the japanese it comes after wile been on here a year this event whooot happy B day Elie and greed and aigis and Lanfan