PDA

View Full Version : Kyrith's second RP, name as of yet unknown

Pages : [1] 2

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 15, 2010, 06:00 PM
obviously OOC: seeing as Dark System is beginning to draw to its end, I have another story-line oriented RP ready to begin. with no name as of yet, i give you *drum roll* the basic plot description in diary form, keep in mind, i want the reasoning behind most of this a mystery so, expect the back story to be explained as we go.

The world is in chaos, or rather... was in chaos. There's not enough of us alive anymore for there to be chaos save for when our colonies are found and snuffed out one by one by those sadistic beasts. It's not looking good for the human race, and the saddest part is, when I die here, I won't even know the reason why myself and so many others had to face this horrible catastrophe. They show up one day and begin their slaughter. There's no reason behind this massacre that I can see, and I'll never know it if there is, I certainly hope someone reads this, at least it proves that i existed.... at least i know the year to sign this with, its practically my last grasp to the humanity that was here before me.

2087, I'm assuming it's winter, that's when snow falls right?

OOC: what did you think of my diary entry thingy there?

He looked around and surveyed what was probably about 70 years ago a thriving city, but what was now emptiness... everywhere. "well, looks like nothings coming, my scouting shift is over now anyway" he walked back to the empty apartment complex he and a few others lived in and told them the same boring news that they gave everyday. The rest of them always seemed so scared of what might be out there, but he had no fear, he had no reason to fear anything, he had never seen one of the monsters before and therefore had never known the fear they ensued.

OOC: can at least a few of you be the other people in this building that I'm in? its better if we start together at least a few of us. and another comment, keep in mind that this has no relation to PS games and don't bring in points that are important to other video games but not most things, Seth, it was fine to tie in KH to Dark System, but for this let's keep away from that kind of thing.

EDIT: we can start now, but please read these question answer things first and ask more questions if you have them.

Freeze
Sep 15, 2010, 08:11 PM
Couple of things before I jump in. What planet is this based on? What's the current level of technology? Has it continued to develope, stalled or recessed to a more primitive form. I'd hate to introduce a character for example carrying a laser gun when they either didn't exist or no longer exist. Also do we get to know what these beasts look like or is that for later in the RP, also are they intellegent or just animal like?

Sord
Sep 15, 2010, 08:22 PM
OOC: Diary entry bit is ok, since diaries are usually just thoughts. City description, it's 70 years and empty, that's pretty damn vague. Could use a crap ton more interesting details, especially for an opener that is starting the setting.

It's 70 years in the future and we have beasts running around, though apparently this starter guy hasn't seen 'em. So do we assume the city is just in standstill, mostly untouched, with maybe weed and vine plant life starting to over run? Or is most of it destroyed and in rubble? Is it an industrial mass of rusted and dilapidated factories with half their windows broken out like rotting teeth, or an eerily disturbing art district with empty parks, museums, and lost history? Etc. You know, just some good details, even if not super relevant to actions that take place.

Also the stuff Freeze asked would be nice to know to.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 16, 2010, 02:44 PM
OOC: ok, ill try to answer stuff,
the cities are not too broken down, there is rubble and decay, but there are vines and such growing over the buildings.

The technology of the time was mostly modern and stopped advancing when the "event" occurred 70 or so years ago. We still have technology of the modern age, but not that much, so we can have guns and stuff but there isn't much ammo around so most of the close range weapons such as metal pipes and logs and that kind of improv weapon, and the occasional sword.

And about the things being animal-like, the monsters (they also are with the humanoid things) are animal like because there pretty much just animals. The humanoid ones are a bit more of a mystery though, ill explain later. The humanoid beasts look somewhat zombie like (grey skin, large eyes etc etc) but aren't decayed like zombies, the monster-like animals are generally vainy and are fourlegged for the most part and are primarily about 3 ft tall

The planets not based on much, just a world but it's not very big compared to Earth.

i hope this helped a bit, ask more questions, i know this didnt answer even close to everything you want to know, so ask away, i want you to be informed.

Sord
Sep 16, 2010, 03:25 PM
All OOC again.

This might sound kinda reviewish but I just want to make sure I have things straight. It's 2087, but the actual "event" that started the downfall occurred about 70 years ago, meaning the tech development would stop back around 2017. I assume this setting has a developmental timeline similar to our own, as in our expected tech in 2017 is pretty much the same as the people's would be in the story during 2017.

So 70 years later, after this major city emptying catastrophe it would be safe to assume major electrical and water plants are no longer running. So there's pretty much going to be no easily ran electronics unless we salvage some batteries, which are probably rare in themselves because most have probably been looted from stores and warehouses now, and any left open to the elements would be long corroded by now. There are no major communication networks, all the businesses operating satellite networks and probably even radio towers are shut down. The best you could probably hope for is to come across some walkie-talkies and batteries. All this means that any resources like clean water, power sources like remaining batteries, food (whether raided from remaining buildings or actually grown,) and medical equipment would be highly prized and protected.

Since this is seventy years later, we're probably at the very least two generations away from back when things were "civilized." Though most I would think probably 3-4 or so is more likely and the 5th generation is currently being born. I base this on the idea that most people seem to have their first kids around their 20s. Only older folk would really be from that 2nd generation (born twenty years post-calamity, 2037ish) assuming anyone born in that period is alive as obviously our health care is out the fucking window with hospitals deserted and I would assume most medical supplies raided.

Since we're so many generations down the line, it can also be assumed most people probably don't know how to read unless their parents taught them. This also means few people would be able to learn the history of what happened even if they came across a book or newspaper covering it. This also means most people are probably ignorant of what advanced tech can do or how to use, repair, or fix it because stuff like manuals, assuming they could be found, would not be able to be read and unless people were taught by their parents how to use it are probably ignorant of it, or the manuals are the "stupid proof," type with pictures. Basically, our tech is probably limited to the strictly mechanical at this point, unless the people in our groups happen to be readers.

Am I correct in my assertions thus far or are there differences.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 16, 2010, 04:12 PM
that's pretty much right, but an okay amount of people still were taught basic reading as childen throughout this time, but maybe only about 40 percent or so.

Sord
Sep 16, 2010, 04:46 PM
Rorick (roar-ick) nodded as he listened to the younger man's report. Nothing had been spotted, and no news was good news in these times. Still, Rorick was unsettled by the young man's apparent lack of enthusiasm in his job. The boy had been blessed with ignorance thus far in his life, for he had not witnessed the horrible atrocities that awaited mankind outside the camp's range.

Rorick was not so lucky, he was an older member of this group, and he showed it. His beard and mustache were quite lengthy, growing into one another. Flecked with speckles of grey in the deep black, like soft stars in the night. Wrinkles were beginning to etch themselves onto his face, and his eyes seemed to be sunk in with weariness. Rorick had not been born into this group. He was initially from the farmlands further south, and in his younger years had fled to the fabled cities that the people of his old settlement talked about. Towers and skyscrapers stretching to the sky, packed with tools, weapons, and tech that could survive the ages. But no one ever ventured out, it was dangerous. Those things out there could get you, kill you, probably eat you, or whatever sick things they might do with your corpse. Rorick didn't like thinking about it.

When he was young and brash he had decided to seek out the city to the North. Everyone told him not to, it was to dangerous, he'd never make it, the beasts would get him. Rorick didn't listen, he was young, invincible, prideful, stupid. Surely he'd make it! Lord, he wished he had listened to his elders. He managed to make it the the city, barely. He was found heavily wounded and nearly bleeding to death when a troupe of city dwellers came upon him. They used what little medical supplies they had to keep him alive, and nursed him back to health. For this he was eternally grateful, and when his dreams of the city were shattered, finding them empty and raided bare many years ago, he decided to stick with the city dwellers and aid them as best he could in return for their kindness. Being a rural farm boy by nature, Rorick had taken over the farm duties, managing a small plot of land that was once a park. Upon this he grew some of the group's fresher food, and boiled the water from the lake to make it clean and safe to drink.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 16, 2010, 04:50 PM
OOC: awesome character intro, Sord.

OOC2: i can't think of a name, when i do ill start using it, that's why ill be using pronouns a lot for now, so bear with me.

Sord
Sep 16, 2010, 05:20 PM
OOC: awesome character intro, Sord.

OOC2: i can't think of a name, when i do ill start using it, that's why ill be using pronouns a lot for now, so bear with me.

OCC: ok, just give us some sort of description or something with your next story related post for now (if you have a description anyways,) maybe my character and others could give him a nick name to use for now based off of it. Or even pm someone a description, and have it told from another character's perspective if you wanted to do that. Would enable you to break stuff up that way to, rather than having your character's entire description written out like a police report, spread it out between your own posts and other characters perceiving your character.

Edit: Unless you want to send me an outline or notes or something, I'll pretty much be letting your character sort of lead the story, since you're the only one that knows where you want this to go. I dunno if your guy wants to go runnin off adventuring, or if you're gonna have our group ambushed and force us to move on to a different locale or what, but for major plot stuff like that I'll be waiting on you to post about it. I won't be the one calling any major plot shifts unless you ask me to.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 16, 2010, 06:24 PM
(thoughts of one of the elders living with us): "He's but a boy now, being only 25 years in age. I don't know why, but I can tell that this boy with the yellow browned hair will be of great importance in events to come, i guess I really don't, but he's one of the few young ones left around here. He's truly average though, average height weight *chuckles to self* well average as far as half starved people go. He's strong, emotionally and physically, but he is still innocent, he hasn't seen the horrors. I'm afraid I probably won't be there when he does either, oh how I love you Yestal, the closest thing I ever had to a boy of my own."

OOC: i thot of a name pretty quickly, Yestal is his name.

Yestal walked over to the elder and sat down by his side: "how's it going campside? you keepin your strength up?"

Elder: "only as much strength as an old man could have" *they both chuckled*'
Yestal: "good to hear it, now do we have anything we gotta do today? at all... ever?"
Elder: "you should be happy to hear no, if we did that would be bad news"

Sord
Sep 16, 2010, 07:01 PM
OOC: good name, reminds me of Gestalt, fun little bit of psychology

Rorick, having given his report of the crops to the elder shortly before Yestal had arrived, was present to hear the greetings exchanged between the boy and the elder.

"The Elder is right Yestal, you don't want to know what's out there. Your ignorance is your bliss. But if you really want something to do, you could always come help me with the crops."

Rorick smiled halfheartedly, he did not expect the boy to actually agree. Farming was boring work for most. Tending to the weeds that never seemed to stop growing, digging ditches to irrigate the water from the lake, cutting down and burning crops that managed to become diseased or infested with insects. Year after year, hardly changing. But it was good, honest work, that everyone could benefit from. It also kept him in shape and good health.

psofan219
Sep 16, 2010, 07:20 PM
OOC: What better way to enter an RP like this...

Usually I play the silent and shady type of character, but this time, I'm going for a more... bad-ass kind of approach. My first time though, so bear with me if some things I say/do in the future don't quite fit the personality. Getting tired of using the same personality each RP. What fun is that? :P

"Look at this dump." He said as he ventured through what was once a very lively city. "I'd be surprised to find anyone living here, given these beasts running rampant." He looked behind him to make sure he wasn't being pursued by anything, and when he returned his attention to the direction he was walking in, he was attacked by one of these beasts. Knocked to the ground, the beast immediately went for his throat, but he was able to grab it by the throat and keep it at bay before it sank its fangs in him. As he fought with the beast, he was eventually able to overpower it, but as he threw it off of him its claws dug into him, causing numerous scratch wounds along his arm. He drew his katana to drive off the creature, but it drove forward, determined to kill him. As it raced towards him, he thrust his katana into the head of the beast, stopping it cold, its lifeless body eventually sliding off the sword, leaving it coated in blood. "Shouldn't mess with things that are twice your size." He spat at the corpse, then continued through the city, hoping to find someone who wasn't a murderous, blood-thirsty beast.

Sord
Sep 16, 2010, 07:57 PM
ooc: You've got to be kidding me. Even if the setting were in Japan, an actual, sharp katana that's not one of those crappy blunt ones on display would be incredibly rare just to begin with, let alone 70 years down the line when most things have been raided by people or destroyed by the savages of time. If guns and ammo are already scarce, something that is incredibly freaking prominent in today's society (unless you live in a poor country or one with strong gun control) what the hell would be the chances of finding an already rare and valuable sword still in pristine sharp condition? Maybe a combat knife (or any conventional knife really) tied to a metal pole for a spear, or hell, even just a sharpened metal pole, seems about 50 times more likely. Then there is the fact it is the most overused "badass" weapon. EVER. More of a joke nowadays, an epitome of a bad cliché.

NeonaPulsar
Sep 16, 2010, 09:20 PM
OOC: Wow... can you guys type a story. I feel like... like i'd be out of step in here. I mean you can throw in great detail, emotions, and thoughts.

Well... *smiles* ... no better place to learn then. I will see if i can keep up, and try to post with as much detail as you guys. But for now... An explaination. As to why Neona, will take the window seat in this RP. Keep in mind that this in in a " OOC: " not not really part of the story, but I found would be nice to explain and have fun. Also, i can try and practice typing in details.

(Not very good at spelling, so bare with me)

~~~

Walking through a dead emtpy, but still vibrant city, deep in the GapRealm. Sky scrapers stod tall, their windows glising in the mid-afternoon sun. The streets were clean, the vareis shops awake, with their neon sighs, shining bright. But, a calm, emtpy feeling, as no-one exsited in here.

Neona continued to walk down the streets center, glancing here and there, in mild bordom. After a while of event-less walking she reached her destination, in the citys center. It was a large, crcular building, more or less looking like a dome. The curved walls were vained by blue and pink strips, colors fading in and out of each-other, turning at right angles to look like a curcet board. She gave little pause, then continued inside.

There was not much to look at. 12 pilars held up the dome, the floor, a shiny glass to smooth stone underneith. The glass was also vained, the same as outside. The vains angled there way to a large crcular pedistal, sitting in the center of the room. Floating silently over it, a huge, sphere, made up of countless "screens" each watching a different worlds story unfold.

Neona seemed, and looked a bit excited. This time, insted of going to partisipate in a worlds story, she would kick back and watch one, something she wanted to do for a while now. Like a movie and a vacation. She hurried her pase towards the sphere and jumped into it. She centured herself in the middle, on the pedistals floor, and the sphere's base. She looked at all the different glimes of worlds and stories. Then... one caught her eye. She guestured to it and it came to float in front of her.

She settled her self and scaned through it, before finding a suitible character to follow, and watch their story unfold...

~~~

OOC: Well, it fits into my side at least. I like it. But character ideas... i'm a little short of them, for places that don't have anything, uquie about them. (ie, no casts, newmans, magic, techs, ect. :-? )

Well, if you have any ideas, I'd be happy to hear them. They might help in character ideas. I can think up a name, so don't worry about that.

Freeze
Sep 16, 2010, 09:32 PM
The broken shards of glass crunched with each step of the leather boots as the tall dark haired man made his way down the alley way stalking his prey. While most of the windows had long been broken away on the building a few sheltered by surrounding building did remain or at least pieces of them remained. He wore a tight fitting leather jacket, home made of course, and matching gloves. He had a long sword strapped to his back, which had been passed down through his family for generations and while it had been well cared for it was starting to show it's age. Around one arm was slung a bow and the quiver containing freshly made arrows was slung around the other. He looked down at the broken glass then up to the window it had come from.

"You can't get away that easily." He smirked.

He stepped up to the alley way door and gave it a shove. The rusty hinges squeeled under the strain and the hunter winced at the noise. His prey now knew he was close. He stepped inside and turned to the stair well that would take him to the second floor. Nothing had been this way in a very long time. He quietly crept up the stairs and entered the second floor hallway. The old build used to serve as apartments long ago but now served as dens for the various beasts wandering the city. He proceeded two doors down to the room with the freshly broken window. The door was still closed which ment the odds were very good the creature was still inside. He pulled his sword and twisted the knob. It broke off in his hand. He simply shrugged then slammed the door with his shoulder. It splintered apart and he charged into the room. The beast growled back from the corner it was hiding in. A trail of blood ran from the broken window to the beasts leg. The hunter mearly shrugged then charged with sword leading. The beast tried to escape but it's wounded leg made it too slow. The sword drove into the animals side piercing it's heart. The hunter waited to make sure it was dead before scooping it up.
"This should go around the camp well." He smiled and headed back towards the human settlement.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 16, 2010, 09:46 PM
OOC: @Neona: what is the gap realm? please don't add too much supernatural magic stuff. also, what was that thing at the end with the peoples stories?

(its daytime right now) Yestal walked outside toward the farm and then saw somewhat off in the distance a moving black spot he looked at Rorick: "what is that... it's coming closer, is that one of the beasts!!??"

The humanoid beast drew nearer and then pulled out a metal club and then signaled over to a different area that Yestel couldn't see. The beast attacked them and Yestal ran for the camp (im assuming Rorick does too) Yestal ran inside and yelled to the camp: "it's here, one of them is here!"

psofan219
Sep 16, 2010, 10:06 PM
OOC: Well, as Freeze put in his post, it could've been passed down through his family for generations, or he even could've raided it himself.

NeonaPulsar
Sep 16, 2010, 10:42 PM
OOC: The thing about stories. The room Neona is in, is a place where she can look into other dimension. Stories, is what i'm refering to as the lives that happen in those other places.

And you have nothing to worry about Kyrith. The GapRealm is the dimension between everything, and Neona's home. But its not in the story, per-say. My plan was, and is, to have Neona pick a person/character to follow in this RP, as in watch, which i will play as, so you don't have to worry about techs or magic from Neona.

"ie." I am going to play a different character. I just wanted to to have Neona start me off. She won't really be in this RP.

I still can't think of anybody to play as. I guess this RP is so close to real life, or what it could be,(no magic stuff) that my mind is blank. XD

Sord
Sep 16, 2010, 10:44 PM
OOC: @Neona: what is the gap realm? please don't add too much supernatural magic stuff. also, what was that thing at the end with the peoples stories?

OSS: yeah, assume I do. I have no problem with minor control of my character so long as he's not made to do anything grossly out of place. Having to say "Rorick follows the party," or some such nonsense every time is repetitive and silly.

OSS: Also, Neona isn't adding any magic to the story per se. Her character is watching the events that unfold on our world, our story, from an outside magical realm. What's happening at the end is her focus on our world is shifting to a single person within our story, probably the character she will introduce whenever she thinks of something. Thus far Neona isn't interfering with what is happening at all, just observing.

OSS: @Neona, as for character ideas, not entirely sure what we have for any sort of support character we have. A doctor type person that managed to find some medical texts or something might be useful, there's no healer or real support in the group so far. Freeze and psofan appear to be fighters (also freeze has bow, so yay for long ranged,) Yetal is young but we don't really know much about his character, my guy knows how to live off the land so he's more of a survivalist. If the story ever moves into the city directly we'll probably want someone who can figure out how to use tech.

@psofan, Yeah, but at least it's not a god damn cliche that's more rare than a general sword. Whatever, use what you like, it's not my place to say. I won't push the matter any further than just to say I don't like it.

----------------

Rorick roared at everyone in the building, hoping to grab everyone's attention, hopefully those even in another room. "Everyone able to fight, grab something that can be used as a weapon! Everyone else head up stairs to the roof, close and lock the doors behind you if you can. Make sure you lay down once you're up there so they can't see you. Everyone who can grab a weapon and fight guard the entrance to the building, it's a choke point, we'll use it to our advantage!"

Turning to Yetal, Rorick could only grimace. He hated the idea the man would see a day such as this. "You wanted something to do boy, you got your damn wish." Rorick handed one of the two shovels he was bringing to the farm to dig irrigation ditches with to Yetal.

"That's the sharpened one, used a rock to flatten it's edge just yesterday. If you ever knock one of these bastards on the ground, drive it into their damn necks with all the strength you can muster, sever it clean off. Me, I'll just have to bash their brains in."

Rorick went back outside to the entrance, staring at where the beast was. A mix of fear and anger could be seen on his face. He waited for it to do something, his shovel at the ready.

-----------

edit oss: derp, looks like neona beat me to it

NeonaPulsar
Sep 16, 2010, 11:53 PM
OOC: So... techs can be discovered? If so, I may have an idea. What say you Kyrith?

... if not, then its back to the drawing board. *Readies drawing paper*

Nitro Vordex
Sep 17, 2010, 12:00 AM
"Dammit, I am sick of having to stay up here. I need to go looking for a new camp." Frustrated and nearly at wit's end, the man heaved a great sigh, his rather broad shoulders rising and falling. He was trying to write something down on a wall, with a marker that he had managed to find underneath some rubble. The wall itself used to be what appeared to be concrete, though the wall was rather shabby, and a couple vines grew through some of the cracks in the wall. The man, with a sweeping motion, moved a vine that had fallen in his way. He seemed to have an air of stability, and his motions were smooth, like those of a martial artist. He himself, however, was not terribly fit. He had become skinny, and a lot of bone shone through his frame. He wasn't terribly tall, maybe 5'8" on a good day, and his cropped hair made the eyebrows on his forehead seem huge. The dark sunken eyes moved rapidly, even though all he was doing was writing what seemed to be a journal log...almost as if he were reliving what else had happened.

" Month, unknown. Year, 2087 (?). Those damned creatures are trying to surround the building. I only have once chance to get out of here alive, using everything I can from this rubble. There's various pieces of metal lying around, and I believe that I found what looked like to be an old revolver. It seems that it doesn't work, however, and there's no bullets anywhere. I don't think my fighting is going to help me much, though all I can do is hope. There seems to be an old metal pipe, and it's well balanced. I may be able to use it as a blunt weapon, one of my colleagues said that it's similar to something called a staff. He showed me how to use it in general before he was dragged down by those monsters. Those damn things. I need to get these records and books to a new group, if I can. Maybe we can reconstruct someday. I don't expect to survive this, but if I do, I hope I'll live long enough to see the beginning of this nightmare's end. I leave tomorrow morning. It may be the last sunrise I see...jeez, I've hung around that Hardy way too long. I don't think there's any places to go I think I saw someone walking in the distance. He didn't seem to be too far...I hope I can make it.
Ayric Smith(?) "

Ayric sighed, and tucked the marker back into his cargo pants. Maybe he could use it later, if it wasn't too dry. He readjusted his sweatshirt and sat down in the corner, ready to rest for his trek the next day.

Edit: That is a current time event.

Seth Astra
Sep 17, 2010, 12:14 AM
A man snuck through the empty streets, alone. Hiding behind every piece of debris he could, he moved onwards at a relatively slow pace. It was a small price to pay for what little safety could be gained. In his right hand, he held a carved wooden spear. His left hand was empty, but clencthed tightly. Seeing a long strech of open road, he sighed. "Please don't let it be that kind of day again," he muttered. Quickly, he sprinted forward, glancing in every direction. Towards danger, hope, and perhaps escape from all that's haunted him these many years...

Freeze
Sep 17, 2010, 06:40 PM
The hunter checked the open street before proceeding. He knew very well the monsters regularly attacked people here. The rusted huskes of the former personal transports provided excellent hidding places for an ambush. He quickly headed for the center where he'd have the most room to defend against an attack. The camp was not far from here. He made his way down the street turning his head when ever he heard a noise. Things were quiet today. Much too quiet. He readjusted the animal carcas on his shoulders and hurried his pace.

Seth Astra
Sep 17, 2010, 11:08 PM
The man saw someone else and quickly dived behind a pile of rubble. Peaking out over it, he saw that the person was carrying an animal carcas, and had a bow and arrows with him. Although he did not think the hunter would attack him, the man clenched his improvised spear tightly none the less.

OOC: If it wasn't obvious, the hunter is Freeze's char.

Sagasu
Sep 18, 2010, 08:02 AM
Fern awoke.

The warm, dry earth surrounded her on all sides where she lay at the south end of the field, nestled between weedy rows of corn and still unripe tomatoes.
The sunlight of the midsummer was thin, barely piercing the veil of cloudstuff that swallowed the peaks of the tallest buildings.

Another scream, shouting and the sound of stampeding footfalls. She sat up, blinking, the air felt charged in a way she couldn't explain.
Caution kept her head low as she peered through the crops, vague silhouettes danced across the other side, but she could guess nothing of them..

..save that they were big, very big.

Fern swore profoundly and hefted the long handled rake that lay nearby. The worn wood was greying and deep cracks ran within it.

"Maybe it'll last" she said, frowning at it. Her heart was pounding, her stomach clutched.

"No more stalling, go girl, go." she whispered, delaying a moment longer by sweeping a long shock of flaxen hair behind one ear.

GO. She jumped up with her rake held high and ran for the low lying buildings at the north end.

Freeze
Sep 18, 2010, 04:19 PM
The hunter paused as he heard something shuffle from behind a rubble pile. He set the animal carcas down and drew his sword.
"Is some one there?" He called, "I won't hurt you but show yourself."
He paused for a second then began moving slowly toward the pile.
"If you're a monster then you're dead." He said softly.

Sord
Sep 18, 2010, 05:12 PM
OOC: @kyrith I took some major control of your character here, physically anyways, for the fight. Partially because since it's 2vs1 it would take forever for us both to respond with what our hits are plus what the monster does each time until its dead, and partially because I'm sitting here bored and wanted an excuse to type something bigger than a paragraph. If you don't like it I can always edit it to whatever and we continue from there.

------------

Rorick and Yestal stood their ground as the beast made up its mind to charge. Rorick grit his teeth, tensed his arms and steadied his shaking knees. It would be fine, it was two on one, they had the advantage... hopely this wouldn't go to bad.

The beast decided to attack Yestal, and angled his charge toward him. To his credit, he didn't budge. As the Beast neared him it raised it's club to swing down. As it did so Yestalt swung his shovel like a bat and hit the Beast's attacking arm as it swung down, knocking the blow to the side. At the same time Rorick moved behind the Beast to slam the flat of his shovel against the side of the monster's head.

The Beast stumbled to the side a little, slightly dazed from the blow. As Yestalt made for another swing, Rorick swung his own shovel low behind the monster's legs. The resulting force of Yestal slamming a blow on the front of the Beast's shoulder combined with Rorick's low sweep from behind tripped the monster onto it's back, hitting the concrete hard with a loud thud.

"Now! The head!" Rorick yelled.

Yestal jumped forward, to land with the Beast between his legs. As he landed he drove the shovel downward like a steak, ramming the sharp edge of his shovel into the neck. The strike was a bit off, but it made a huge gash going through the left side of the Beast's neck, causing a spray of blood to spill out onto the ground. Still alive, the Beast grabbed one of Yestal's legs with its free hand to try and trip him up and swung its weapon hand to beat Yestal's other leg with the club.

Yestal let out a grunt as the club hit his knee. He still stood though despite having one leg in a bind and the other being beat. Yestal began to repeatedly slam his shovel down into the monster's neck, panic pushing him from finally being struck and grabbed. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest and the frantic need to kill this thing consuming his mind. Rorick moved around the corpse and swung his shovel to knock the club out of the monster's hand. It flew from the monster's grasp easily enough and bounced and clanged along the concrete and then rolled off somewhere.

It wouldn't have been able to use it much longer anyway though, as by now Yestal had slammed the shovel into the Beast's neck enough that its spine had been cut. The body lay limp, its body slowly draining blood from the wounds at its neck. Yestal quit stabbing the shovel into the Beast and finally stepped away as the creature lost its grip. He stood several feet away, propping his shovel up to rest on it like a cane.

Rorick nodded to Yestal, "Yuh did a good job there boy. Handy things, shovels. How's your leg?"

Yestal gave a faint smile and spoke. "Heh, not to bad. Probably bruised, but that's it. How 'bout you old timer?"

Rorick gave his own half-hearted smile in return, and spoke with an edge of froced jest in his voice, "I'm just glad I have someone younger than me around to do this shit. Gettin to old," Rorick gave a friendly slap on Yetal's back in affirmation of this.

Rorick grimaced shortly after though, and the look around his eyes hardened, "That thing signaled to something back there though. Might be more coming, and we might not be so lucky with our numbers this time." Looking off towards the direction where the monster was first spotted, Rorick couldn't help but feel dread. After all this time the camp had finally been found by the beasts.

Sagasu
Sep 18, 2010, 05:28 PM
By the time Fern had crossed the field, it was already over. In a short and furious moment, The ol' man Rorick and Yestal had it on the ground and diced to ribbons before she could even muster up a good warcry.

The sound died in her throat and she slowed her pace, setting the rake to rest on her shoulder as she drew up to the two of them.

"I see you killed it" she said, somewhat affronted. "I suppose you didn't want anyone else getting a good whack at it!"

Rorick gave her a dark look, still breathing hard. Yestal nursed his leg, she felt her grin fade.

"Well, at least its the only one, yah? I thought I saw more shadows, but they seem to be gone now."

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 18, 2010, 07:12 PM
OOC: sorry i havent been here in a while, and please no techs. also, is there any chance we can make the posts shorter? im not saying to take out everything, just dont make em too big please.

OOC2: @sord, thats fine, whenever you feel the need, i encourage you to do that. also, im going to take a bit of control of your character so i can make this work

Yestal looked to the opening and his heart sank as he saw 4 more of the beasts walk in and set what they could ablaze. Rorick new there was nothing they could do to fight the beasts and grabbed yestal and said: "Yestal, there's no time and there stronger then us, come on!" They ran out of the building and tears began to fill Yestal's eyes because he knew they couldnt have saved the others they were staying with: "the closest person i ever had to a father... and the others too... now there gone.... Those beasts will pay"

OOC: i didnt write that all that greatly, sorry about that, but i don't think it was horrible.

Seth Astra
Sep 18, 2010, 08:54 PM
OOC: Yay! ANOTHER great author joins.

The man, on guard about anyone as always, drew his combat knife from the sheath on his belt. Cautiously, he backed away from the debris, trying to keep out of sight of the hunter. Holding his spear defensively, he was ready for the attack he was expecting.

Sord
Sep 18, 2010, 10:41 PM
OOC: sorry i havent been here in a while, and please no techs. also, is there any chance we can make the posts shorter? im not saying to take out everything, just dont make em too big please.

OOC2: @sord, thats fine, whenever you feel the need, i encourage you to do that. also, im going to take a bit of control of your character so i can make this work

OCC: As per the long posts, almost all of the ones thus far that could be considered long are intro posts, so that's kind of expected. I imagine that will die down once characters are described and fleshed out enough for their respective authors to be happy with it. As per me... I just like to write. Overwriting is just something I do, but I'll try to avoid doing to many really big posts. Also what others consider "big" I might find fairly average. Also, yeah, take control how and when you need to. The Rorick I had in mind probably would not have fled but fought to the death for those people and I would have just made another character, but I can deal with it and shape his personality accordingly.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 18, 2010, 10:55 PM
OOC: sorry about that, but we could say he felt like he had to protect Yestal

Sord
Sep 18, 2010, 11:05 PM
As Rorick ran he couldn't help but feel like a damn coward. Those people had saved his life years ago, and now he was turning their back on them. There was a small hope that perhaps the doors leading up to the roof would hold out. The door that actually exited to the roof itself was steel, supposedly to stop people from the past from breaking and entering. Still, they wouldn't be able to return here anytime soon, as the monsters would keep at it until they were sure their food was depleted. All he could do now was run, cry, and swallow his shame.

OOC: @kyrith also since your the leader of the RP and more or less the "railroader," make sure whenever you have us on the move like right now, that you specify where we are going. We're running away, but are we running further into the city? To the outskirts? To the farm? If you want us to wind up in the right locale and RP there, info about it would be nice.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 18, 2010, 11:10 PM
OOC: sorry about that, but we cant save those people, they're gutted alive by now. and we're running to take cover in a forest.

Freeze
Sep 18, 2010, 11:21 PM
The hunter heard something move away from the debrie pile. Not wanting to loose a potential prey he quickly skitted around the debrie with sword ready to strike. He paused then smiled slightly as he gazed upon a man holding a wooden spear ready to strike back.
"These streets are pretty dangerous to be wandering around alone friend." The hunter said lowering his sword, "Not all danger comes from the monsters."
He paused for a moment looking the man over then smiled and turned back towards his kill.

Sord
Sep 19, 2010, 01:03 AM
OOC: sorry about that, but we cant save those people, they're gutted alive by now. and we're running to take cover in a forest.

OOC: Whether they are alive or not really isn't the issue, but the idea that they might survive helps lessen the guilt Rorick feels. It's his way of dealing with running and the guilt it causes. I pretty much knew you wanted them dead and gone, which is why I shoved that last bit in there to say that he knew he wouldn't be coming back to save them (second-to-last sentence.) It's a non-issue.

Seth Astra
Sep 19, 2010, 02:49 PM
The man backed away from the hunter slowly. The hunter seemed to mean no harm, but the man had learned not to trust anyone. Never taking his eyes off the hunter, he continued to back away untill they were a good one hundred feet away, then turned and ran.

Freeze
Sep 19, 2010, 05:57 PM
The hunter looked over his shoulder as he watched the man run off. He smiled slightly and shook his head then turned back to his kill. He scooped up the kill and continued on to the human camp. As he approached the main gate he sensed something was wrong. The gate was wide open and there was no sign of activity. He set the animal carcas down and drew his sword as he causiously approached the opening. He slipped tight against the wall then slowly peeked through the gate. The sight before him was enough to make anyone sick. Several monsters were wandering around and munching on the dead bodies of the locals. For a moment he entertained the idea of charging in and slaughtering the monsters but common sense prevaled and he quietly backed away. He quickly gathered up his kill then retreated to the nearby forest where he could set up camp to clean and roast his kill.

Seth Astra
Sep 19, 2010, 06:40 PM
The man looked over his shoulder to see if the hunter had followed him. Satisfied that hunter had left, he turned back to where he was going. He just barely saw a pile of debris before he tripped over it. Getting up, he saw one of the monsters charging at him. It was humanoid in form, and extremely vicious. Climbing to his feet, he held his spear defensively, determined not to get killed. "You've survived five years alone. You can survive another brawl," he muttered reassuringly to himself. As the creature leaped at him, he sidestepped and bashed it with the side of the weapon. As it leaped at him again, he rased his spear, impaled it, and flipped it over him, before drawing his spear out. The creature wasn't finished, and charged at the man once more. Ducking a clawing strike, the man slipped behind it, kicked the creature in the back, then bashed it over the head with the spear. Just to be sure it, he drew out his combat knife and slit it's throat.

Freeze
Sep 19, 2010, 08:25 PM
The hunter set his kill down in a small wooded clearing then quickly gathered up wood for a fire and to make a makeshift spit for cooking meat. Using a small chunk of flint and a stone he quickly got a small fire burning. He pulled a small knife from his pocket and proceeded to skin and clean his kill. He put meat on the spit to cook then sat down on a fallen log. The smell of cooking meat gently floated on the soft breeze. There was always a possiblity that it would attrack hungery creatures but it was nothing the hunter couldn't handle. As his meal cooked he pulled a small book from his pocket. The leather cover had been recently replaced from the skin of a previous kill. The pages inside had turned yellow and brittle from extreme age and had to be handled very gently. The hunter knew every line, every paragraph, every word for he had read this hundreds of times but still he opened the book and began to read.

Seth Astra
Sep 19, 2010, 08:29 PM
The man crept through the streets, on edge since meeting the hunter earlier and then being attacked by the one monster. It was starting to get dark. Dark was bad. Dark was when everything was more dangerous. He had a few places that he had fortified, but none nearby. "Guess it'll be another sleepless night," he mumbled to himself.

psofan219
Sep 19, 2010, 08:43 PM
After wandering around the barren city for the day and not finding any secure shelter opportunities, he decided to try and hide out in the nearby wooded area for the night, as sleeping out in the open would prove suicidal. As he ventured further into the wooded area the scent of cooking meat washed over him. Not wanting to get too hasty, he cautiously followed the scent, unaware of what the exact source was. He had eventually seen a small campground that a hunter had set up, and seen the carcass of a dead animal being cooked. To avoid confrontation, he alerted the hunter of his presence. "Hello there." He said.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 19, 2010, 09:23 PM
OOC: are we going to try to meet up? cuz i want to start going somewhere, and i want to know if were all going to meet up before hand or alter

Seth Astra
Sep 19, 2010, 09:29 PM
OOC: Well, I'll try. My char is rather anti-social, though. Been alone for the past... 5 years or so.

Freeze
Sep 20, 2010, 05:06 PM
The hunter quickly tucked the book back into his pocket and looked up to where the voice had come from.
"Good evening." He replied, "If you are a friend then you're welcome to sit and dine with me."

He leaned over to the fire and rotated the spit over.
"It's not much but it will fill your belly." He shrugged, "And I could use the company."

DoctorQuark
Sep 20, 2010, 05:37 PM
OOC: Hm. This is gonna be a bit of a stretch, buuuuut...

In a tall, dreary building, there was a sudden glint of light. A man about thirty years of age, wielding a makeshift rifle, was aiming out of the window. He spotted a small group of monsters feeding off of an unlucky traveler. Disgusted, he shifted his view before aiming again. "Damn fiends. What a waste of life." The man spat. "Not even worth killing. They're all runts." In the back of the room, another man, about 19 years old, looked towards him. "Yeah, yeah, Jed. You're always ranting about how much you hate those monsters. I get the idea by now." The boy laughed. "How about you stop aiming out that window for a while and help me go salvaging for once? It'd be a nice change of pace, if you ask me." "And what, let you guys starve? Neither you nor Doc can hunt worth a damn. If I don't hunt, we don't get to eat. So you jus' keep quiet back there." Jed mumbled to himself and readjusted his sights.

The boy rolled his eyes and then exited through a door down a flight of stairs. He walked into a decimated kitchen and sat down next to a boy about 16 years of age. He sighed and said, "Jed's not going for it, Doc. Come on. Guess it's just us again today." "What is it with him, Nixx? He never seems to want to do anything with us. He's always got his head stuck out that window." Doc slung a bag over his shoulder and clutched a poorly thrown together machete that was strapped to his belt. "Well, no big deal, I suppose. Yeah, let's go..." Nixx and Doc headed out the door. Nixx groaned as he noticed a large pile of rubble outside the door, and he angrily shoved it all aside. "Looks like the paneling on this side of the wall must have fallen off last night. At this rate, we're gonna have to find a new building to hole up in. Come on. Let's get out of here." Nixx walked ahead, but Doc stuck his head back in the door. "Hey, Amber! Me and Nixx are going out to scavenge for the day. We'll be back soon, I promise!" Doc then abruptly closed the door without waiting for a reply.

A girl, about 16 years old, rushed out of the building's hallway. "Hey! Wait for..." She called out to them, but noticed they were already gone. She sighed and leaned up against the doorway. "Aw, man. How come they never take me with them? Doc, you promised you would..." She walked up the stairs and crawled into the same corner that Nixx had occupied earlier. She lifted up one of the boards and pulled out a small, dusty book, and a piece of charcoal. The girl looked to Jed, and realizing that he was too busy scouting to notiice her, began to write on a blank page.

"Today, it's been a year since the four of us found each other. I can still remember it clearly. Me and Doc were trapped inside some old restaurant with monsters closing in around us. Doc was doing his best to keep them away, but it didn't do any good; there's only so much a kid can do to keep these beasts at bay. Just when it seemed all hope was lost, Nixx and Jed showed up out of nowhere and just killed all of the monsters off. At first, they planned to just accept our thanks and leave. But after constant pleading, they decided to bring us with them. The four of us make a great team, after all. Nixx is great building things and Jed is great at... well, killing things. Both Doc and I can read and write, and Doc can make medicine and perform first aid. And, well... I cook. But what more could you ask for? And yet, after just a year, it seems like we're wearing on each other's pateince. Jed doesn't talk to any of us if he can help it. Nixx has become somewhat ill-tempered, although he seems to enjoy taking Doc around with him. And Doc... How come he never spends time with me anymore? Is he too busy?"

"Maybe I'm overthinking it. The four of us need each other, right? I'm sure things will be back to normal soon enough. But there's work for me to do. I love to write, but this is more important... I'll be sure to write more tomorrow. - Amber"

OOC: Again, I apologize for the long introduction. I'll keep further posts down in size.

psofan219
Sep 20, 2010, 10:54 PM
"It's nice to see someone who's not one of these rabid beasts we have running around." He said as he took a seat at the camp. "And thank you for the offer."

Freeze
Sep 21, 2010, 05:37 PM
"Seems rabid beasts aren't the only dangers out there these days." The hunter replied.
He sliced of a chunk of well done meat and handed it over.
"I hope you don't mind it well done." The hunter said, "It's the only way to safely eat this creature."
He picked up a stick and stoked the fire and set another log on then looked up at the man.
"Are you headed for any place in particular?"

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 21, 2010, 09:50 PM
OOC: i think im going to have rorick and I walk over to you guys at the fire, is that ok?

Seth Astra
Sep 21, 2010, 10:44 PM
As the man continued his walk across the city, he found a group of weaker monsters feeding on something. "Another unlucky soul..." The man muttered. "Ah well, the more I kill now, the few there'll be later. He then rushed the group, impaling one on his spear. Letting go of it, he kicked another down, stabbed a third with his kinfe, then ripped out the spear and bashed the second's head in.
Leaping back away from their slashing claws, he spun his spear for a second and assumed a defensive stance. "En garde..." he muttered.

OOC: Same mosters one of the doctor's chars is watching.

Sord
Sep 21, 2010, 10:57 PM
OOC: i think im going to have rorick and I walk over to you guys at the fire, is that ok?

OCC: yes, you really don't even need to ask that. Also, I would assume Sagasu's character is with us as well, she showed up after we beat the Beast, and is assumably part of the old camp and would have run with us. Freeze's character is also assumably a part of the camp, he was just out hunting, he came back to our camp and found it destroyed, ran to the forest where he is now. Having everyone meet at Freeze's little campsite was the logical thing to do several posts ago and I've been waiting on you to initialize it and bring up any relevant plot points during that. Don't be so hesitant, your the story leader here, just do it.

Only Seth and now quark's characters should be separate from the main party. Let 'em run around and do whatever, they'll join the main group when they're ready.

NeonaPulsar
Sep 22, 2010, 12:17 AM
OOC: I have my idea. :D But Kyrith, I need to talk about a plot target (what we can do in the story. A goal, so to type)

-----

psofan219
Sep 22, 2010, 08:16 AM
He gratefully took the meat and bit into it, and swallowed before answering the mans question. "I'm not really headed in any particular direction as of yet, more or less just wandering around until I find a good place to rest for a while." He said, taking another bite of the meat. "By the way, name's Mike."

Freeze
Sep 22, 2010, 05:35 PM
OCC: My character wasn't officially part of the human camp and didn't live there but he did frequently visit it to trade goods.

"Nice to meet you Mike." The hunter nodded as he sliced himself off a slab of meat, "You can call me Yukon."
He paused to take a bite and quickly swallowed it down.
"My parents named me after my peoples god far to the north." He shrugged, "An honour I guess though I haven't seen that land for many years."

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 22, 2010, 05:42 PM
OOC: apparently the thing i posted a few hours ago isnt showing up...... well thats annoying here i go typing it a third time, im going to type it pretty fast tho, so it probably wont be written great

The trio walked up to the camp and saw that a hunter whom they had bought food from before was there with another person too. Rorick spoke: "hello hunter, i know this may seem rushed, but our camp has been destroyed and a few of the ones inside as well, we were going to head out for a new place and wondered if you would be coming along now that not much is left around here. I would grieve but this world doesnt give us that kind of time, oh, and who's your friend there?"

Seth Astra
Sep 22, 2010, 05:47 PM
OOC: Kyrith, for some reason, if you're talking about what I think you are, it showed up in Dark System.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 22, 2010, 06:14 PM
OOC: crap sorry, ill delete i over there

DoctorQuark
Sep 22, 2010, 06:16 PM
Jed looked down at the fight that ensued down below. He shrugged and then aimed at the remaining monsters. "Alright, guy. I guess I've got nothin' better to do than save your hide." Jed fired at one of the monsters, blowing it's head clear off. He then began to reload his rifle. While he was doing so, he called out to the man. "Hey, you! With the spear! If you don't want to get hurt, I suggest you find a piece of cover! Let me handle this!"

Seth Astra
Sep 22, 2010, 06:24 PM
The man nodded and ran off, taking cover in an open doorway about ten meters off.

DoctorQuark
Sep 22, 2010, 06:28 PM
Jed finished loading the powder into the rifle just as the man took cover. The beasts pursued him, but Jed took careful aim and fired off a quick shot, taking out two of the monsters at once. He began to reload, but then noticed the last of the monsters would reach the man before he was finished. He called out to him, "Hey! The last one's comin' for ya! Brace yerself!"

Seth Astra
Sep 22, 2010, 06:34 PM
The man readied his spear for the moster. As it attacked, he managed to block the blow. He struggled with it for a minute, before throwing it off and taking a stab at it. The strike hurt the monster, but didn't seem to slow it down. As the monster struck again, the man blocked. This blow, however, shattered the spear in two. Leaping back, he threw the pieces to the ground and drew his knife. "This just isn't my day," he groaned.

DoctorQuark
Sep 22, 2010, 06:48 PM
The monster was just about to pounce once more when another shot rang out. The monster suddenly fell to the ground, it's blood covering the man. Jed sighed and set aside his rifle. "Hey, you. You okay over there? That was a close one, fer sure." Jed pulled out a cigarette made of some uncertain substance and began to light it.

Freeze
Sep 22, 2010, 06:48 PM
"Good evening Rorick, it's good to see you again." Yukon replied, "You and your friends are welcome to sit with us, enjoy some of our meager feast and rest."
He took his knife and sliced off three chunks of meat.
"I saw what was left of your camp." He sighed, "With the loss of my primary source of supplies I suppose it is best if I join you, however it is much too dangerous to travel at night. I will stay here until morning. I suggest you do the same."

Seth Astra
Sep 22, 2010, 06:54 PM
"I... I'm okay," the man replied, his voice shaky from years without communication. "I... I've been through wo... worse..."

DoctorQuark
Sep 22, 2010, 06:58 PM
Jed looked at the man somewhat uneasily. He puffed his cigarette for a moment, then looked to the falling sun, and then back at the man. "Hey," Jed called out. "Monsters 'round here get awful vicious durin' the night. 'Though I'm sure ya know that. So I'll tell ya what. My, er, coworkers are gonna be back here within the hour. Why don't you hole up with us, at least for tonight? We don't bite." Jed puffed, and then whispered to himself, "At least, Doc and Amber don't. I hope he doesn't turn out to be much of a burden."

psofan219
Sep 22, 2010, 09:09 PM
"There should be at least two of us on night duty to ensure that none of these beasts try and make a meal out of us while we sleep." Mike pointed. "I think it's safe to assume that the smell of this meat has at least got the attention of a few nearby beasts looking for their next meal."

Seth Astra
Sep 22, 2010, 09:21 PM
"F... Fine..." The man studdered. Walking inside, he thought to himself, "Well, it could be worse... I don't trust these people, but I wasn't going to sleep anyway. Besides, I might get to eat something for the first time in two days."

NeonaPulsar
Sep 22, 2010, 10:25 PM
OOC: Here we go.

-----

Neona found the people she wanted to watch, so settled down for the long story...

~~~

"Daddy, come on, you walking too slow!" A young 6 year old girl shouted back to her father. The man laughed to himself, then raised his voice. "Rain, Get back here, you don't know whats out there and i'd feel safer if you were close to me"

The girl understod his tone, and ran back. She had light pink hair, wore a dull blue dress, a brown jacket over the top, and looked as cute as any fathers dauther could. It was getting late, and the shrub lands yeilded little places to sleep. But as luck would have it, the beasts rarely came this far out.

Hog looked around, Rain now walking at his side. Hog had a shruffy, but hearty beard, short to his neck, his head, spares of hair. He had a strong build, looking like he had been working out most of his life. And he had. Around his waist, he wore a belt, hooked to it were two heft blacksmithing hammers, tiped with dried blood. One on each side.

"Daddy, where are we going?" Rain asked him, bending down to pick a flower.

"Where the people are. Once we find them, we can talk to them. But for now, we are on an adventure" he said, keeping his dauthers mind off the realitys of life.

She smiled. Then tuged his shirt, for his atension. He kneeled down, and Rain proptly shoved her flower into his beard, then kissed his cheak. Hog smiled, with joy as he got up, bringing Rain up with him. He playfully tickled her with his beard, causing her to giggle, and try to escape. Hog laughed, then put her on his sholders, continuing on walking, in hopes to find a human city. A safe place to call home...

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 23, 2010, 05:32 PM
OOC: i forgot to mention this earlier, sorry, but the humanoid monsters wouldnt just go around looking for food, they bring supplies, they are sentient.

Yestal: well, before any of us go to sleep, ive got something important, a map. This tells us where 3 of the major human hideouts are, we should choose one in the morning to head to, here's where we are (yestal points to the edge of a city in the north east) and heres the three larger camps we have marked (he points to a forest a good while South, a suburban town to the north west and a city to the far west)"

OOC2: i might upload the map i have if i can.

Freeze
Sep 23, 2010, 05:39 PM
"I agree." Yukon nodded at Mike, "The fire does tend to discourage the more primitive creatures but even though the local creatures have recently fed..."
He quickly looked over to Rorick's party.
"No offense intended." He nodded then continued, "The smell of our food will draw them around so I expect company sooner or later."
He took another bit which he quickly swallowed.
"It is still safer here at the fire then trying to travel in the dark."

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 23, 2010, 05:42 PM
OOC: if we are "expectin company" we sould normally leave, the beasts are strong and a lot of times come with the humanoids which are stronger most people, so we'll let it slide this time because of the size of our group tho.

Freeze
Sep 23, 2010, 06:09 PM
OOC: My character normaly lives in this area and deals with this on a regular basis. He did make it clear that traveling at night would be more dangerous then dealing with the few creatures who might brave the camp. When he mentioned expecting company it was the odd creature or two or three at most not the large force that attacked the main camp.

psofan219
Sep 23, 2010, 09:12 PM
"I assume that these camps have all been scouted? I don't know about you guys, but I'd hate to settle someplace and find out it's home to a nest of these things." Mike said.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 23, 2010, 09:35 PM
Yestal: "scouted? it's dangerous enough to walk over to them one time, we have no idea if they're still there, but its our best shot, we have to go on faith for this one."

OOC: tomorrow ill be leaving for a few days and will be back on Sunday, so don't expect much to happen this weekend, sorry about this.

NeonaPulsar
Sep 23, 2010, 11:18 PM
OOC: I will wait for a time laps, before posting again.

psofan219
Sep 24, 2010, 01:38 AM
"Faith huh..." Mike said. "I've never really ran on faith, especially after 'faith' stole the lives of four of my closest friends, and my brother. Ever since, I ran on intel. It's let me survive this hell for as long as I have now, but if the majority here feels that it's better to just go out at once, then I won't argue."

Sord
Sep 24, 2010, 05:21 AM
OCC: Sorry I haven't been around past few days. Honestly, it is mostly because I got a new game, though now it looks like the RPM is out for the weekend so not much plot progression is going to go on I guess. Anyone down for chatting up backstories between characters?

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 24, 2010, 08:42 AM
OOC: What game did u get, Sord?

NeonaPulsar
Sep 24, 2010, 11:01 AM
OOC: I also am curious to what game you got. And a back story, I have one. But before i go and start rambling on, makeing a fool of myself if this has a different meaning.

By back stories, you mean about our character in this RP? :D

Freeze
Sep 24, 2010, 08:24 PM
"I would recomend heading south." Yukon said studing the map, "Moster activity is even heavier to the north than it is here and I've seen evidence that several of the humanoid creature packs have started spreading west due to the high food sources. Even if they haven't reached that camp yet it won't be long. The road south is a difficult one which could be a reason monster activity seems to be light."
Yukon sat back down on his log and took another bite of meat.
"I just hope it stays that way." He muttered.

DoctorQuark
Sep 24, 2010, 08:49 PM
When the man walked in through the door, Amber immediately saw him and gasped. She noticed all of the scratches and blood on the man and ran up to him. "Oh, no! Are you okay? What happened to you?" Amber acted almost as though she had known the man all her life. "And you look so hungry! Let me get you something, and when Doc gets back home he can patch you up, and..." Amber rushed down the hallway quickly and her voice faded out.

Seth Astra
Sep 24, 2010, 08:54 PM
Catching up to her, the man caught his breath and said, "Don't worry. I've gone without regular food or proper medical help for five years now, I'll manage. But thanks anyway. What's your name, by the way? I'm Seth." Extending his hand, he thought to himself, "You're going soft. Ah well, accepting help from these people can't hurt. I don't trust them, but I don't really have anything worth stealing. Besides, if they were bandits, that man probably wouldn't have helped me. Ah well, I'll sleep with my knife close at hand, if they are bandits, and they want a fight, I'll give them one."

OOC: Yes, I am horrible with thinking up origional names.

DoctorQuark
Sep 24, 2010, 09:02 PM
OOC: Don't sweat it. :3 I have a hard time thinking 'em up, too. Sometimes my names feel kind of contrived.

Amber returned Seth's handshake somewhat nervously. "Er, my name's Amber. Anyways, my friends should be back within the hour. They'll probably be a bit shocked to see another traveler. Well, a live one, anyways. Oh! Not to say that, well, a lot of people die around here. It's just... Gah." Amber released Seth's hand and then bowed. "Sorry. I'm not used to seeing anyone but my companions. Just make yourself at home. I've gotta cook and clean and..." Amber rushed off again, dutifully performing her self-assigned tasks.

Seth Astra
Sep 24, 2010, 09:04 PM
Seth scratched the back of his head, a confused look on his face, and decided to start exploring the building.

NeonaPulsar
Sep 24, 2010, 11:03 PM
OOC: Well, nvm then... I'll have the two meet up with Seth and Doc.

----

Hog and Rain walked for a seemingly long time. Passing shrub brush after shrub brush. After 2 hours of walking, with the acational stop, and more flowers, the two came with-in sight of a small ruin town.

Hog took a warry aditued, glaceing all over, hands at the ready, hear his hammers. Rain was back on his sholders, and looking around too.

Sord
Sep 24, 2010, 11:19 PM
OOC: What game did u get, Sord?

OCC: Minecraft. Never thought a game so simple would be so damn addictive.

DoctorQuark
Sep 25, 2010, 01:31 PM
OCC: Minecraft. Never thought a game so simple would be so damn addictive.

OOC: OMFG man. Tell me about it. :3 Notch is a genius.

Meanwhile, Nixx was busy digging through a large pile of junked machinery. Doc was standing guard, his hand on his machete. However, he wasn't paying much attention; he had his head in a medical manual he had found the day before. "Hm. Well, I guess that'll come in handy at some point... I'm not quite sure what this says... Huh. Hey, Nixx. You find anything over there?" Nixx grunted as he moved a large piece of metal out of the way. "A few useful bits and pieces. Nothing major, though. Most of the useful things are too big to carry anyways." Nixx sighed and wiped his hands on his shirt. He closed his satchel, currently halfway full with various odds and ends, and slung it over his shoulder.

Just then, Doc saw a rather large shadow and a smaller one in the distance. The two were headed in their direction. "Hey, Nixx," Doc whipered, "there's somebody coming. Might be hostiles." "It is awfully close to night time. Yeah, let's hide and see what it is." Doc and Nixx quickly hid behind a crumbling pillar and peeked over to see who or what was coming.

OOC: In case there's any doubt, these are your characters, Neona. :3

NeonaPulsar
Sep 26, 2010, 12:22 AM
"Daddy? is this the place with the people?" rain asked sleeply, slumped over Hogs head, still sitting on his sholders.

"We are going to find a place to sleep for the night, then see if the people are here in the morning. So, where do you wha... Rain! Stay close to me, NOW!"

Rain flailed into movement, Hog put her down at his heels, which she clung to his thick pants instantly. Hog had his hammers in hand glaring around at the place he thought he saw movement.

"SHOW YOUR SELFS IF YOU ARE HUMAN, NOW!" he bellowed, his voice imbeded with an air of a oncoming rage. "No harm shall ever come to my daugher, and i shall crush you to nothing, if you refuse to show yourselfs!

DoctorQuark
Sep 26, 2010, 09:29 AM
Doc, hearing the man's voice, gulped. "Well, he's definitely no monster," he whispered to Nixx. "Think he's friendly?..." Nixx just sighed and looked towards the man. "Well, he knows we're here. And he has hammers. Big ones, at that. Maybe we should just show ourselves..."

Nixx and Doc walked out from behind the pillars with their hands in the air. Nixx spoke out. "Hey, hey. Cool down, pops. We aren't monsters. So don't flip out, alright?"

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 26, 2010, 12:23 PM
OOC: reminds me so much of that scene in Dr. Horrible, "and these are not the hammer...... the hammer is my penis" - Captain Hammer, I love that movie/musical so much!

OOC2: well, im back obviously

~time laps till morning for the campfire group~

Yestal awoke and looked around as he recalled where he was... and then recalled something else, something he would have much rather forgot, or would he... he wasn't sure anymore. All he knew was he wanted revenge, that had become his guiding star. And then he remembered the face of those not quite human and not quite beast-like faces. He shuddered and sat in the bed until he heard the sound of the others stirring awake.

Freeze
Sep 26, 2010, 02:29 PM
"Good moring Yestal." Yukon smiled.
He was seated at the fire with some small animal roasting on the spit.
"Hope you slept well." He said poking the hot coals, "Care for some breakfast?"

NeonaPulsar
Sep 27, 2010, 12:11 AM
OOC: The Timelaps came a bit earrly, this happens before it.

----

Hog took notice, and started to relax... though his hammers were still in his hands. As the sun sliped past the horizon, it put him a defining light, to Doc and Nixx. The man was large and burly. he had a thick leather blanksmiths vest over a tattered deep green shirt, and pants to match. His wild brown beard was littered with flowers of all kinds and colors, that Rain had found for him, and he wore them with pride.

Rain, still hiding behind his leg, was visable now, as she was peaking out. "Daddy, are those the people?" she asked.

Hog: "...Yes, we have found people, but this, town looks like a Zone. "You there! Young man, do you have a place we can stay for the night?"

DoctorQuark
Sep 27, 2010, 05:17 PM
Nixx put his hands down, and Doc followed shortly after. Nixx said nothing, but Doc spoke up. "Yeah, we've got a little hideaway about half a mile from here. We were just about to head back. You're free to come along, if you'd like." Doc gave the two a little grin, but then Nixx pulled him off to the side. "Hey, what are you thinking? You know how Jed is about guests." "Calm down. Just look at them. How can we refuse?" Nixx sighed, and then gave Doc a nod. Doc turned back to the man. "So, what do you say?"

Seth Astra
Sep 27, 2010, 05:35 PM
Back at the building, a loud clanging noise can be heard coming from the basement. There, Seth is rapididly striking a metal pipe with a large rock, attempting to break it off. On the ground, there are a few stones that have been fashioned into throwing knives.

DoctorQuark
Sep 27, 2010, 06:25 PM
Amber heard the clanging and walked over to Seth. She cocked her head inquisitively. "Uh, hey. Mr. Seth. What are you doing?..."

Seth Astra
Sep 27, 2010, 06:28 PM
Bashing the rock against the pipe once again, he said, "Getting myself a new weapon. My spear broke, and I figure a heavy metal pipe would make a good staff."

DoctorQuark
Sep 27, 2010, 06:41 PM
Amber thought for a moment. "Maybe if I learn to fight, Doc might... Hm." Amber looked to Seth. "Hey, can you teach me to do that?" She smiled.

Seth Astra
Sep 27, 2010, 06:45 PM
"Well, I can try," he said. With one last heave, he smashed the rock against the pipe, snapping off a section about five and a half feet long. Throwing down the rock, he picked up the pipe and spund it around himself, getting a feel for it. Walking over and picking up a thinner pipe, he tossed it to Amber. "Here, use this. It's a bit light for my tastes, but it should be about right for you. Now, first lesson..." he started, before begining to train her.

psofan219
Sep 28, 2010, 10:07 AM
OOC: Sorry for being absent for a while. In the process of moving, and I'm temporarily staying at my aunt's. She has very poor connection capabilities here, so I can't get on often. Hell I'm lucky just to be typing this. I'll start posting more when I move in to my new apartment.

DoctorQuark
Sep 28, 2010, 06:49 PM
Amber picked up the pipe. She held it in a somewhat awkward position. "Er... Okay. I've got it. Now what?" She swung it a little bit.

Seth Astra
Sep 28, 2010, 06:58 PM
"Okay, first, you need to get a feel of the weight of your weapon. Find where it balances. Now, hold it like this," Seth instructed, holding his staff about two feet away from his body, with the pipe going diagonally. "This is your basic fighting pose..." he started. The training session would continue for several hours.

DoctorQuark
Sep 28, 2010, 07:03 PM
Afterwards, Amber was huffing and sweating. "Okay... I think... I get it." She was leaning on her staff. She had various nicks and bruises from where she had slipped up or injured herself. "Thanks, Seth. Now if only... Wait. It's been a long time; I hadn't even noticed. Where are Doc and Nixx?" She spoke in a worried tone.

Seth Astra
Sep 28, 2010, 07:08 PM
The look on Seth's face quickly hardened. "I'll go look," he said. He then picked up his improvised throwing knives and slid them into his belt and into various pockets in his trenchcoat. Picking up his staff, he said, "If I don't return, don't go looking for me. Stay here, and keep practicing when you can," he instructed. With that, he walked out of the building, searching for the missing two.

DoctorQuark
Sep 28, 2010, 07:10 PM
OOC: Keep in mind, they're hung up with Neona's characters right now. So if you meet them, you're meeting her characters, too.

Amber looked at Seth as he left. "Okay..." She sat down in a nearby chair. "I would go... But Doc told me not to leave without him. Please be okay."

Seth Astra
Sep 28, 2010, 07:27 PM
"I will. Remember, I've lived five years alone on these streets. I can survive another few hours."
About half an hour after leaving, he encountered a group of three weak beasts. "You've gotta be kidding me..." Seth groaned, pulling out one throwing knife. Throwing it, it landed in the foreleg of one of the creatures. Throwing two more, he crippled the creature. The other two were right next to him by then, so he quickly spun around and whacked one with a horizontal blow from his staff. Continuing the motion, he hit the other one with an overhead blow. Turning back to the first, he threw another dagger at it, kicked it, then pulled out his combat knife and stabbed it in the head, killing it. Turning to the other one, he kicked it in the head, and then threw a number of daggers into it. Satisfied, he walked up to the last one and slit its throat with his combat knife. Finished, he collected his daggers and continued on his way.

NeonaPulsar
Sep 29, 2010, 12:33 AM
Nixx put his hands down, and Doc followed shortly after. Nixx said nothing, but Doc spoke up. "Yeah, we've got a little hideaway about half a mile from here. We were just about to head back. You're free to come along, if you'd like." Doc gave the two a little grin, but then Nixx pulled him off to the side. "Hey, what are you thinking? You know how Jed is about guests." "Calm down. Just look at them. How can we refuse?" Nixx sighed, and then gave Doc a nod. Doc turned back to the man. "So, what do you say?"

-----

Hog took a moment, looking down into Rains face, as she was looking up at him. hog then faced the two men. " That would be very kind of you. Thank you... rain?"

"Oh... Thank you!" She said is a soft voice.

Hog: "We will follow you, so lead on" Hog said, his voice now calm. He put his hammers back on his belt, but kept them ready. Rain seemed a little excited.

DoctorQuark
Sep 29, 2010, 02:55 PM
Doc and Nixx looked uneasily at the hammers, but the two shook it off and led their two new guests on. Nixx tried to avoid eye contact with Hog, but Doc was amiable to their new friends. "So, where are you two from? I hope this doesn't sound rude, but you two are different from any other travelers I've ever seen."

Night had fallen without the group even noticing. Around the corner, unknown to the travelers, a group of monsters was converging; waiting for them to pass.

NeonaPulsar
Sep 29, 2010, 11:51 PM
OOC: So, is this were Seth finds us?

----

Rain had gotten sleepy again and was now back to reating over Hog's head, sitting on his sholders. But Hog still tryed to answer the mans question, but in a quiet tone.

"Understandable. My dauhter and I are from a far off town called Cambria. It was a decent town, survivers here and there, making a living of the land. But it turned into a Zone faster then anything i had seen. Monsters poured into my town one night, killing as many people that they could. I.. was one of the lucky. Me and Rain had gone out feilds for the day... We didn't return, once we saw the smoke and fire billowing in the distance."

*Rain stured a bit, but fell back to sleep*

"... Rain here. Her mother... died a few days after birth, before we even got to name our dauhter. So, I named her, after something that always brough me joy. And to this day, she has lived up to that name. I will protect her with my life, as she is mine.

Hog looked of into the distance, the flowers in his beard, barely visable in the dark. He looked a bit sad. ANd changed the subject to get away from it.

"So, how much ferther to your place?" he asked calmly.

Seth Astra
Sep 29, 2010, 11:55 PM
Seth had taken to the rooftops, trying to get a better view. At one street corner, he found a group of four people. Just around the corner from them, were a large group of monsters. Seth knew he had to warn them, but he couldn't risk shouting. Pulling out a throwing knife, he threw it a few feet in front of the humans, hoping to put them on guard. The knife hit the ground with a loud clang. The monstners weren't smart enough to think about it, but Seth hoped the humans would be.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 30, 2010, 05:31 PM
Yestal: "ok guys, final decision, where we going?"

DoctorQuark
Sep 30, 2010, 05:59 PM
"Not much further from here," Doc stated happily. "Once we get there, my friend Amber should have dinner waiting for us. I need to introduce you to her, and to Jed. He discovered us. Oh, and-"

In that instant, however, Doc was cut off by the sound of a clanging dagger. Doc shifted back a little bit. Nixx stood up and drew his machete. "Okay," Nixx called out in a demanding tone, "Who's there? Say something, if you're human."

psofan219
Sep 30, 2010, 06:20 PM
"I guess we'll be heading south." Mike said as he walked in from the forest. "I took the liberty to do a bit of scouting earlier this morning. It's pretty straightforward, but I only went about three-quarters of a mile before getting pushed back by a small pack of these beasts we all love so much. So, be on your guard when we head there."

Seth Astra
Sep 30, 2010, 06:38 PM
Seth was disapointed that he failed to achieve his goal. Instead, he decided to throw a dagger at one of the creatures. As the dagger hit its mark, the creature roared in pain.

DoctorQuark
Sep 30, 2010, 06:56 PM
Nixx heard the roar, and readied his machete. "Ah, damn it. Monsters. And we were so close, too. So what now? Charge ahead and hope to survive?" Nixx looked at Doc, who shrugged while drawing his own knife. Doc then looked at Hog and Rain. "Er, and you two?..."

NeonaPulsar
Sep 30, 2010, 11:24 PM
Hog's face started to grow angry, his hammers in his hands, weilded in front of him. Rain was now rudly awake and clinging to hogs head.

"They shall not survive..." he said in a deep voice.

DoctorQuark
Oct 1, 2010, 03:24 PM
"Well, alrighty, then. Let's do this..." Nixx spoke with uncertainty as he led the group around the corner of the building. The monsters were blithering about, attempting to find the source of the rogue dagger. Just then, one of them noticed Nixx. In that instant, the monsters were upon the group, the majority heading for Doc and Hog while one attempted to leap upon Nixx's head. Nixx bashed it away with the back end of his machete, but it was quickly upon him a second time. Doc managed to successfully kill one with his knife, only to be assailed with two more in that instant. Three more came straight for Hog, eying Rain the whole time.

Seth Astra
Oct 1, 2010, 05:10 PM
Seth, thinking quickly, started throwing as many knives as he could. He throwed most of them away from the humans, lest they be struck by a stray knife.

NeonaPulsar
Oct 2, 2010, 03:17 AM
Hog puffed up and let out a low growl. The monsters were now apon him, and he had to act fast. He quickly swung his right hammer and bashed away the first beast, crashing it into a wall, which fell over and crushed it, before having to impail one into the ground with his left, blood splating everywhere from the impact.

Rain let out a screem as the third lept high and fast, snaching her off Hog's head. The beast landed solidly on the ground behind Hog, rain screeming and kicking in its arms.

For a brief moment Hog saw nothing but red. He whirled, fury in his face and every musele in his body. With out even a pause, he charged the beast, droping his hammers to run faster.

The beast was looking at the flailing, noisy morsil, when it came to regret it. Rain fell to the ground and looked at the seen. Hog had the beast, a death grip around its throat, and back of its neck. The beast struggled, lashing out all over almost reaching his dauhter. Hog didn't have it. He grabed its right arm in his large ham hand and gave a jerk, snaping it clean off. Then did the same to its neck.

The beast fell limp, dead. Hog cast it aside, to comfert Rain, who sob against his cheat. Hog huged her for what seemed like minute before picking her up. He turned to the what beast remained, Rain under his arm. He took a deep breath and let lose a mighty ROAR, shaking dust from the nearby ruined buildings. At this, the beasts took fear and fleed, high tailing it out of sight, back into the night shadows.

Hog walked back to the group, after puting rain back on his sholders and retriving his hammers."Everyone ok?"

Seth Astra
Oct 2, 2010, 09:10 AM
After the beasts had run off, Seth quickly clambered down the side of the building, swinging down from window to window. "Well, that went better than expected," he sighed, once he reached the group at the bottom. "Anyway, I'm looking for two people called Doc and Nixx. Any of you guys them?"

Freeze
Oct 2, 2010, 10:55 AM
"If there is a pack of monsters gathering on our route then we must hurry." Yukon said as he gathered up his gear, "They might be on to us. Take as much water as you can carry and fill up every chance you get. It will be farely scarce when we reach the waste lands."

DoctorQuark
Oct 2, 2010, 12:09 PM
Doc and Nixx both looked up, and said in unison, "Yeah, that's me." They looked at each other, and then at Seth. "How do you know that?" Nixx inquired. "And who are you?"

Seth Astra
Oct 2, 2010, 12:11 PM
"The name's Seth. I found some people who apparently know you guys. One of them mentioned that you guys were late in getting back, so I went out looking for you," Seth explained.

DoctorQuark
Oct 2, 2010, 12:13 PM
Doc let out a sigh of relief. "Ah, must have been Amber. She's always looking out for us... Well, sorta." Doc held his hand out to Seth. "Well, thanks for your help, anyways. Just to be sure, I'm Doc, and he's Nixx. These two are are a few new friends of ours, Hog and Rain. Nice to meet you." Doc smiled, although Nixx coldly looked in the other direction.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Oct 2, 2010, 08:10 PM
The group at the campfire headed out southbound through the woods.

OOC: the way there is mostly forest until near our destination there is a lake

Seth Astra
Oct 2, 2010, 08:13 PM
"Well, you are correct in assuming it was Amber. Also, you four should be thankful that I arrived when I did. Who's dagger did you think it was that made that monster scream?" Seth asked, starting back towards the building he and the others would be staying in.

DoctorQuark
Oct 2, 2010, 09:42 PM
At this, Nixx's temper was suddenly tested. "What? Is that a joke? I could have taken those things all by myself." Nixx huffed. "Come on, everyone. Let's get home before more of those pests show up." Nixx stomped off in the direction of the building, and Doc scratched his head.

Seth Astra
Oct 2, 2010, 09:44 PM
"I'll take that as 'thank you, Seth, for keeping us from being ambushed and massacred before we knew what was happening,'" Seth replied, sarcasticly.

psofan219
Oct 2, 2010, 10:28 PM
Mike was quickly working his way ahead of the group, pushing his way through the evergrowing thick foliage. After nearly a mile of hiking through the woods, they came upon an eaten carcass of one of the beasts. "Stay on top of your game, these things might be close by." Mike said quietly.

NeonaPulsar
Oct 3, 2010, 12:45 AM
"... thank you.... um, mr. seth" Rain said to him, in a shy tone.

Hog looked up, and smiled, then turned his atention to Doc. "Excues me, i hate to keep asking for more and more. We do not want to take advantage of your hospitality. ... But do you have something we can eat?" Hog asked, calming, now looking around the area as they walked.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Oct 3, 2010, 08:16 AM
OOC: about traveling, don't expect to see too many people just walking about, possibly a few skeletons, but most people who would have been this far out would have died a long while ago.

DoctorQuark
Oct 3, 2010, 08:56 AM
Doc's face lit up at this. "Oh, yeah. Amber cooks for us every night, and she's sure to have something waiting on us when we get home. I mean, you can only do so much with these monsters. And Jed does catch the typical animal here and there. But she manages to make everything taste good. We'll give you two plenty, don't worry."

Doc led the trio in, and Nixx was already sitting down in a chair, sharpening his machete. Doc simply shrugged and moved on to the kitchen. Just then, Amber burst out of another room and hugged him. "Hey, you two are okay! Why didn't you tell me you were gonna be out so late? You know I get worried sick when you two are gone for so long." Doc looked down at Amber, a little embarrassed. He returned the hug quickly, and then moved her aside. "Hey, don't worry. We were gonna be fine. Plus that friend of yours, Seth, helped us out... How do you know him, anyways? Is he gonna be staying with us?" "Yep." Amber smiled. "And who else do you have here? The big fella, and..." Amber's jaw dropped the moment she saw Rain. "Aw, look at you! Aren't you just the cutest thing?!"

Jed was playing solitaire, smoking a cigarette at the time. When he heard all the commotion, he stomped down the stairs. "Alright, what's all the noise fer-" He stopped when he saw Hog and Rain. "Oh, no. Oh-ho-ho no. We already pulled in one stray from the streets today. And now you've brought me what?" He pointed at Rain, and then Hog. "A little girl, and this... Monster of a man? What do ya think we are, made of supplies? They've gotta go, now." Jed eyed Hog.

Seth Astra
Oct 3, 2010, 11:00 AM
"Eh, if you want the space, I'm fine with leaving. I didn't really plan on staying past morning, anyway," Seth said to Jed. "I'm not much for company, anyway."

DoctorQuark
Oct 3, 2010, 12:55 PM
Just then, Amber spoke up. She ran up and grabbed both Seth's and Hog's arms. She yelled out at Jed. "You can't just send them away! They're our guests! How can you turn away somebody that needs help?" Jed covered his face with his hand and sighed. "Amber, yer overreactin'. And ya ain't looking at the big picture here. We hardly get by wit' four people. Five might've been okay, but seven? We can't jus'-" Amber cut him off. "We'll work harder, then! You can't just say no to these people! I do more jobs. And so will Doc and Nixx, won't you?" Nixx said nothing, and Doc said, "Yeah, def- Wait, what?"

"Yeah, see?" Amber said, not fully paying attention. "Just say they can stay. Please, Jed."

Jed just sighed and then headed for the stairs. "Yeah, okay, okay... These folks can stay fer now. But if they get in the way, you can bet they ain't stayin' much longer. Alright?" Jed walked up the stairs without waiting for an answer.

Seth Astra
Oct 3, 2010, 01:02 PM
Pulling away from Amber, Seth spoke, "There's no reason for me to stay. I'd just be one more mouth to feed tonight, and I would just leave in the morning, anyway. Besides, I don't trust anyone. It's been dificult for me this far, just trying not to run from here. You guys don't need someone like me..." He then started walking towards the door.

DoctorQuark
Oct 3, 2010, 01:05 PM
Amber then grabbed his arm again. "Pleeeeeease?" Amber sounded like she really wanted Seth to stay.

Seth Astra
Oct 3, 2010, 01:14 PM
OOC: Congrats on the 500th post, doctor.

Seth sighed, and thought about it for a minute, before answering, "Fine. Since you seem to be insistant on me staying, I'll stay. I can't say I'll be much help, but I can guarantee I'll at least be able to pull my own weight."

DoctorQuark
Oct 3, 2010, 01:24 PM
OOC: Thanks. Hadn't even noticed, myself. :3

NeonaPulsar
Oct 3, 2010, 11:05 PM
Hog had put Rain down, and had taken up a seat by the front door. Rain seemed egger to meet other 'people'.

She walked up the stairs, to find that man, and find out what made him so upset, after saying Hi to everyone with a joyous greeting. When she got to the top of the stairs, she looked around the relitivly empty room (Doc needs to discribe it), and spoted the 'angry man' stareing out a window into the night.

"Umm.... Hello... " She asked shyly. "Are... you ok? You seem, angry.... are you mad that... we are here?"

DoctorQuark
Oct 4, 2010, 06:20 PM
OOC: It really is pretty much an entirely empty room, with just a few odds and ends, Jed's gun, a big window, and Jed. Most of the time. :3 As for the rest of the building, for future reference: There's the front side, which is somewhat crumbling. Then there's the living room, which is pretty dirty and has a busted TV as well as a ratty couch. The kitchen is really where they spend most of their time, as Amber keeps it extremely clean and there's also a lot of toys and odds and ends that Doc has built. The only other three rooms are a big, empty room, where Nixx stores all of their supplies, a bedroom with a surprisingly well-kept king sized bed, and the bathroom. Nobody uses the bathroom, though. Also, Nixx and Doc sleep in the living room. Jed sleeps in his perch, and Amber has the bedroom to herself.

Jed looked at the little girl. His face became a bit angry for a moment, but then he shook his head and sighed. "Nah, you didn't make me angry. I just get a little frustrated when there's a lot of people, that's all." Jed looked at Rain's innocent face and suddenly lightened up a fair bit. "So how are you doing, little missy?"

Downstairs, Amber was busy putting the finishing touches on a large meal. Nixx was still sharpening his machete, and Doc was digging through a drawer. He then pulled out an odd-looking box and walked over to Seth with it. He pulled out some bandages. "I couldn't help but notice you have quite a few nicks and cuts," he said. "You should let me fix those up. If we leave them as is, they could get infected, and believe me: That isn't something you want to happen in a world with so little medicine." Doc held out his hand for Seth's, invitingly.

Seth Astra
Oct 4, 2010, 06:23 PM
"Fine, whatever," Seth groaned, "Although, I've been doing fine without any help for years. And I've gotten more than a few nicks and cuts."

DoctorQuark
Oct 4, 2010, 06:27 PM
"Better safe than sorry," Doc said with a certain authority, as if he had been saying it all of his life. "You never know when it could happen." Doc unraveled a length of bandage and then ripped it off. He took out a green bottle and tilted it, pouring out a greenish fluid out onto Seth's arm. It stung greatly. He then began to wrap the bandage around Seth's arm and tied it tightly. He repeated the process with Seth's other wounds, and when he finished, he sighed. "A job well done," he said. "Those wounds should be okay within the next couple of days. I know you probably wouldn't listen to me, but you shouldn't overexert yourself too much."

Seth Astra
Oct 4, 2010, 06:31 PM
"I've had worse wounds, not nearly as good of medical treatment, and I have fought for my life every day in the past five years. My definition of overexertion is probably way different than yours." Seth then walked out, then started sharpening broken chunks of stone and concrete into throwing knives.

NeonaPulsar
Oct 4, 2010, 10:33 PM
Rain seemed to get excited at the fact the the angry man was now happy.

"I'm doing good" she piped. "Daddy is take me to find the people. Something about a big city... do those still exstist?"

DoctorQuark
Oct 5, 2010, 03:23 PM
Jed leaned back and started playing with a flint. "Not really, little missy," he said. "I mean, there's the odd settlement here and there, but most a' the world's completely broken apart by now. Then again, I ha'nt been much further than tha' immediate area since I left m' home, so chances are there's a big human settlement out there that I just don't know about." Noticing that the girl was a little lost, he rephrased himself. "So, maybe there ain't any nearby, but I'm sure there's a big city out there. You just keep on hopin'. I'm sure your daddy... Mr. Big Guy out there... Will take good care of you. But ya'll can stay with us until you're ready to move along."

NeonaPulsar
Oct 6, 2010, 12:32 AM
Rain seemed happy, that the angry man was relaxed now. "YAY" She exclaimed. "So what are you looking at?" She saked, running up next to Jed, to look out his window.

Meanwhile down staris, Hog had drifted off to a mild sleep, as he never fell all the way asleep in this day and age. Let alone when his daughter was off and away and not with him. Though as the thoughs crossed his sleepy mind, he woke himself up to wait for Rain.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Oct 6, 2010, 04:57 PM
The trio continued to walk and suddenly came upon what looked like an old fireplace and a single skeleton with a note at his side, it read "when i realized what had happened, i couldn't live with it, these are not just beasts, they aren't from here, im one of the lucky ones, i realized that we can't win or even survive...." The skeleton had the remains of a broken pipe next to his head with dried blood in a frozen stream down its' side.

Freeze
Oct 6, 2010, 05:53 PM
"Coward." Yukon grumbled as he walked passed the skeleton.

psofan219
Oct 6, 2010, 05:59 PM
Mike picked up the note and read it to himself, then read it aloud. "When I realized what had happened, I couldn't live with it. These are not just beasts, they aren't from here. I'm one of the lucky ones.... I realized that we can't win, or even survive..." He read. "So, what, we're fighting aliens?" MIke said, tossing the note to the ground. "I can agree with that. I've never seen anything like these things." He said with sarcasm in his voice. "Nevertheless, we can't stay here." He said, then continued on.

OOC: Deepfreeze, you ninja >.> I know it won't make sense saying he ninja'd me, since our posts are 6 minutes apart but dammit I had to think of how to put my post XD

DoctorQuark
Oct 6, 2010, 07:32 PM
"Er... I just keep watch here to make sure none of them monsters get to us," Jed said. "It ain't nothin' you'd like. All I do is keep 'em away."

Downstairs, Amber came out of the kitchen holding a very large pot and setting it down on the dining table. She then banged on it with a makeshift spoon and yelled, "Dinner time, everybody! Come and get it!" She stepped back from the nicely set table, admiring her work. Doc instantly ran up and sat down next to where Amber was standing. "Thanks, Amber. I'm starving. Spook Soup tonight?" Doc laughed, and Amber smiled, although she did not respond for some reason. Jed did not hear, and Nixx was busy sorting through the junk pile.

Seth Astra
Oct 6, 2010, 07:38 PM
Seth sighed, put away the throwing daggers in his coat and walked into the kitchen. "Huh, food more complex than throwing it over a fire for a few minutes? Nice. Been... 20 years or so."

DoctorQuark
Oct 6, 2010, 07:43 PM
Amber, hearing this, immediately poured two bowls of the soup and placed them in front of Doc and Seth. The soup was amazingly fragrant, and smelt rather good for something made of bloodthirsty monsters. Doc was already digging into his meal.

Seth Astra
Oct 6, 2010, 07:50 PM
Seth ate his soup voraciously, finishing faster than one would think humanly possible. "Wow, that was good! Course, when you havn't had anything other than roast monster for twenty years, I suppose anything would taste good."

DoctorQuark
Oct 6, 2010, 07:57 PM
Amber bowed, as this was her way of showing appreciation. Doc finished in unison with Seth. He sighed contently, and smiled. "Thanks, Amber. You sure do work a lot. We appreciate it." Amber grinned a lot. "Thanks. And hey, I was just wondering... Don't you think that next time, maybe you could-" Amber was then interrupted by Nixx. He called out from the stockroom, saying, "Hey, Doc. You've gotta look at this. Looks like there's more to these parts than we thought." Doc got out of his chair, and began to leave. He said to Amber, "Hey, just hold that thought. Gotta go check this out." As he walked out, Amber sighed and sat down across from Seth. She leaned up against the table, crossing her arms.

Seth Astra
Oct 6, 2010, 08:08 PM
"Something wrong?" Seth asked.

DoctorQuark
Oct 6, 2010, 08:11 PM
Amber looked at Seth, and was about to say something, but then she looked back down at the table. "Well, yeah... But I don't think you'd want to hear about it. It's kinda personal."

Seth Astra
Oct 6, 2010, 08:22 PM
"Yeah, I probably don't. I don't do well with emotions. Or people in general."

DoctorQuark
Oct 6, 2010, 08:29 PM
Amber simply sighed. Just then, there was a loud yell. "Holy crap! We hit the jackpot!" Doc was ecstatic about something, although nobody could tell. Suddenly, the door to the stock room slammed shut, and there were loud banging noises. It sounded like Nixx and Doc were busy working on something. Amber took Seth and Doc's bowls and began to wash them.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Oct 6, 2010, 10:16 PM
Yestal: "uhh... mike, u werent alive when this started, i heard it's been at least 70 years, you are in no way 70, so you obviously have been seeing these things for your life, therefore we would think they would have been here all the time except that we've been told otherwise"

NeonaPulsar
Oct 7, 2010, 12:44 AM
THe smell of food wafted up to the upper room and ran past Rains nose. "Umm... something smells good. Come on Jed, I smell food, maybe amber made it. Come on!" She urged, trying to pull Jeds arm by his hand to come with her down stairs.

Hog had already goten up and made his way to the table. Hearing Rain from the stairwell, he smiled knowing that she would be here soon. "Excuse me, amber, may I have some of this delisous smelling, and most sertanly tasting, soup, and a small bowl for Rain?"

psofan219
Oct 7, 2010, 03:36 PM
"And I never would've guessed." Mike said. "So how about we put this behind us, and focus on what we need to do to survive? That sounds much better than sitting here and chatting about something so trivial and pointless."

Freeze
Oct 7, 2010, 06:33 PM
"I agree." Yukon nodded, "Aliens or not these monsters are deadly just the same."

DoctorQuark
Oct 7, 2010, 09:11 PM
Amber then perked up. "Certainly!" She poured two hearty bowls, and a third as she saw Jed coming down the stairs with Rain. Rain naturally took a seat next to Hog, and Jed sat further down, suspiciously eying him. Jed started to slowly eat his soup, obviously wanting to savor the soup so his body could conserve it's nutrients.

Seth Astra
Oct 7, 2010, 10:57 PM
At this point, Seth got up, streched, and got back to making throwing knives by the front entrance.

NeonaPulsar
Oct 8, 2010, 12:04 AM
Hog downed the soup, geting little bits in he mustash. Rain was eatting hers, when she looked up to see the bits in her dad's facial hair, and giggled.

psofan219
Oct 8, 2010, 01:17 PM
"At least someone understands the danger..." Mike mumbled to himself. As he continued to walk, he eventually had caught sight of two wandering beasts. "Heads up, we have a couple strays." Mike said, pointing in the direction of the wandering creatures.

OOC: What senses do these things excel in anyways? Hearing? Sight? Smell? All three? Think this would be nice to know to see if there's any possible way to avoid conflict with them, especially in larger packs.

Freeze
Oct 8, 2010, 07:42 PM
OOC: Psofan has a good point, I was going to post but I"ll wait until we get an answer.

DoctorQuark
Oct 8, 2010, 08:28 PM
Amber was glad to see everybody was enjoying their food. Meanwhile, inside the stockroom, Doc was messing around with several pieces of scrap metal, and he was attempting to reshape them. "I don't believe it. Pure, unblemished iron and steel. If we could create a better method of reshaping them, we'd never have to make new tools again. We could make syringes, and swords, and a new rifle for Jed, and new pots and pans..." Nixx stopped him. "Yeah, I get it. We could make a lot of new things. Let's just work on fixing them up, okay?" Doc was too busy messing with everything to notice. Jed, hearing all the loud noises, simply grunted as he finished off his soup.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Oct 8, 2010, 08:41 PM
OOC: the humanoid ones excel in smell, and have pretty good hearing, there sight is very limited, they mostly wont see you at a distance of 10 ft unless they're really looking for you or you move a good deal.

OOC2: the monsters can see pretty well, hear pretty well and smell very well, they're just easier to kill.

psofan219
Oct 8, 2010, 09:08 PM
OOC: Okay, so they have all three senses then... But they're easy to kill, that works.

NeonaPulsar
Oct 9, 2010, 12:50 AM
OOC: Doc, I don;t remember if i had said it yet, but Hog is a blacksmith. :D

Seth Astra
Oct 9, 2010, 12:51 AM
Seth simply continued striking rocks against each other, doing his best to fashion them into throwing knives, and making quite a racket in the process.

DoctorQuark
Oct 9, 2010, 01:09 AM
OOC: Orly? Maybeh send him in? :3

NeonaPulsar
Oct 9, 2010, 01:19 AM
OOC: Might it make better sence to call him in?

DoctorQuark
Oct 9, 2010, 02:04 PM
OOC: I suppose. Although Doc normally would have been to caught up in messing around to think of it, but alright. :3

Doc, who was having difficulty with the metals, decided he needed some help. He opened up the door to the stockroom and called out to Hog. "Hey, Hog? If you're willing, we could really use a hand here. We've got some scrap metal that needs reshaping."

In the midst of all this noise, Jed was becoming infuriated. Finished with his stew, he walked up the stairs to his perch and quickly aimed his gun out the window, beginning his night watch.

NeonaPulsar
Oct 9, 2010, 10:19 PM
Hog felt that it would be nice to help out. After all, these people gave them a place to stay and food to eat. He got up, and calming walked over to Red. "What knid of metal we talking about?"

Rain finsihed off her soup and kindly thanked Amber. "Daddy, can i got back to hang out with Jed, he seems lonely... ?"

Hog looked back to his daughter, who was now standing at the foot of the stairs. "Sure, if its ok with him. Go and ask him first before you you get settled. If he says no, then come and find me, ok."

"Ok" she chimed happily, running up the stairs.

Seth Astra
Oct 9, 2010, 10:24 PM
Seth, watching Rain run up the stairs, sighed, before continuing his work and muttering, "Poor little girl... Born into an age of blood and darkness... Her youth keeps her bright and hopeful... Should she loose hope... She will end up like me..."

DoctorQuark
Oct 9, 2010, 10:27 PM
OOC: It's Doc here, Neona. But don't worry; a quick edit can fix that. :3

Doc showed Hog the metals. "Basically, they're surprisingly pure and unbent pieces of steel and iron. I'd like to fashion them into stronger tools."

Jed heard Rain coming up the stairs. However, not wanting to break his concentration, he paid her no mind. He continued to keep his eye on the alleyways.

NeonaPulsar
Oct 9, 2010, 11:45 PM
Hog examined the metals, now having bangs and dents from Dox's atempt to fashion them. "This will be no problem. Mind me asking what tools you are looking to fix up?"

~~~

Rain bouned up and into the room, hoping that Jed would be happy to see her. To have company, and not be lonely. But when she got there, Jed said nothing to her, just kept his eye out his window. Her excitment faded a bit as this. But she still wanted to hang out with him. Maybe he didn't notice her.

"Hiya Jed!" she said, and bright and happy tone, walking over to his window.

DoctorQuark
Oct 10, 2010, 09:20 AM
"Well, basically, we need a couple of machetes, a few odds and ends like pots and pans, and various other tools. A pickaxe might be nice. But this stuff is so strong that we don't know where to start on shaping it.

~~~

Jed turned his head for a moment and looked at Rain, and then turned to look back out the window. "Hey," he said, unenthusiastically. "What do ya want?"

Freeze
Oct 10, 2010, 02:44 PM
"Just two huh." Yukon said stepping up beside Mike, "There might be more but these should be no trouble."
He drew his bow and quickly loaded an arrow then sent it streaking out nailing the second monster right through the head dropping it to the ground. The lead monster quickly turned and charged at the group. Yukon drew his sword.
"Everyone on guard!" He yelled.

psofan219
Oct 10, 2010, 09:41 PM
"Nice eye." Mike said. He drew his sword and stepped ahead of Yukon as the second beast approached. When it was within striking distance Mike thrust his sword at it, but the beast jumped out of the way. The sword still met its target, as it created a small gash on the belly of the creature. Showing no signs of pain it charged at Mike, bringing down sharp claws and fangs on him as it jumped in the air. Mike barely got out of the way, then stabbed the beast in the back with his sword, barely missing its spinal cord. The tip of the sword entered the ground and Mike left it there until the beast fell lifeless, then pulled it free from the corpse. "If there were any others in the immediate area, I'm sure they'll be here shortly." Mike said. Mike spotted an unusually large fang in the beast that he killed. "Hey Yukon, think you'd be able to turn this fang into ammo for your bow? I'd imagine that this fang would have decent piercing ability." He added as he stared down at the fang. "Never seen one this big before."

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Oct 10, 2010, 09:51 PM
Yestal: "nice job Mike, but you are right, i think we should get moving before we get another visit" Yestal led farther along there unbeaten path.

Freeze
Oct 11, 2010, 01:17 PM
"All these teeth will make nice arrow heads." Yukon nodded and quickly severed the head with his sword.
He stuffed the head in his back then sheethed his sword.
"Let's get moving." He nodded.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Oct 13, 2010, 03:25 PM
The group continued on it's way until it reached the destination. upon arrival it was quickly realized that what they came for wasn't going to be what they got, as Yestal looked into the burning remains of a few small living areas and dead bodies lying around on the ground. Yestal turned back to the others and as tears brimmed at his eyes he brushed them away "it's all gone, how could they have known?"

Freeze
Oct 13, 2010, 05:19 PM
"I expect we'd find the same at the other remaining camps." Yukon said crossing his arms as he looked out at the destruction, "These creatures are spreading fast. We should keep moving. What ever did this won't be far away."

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Oct 13, 2010, 09:30 PM
Yestal: "the other places aren't anywhere near here, why would they know about the other ones?"

OOC: i want to add, we traveled for multiple days to get here, not just a few hours or anything

psofan219
Oct 14, 2010, 03:53 AM
"So how big of a pack you think did this? Fifty? Hundred? More?" Mike asked as he looked at the destruction. "Either way, it's for the best we don't stay to find out. So, where next? It took us days to get here, who knows how long it'll take to get to the other campgrounds, and if they'll even be in tact when we get there..." He pointed.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Oct 14, 2010, 06:09 AM
Yestal: "look over there, footprints, they can't be seen after this point, but they're in paires, this was probably the humanoids."

Freeze
Oct 14, 2010, 06:01 PM
"Defininatly humanoids." Yukon said kneeling down at the print, "They have animals with them. Canine like, about four or five."
He moved over to the animal tracks and spent a moment studying them.
"Looks like they're tracking something." He said pointing at the tracks, "I don't see any direct evidence but it's possible there might have been survivors from this camp."

psofan219
Oct 14, 2010, 09:28 PM
Mike gazed into the destroyed campground briefly before stepping inside the campgrounds. Bodies were carelessly scattered throughout the grounds and pools of blood covered much of the area. He started to walk slowly in one particular direction, giving no reason why.

OOC: Has this campground been completely wiped of life, or can there be one or two survivors who managed to get into hiding?

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Oct 14, 2010, 09:31 PM
OOC: no survivors, no runaways, all of them are dead. also, they were all humanoids (sorry for not mentioning that b4), please edit that part out of ur post. And they're not here anymore, they're relatively far off.

psofan219
Oct 14, 2010, 09:46 PM
OOC: Okay, just wondering. Try to include such data from now on. I know it can't be helped that you may forget, you're human after all, but it is vital.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Oct 14, 2010, 09:52 PM
OOC: ill try

NeonaPulsar
Oct 15, 2010, 01:05 AM
"Well, basically, we need a couple of machetes, a few odds and ends like pots and pans, and various other tools. A pickaxe might be nice. But this stuff is so strong that we don't know where to start on shaping it.

~~~

Jed turned his head for a moment and looked at Rain, and then turned to look back out the window. "Hey," he said, unenthusiastically. "What do ya want?"

OOC: I shall time laps us to morning. if my time is right, we should be cought up on the time line with Kyriths group now. (somewhat)

----

It was morning in the ruined town. Cool dark shadow lingered against buildings and ruble, as the sun climbed higher in the sky. Hog had spent the night doing what he did best, pounding out hot metal into anything that came to his mind. During the night, Amber had let him use her stove to heat the metal piese before pounding away. That unforchuetly kept most of the home awake. The others had a gotten use to it the later the night went and drifted off to a uneasy sleep. Jed didn't mind much having the job to keep a lookout. Rain had fallen asleep with no troble having heard the sounds a lot before, they could even be said ot helo her sleep.

But, alas, it was morning, Hog had finished knocking out what Dox had needed, and had taken to sleeping next to the anvil, Rain curled up on his chest, under his vest, that Hog had given her to use as a blanket.

psofan219
Oct 15, 2010, 01:58 AM
Mike had eventually walked back out of the camp, almost with a disappointed look on his face. "I... could've sworn I heard someone call for help in there but... Maybe I'm just hearing things." Mike said. "Seeing one of these destroyed campgrounds brings back bitter memories of how everyone I knew was instantly gone... Here, by my side one moment, and gone the next..." He added, then paused briefly. "We should get moving. We have a long road ahead of us."

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Oct 15, 2010, 04:56 PM
OOC: is Sord gone or something?

Freeze
Oct 15, 2010, 05:40 PM
"And where exactly were you planing on going?" Yukon shrugged leaning up against a tree, "Our problem is we are disorganized. It's making it easy for these creatures to wipe us out. If only we could gather enough people together for some kind of millitia or army. Unfortunately these monsters are making any chance of that extremely slim. This was our best chance of finding some one alive. Any idea's?"

NeonaPulsar
Oct 15, 2010, 05:50 PM
OOC: @Freeze: Would it be an idea to make your way to our group?

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Oct 15, 2010, 06:00 PM
Yestal"wait, whats that?" Yestal walked over to a notebook on the ground that was only slightly affected. he opened it and there was only one page inside, he read it aloud "Brought it upon ourselves? I can't believe that, no matter what you people say, humanity can't have caused it, it couldn't"

NeonaPulsar
Oct 15, 2010, 06:06 PM

"Understandable. My dauhter and I are from a far off town called Cambria. It was a decent town, survivers here and there, making a living of the land. But it turned into a Zone faster then anything i had seen. Monsters poured into my town one night, killing as many people that they could. I.. was one of the lucky. Me and Rain had gone out feilds for the day... We didn't return, once we saw the smoke and fire billowing in the distance."

*Rain stured a bit, but fell back to sleep*

OOC: I just had an Idea. ... There could be a surviver, or two. I cut away all but the detail i had the idea from.

DoctorQuark
Oct 15, 2010, 06:46 PM
OOC: Sounds like a plan. :3

Doc was asleep, next to their newly made tools, and Nixx was out in the hallway. Jed was leaned up against his window, snoring and holding his rifle. Amber, of course, was awake already. She was quietly tiptoeing throughout the building, cleaning up. Doc, being a light sleeper, woke up and walked into the kitchen where Amber was sorting out dishes. He sneaked behind Amber and tapped her on the shoulder, giving her a fright. "Good morning, Amber. Up early as usual, I see." Doc was tired, but he did his best to smile and laugh. Amber let out a sigh of relief and bowed to Doc. "Gee, Doc. You really scared me." She smiled faintly, and then proceeded to clean the dishes. "You know," Doc added, "I was thinking... Maybe you should come with me to go scavenging today. I'm sure doing all this stuff must get-" Amber, however, dropped her dishes and swung around before Doc could finish. "Oh, yes! That sounds wonderful!" Amber was ecstatic. "But... What about Nixx?" Doc shrugged. "Eh, I doubt he'll mind. Besides, we could use a third person to help us..." Nixx, who overheard this conversation, grunted and slumped over.

Seth Astra
Oct 15, 2010, 07:06 PM
Seth was sitting by the door. Still not fully trusting these people, he didn't sleep much. Overhearing Doc and Amber's conversation, he chuckled to himself, then thought, "What the heck am I going to do today?"

NeonaPulsar
Oct 15, 2010, 07:18 PM
Rain had goten up and wondered into the room to over hear Seth.

"Do... *yawn*, want to play with me?" she asked, rubbing sleepys from her eyes.

Seth Astra
Oct 15, 2010, 07:24 PM
Seth smiled, stood up, streached, and replied, "Sure, why not."

OOC: That was just his thoughs earlier, but that doesn't really matter.

NeonaPulsar
Oct 15, 2010, 07:29 PM
Rain looked happy. After getting a cold sholder from Jed the other night, she was happy to find that this guy would play.

"Do you want to play hide and seek?"

Seth Astra
Oct 15, 2010, 07:33 PM
"Eh, sure," Seth shrugged. He then thought to himself, "Well, as nice as it will be just to be able to play with this girl, I think I'd like to go with the scouting party later."

NeonaPulsar
Oct 15, 2010, 08:29 PM
"YAY" she cheered. "Do you want to hade first?"

Seth Astra
Oct 15, 2010, 08:32 PM
"Eh, sure," Seth shrugged. "Just don't leave the building, though, okay?"

DoctorQuark
Oct 15, 2010, 08:37 PM
Jed, hearing all of the ruckus of the morning, woke. He then rubbed his eyes and looked around. Not seeing anybody, he then slumped back to see if he could get a few more minutes of sleep in. Just then, he heard another commotion outside of the building. He looked down, and was shocked to see a large group of at least fifty monsters heading towards them. He fell back for a moment, not sure if he was dreaming or not, and then grabbed his gun and rushed down the stairs.

NeonaPulsar
Oct 15, 2010, 08:41 PM
Hog had gotten up now, and was in the main room. Rain ran up to his leg, and waved at Seth to go and hide, while she put her head to the leg and started counting.

Seth Astra
Oct 15, 2010, 08:42 PM
Seth, seeing the look in Jed's eyes as he entered the room, turned to Rain and said, "Sorry, I don't think I'll be able to play with you right now. Grown up stuff." He then asked Jed, "What's wrong, and where do you need me?"

DoctorQuark
Oct 15, 2010, 08:44 PM
Doc and Amber were chatting while Nixx simply grunted at all the noise. Just then, Jed rushed into the room, calling out to everybody. "Folks, we gotta problem, here. Buncha monsters are makin' their way towards our buildin'. Accursed things musta followed ya'll here after your scoutin' last night. Nixx, hearing this, leapt up and grabbed his new machete. Amber was frightened, and Doc stood up quickly, a serious look on his face. "How many are we talking here?" Jed rushed his answer. "About fifty of 'em, it looked like."

Seth Astra
Oct 15, 2010, 08:46 PM
Seth quicky ran to his stuff, jammed some makeshift knives into his coat, and grabbe the pipe he used as a staff, then turned to the door, and assumed a defensive stance.

NeonaPulsar
Oct 15, 2010, 08:53 PM
Hogs face tenced up. He picked up Rain and took her to the bacement. "Wait here. Do Not Move. I will come get you once this is over. Do you understand me" hog spoke in a firm tone. Rain gave a nod, now a little frightend. Hog gave her a kiss, then headed up stairs, hammers in hand, gaurding the basement and his daughter.

DoctorQuark
Oct 15, 2010, 09:27 PM
Doc grabbed another machete, and Amber grabbed the closest thing to her; a rusty, banged-out pot. The two stuck close together, while Nixx followed behind. Jed readied himself. "Now, listen up, ya'll. Them monsters are gonna rush in like nobody's business. You watch each other, now. If one of us gets pounced, help 'em out." Amber was worried. "But what happens next? Even if we do beat them, won't they just come back in bigger swarms?" The others didn't want to agree, but they knew that was mostly true. "Yeah, I figure yer right." Jed scratched his head. "We'll finish up here, but then we're gonna have to pack up our things and move out. This place, I guess, isn't safe anymore..." Doc looked disappointed, as did Amber and Nixx. They had lived here for a while, and hadn't expected something like this to happen.

NeonaPulsar
Oct 15, 2010, 09:38 PM
OOC: Anyone else get the feeling from the movie; "I am Legend"

---

Hog grunted menisingly, eyeing the shadows rushing past the building.

DoctorQuark
Oct 15, 2010, 09:39 PM
OOC: Kinda reminiscent of it, yeah. :3

Jed slowly walked up to the door, and then pushed it aside. He was immediately assailed with a group of small monsters, which he abruptly bashed away with the butt of his gun. Nixx, wanting to hit something, quickly ran in and sliced a monster across the face, only to be attacked by two more. Doc neared the group to prepare for an attack, and Amber hung back, frightened by the monsters.

NeonaPulsar
Oct 15, 2010, 09:52 PM
Hog gerstured to Amber to get near him, noticing her heasitaion. A monster burst past the door group and barreled towards Amber, to be promply and suddonly smashed to the floor, by Hogs hammers. He gave a quick smile to her before having ot fend off another.

DoctorQuark
Oct 15, 2010, 09:55 PM
Amber was thankful that Hog helped. However, she quickly saw another rushing towards Hog. Not wanting him to get hurt, she abruptly bashed it with her pot, knocking it across the room. She sighed deeply, never having killed anything before. Doc did his best to keep any of the monsters from getting into the building, and Nixx was busy fighting off a large group that had turned their attention on him. Close to being overwhelmed, Nixx started to tremble. Suddenly, Jed jumped in with a knife, kicking away two of the monsters while slicing one. He backed up with Nixx, helping him to fend off the beasts.

NeonaPulsar
Oct 15, 2010, 10:05 PM
Hog gave Amber a nod, before another monster lept onto his back. But living with the constant reality of having ot deal with these thing, Hog didn't even pause, he jumped high, leaning back and falling. Hitting the floor with a heavy thud, flating the monster dead under his weight. But in no time two more were at his heels.

DoctorQuark
Oct 15, 2010, 10:19 PM
Amber bashed another monster away, but only to be faced with another, which promptly leaped on her. It was about to go for her throat, but Doc then jumped in, tackling it to the floor. He accidentally dropped his machete in the process, and wrestled with it while trying to reach it again. Amber was too stricken with fear to do anything. Meanwhile, Nixx and Jed were thinning out the number of monsters. One leaped towards Jed and nearly landed on his head, but Jed promptly shot it out of the air. He then bashed yet another monster away while Nixx hacked frantically at an oncoming group.

NeonaPulsar
Oct 15, 2010, 10:28 PM
OOC: Shall we wait so Seth can have some fun? I remember when i came in after missing a good fight.

DoctorQuark
Oct 15, 2010, 10:30 PM
Yeah, we should let it hang for just a little while. :3 Shame HU won't join this one.

Seth Astra
Oct 15, 2010, 10:54 PM
Seth had been fending off monters with his makeshift staff. Several had been stuck by his daggers, and he finished those off with ease. Seeing Doc struggling, he ran towards the monster and threw a dagger at it. He then threw his staff over it, lept on its back, grabbed it, rolled over, dragging it off Doc, and slit its throat with his combat knife. He put the knife away and picked his staff back up, and said to Doc, "Stay close, don't get killed."

NeonaPulsar
Oct 15, 2010, 10:57 PM
Hog had his hammers coated with blood, monster corpes scattered around the room. There seemed no end to them.

DoctorQuark
Oct 15, 2010, 11:01 PM
Seth had been fending off monters with his makeshift staff. Several had been stuck by his daggers, and he finished those off with ease. Seeing Amber get pinned down, he ran towards the monster and threw a dagger at it. He then threw his staff over it, lept on its back, grabbed it, rolled over, dragging it off Amber, and slit its throat with his combat knife. He put the knife away and picked his staff back up, and said to Amber, "Stay close, don't get killed."

OOC: Er, Seth? Doc kinda has that monster locked in mortal combat right now, as I'm sure you'll read. :3

Seth Astra
Oct 15, 2010, 11:04 PM
OOC: Edited and fixed.

DoctorQuark
Oct 15, 2010, 11:15 PM
OOC: Okay, cool. :3

Amber picked up Doc's machete and brought it to him. However, he had a bad laceration on his arm, and Amber was so busy trying to help Doc that she didn't notice the other monsters flooding in. Doc, seeing this, quickly took his machete and tossed it, managing to impale two on the blade. He then kicked one more which jumped.

It seemed like the monsters were thinning out. Only a few more remained. The entire building was stained with the blood of the beasts by this point. Nixx cut a few more away. "This is ridiculous. If we ever have to fight this many monsters again, I'm just gonna walk away."

NeonaPulsar
Oct 15, 2010, 11:15 PM
As the fight wore on, everyone fought to there best.

Then out of nowhere, Hog heard Rain let out a screem. Without even a pause, he whirled and charged through the door to the basement, rendering it to splinters. He flew to the foot of the stairs to find monsters squeezing there way through hole in the wall. It looked like they had been digging. One had already gotten in and was standing over Rain. And She screemed again

For a breif moment, Hog saw nothing but red. He threw a hammer, crunching the monsters back and sending it into a wall. Rain hastily got up and ran behind he dads legs. Hog smashed a second, then belowed up the stairs. "They'v dug into the basement"

DoctorQuark
Oct 15, 2010, 11:17 PM
Jed, hearing Hog, grunted. "They're comin' in from the back, too? Great. Ya'll, we've gotta get outta here now. Grab what you can. We'll run until the sun comes up, and then we'll have to find another place to settle down." Jed smacked a few more monsters aside.

Seth Astra
Oct 15, 2010, 11:20 PM
"I have a few hideouts made up, but they'd be pretty cramped with this many people!" Seth shouted, as he fended off monsters with his staff and daggers.

NeonaPulsar
Oct 15, 2010, 11:25 PM
A monster flew up the stairs, with great force to crash into the ceiling, and fall dead to the floor. hog was apparently fighting the ones that were coming in.

DoctorQuark
Oct 16, 2010, 09:39 AM
When the coast was clear enough, Doc called for everybody to move. "Amber, I need you to grab our tools! Everything else can stay for now! We've all gotta get out of here before we get overrun!" As Doc said this, he and Nixx exited the building to help ensure no more got in to hinder the others paths. Amber quickly grabbed all of her tools. However, she also grabbed her diary and "pencil". She then rushed behind Doc and Nixx, prepared to run.

Seth Astra
Oct 16, 2010, 07:01 PM
"Quick, we're getting out!" Seth yelled down the stairs to Hog and Rain. Meanwhile, a monster jumpped him, and he quickly knocked it away with his staff, before taking his dagger and slicing its throat.

DoctorQuark
Oct 16, 2010, 07:06 PM
Doc and Nixx finally pushed through the last group of monsters, finishing them all off. However, they were surprised to see that no more monsters were pursuing them. Nixx was still wary, but Doc was somehow comforted. "Alright, guys. It looks like the coast is clear for now. Let's get moving before more decide to show up." Doc sheathed his machete, and Amber sidled up next to him.

Freeze
Oct 16, 2010, 10:20 PM
"It's hard to say Yestal." Yukon said placing a hand on his shoulder, "We just don't have enough information. It's not really that important now anyway. Our main concern is survival and the way things are going now that seems quite unlikely unless we can start striking back."
Yukon dropped his hand and walked over to the burned out remains of a hut. He picked up the partial remains of a burnt book. He flipped through the remains but it was too far gone. He let it fall back to the ground before turning back to the group.
"More than lives were lost here today." He said grimly, "I suggest we start looking for surviours. These large camps are prime targets. We need to start looking in places where people might hide from these things. Caves, swamps, even the ruined buildings of the city we left may hold people."

Seth Astra
Oct 16, 2010, 10:37 PM
Seth nodded, and hurried the others out of the building. He didn't put down his staff, and was on guard the whole time.

NeonaPulsar
Oct 16, 2010, 11:55 PM
Rain was back to clinging to her fathers head as they ran. Hog keeping a strong pase with Doc and Nixx.

DoctorQuark
Oct 17, 2010, 09:24 AM
Jed, watching their back, followed suit. However, as he looked up at the top of one of the neighboring buildings, he noticed one monster, which suddenly became ten. They then began to pour down the side of the buildings, coming out in waves. Jed immediately hurried his pace. "Keep runnin' and don't look back!" Jed yelled out. "They ha'nt given up on us yet!"

NeonaPulsar
Oct 17, 2010, 09:56 PM
"The H*ll they will. Nothing threatens my rains safty" Hog bellowed as the ran between two large and tall building. The base floor walls had been long sence gone, leaving only the support beams visable. hog unhooked his hammers from his belt as Jed ran past him.

"Ye better hope you can run fast... HewrrraaAAHH!!!" Hog ran past teh building on the right and with a great force, smashed his hammers through one of the beams continued on and smashed through another. But this had slowed him downa bit, the monsters gaining ground.

"JED, cover me!" He bellowed again, powering on running. With all the smashing the building next to him begain to falter, and lean.

----

OOC: ( ... ready to crush the monsters if Hog and Rain can get out in time. )

DoctorQuark
Oct 17, 2010, 10:02 PM
Jed reluctantly spun around. Having loaded one shot in since they left, he fired and manage to take two of them out, although he realized that that wouldn't be enough to stop the monsters. "They're gonna catch up," he muttered. He rushed forward and moved Hog and Rain aside. He then smacked several monsters aside and kept them from passing.

Doc, noticing this, turned around. "Jed! What are you doing! You've gotta-" However, in that instant, the building began to crumble. Jed saw this, and leaped past the monsters, making it out of the building's way just in time to keep from being crushed. The monsters, who didn't react quickly enough, were all taken as the building crashed the the ground. There was silence. Doc, Amber and Nixx ran up to the pile of rubble that now blocked the way. Amber was the first to call out. "Jed! Can you hear me? Are you all right over there?" Nobody, however, replied.

NeonaPulsar
Oct 17, 2010, 10:22 PM
Hog was breathing hard, looking over the rubble. "JED!!!" Rain called from her fathers head, a small tear in her eye for the 'angry man' who she kept company with once.

Seth Astra
Oct 17, 2010, 10:52 PM
Seth lowered his head in silence for a moment. He didin't particularly care about any of these people, but he was greatful that Jed had saved his life. Perhaps it was his detached feelings that allowed him to keep his mind clear. "Let's keep moving," he ordered, no emotion in his voice.

DoctorQuark
Oct 18, 2010, 06:47 PM
Nixx was silent for a moment, and then he turned to leave with the others. He looked as though he was fighting back tears. Doc and Amber took a few moments. Amber then took Doc's hand, and he led her on.

A few minutes later, a cough emerged from a small pile of rubble on the opposite end of the wreckage. Jed shoved a few rocks aside and climbed out, naught but a few scratches on him. He coughed again, dusted himself off, and looked around for his rifle. A few yards away, he found it, although it was shattered. Jed spat and sighed. He then turned to the wreckage. "I sure hope they got away," he muttered to himself. "Guess I'll have to try and meet up with them ahead." He then turned and walked down a separate road.

NeonaPulsar
Oct 18, 2010, 10:02 PM
As the group walked on, no monster bothered them. It had seemed that they had all gathered in one bunch to attack. Most had been killed at the house, the remaining had been buryed under that building.

No-one was in range to hear of Jed survival, having walked quite a ways. Hog had given Rain something to do to get her mind of the lose. Most of the flowers in his beard had fallen out or die, so Rain was running with the group, looking for replacements.

DoctorQuark
Oct 18, 2010, 10:06 PM
Red and Amber were still walking solemnly together. Nixx, however, was less reverent. "So," he said out loud," not to sound... Ungrateful, or anything... But what do we do from here? After a year long setup, you don't just magically find a new hideout." Doc glared at him. "We'll think of something," Doc growled, rather non-menacingly. Nixx simply shrugged.

NeonaPulsar
Oct 18, 2010, 10:18 PM
OOC: So what now?

Timelaps? Find Kyriths group? Adventure?

DoctorQuark
Oct 18, 2010, 10:20 PM
OOC: Adventure, more than likely. :3 Merging with Kyrith's group would be cool, but I don't think it's geographically feasable at the moment. Soooooo let's find somewhere to go. Perhaps you'd like to lead the way? :3

NeonaPulsar
Oct 18, 2010, 10:26 PM
OOC: I could. Though... to where? As far as i know, we have left the ruined town and the surounding area is desert like. Any ideas.. or do you want to lead ? :D

DoctorQuark
Oct 18, 2010, 10:28 PM
Well, they're in a ruined town, and the one building they were living in was the only one really suited for four or more people to call a home. And now that there's six, the only real answer is to find a new area less overrun by monsters. Didn't Hog and Rain come by any kind of settlement? :3