PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Funny Moment at pick up!

Dracos
Sep 14, 2010, 04:03 PM
So I just got back from gamestop to pick up my copy of PSP2 and when I get there the guy asked if I was there for pick up and I said ya. Then he asked if I had an ID and I said ya, but I'm not here for Halo, I don't like halo. He agreed with me and the Halo fans behind me were disgusted when I said that. hahahaha

Velinus
Sep 14, 2010, 04:05 PM
Did you make sure none of them followed you home? Halo fans can be scary..

usonica
Sep 14, 2010, 04:08 PM
lol you mean there were fans that didn't go to the midnight launch?!

DarkPhoton
Sep 14, 2010, 04:09 PM
I had a run in with a halo fan. He kept going on and on about it. I told him I didn't like FPS and he started yelling at me, calling me an idiot, and saying I wasn't a hardcore gamer. I laughed at him and called him a nub :D

ashley50
Sep 14, 2010, 04:11 PM
Never pick-up a game that has the same release date as Halo.

OriginalB
Sep 14, 2010, 04:13 PM
I laugh when hardcore FPS players are like "Pfft. You play some fantasy game while I'm off being a [tough guy] and blowing peoples heads off. That's cool! I'm a man!"

No, sir. You are just another guy in his mom's basement.

GUARDIANDNL
Sep 14, 2010, 04:13 PM
So I just got back from gamestop to pick up my copy of PSP2 and when I get there the guy asked if I was there for pick up and I said ya. Then he asked if I had an ID and I said ya, but I'm not here for Halo, I don't like halo. He agreed with me and the Halo fans behind me were disgusted when I said that. hahahaha

...fans.........

......they are a lot scary

DarkPhoton
Sep 14, 2010, 04:16 PM
Yup. I just hate people that judge all together. Fighting game fans can be just as bad, I play Street fighter 4 online. Heaven forbid someone mentions tekken.

Bou
Sep 14, 2010, 04:17 PM
I had a run in with a halo fan. He kept going on and on about it. I told him I didn't like FPS and he started yelling at me, calling me an idiot, and saying I wasn't a hardcore gamer. I laughed at him and called him a nub :D
Same thing happened to me last year when i told some bloke i didn't like FPS......except my experience got a little violent:-P

usonica
Sep 14, 2010, 04:18 PM
I wish I could go, just to talk some smack, but I'll I would get back is " oh she's a girl, she doesn't plays games, just mario party" lol

DarkPhoton
Sep 14, 2010, 04:20 PM
My fiance has gone off on people for that. She plays games almost as often as I do.

UberRottweiler
Sep 14, 2010, 05:00 PM
I like old school hardcore FPS (Doom, Quake, Unreal, etc), In my opinion Halo is way too overrated, I dare to say I like Halo 1, but for some reason Halo 3 didnt impress me. Lol I had a violent encounter with a Halo fanboy, I was playing Left 4 Dead 2 in one of my friends house and then one of his friends arrived and told us; "L4D is for n00bz play Halo its the best FPS ever made", I told him in a civilzed manner that I did not consider Halo the best FPS ever made and Halo is overrated, I told him that I like older FPS over modern FPS anyway, and he pushed me I pushed back the it became a brawl. Fanboys are and always will be fanboys, I'm a FPS fan but I am not a jerk.

Titan200
Sep 14, 2010, 05:06 PM
My friend likes Halo, but he never reacts like that if someone said they did not like Halo. ._.

UberRottweiler
Sep 14, 2010, 05:10 PM
My friend likes Halo, but he never reacts like that if someone said they did not like Halo. ._.

Cool at least your friend tolerate and respects other people's opinion. But unfortunately I know many crazy fanboys who will "kill the infidels".

Ethateral
Sep 14, 2010, 05:12 PM
My boyfriend lovesloveslovesloves Halo. I tell him straight to his face, "I don't like it. It's overrated". I like Gears of War however, go figure. I've never had more than dirty stares by fanboys (like today when I went to reserve Sonic COLORS). The guys at Gamestop know me and know which games I play (scary that they remember my full name too). There were about 5 guys behind me waiting. I made a point to say "Nope, I'm not here t pick up GAYLO. I'm here to just put down a reserve. =)" Disgruntled noises were made as I said that. <3

UberRottweiler
Sep 14, 2010, 05:15 PM
My boyfriend lovesloveslovesloves Halo. I tell him straight to his face, "I don't like it. It's overrated". I like Gears of War however, go figure. I've never had more than dirty stares by fanboys (like today when I went to reserve Sonic COLORS). The guys at Gamestop know me and know which games I play (scary that they remember my full name too). There were about 5 guys behind me waiting. I made a point to say "Nope, I'm not here t pick up GAYLO. I'm here to just put down a reserve. =)" Disgruntled noises were made as I said that. <3

At least they didnt have torches and pitchforks ready to use them (on you) lol.

DreXxiN
Sep 14, 2010, 05:21 PM
Cool story, bro.

Alexandria
Sep 14, 2010, 05:22 PM
I had something like that happen. I went to Gamestop to pick up my copy of Aion, which was the same day as ODST. They dude at the counter had to double take a second after I said I wanted Aion. XD

Ken_Silver
Sep 14, 2010, 05:27 PM
If you're a man and you don't play Halo/Call of Duty/Bloody Game # 30, something is wrong with you....

And I don't want to be right. I play my Mario games, I play my Sonic games, I play my Star Fox, Metroid, Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, NBS Streetball, Fight Night,World of Warcraft, Dynasty Warriors, Fable, Phantasy Star games and I like it.

You know why? Because I play what I like and screw the people who feel otherwise.

It's sad to be blind to just one series and say that those who don't play it is bad.

I just don't do that.

BIG OLAF
Sep 14, 2010, 05:28 PM
The Gamestop my friend and I went to was pretty empty. Maybe one or two people in there besides us (both picking up Reach, of course). The guy behind the counter looked out of breath, and he told us that he wasn't sure where their shipment of PSP2 games were at, because he said that it had been hectic all day due to the rabid Halo fans rushing them at the midnight launch and this morning.

On a side note, we got lucky yet again! Last year there were only two copies of PSZ laying around, and this year there were only two unreserved copies of PSP2! We always seem to barely get away with our games. Such is the life of a Phantasy Star player, I suppose.

Nidramag
Sep 14, 2010, 05:38 PM
People kept asking me why I was so excited about the 14th, and then at a point they all concluded it was halo reach... I told them I hated Halo, they thought I was being stupid.

DarkPhoton
Sep 14, 2010, 05:50 PM
Tell them "Halo is for casuals." See what they do XD

Nidramag
Sep 14, 2010, 05:51 PM
Halo is for casuals.

Dracos
Sep 14, 2010, 05:59 PM
Hahahaha, I like everyones input so far. But ya it was pretty funny the guy had his friend with him behind him to like, I dunno, back him up on liking halo or somthin, but just to edge him on I said, I don't play Halo, I play Gears. Then he tried to make gagging noises and talk some other trash that I ignored. It was funny too because the people who work at the gamestop know me and were agreeing with me. But I really don't care what games people play, it doesn't really effect me emotionally like the halo lover I ran into today.

kongajinken
Sep 14, 2010, 06:11 PM
Halo isn't a bad game, but it's highly overrated.

Typestatic
Sep 14, 2010, 06:19 PM
This thread made me giggle... maybe a bit too much ^^;

DarkPhoton
Sep 14, 2010, 06:21 PM
Someone talks smack about my marvel Vs Capcom 2 and all hell breaks loose D:<

I jest of course. But everyone has that one game that they love more then any other. For me it's a toss up between Phantasy Star and the game mentioned earlier.

Argroh Valdios
Sep 14, 2010, 06:25 PM
I walked in, couple of guys at the store, the girl was there, I asked for a pickup, she assumed it was Reach, I then said PSPo2, showed her the pre-order receipt, and luckly, they had it, after believing that they wouldn't get it till tomorrow.

FANCY THAT!

kongajinken
Sep 14, 2010, 06:29 PM
I walked in, couple of guys at the store, the girl was there, I asked for a pickup, she assumed it was Reach, I then said PSPo2, showed her the pre-order receipt, and luckly, they had it, after believing that they wouldn't get it till tomorrow.

FANCY THAT!

Congrats

Dracos
Sep 14, 2010, 11:50 PM
Playing through Halo's campaign was a turn off for me, very long, very boring

gratefulgriz
Sep 15, 2010, 12:36 AM
ha, that's a great post. I hope you enjoy your PS experience! Phantasy Star has been my favorite for years and years!

Dracos
Sep 15, 2010, 12:42 AM
ha, that's a great post. I hope you enjoy your PS experience! Phantasy Star has been my favorite for years and years!

I will indeed, been looking forward to this game for a while now, like most people on here. A better PSU version of the game and free online?!?! You bet imma have a good time.

Sha Sha
Sep 15, 2010, 12:53 AM
The Lady who works at my local gamestop CALLED ME PERSONALLY to pick up the game xD
im like YESHHH!
She had it ready for me it was awesome
then again us being like the only female gamers that we know of in our town helps a little.

Dracos
Sep 15, 2010, 01:02 AM
The Lady who works at my local gamestop CALLED ME PERSONALLY to pick up the game xD
im like YESHHH!
She had it ready for me it was awesome
then again us being like the only female gamers that we know of in our town helps a little.

Haha thats cool, same thing for me. I was there earlier to pick it up, and the manager knows me but he said it wasn't here so when I get home he calls to tell me to come back and get it.

GeoSword
Sep 15, 2010, 01:05 AM
Mine went a little like this:

Buddy IM'ed me to pick up PSP2.

Went to GameStop.

Waited almost 30 minutes in line (mind you I was on my way to work).

When I finally got the front, the guy said "I'm sure you're here to pick up Halo?..."

I said "Pffffft...NO! Don't be stupid. I'm here for Phantasy-Star-Portable-Twoooo."

The guy is like "Ahhh." and got the game from the back, nice and sealed and packaged without the crappy glue-based stickers and stuff.

The guy asked me about how the game works, so I explained to him the basics and mentioned Battle Mode.

He told me he played PSO since version 1 and played some of PSU. Took a deep breath.

He returned his copy of LOLHALO and got Phantasy Star Portable 2 and a shiny new PSP. Halo fans repulsed at the sight of him doing that.

Everybody won.

Dracos
Sep 15, 2010, 01:12 AM
HAHAHAHAAHHAHA AMAZING story, you have a gift for spreading the love of Phantasy Star huh?

Tyreek
Sep 15, 2010, 01:19 AM
Was quite casual. This lovely girl at Gamestop rang me up and tried to guess what I was gonna pick up for preorder. The first thing she said was Reach, which I quickly said "Nope!" The next thing she said was Professor Layton, which made me die inside in a good way. She was stumped after that. Was quite cute though. After checking the preorder, she picked it up for me with quite a surprise in her voice. She did mention the new God of War game that I should consider preordering, which made my ears raise up. I have not played God of War, but I know and saw first hand how awesome each game is. I would play that over Halo anytime.

Typestatic
Sep 15, 2010, 01:31 AM
He returned his copy of LOLHALO and got Phantasy Star Portable 2 and a shiny new PSP. Halo fans repulsed at the sight of him doing that.

Everybody won.

O Geo, you're quite the wise one XD

WildSevenBlue
Sep 15, 2010, 01:50 AM
Soo as soon as my Structural Geology class let out i rushed over to the gamestop near my college hoping that they would receive the shipment before i got there .... as soon as i walked in i noticed that both the guys in there were completely wired off of the red bull cases that were strung all over the floor.... ignoring their conversation bout how wild the "REACH" midnight release was and how one of the employees had ready beaten reach .... (which i find hard to believe) i walked over to the psp game section and noticed that psp2 wasnt there .... i then proceed to ask one of the employees if they had gotten their shipment in yet .... the guy told me that they should have it by 12pm .... i replied .... I'll be back! as i walked out the door over to my car .... Brown decided to show up to the scene .... aka UPS .... i sit on the trunk of my car and watch the man pile boxes upon boxes on to his push cart and then watched him cart it all the way into gamestop ... BINGO ..... the shipment has arrived .... i decided to wait until the UPS guy left the store and then i walked back in and said that i need two copies of psp2 ... the guy asked me if i was gunna sell the other one on ebay .... i was like no .... im picking one up for a friend cuz i know that online isnt gunna be set up yet ..... after that i proceed to my friends house being the bearer of good fortune and handed over his copy of psp2 and we proceed to play ad hoc party .... all was good in the world THE END

Mikura
Sep 15, 2010, 02:12 AM
It's nice hearing all these stories and realizing I wasn't the only one that had to deal with Halo fanboys. lol My Gamestop was freaking packed with everyone picking up their pre-order of Reach...Had to wait in line about 10 minutes at least. When I got up to the counter and asked the guy if they had PSP2, he had no clue if they even had the game and had to look it up on their computer. I was shocked at first when he said they had sold out, but he paused for a minute and said they just got a new shipment in today and he went behind the store to check. I couldn't help but smile when he came back a couple of minutes later with a box in his hands and sure enough, there was just 2 copies of PSP2 in the box. The rest was Halo Reach of course. lol I felt like I timed it just right because no doubt with only 2 copies, they would've sold out again by the end of the day.