PDA

View Full Version : Muktrand 4/10 36% earth for 100k

oG Epik
Sep 11, 2010, 06:45 PM
Ok i bought a Muktrand 4/10 36% earth for 100k good pick up or no?

ashley50
Sep 11, 2010, 07:06 PM
for ingame money, yes.

Tetsaru
Sep 11, 2010, 09:33 PM
I think that you made a good deal. :)

A good rule of thumb to follow when buying things from player shops is to compare them to NPC shop prices. For example, if a Vulcaline costs 8K at an NPC shop, but costs 10K at a player shop, then you know it's a bad deal to buy from that person. For weapons and armor, this is a bit harder to gauge, but generally if a weapon is between 40-50% on its element, its value will skyrocket. Same thing goes with grinds on gun and techer weapons, but not so much on melee weapons. If you see an item with near 50% or 10/10 on it, expect it to be worth millions. Of course, you can always do what I did and try negotiating trades (there's a trade section on the forums), although I don't suggest doing this until you can efficiently hunt rare and in-demand items on your own, or get into synthing/grinding.

Ever since AotI came out, and I'm sure even more so now, the value of items will diminish over time as newer, more powerful items are released. A lot of people use this to their advantage when they manage to receive one of these new items; if it's something they don't want, they'll immediately sell it for a high price, knowing that there will be potential buyers, and then wait until that item floods the market and diminishes in value so they can easily get it back when it becomes cheaper. This tends to happen most when there are events or large updates going on. This also causes once-rare items to suddenly become much easier to obtain due to drop and luck increases, as well as general price decreases in player shops if they're not the best item of their type anymore.