PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see in pso2?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

NoiseHERO
May 1, 2011, 07:27 PM
Too much stuff flying around for friendly fire, people might get beat up unintentionally just for trying to team up on a boss with everyones spraying bullets and having giant swords.

FEI LEE
May 1, 2011, 07:37 PM
Come to think of it has anyone addressed the issue of how items could be distributed? I'd rather not have everyone camping the area where the boss drops it's rare again. Not to mention rangers fighting from a distance and being generally screwed when a rare dropped since hunters were up close.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 1, 2011, 07:40 PM
Here's what I'd do: individualized drops for every member of the party.

NoiseHERO
May 1, 2011, 07:41 PM
I thought all games had random and order distribution? :0

I actually prefer PSZ and PSP2's system where everyone gets their own drops, which would also benefit people for having full sized partied.

ARChan
May 1, 2011, 07:43 PM
Here's what I'd do: individualized drops for every member of the party.

Hmmm... Not a bad idea, but that's not good either. Individualized drops makes the hunt for items less of a challange to get something, and it may seem like you're trying to beat the time to get it rather than trying to get it from everyone. However, universal drops can be unfair because of those people who do not have a fast enough computer to beat the other players to the item. If anything, if there's going to be universal drops, I say the the one who killed the enemy should get a 5-second headstart to get the item. However, that would also pose as a problem for the players who have a low damage output. Hmm... What to do?

Better yet, why not make it so that the group can set the drop standards? ^^;

FEI LEE
May 1, 2011, 07:45 PM
I thought all games had random and order distribution? :0

I actually prefer PSZ and PSP2's system where everyone gets their own drops, which would also benefit people for having full sized partied.

Most people in PSOBB just ended up playing with give to finder anyway. PSU was also flawed when it came to set in order since many people would purposely skip others turns.

PSZ used individual loot unless I'm mistaken. That does seem like the best rout to take imo

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 1, 2011, 07:47 PM
To be fair, PSU order system was very poorly understood by the majority of players and was actually extraordinarily difficult to manipulate in any meaningful fashion.

It was by far the preferred option in PSU.

Nitro Vordex
May 1, 2011, 07:51 PM
Individual finds would be nice, but only if it maybe allowed trading mid-mission. If not then drop trading at least. That way, if someone finds something different and somebody else has what they want, they can just trade right there.

But, everyone knows that drop-trading is just a bad idea in general. So individual finds would be good. Or everyone gets the item, but then all of my inflation.

A rock paper scissors system might be interesting, but wouldn't really work in parties more than two.

FEI LEE
May 1, 2011, 07:54 PM
To be fair, PSU order system was very poorly understood by the majority of players and was actually extraordinarily difficult to manipulate in any meaningful fashion.

It was by far the preferred option in PSU.

Thats true however, there was an overabundance of "rare" materials people could spam or "accidentally" pick up. Not to say booting wasn't an easy solution but still.

MidiPour
May 1, 2011, 07:54 PM
Individual finds would be nice, but only if it maybe allowed trading mid-mission. If not then drop trading at least. That way, if someone finds something different and somebody else has what they want, they can just trade right there.

But, everyone knows that drop-trading is just a bad idea in general. So individual finds would be good. Or everyone gets the item, but then all of my inflation.

A rock paper scissors system might be interesting, but wouldn't really work in parties more than two.

I think trading is bad in general, why would you want to deal with double auto save? I think items should simply be discarded, disappearing for good, or stored in the inventory. I think this way there will be a much better sense of accomplishment for difficult finds.

Pillan
May 1, 2011, 07:55 PM
They basically did kill trading in PSP2, so it would not be too surprising if any weapon you wanted to trade was not possible.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 1, 2011, 07:58 PM
Thats true however, there was an overabundance of "rare" materials people could spam or "accidentally" pick up. Not to say booting wasn't an easy solution but still.Yes, but the order itself was randomly generated, and re-randomized every cycle, so like I said, it was almost impossible to manipulate the system in any meaningful fashion.

Niloklives
May 1, 2011, 07:59 PM
PSP2i and PSP2 have individual drops as well. When someone picks something rare up, it notifies everyone else of exactly what it is. I think in mission trading would be a bad idea as all game play would come to a halt for negotiations, but absolutely everyone should get their own drops: if you see it, it's yours and if don't want it, don't pick it up,

Nitro Vordex
May 1, 2011, 08:03 PM
I think trading is bad in general, why would you want to deal with double auto save? I think items should simply be discarded, disappearing for good, or stored in the inventory. I think this way there will be a much better sense of accomplishment for difficult finds.
What does trading have to do with double saving?

Trading is kind of a big thing to have in a game about teamwork. Having someone on the team holding you back simply because they can't find a decent weapon is ridiculous, because at least with the trading ability, he'd be able to get a better weapon from someone else, therefore making him useful, while the seller profits. Abolishing trading would turn the game into a grindfest even more, and some people just don't have the time to grind for their equipment.

MidiPour
May 1, 2011, 08:12 PM
What does trading have to do with double saving?

Trading is kind of a big thing to have in a game about teamwork. Having someone on the team holding you back simply because they can't find a decent weapon is ridiculous, because at least with the trading ability, he'd be able to get a better weapon from someone else, therefore making him useful, while the seller profits. Abolishing trading would turn the game into a grindfest even more, and some people just don't have the time to grind for their equipment.

Usually you can obtain a decent weapon by V. Hard, I think people are complaining about how they don't have the absolute best weapon, or have enough God/etc. The difficulty actually makes the game rewarding.

At least Forces wont be seen level 30 teching early on.

Nitro Vordex
May 1, 2011, 08:28 PM
Usually you can obtain a decent weapon by V. Hard, I think people are complaining about how they don't have the absolute best weapon, or have enough God/etc. The difficulty actually makes the game rewarding. Well, yeah, part of that is definitely just people being finicky. Some people do have terrible luck. I should know. :disapprove:

But I do agree with them at least being difficult to find. I just don't agree that they shouldn't be allowed to trade.

At least Forces wont be seen level 30 teching early on.
Ugh. Let's not even get into that.

moorebounce
May 1, 2011, 09:02 PM
I'm just like most of the posts I've read already.

Mags and Section IDs (I'm sure there’ll be some form of it anyway). I would like to have at least 10 – 12 character slots. I would like them to make it easier to join rooms like it was in PSO EP 1, 2 and 4. I like voice chat and got spoiled using it on the Xbox PSO. I really don't want them to bring back old maps because that’s where a majority of the players will end up. I wouldn't mind similar looking maps as far as style but not the exact same maps. I don’t want the old music either but I wouldn’t mind re-mixed versions of the old music.

I'm actually very happy with what I've seen so far from PSO2.

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2011, 12:05 AM
I wanna see...what the other 6-7 planets are gonna look like...

I can already think of the stereotypes for multiple video game stages being applied...but, even PSU had some unique approaches. e_e

Hopefully one of the planets will be post apocalyptic.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 2, 2011, 12:08 AM
Maybe one planet will be nothing but sewer levels.

FEI LEE
May 2, 2011, 12:14 AM
Section ID's that don't make you tear your hair out because you can't use multiple names you wanted.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 2, 2011, 12:19 AM
If Section IDs are included (it's looking like they won't be), you should just be able to pick whichever one you want when making your character.

Corey Blue
May 2, 2011, 12:21 AM
If Section IDs are included (it's looking like they won't be), you should just be able to pick whichever one you want when making your character.

I hope this is the case,if they do make it in.

t3hVeG
May 2, 2011, 12:23 AM

This.

Always thought basing Section ID's by name was incredibly stupid. (especially when alot of the names I wanted to use always warranted god damn Yellowboze >_<)

DeltaLeaf
May 2, 2011, 12:27 AM
I kind of liked the name based Section IDs. It gave me suspense.

Palle
May 2, 2011, 12:29 AM
This.

Always thought basing Section ID's by name was incredibly stupid. (especially when alot of the names I wanted to use always warranted god damn Yellowboze >_<)

Most of the ones I wanted were Pinkal. I wasn't that manly back in 2002.

LoveRappy
May 2, 2011, 12:33 AM
what i want to see mostly is SEGA upping the ante and make their own "firewall" (like how other MMOs do, example - WoW and their "Warden", etc) and actually be adamant on fixing exploits/banning users. NOT just using that junky GameGuard and leaving it be - that thing is really annoying and doesnt even work.

i also hope there is servers located in the USA. i dont wanna play on Japanese servers. this time i hope they split the locales, it makes for better game play experience. they can still patch multiple regions at the same time, etc. and i hope SEGA of USA takes control of the English side of the game (North American servers run/patched/maintained/etc by North Americans).

game play side of things... i really hope PSO2 is JUST that - PSO getting a second go. NOTHING LIKE UNIVERSE/THE PSP GAMES!

RenzokukenZ
May 2, 2011, 12:33 AM
If Section IDs are coming back, I still want them to be random upon creation, but not by the name of your character.

Maybe a quick little questionnaire asking what you like to use and such.

LoveRappy
May 2, 2011, 12:36 AM

i agree with this as well.

i hated that they where based on name. i never could use a name i actually wanted to and had to "improvise". so annoying.

Corey Blue
May 2, 2011, 12:45 AM
If Section IDs are coming back, I still want them to be random upon creation, but not by the name of your character.

THIS is perfect.

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2011, 12:47 AM
THIS is perfect.

If it's like animal crossing, it'll only be a half an hour before it's no different from just choosing the one you want...

RenzokukenZ
May 2, 2011, 12:51 AM
That's because back then, you had no idea what Section ID gave you what in PSO. It wasn't only until there has been YEARS of research that we now know what drops more with what ID.

At least with the questionnaire idea, you get an idea of what you're going to expect to find from the get go.

Corey Blue
May 2, 2011, 12:54 AM
If it's like animal crossing, it'll only be a half an hour before it's no different from just choosing the one you want...

True because soon people will know what question's give what,but it's still a fun idea.

FEI LEE
May 2, 2011, 12:58 AM

Wouldn't that become useless after a certain period of time though? Once you answer the questions one way you could just relay your choices to your friends so they would know what yields what?

Maybe just allow them to be chosen like logik mentioned

--Damn you guys beat me to it lol

Corey Blue
May 2, 2011, 01:01 AM
Wouldn't that become useless after a certain period of time though? Once you answer the questions one way you could just relay your choices to your friends so they would know what yields what?

Maybe just allow them to be chosen like logik mentioned
I kinda like questionnaire's for games,but whatever they do I'm cool with it.(As long as it's not the name thing.)

RenzokukenZ
May 2, 2011, 01:02 AM
Well don't forget, if Sections IDs will function the same way as in PSO (assuming they return at all), then not only will it affect what rares you find, but generally what gear you find, like how people with Skyly find swords better or people with Yellowboze find more meseta.

Because being a Pinkal HUcast sucked for that reason, so with that questionnaire in mind you fill out small details like "what weapon do you like the most?" or something like that and you're set.

But yeah, as long as nothing is determined by your name, it's all good.

•Col•
May 2, 2011, 01:07 AM
Because being a Pinkal HUcast sucked for that reason, so with that questionnaire in mind you fill out small details like "what weapon do you like the most?" or something like that and you're set.

^I'd like that. I don't want to have to add some weird symbols to my name to get the ID I want.

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 01:37 AM
Ooh, I thought of something I'd like to see in PSO2:

Let our characters have defined toes, please. It was weird seeing defined hands (with fingers) in PSU, but having my character's feet just be globs of curved meat (except for maybe two or three outfits, in which the big toe was separated. Still looked bad, though). Let's go ahead and remember that it's 2011, Sega.

Thanks.

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2011, 01:48 AM
^
*gives all my characters megaman legs and popeye arms*

Problem hunewearl haters?

FEI LEE
May 2, 2011, 01:54 AM
I'm kind of hoping they bring back rare armors that appear on your character when equipped.

Dongra
May 2, 2011, 01:59 AM
^
*gives all my characters megaman legs and popeye arms*

Problem hunewearl haters?
Not really. My Hunewearl roughly looked like that.

moorebounce
May 2, 2011, 02:05 AM
That's because back then, you had no idea what Section ID gave you what in PSO. It wasn't only until there has been YEARS of research that we now know what drops more with what ID.

Actually the official guide book told you what each section ID was good at finding. There was no years of research involved. lol

RenzokukenZ
May 2, 2011, 02:09 AM
When it came to determine what rares dropped with what ID, and the chances of those rares of showing up, then yes.

.lol

moorebounce
May 2, 2011, 02:10 AM
The section IDs were there to get people to play together more. If you weren't a certain section ID you could play with someone who had a section ID that was good at finding something you were looking for.

Tetsaru
May 2, 2011, 02:14 AM

I like this idea too. Perhaps they could even take it so far as each Section ID belonging to its own in-game guild that specializes in a specific weapon type, or has certain perks? For example, if you were Yellowboze, not only would you get more money in drops, but there'd be an actual Yellowboze guild hall (there'd be one for each ID, and they'd be good places for mission counters), and perhaps NPC shops could also give you discounts on merchandise? Or let's say Redria was geared towards sabers; more and unique saber weapons would drop (or perhaps the guild could reward you with ones based on your accomplishments), and NPC shops might also offer exclusive saber weapons only for Redria members. Granted, you could probably still trade that kind of stuff (unless it was account-bound in some way, which I'd kinda prefer personally), but I think it'd be cool to see Section ID's return with more differences than just item drops.

I'm kind of hoping they bring back rare armors that appear on your character when equipped.

I'd like this too. I always liked seeing your own equipment visible on your character, so long as it doesn't cover up any clothing/parts/cosmetic aspects.

That, and weapons need to change forms and animate again like they did in PSO, as well as have unique special visual effects. I was pissed when I saw that the Psycho Wand in PSU didn't fold up or extend like it did in PSO...

moorebounce
May 2, 2011, 02:28 AM
When it came to determine what rares dropped with what ID, and the chances of those rares of showing up, then yes.

.lol

First of all you didn't specify rares in your post. Try reading your post again. If you would have mention rares that would be true but you didn't. lol

RenzokukenZ
May 2, 2011, 02:31 AM
I didn't have to. That's what Section IDs dictate, that and basically common drops.

Skye-Fox713
May 2, 2011, 03:14 AM
If Section ID's return I would try my hardest to get the Skyly for my main RAmarl (or RAbeastal if beasts are in), because that's what I had for my character in PSO EP.1&2. I wouldn't care if it was the best for swords, as long as it could find some guns I'd be fine with it. It'd be more of a nostalgia thing for me.

Genoa
May 2, 2011, 04:04 AM
What I want from PSO2....
-= Sci-fi Anime RPG phantasy theme (u see wut a did thar? har har) *check*
-= Diversity, YET, balance among classes/races/gender combinations
-= Fancy-ass weapons and armors
-= Seksi attack animations/photonarts/skills/techniques all that mumbojumbo
-= A good story :3 awwwwwww
-= Crazy ass bosses that can't be killed in 5 seconds because u have the wtfroflpwnd T-jswordpunisherchargevulcanpewpew50%darkgtfolaunche r
-= SPECIALWEAPON? <---- who didn't like? Get real
-= NO CRAFTING! The only RNG should be the drop rate and perhaps a form of enhancing the equipment. fadjflkadjsh i am so done with crafting shit. stingyassgamblingkoreangrindgames >____>
-= Did I mention fancy outfits? Definitely need fancy outfits
-= A global chat system, you know, that way you can communicate with people who aren't either standing 10 feet in front of you OR happen to already be on your friends list after you finally found them when searching for someone to play with for 4 hours?
-= No TTF isweartogodragewrrryyyyyyyyy!!!!11111
-= More teamwork instances such as Challenge Mode. Shit was legit
-= An extremely high Replay Value

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 04:07 AM
stingyassgamblingkoreangrindgames >____>

Don't forget a GPA over 9000.

And no life outside of Starcraft.

-Wayu

HyperShot-X-
May 2, 2011, 04:39 AM
bring back BATTLE mode concept but more refined and somehow incorporated into main quest like 4 vs 4 team battle instances against another party in quest, with prizes and rewards like rares and stuffs for the winning team members or for survival to make progress to new level/area, also with competitive matchmaking based on team performance for clearing missions.

One of the reason I wanted to see friendly fire mode implemented was that it sets up game mechanics for possible battle mode engine, and there are creative ways to counter abusing the system such as taking away your own Exp if you damage your teammate on purpose or get negatively reflected on player/team performance for penalty. Have hunters equip a unit that could repel friendly attack spells if force is nuking enemy mob too close to them. I wasn't really expecting it to go overboard like being able to blow away your teammate but at least have like physical barrier on chars and maybe non-damaging(HP wise) friendly attacks as the basis for some sort of deeper physical interaction among teammates and coordination such as in battle formation tactics, it'd be deeper and more interesting combat mechanics than just everyone run forward, kill everything on sight as fast as you can, repeat.

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 04:45 AM
The one problem I have with bringing back Battle Mode is the Rangers...their PP regeneration is godly (recovering almost 30 PP with one three-round burst?), explosive PAs that I could easily see being exploited to endlessly juggle enemies, shooting while moving at normal running speed...

Then there's Forces who - to be honest - I believe will have some very impressive combat abilities that could dominate the Battle Mode landscape. We don't know yet, but I'm kind of scared to see what they'll be capable of doing.

-Wayu

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 04:53 AM
I agree, a battle mode would pretty much tell hunters to go screw themselves just like in PSO. all a force had to do was use a spell that was strong enough to knock you over and it was GG guys. Rangers could easily space you out. In any case, this isn't the kind of game that would properly support a battle mode unless it was so radically different from normal play it wouldn't be the same game anymore. even with dodge rolling, all it means is even less a hunter could go in the face of a ranger or force. It's just a bad idea.

HyperShot-X-
May 2, 2011, 05:06 AM
well, it wouldn't be that easy to balance out the types for Battle mode instance but one possible way would be to apply rock-paper-scissor concept, Hunter has advantage over Force, Force has advantage against Ranger, and Ranger has advantage over Hunter.

Whichever creative way they make it work, I just wanna see it done right on even playing field this time, without all the hackings and exploits involved.

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 05:16 AM
And how do you implement that? Even if, per se, Hunters take less damage from Forces and so on, Hunters will STILL get royally screwed and Rangers & Forces would still dominate.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
May 2, 2011, 05:27 AM
By giving Hunters the ability to hit targets without physically touching them :wacko:

Or take PSP2's Battle Mode, where techs were crap and Dus Skad was king, and use that.

Zarode
May 2, 2011, 05:34 AM
A way to check a player's ping.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 05:42 AM
By giving Hunters the ability to hit targets without physically touching them :wacko:

Or take PSP2's Battle Mode, where techs were crap and Dus Skad was king, and use that.

I don't see how a force would lose even then. dodge rolls and timed blocking? all a force needs is a wand and a shield. and rangers only need a rifle with a good SE on it. the hunter really can't be immune to all of them. plus with the right PA, the rifle will just cause a downed effect on hit. game over.

RenzokukenZ
May 2, 2011, 05:44 AM
I don't see how a force would lose even then. dodge rolls and timed blocking? all a force needs is a wand and a shield. and rangers only need a rifle with a good SE on it. the hunter really can't be immune to all of them. plus with the right PA, the rifle will just cause a downed effect on hit. game over.

On paper, that is true. But considering how laggy battle mode was on PSP2, well, you'll have to see for yourself just how bad it was.

Hence Dus Skad being king. And it was cool that Rangers had the knockdown PA with rifles.

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 06:20 AM
Renzo, we're not talking about PSP2 here, you derp. ^^;

-Wayu

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 06:23 AM
On paper, that is true. But considering how laggy battle mode was on PSP2, well, you'll have to see for yourself just how bad it was.

Hence Dus Skad being king. And it was cool that Rangers had the knockdown PA with rifles.

Well that's not saying much for the balance, but bad coding. seeing as we wouldn't...or at least better not have that kind of lag on a PC, we'd run into that same problem. I just don't see a way to implement it where hunters wouldn't get screwed unless they could use rifles or something. even then that would turn PvP into rifle battles...and rangers would still have the advantage.

FEI LEE
May 2, 2011, 06:25 AM
I agree, a battle mode would pretty much tell hunters to go screw themselves just like in PSO. all a force had to do was use a spell that was strong enough to knock you over and it was GG guys. Rangers could easily space you out. In any case, this isn't the kind of game that would properly support a battle mode unless it was so radically different from normal play it wouldn't be the same game anymore. even with dodge rolling, all it means is even less a hunter could go in the face of a ranger or force. It's just a bad idea.

Don't forget how zonde could screw you from 10 rooms away

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 06:27 AM
^

I remember doing that with my brother. You didn't need to be able to see the enemy, just as long as your heard the little 'bleep' and the crosshairs.

-Wayu

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 06:28 AM
Don't forget how zonde could screw you from 10 rooms away

i just remember the FOmarls raping people with grantz

RenzokukenZ
May 2, 2011, 06:31 AM
Derp indeed.

Jokes aside, from what we have seen on combat with Hunters and Rangers, if the two fight in a pvp duel, the Ranger would win. Just the fact that the Ranger can move and shoot is a deal breaker. One way to make this work is to have small areas to fight in, taking the example again from PSP2.

But really though, the only way it can really work, from what I see, is if Hunters can move while blocking.

And this isn't even considering Forces.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 06:34 AM
even then, they'd have to be able to move at full speed, cause if they slow down the ranger can just distance himself or use something with a constant rate of fire to find better positioning...you'd have to make hunters busted as hell just to hold their own. or tone everyone down which is effectively the same thing and even more infuriating.

FEI LEE
May 2, 2011, 06:36 AM
even then, they'd have to be able to move at full speed, cause if they slow down the ranger can just distance himself or use something with a constant rate of fire to find better positioning...you'd have to make hunters busted as hell just to hold their own. or tone everyone down which is effectively the same thing and even more infuriating.

The ending battle of the movie The Last Samurai should be an accurate representation of hunters vs rangers lol

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 06:40 AM
Except you can't throw samurai swords 50 feet.

-Wayu

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 06:42 AM
...yet

RenzokukenZ
May 2, 2011, 06:43 AM
Unless it's a slicer.

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 06:44 AM
That's not a katana.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
May 2, 2011, 06:47 AM
That's not a katana.

-Wayu

That's just minor details.

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 06:59 AM
That's also not physical, not difficult to throw, does not fly in a curve, is not affected by gravity...etc.

Either way, it's not like we can suddenly chuck those huge-ass swords at people.

-Wayu

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 07:09 AM
That's also not physical, not difficult to throw, does not fly in a curve, is not affected by gravity...etc.

Either way, it's not like we can suddenly chuck those huge-ass swords at people.

-Wayu

well it's physical...it's just not a solid...and has very little mass.

Anyway the point is a slicer vs a ranger is just as lol.

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 07:46 AM
^

True.

-Wayu

redroses
May 2, 2011, 09:48 AM
I would like to see partner machines return, but not as little maids... and not limited to only the leader using them.

It would be sweet if they were little monster walking/flying/floating beside you and really added to the fight, by giving them commands or so. There also could be different types: Offensive close combat, Offensive range combat, Offensive technic combat, Defensive(protects you from attacks by taking the hits), Supporter, Tactical combat (places traps, lures monsters away).

norrisj15
May 2, 2011, 11:22 AM
Main thing I want is the US and JP servers to be connected! If they don't do that then I want the US servers to be updated at the same time the JP are. I don't want to be a year behind in content!

RenzokukenZ
May 2, 2011, 11:25 AM
I would like to see partner machines return, but not as little maids... and not limited to only the leader using them.

It would be sweet if they were little monster walking/flying/floating beside you and really added to the fight, by giving them commands or so. There also could be different types: Offensive close combat, Offensive range combat, Offensive technic combat, Defensive(protects you from attacks by taking the hits), Supporter, Tactical combat (places traps, lures monsters away).

This sounds like Mags, but giving them commands to fight or protect you sounds way better than simply using them to up your stats. And you can probably still level them up to increase their power.

I like it.

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 11:38 AM
Ooh, I thought of something I'd like to see in PSO2:

Let our characters have defined toes, please. It was weird seeing defined hands (with fingers) in PSU, but having my character's feet just be globs of curved meat (except for maybe two or three outfits, in which the big toe was separated. Still looked bad, though). Let's go ahead and remember that it's 2011, Sega.

Thanks.

^To add on to my previous post:

I would also like the option to change fingernail/toenail color on female characters (and male ones, if people are into that, I guess..).

Korten12
May 2, 2011, 01:37 PM
This maybe was in PSU in updates, but I don't ever remember like an offical Guild/Clan system. That would be awesome. Make it so you can make your Guild Symbol on your armor. :)

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 01:46 PM
Not happening. Section IDs are returning.

Korten, have you read the sticky topic yet? You should for all information we have on PSO2.

-Wayu

Vashyron
May 2, 2011, 01:53 PM
Not happening. Section IDs are returning.

Korten, have you read the sticky topic yet? You should for all information we have on PSO2.

-Wayu

"Section IDs are returning" confirmed where exactly? If it's due to the HUmar having one;

1. He's the only who has one. (Actually the RAmar has one too I believe, but even then where is everyone elses?)
2. The Symbol is the "star thing" everyone has on their clothes. You can see it clearly on the artwork.

Though if it's not just the HUmar and I've missed something, do tell.

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 02:14 PM
1. Go read the sticky.
2. The star symbol symbolizes the ORACL fleet, I believe.

-Wayu

Itoshi
May 2, 2011, 02:15 PM
1. Go read the sticky.

-Wayu

Just to point out, the writing on the star says "ARKS" in PSO like writing. Then there is a GO on the star as well.

Vashyron
May 2, 2011, 02:29 PM
1. Go read the sticky.

-Wayu

1. I see nothing about Section IDs in it.
2. Indeed? It's a miniaturized icon of it. Just proving it's a aesthetic choice there.

Section ID's have hardly been proven that they are "back" yet.

Just to point out, the writing on the star says "ARKS" in PSO like writing. Then there is a GO on the star as well.

Yep, you can quite clearly see it on the RAcast's leg.

Skye-Fox713
May 2, 2011, 04:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/cvbvc.jpg

That image probably has the only evidence of Section ID's possibly returning. The center of his chest looks like a Whitill ID, but at this point we can only guess.

bns1991
May 2, 2011, 04:49 PM
Hopefully your name will not determine the section Id that you will initially get. I usually had to put spaces if I didn't get the Id that I wanted.

Grimmjo9213
May 2, 2011, 04:50 PM
I didn't look through this entire thread so my mistake if what i say has already been said.

I think pso2 should have a food system similar to monster hunter or mgs3 snake eater, like adding a 3rd bar for "energy" and as the player character attacks, the bar drains. This can be used to make PA even less spammable as in addition to using a lot of the pp bar like in psp2, it could alo waste a lot of stamina, making the player have to eat more food, and only being able to carry x amount of food. This along with room customization, clothing customization, and if they keep extend codes to where ANY weapon you want can be as strong as the other, armor auras, can create a truly unique character.

Even if food isnt implemented in the game, I can be ok with just being able to go out into the forest without accepting a quest. The only reason i like pso more then psu is soley because in pso I didn't have to accept a quest to get out and fight, I could just make a room go to the forest and just kill booma's till my friends joined my room, i didnt have to wait and do a quest i could just go and kill things.

what pso2 should stay away from are what I call spam quests, In pso it was ttf and in psu im pretty sure it's white beast (never got to play psu online =/ ) sega needs to stay away from quests with quick rewards, can't say much for psu but I just freaking LOATHE everyone who just spammed ttf for hours.

off topic: is this forum like the ones like wow where i have to post x amount of times before i can post things cuz i plan on submitting images of pso2 weapons n such when its released in the U.S

Skye-Fox713
May 2, 2011, 04:56 PM
off topic: is this forum like the ones like wow where i have to post x amount of times before i can post things cuz i plan on submitting images of pso2 weapons n such when its released in the U.S

No it is not.

Vashyron
May 2, 2011, 05:01 PM
That image probably has the only evidence of Section ID's possibly returning. The center of his chest looks like a Whitill ID, but at this point we can only guess.

Indeed, but if they were returning it would make sense for all of them to have Section IDs on their costumes, but they don't.

Oh and if you look at the Artwork of that HUmar you can see the "ID" is that Star logo all that characters seem to have plastered over their costumes.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 05:13 PM
Please don't make this like monster hunter. I love the games but it's so niche it makes the PS games look popular.

Grimmjo9213
May 2, 2011, 05:24 PM
Maybe using monster hunter was a bad example, I'm thinking closer to mgs3, where food only does one thing, not to add extra buffs, I just see it as a more strategic way to play the game, It be more of a challenge doing missions tryin to balance pa usage, cuz the way I imagine it is if you use pa's to early your energy will be low by time you reach the boss and the boss skullf--ks your face, or not using pa's on the enemies and spam it on the boss but dont recieve an s rank cuz you conserved too much energy for the boss.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 05:41 PM
so you're saying you don't want PP to regenerate now?

Grimmjo9213
May 2, 2011, 05:57 PM
Naw I'm saying in addition to having to wait for pp to regenerate, like energy doesnt have to be drained only by pa's, taking damage can be another way, with regenerating pp whats stop a party to have only one member do nothing but heal? they would basically wipe out a group of enemies b4 the designated healer runs low on pp. with this energy system it would make players play better imo, in if using food is such a bad idea then fine it was just a suggestion.

to me pso/psu's strongpoint has been customization, in pso we got a vairety of weapons, in psu we got room decorations and clothing, i was thinking of adding a character fav food as another customization that could be added to this game, but w/e then if the pp bar reaches zero it should recharge at a much slower rate then usual.

another idea I think would be cool is for techs, have the charge system from psz but have the level of the spell depend on how much you charge as well as the amount of pp used, lower levels needing massive pp to use higher lvl spells wheras higher level only need a small amount of pp.

again this is just another suggestion, I'm not much of a forum person and I like my posts to have some kind of meaning to it, I'm not even gonna bother in this worthless pso vs psu garbage

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 06:11 PM
yeah but now you're talking about having two kinds of HP. The idea of stamina being such a key factor seems like a gimmick. like in MH its fine cause the whole game is about managing your gear and being prepared and its all about you vs nature and nature being hungry.

I think most people would rather the system didn't require you having to manage meters like that and have the challenges come from within the quests. Since AoI, PP has been able to regenerate through direct melee combat and since PSP2, it's been a fairly quick to regenerate character stat. I'd say sega's likely looking for simplicity on this one.

Aeiku
May 2, 2011, 06:17 PM
They could just make techs and PA's separate by having PA's consume PP which auto regenerates and Techs consuming TP which does not auto regenerate...my two cents on the issue.

Grimmjo9213
May 2, 2011, 06:27 PM
yea your probably right, its just that even in psp2 the enemies are still too easy with a group of friends that you've played the original pso with, then moved on to wow and raided all bc-current cata content, then now to psp2.

I'm just concerned that all sega is gonna do custumable-wise is just add new outfits and room decorations and not add something new entirely, this is what i personally find the most important, cuz now with extend codes i can quite literally use any weapon i want, if i want a regular saber as my main weapon, I can, that being said, what else can sega make customizable?

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 06:53 PM
well extend codes had to be earned last I checked and even then there were weapons that were significantly better to use those codes on if you were looking at stats and abilities.

I think they'll be looking at more customization within the character's combat abilities though as there's evidence that you can have multiple PAs at once if I read some info correctly. also they seem to be looking to make each class feel very different in terms of play style. so while hunters will feel fairly standard with some new tricks, rangers have a more third person shooter feel to them. for all we know, forces will be just as different. If you look at what some of these new weapons are capable of, I'd say personal style will be an even bigger factor in how the game plays out for you.

I don't think they're going to do anything revolutionary with customization, but I think it'll be a few steps above PSP2.

Grimmjo9213
May 2, 2011, 07:09 PM
extend codes should always be earned, it be op if it wasn't imo, and it makes sense that some weapons are better for extend codes then other because of that weapons rarity n such. In psp2 i believe you could only get a couple of extend codes per character so nobody would ever use it on common weapons. They should be earned yes, but there shouldnt be a limit to how many extend codes you can get as long as you cant trade it to other players or trade extended weapons to other players.

and yea i agree with you on the customization part

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 07:11 PM
Overdrive mode? Unleash the beast within you!

Who wouldn't want to be Omega Zero?

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 07:15 PM
extend codes should always be earned, it be op if it wasn't imo, and it makes sense that some weapons are better for extend codes then other because of that weapons rarity n such. In psp2 i believe you could only get a couple of extend codes per character so nobody would ever use it on common weapons. They should be earned yes, but there shouldnt be a limit to how many extend codes you can get as long as you cant trade it to other players or trade extended weapons to other players.

and yea i agree with you on the customization part

there wasn't a limit per se. you could get 10 codes through the challenge maps and then there were other ways through special events and such.

And the point I was making was that extend codes weren't really game breaking since using them on a saber just let you use a saber effectively on higher difficulties. The weapons still never compared to the higher end stuff - which you could also use codes on.

•Col•
May 2, 2011, 07:24 PM
I think pso2 should have a food system similar to monster hunter or mgs3 snake eater, like adding a 3rd bar for "energy" and as the player character attacks, the bar drains. This can be used to make PA even less spammable as in addition to using a lot of the pp bar like in psp2, it could alo waste a lot of stamina, making the player have to eat more food, and only being able to carry x amount of food.

This would ruin PSO2 for me.

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 07:34 PM
That would make it Monster Hunter.

Bad idea. We already have mates.

-Wayu

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 07:42 PM
he already dropped it, guys.

Tetsaru
May 2, 2011, 07:54 PM
PSU had food items... for PM's. Hardly anyone used them, save for trade missions.

CaptainKishimoto
May 2, 2011, 08:43 PM
I really hope you can have more than 4 in a party. Back in PSO, I had 4 other real-life friends who played the game. Now it wasn't too bad since there were times where a few couldn't play, but when all 5 of us were together...Well, you can guess what happened.

Itoshi
May 2, 2011, 10:47 PM
I really hope you can have more than 4 in a party. Back in PSO, I had 4 other real-life friends who played the game. Now it wasn't too bad since there were times where a few couldn't play, but when all 5 of us were together...Well, you can guess what happened.

I had the same problem too back in the day..

I'd be interested to see if they implemented 4 player parties and 6 player parties. The areas are bigger this time around, and so is the amount of enemies on the playing field, so I could see them have up 6 or more. Maybe some missions will have parties locked at 4 and others at 6?

Speaking of missions, I hope they bring back the ability to run through areas without being on missions. I really, really miss that whenever I play PSP2 nowadays and I could see how much better the game would be if I could go to any area I wanted.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 10:52 PM
Technically old PSO didn't have that option either. The areas were full on missions as well - "defeat XXXX". they just let you repeat them and visit after you finished.

FEI LEE
May 2, 2011, 11:57 PM
Technically old PSO didn't have that option either. The areas were full on missions as well - "defeat XXXX". they just let you repeat them and visit after you finished.

You knew what he meant lol

Anyways I think that would be fun as well.

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 12:18 AM
You knew what he meant lol

Anyways I think that would be fun as well.

Well it wasn't about what he meant it's about clarifying since there's a huge difference between that and free roaming.

FEI LEE
May 3, 2011, 12:22 AM
Well it wasn't about what he meant it's about clarifying since there's a huge difference between that and free roaming.

He didn't mean free roaming. He meant how people could just go to the forest without loading up a mission from the hunters guild.

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 12:29 AM
I know what he meant lol. What I was saying is it doesn't really give you that much freedom. if the monsters respawned or something, then yeah but otherwise you're talking about the difference between going to a spot and clicking where you want to go or doing to another spot and clicking where you want to go. It's hardly worth bringing up.

FEI LEE
May 3, 2011, 12:36 AM
run through areas without being on missions.

But this was the premise. There's never been any real freedom besides the lobbies.

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 12:58 AM
what I'm saying is there's technically no such thing. just playing the game without going to the mission counter. there's no point in going back and forth on this as it's a technicality and the argument is running to a teleporter vs running to a mission counter. As far as game play it's entirely based on ambiance. To me there is literally no difference. To others it's night and day.

FEI LEE
May 3, 2011, 01:23 AM
what I'm saying is there's technically no such thing. just playing the game without going to the mission counter. there's no point in going back and forth on this as it's a technicality and the argument is running to a teleporter vs running to a mission counter. As far as game play it's entirely based on ambiance. To me there is literally no difference. To others it's night and day.

That actually made me think of something they could do with it if they did go that route. Make the special random events for when your just on a planet vs when you accept a set mission.

But as for whatever they decide on I'm more or less just want fleshed out areas

Canard de Bain
May 3, 2011, 02:35 PM
PvP from the start.

FEI LEE
May 3, 2011, 04:04 PM
Balanced PvP from the start.

-Fix'd :-P

Canard de Bain
May 3, 2011, 04:10 PM
-Fix'd :-P

Oh no. :) Imbalance is fine for my plans.

xBladeM6x
May 6, 2011, 07:02 PM
Race/Job class balance. Please for the sake of God, make the race that's suppose to be the "best" at what they do, the best. Don't take the PSU route and claim beasts are the best fighters, and then throw in the variable of Paradi Cataract, thereby making casts vastly superior, and kill all balance the game had. Which also made humans useless at everything, and only left newmans to be the best at pure force. That's it.

Long story short, balance the game correctly with whatever will be in it, and stop riding on your stereotypical "everything Gundam is better" horse, Japan.

Niloklives
May 6, 2011, 07:06 PM
Give casts SUVs, and have paradi cataract charge 5 times faster and do 10x more damage. It's time to troll.

xBladeM6x
May 6, 2011, 07:12 PM
Make give casts SUVs, and have paradi cataract charge 5 times faster and do 10x more damage. It's time to troll.
Yes, do this. What you said is absolutely needed. :D

Nitro Vordex
May 6, 2011, 07:34 PM
PvP from the start.
Enjoy your shitty game.

PvP, I think would ruin the game. Or at least bring a lot of unwanted assholes into the mix. Thank god PSU didn't have PvP, it'd be incredibly bork and stupid. If this game has PvP, or ever implements it, it better not suck.

Zyrusticae
May 6, 2011, 07:38 PM
The game's heavily instanced anyways, you never have to deal with the hardcore PvPers if you don't want to.

I don't see any harm to it, but if the game's not built for it it's just not gonna work. A good PvP game is built for it right from the get-go, any deviance in focus results in a sub-par game.

Wayu
May 6, 2011, 09:54 PM
Once again, if PvP is introduced balancing for it will become very, very difficult.

I could find my previous post but I'm too lazy.

-Wayu

Orange_Coconut
May 6, 2011, 10:01 PM
I'd kind of like to see the similar pvp mode that was present in PSO where team attack was on during the mission. Other than that, I'm sure they could most definitely improve pvp for PSO2, seeing as how the PSO pvp was kind of wonky at best.

If pvp is included, people will complain about balancing issues as Wayu has mentioned. The only thing is, pvp never really was a focus in PSO, though it's something that's up for possible change. The only reason why I wouldn't want to see a full pvp mode is because I don't want to see what happens in WoW and all those other RPGs when balancing classes becomes pvp vs. pve. This means that when they try to balance the classes they have complaints in mind due to pvp issues or something of the like, which in turn affects how the class that receives buffs/nerfs plays in pve.

In any case, a "friendly-fire" mode would be good enough for me.

BizznessOnly
May 6, 2011, 10:32 PM
Some Black Americans.

NoiseHERO
May 6, 2011, 10:54 PM
Some Black Americans.

This,

PSO came SO close...then bombed on all 2 and half hairstyles...then when AOI came around all we got was emo hair...

/punches down the wall of japans racially sheltered xenophobia

Vashyron
May 6, 2011, 11:07 PM
Oh right on hair.... do give males long hair choices that don't look ridiculously bad / clip this time around.

Wayu
May 6, 2011, 11:09 PM
There's black people.

The RAmarl (?) design was a black guy in the opening segments of the trailer.

-Wayu

Corey Blue
May 6, 2011, 11:15 PM
There's black people.

The RAmarl (?) design was a black guy in the opening segments of the trailer.

-Wayu

Oh God I think I seen a buzz cut on him PLEASE HAVE LOW CUT'S,and I'm tired of the emo hair,and no hair for the brother's,but a afro..seriously Sega that would make me mad.

Vashyron
May 6, 2011, 11:26 PM
Ah and another thing on hair, who thought it would be a good design choice to make a bald style, but only let a NPC (Bruce) use it?

Corey Blue
May 6, 2011, 11:31 PM
I know right wtf is up with that,that's some lazy shit not to add a low cut,but they add a afro that kinda shit make me mad.A afro with no low cut option,what in the world..

NoiseHERO
May 6, 2011, 11:31 PM
Just bring back PSO fonewms afro...

I don't trust them to do anything better but FOnewm's was bearable, where as PSU's afro = /cuts wrists.

and yeah the black guy in PSO2's opening was one of the first things I noticed, but at the same time he looked kind of boring and his lips still looked kind of offensive... e_e

Hopefully skin-tone changing won't equate to gross looking lips...

Corey Blue
May 6, 2011, 11:33 PM
lmfao guess there suppose represent African lip's or something,I know we have big lip's but come on.

Seth Astra
May 6, 2011, 11:33 PM
I'd kind of like to see the similar pvp mode that was present in PSO where team attack was on during the mission. Other than that, I'm sure they could most definitely improve pvp for PSO2, seeing as how the PSO pvp was kind of wonky at best.

If pvp is included, people will complain about balancing issues as Wayu has mentioned. The only thing is, pvp never really was a focus in PSO, though it's something that's up for possible change. The only reason why I wouldn't want to see a full pvp mode is because I don't want to see what happens in WoW and all those other RPGs when balancing classes becomes pvp vs. pve. This means that when they try to balance the classes they have complaints in mind due to pvp issues or something of the like, which in turn affects how the class that receives buffs/nerfs plays in pve.

In any case, a "friendly-fire" mode would be good enough for me.
Friendly fire would be bad in a game like this, IMO, but there's one thing that MUST be in, if there's friendly fire, in order to keep the community alive:

Separate drops for each player. Being able to shoot people and take all the loot for yourself will cause major trolling.

Wayu
May 6, 2011, 11:36 PM
Playing on stereotypes for the lips? Dunno...don't like those either.

-Wayu

BIG OLAF
May 6, 2011, 11:40 PM
Separate drops for each player.

I thought this pretty much went without saying. The only people (in my mind) who would want a shared drop system are griefers or selfish assclowns. The separate drop system worked just fine in PSZ and PSP2/i. It does not need to change.

But, SEGA, please! Let players trade all items this time around. That goofy shit you pulled in PSP2/i with the whole "not being able tor trade A rank and higher items" has got to go.

NoiseHERO
May 6, 2011, 11:42 PM
I thought this pretty much went without saying. The only people (in my mind) who would want a shared drop system are griefers or selfish assclowns. The separate drop system worked just fine in PSZ and PSP2/i. It does not need to change.

But, SEGA, please! Let players trade all items this time around. That goofy shit you pulled in PSP2/i with the whole "not being able tor trade A rank and higher items" has got to go.

Yeah, I'm still hoping they keep this system as well...It's like everyones working together to help each other. Instead of working together to help one person at a time...

-Michaeru

Seth Astra
May 6, 2011, 11:48 PM
Never said it didn't. Just imagine how much more effective griefers would be, even with just a MH style "you can knock down allies, but not damage them" system. With the new guns, that would make for epic trolling.

Wayu
May 7, 2011, 12:22 AM
Better than knocking people off cliffs like in WoW.

-Wayu

Orange_Coconut
May 7, 2011, 12:43 AM
Friendly fire would be bad in a game like this, IMO, but there's one thing that MUST be in, if there's friendly fire, in order to keep the community alive:

Separate drops for each player. Being able to shoot people and take all the loot for yourself will cause major trolling.

The only reason why I could see a friendly fire mode was because you could technically go through PSO stages with pvp settings on. If it's like that, then people can decide whether or not they want a friendly-fire mode and can do pvp on a casual basis (as in there won't be much of a reason to complain about what class is too powerful in pvp etc, because there will be no rankings or rewards).

That being said, I think friendly-fire would be difficult with an action-RPG but I don't think it would be a bad idea nor would it be impossible. The aforementioned information about having it be an option is the key point to that statement. People who want more of a challenge can work with it and those who want to casually pvp can go for it.

SephirothXer0
May 7, 2011, 02:21 AM
How about bringing back the passive shields from PSO?

I'd like to be able to have a shield hanging off my arm or shoulder while dual wielding weapons.

Also, accessory slots for those sort of things like shields, extra armor, helmets, scarves, etc. Just more ways to customize the look of your character.

FEI LEE
May 7, 2011, 03:43 AM
How about bringing back the passive shields from PSO?

I'd like to be able to have a shield hanging off my arm or shoulder while dual wielding weapons.

Also, accessory slots for those sort of things like shields, extra armor, helmets, scarves, etc. Just more ways to customize the look of your character.

I also mentioned the former. Obtaining rare armor just doesn't feel special if you don't get to see the fruits of your labor.

Wayu
May 7, 2011, 03:53 AM
In the trailer, though, the HUmarl manually blocks so unless it's for evading attacks via EVP (which we haven't seen yet)...

-Wayu

WinterSnowblind
May 8, 2011, 08:21 AM
Mags, section ID's and everything else that made PSO what it was.. I don't want to see a reskinned version of PSU. Not that I have anything against that series, I love the Portable games but otherwise the name is just there as a marketing stunt and nothing else.

More importantly, I don't want to see monthly fee's. It was bad enough with Universe, but these days, you simply cannot charge monthly for a Diablo style game. There are no server costs attached to something like that and if they're going to be running a cash shop alongside a subscription (and you know they are) then they're simply screwing us over. That type of price gauging just isn't going to fly these days, especially if the game is launching alongside Guild Wars 2. I don't want to see another promising MMO fail because of greedy publishers.

Shotte
May 8, 2011, 09:35 AM
I Agree with you Snow, I was pretty much disgusted by the fact they're trying to charge, above a subscription, for not just pointless, useless aesthetical enhancements, but for content! You Either have one or the other, Or it's going to heavily alienate players.

RemiusTA
May 8, 2011, 01:28 PM
Playing on stereotypes for the lips? Dunno...don't like those either.

-Wayu

I honestly dont think they're that bad. Knowing japan, it could have been worse. Im sure it wont be that bad in-game though. I am glad they represented the africans though. The Newmans in PSO were always dark skinned, but now there's an actual black guy.

As long as his "monomate" and "trifluid" icons dont change into "chicken" and "watermelon" icons, i dont really mind.

Edit: why did i never notice in the trailer that "Tails" was just a yellow Hunewearl

r00tabaga
May 8, 2011, 07:35 PM
Chicken & watermelon? Really? Not funny.

•Col•
May 8, 2011, 07:38 PM
Edit: why did i never notice in the trailer that "Tails" was just a yellow Hunewearl

Because she's not? lol

She's a human; most likely a HUmarl.

r00tabaga
May 8, 2011, 07:48 PM

This. This. This.

RemiusTA
May 8, 2011, 08:59 PM

I dont agree. I very much disliked the seperate drop system in PSP2. Makes me feel less like im in a group, and further kills ALOT of the teamplay aspect of the game. Thats kind of why Challenge mode in PSP2 wasn't as fun to me. The whole idea of sharing and pooling useful equipment didn't apply.

If it bothers people, either turn on random distribution or play with friends. But even when playing PSU on PC/PS2, i never got even half the bullshit you get playing a regular MMO. PSO just isn't really like that.

But yes, 100% to free trade. Im pretty sure it wont be an issue, because the limited trade thing for PSP2 was mostly just a failsafe for hacked items, since the drops and characters were all client-side. It just forced you to find your own items.

Because she's not? lol

She's a human; most likely a HUmarl.[spoiler-box]

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn183/RemiusTA/ohok.png?t=1304905854[/spoiler-box]

Hunewearl outfit. Im pretty sure those are newman ears, too.

Dunno. If that IS a human, it pretty much confirms that this game wont be as tightly class-bound as PSO was.

Chicken & watermelon? Really? Not funny.

Exactly!

BIG OLAF
May 8, 2011, 09:16 PM
I dont agree. I very much disliked the seperate drop system in PSP2. Makes me feel less like im in a group, and further kills ALOT of the teamplay aspect of the game. Thats kind of why Challenge mode in PSP2 wasn't as fun to me. The whole idea of sharing and pooling useful equipment didn't apply.

If it bothers people, either turn on random distribution or play with friends. But even when playing PSU on PC/PS2, i never got even half the bullshit you get playing a regular MMO. PSO just isn't really like that.

I still think Michaeru put it the best:

It's like everyones working together to help each other. Instead of working together to help one person at a time...

Instead of crossing your fingers and closing your eyes really tight, hoping you get the awesome rare you really wanted, only to see someone else get it (friend or not; sometimes even friends don't want to share. Trust me) is just a terrible feeling.

Everyone kills enemies, everyone gets a shot at a rare item. It would also mean, that if you are playing with trustworthy people that will share, you're all that many more times likely to get what you want (if a rare doesn't drop for you, but for your friend, they might give it to you).

To me, it just seems like a shared drop system would cause more harm than good. I feel that it would start drama, fights, disappointment, etc. At least, that's how it's been in most of my experiences.

But, even if they go with a shared drop system (which they very well might not), I'll still only be playing with my small, close-knit group of friends. So, asking for an item won't be a problem most times. The shared drop system in PSU is one of the main reasons I don't play with randoms/people I don't know too well on PSU, and it'll definitely stay that way on PSO2 if that happens.

Ceresa
May 8, 2011, 09:30 PM
Instead of crossing your fingers and closing your eyes really tight, hoping you get the awesome rare you really wanted, only to see someone else get it (friend or not; sometimes even friends don't want to share. Trust me) is just a terrible feeling.

Everyone kills enemies, everyone gets a shot at a rare item. It would also mean, that if you are playing with trustworthy people that will share, you're all that many more times likely to get what you want (if a rare doesn't drop for you, but for your friend, they might give it to you).

Situation A, Only one set of drops for the party: Team of 4 does 100 runs, 1 Lavis Cannon drops, randomly assigned to Ceresa.

Situation B, Everyone gets a set of drops: Team of 4 does 100 runs, only 1 Lavis Cannon drops at all, also for Ceresa.

What's the difference? Either way my loot is my loot and loot crybabies get blacklisted. I don't see what's stopping your friends from giving you something they got assigned via random either.

My instinct tells me even if they gave everyone their own drops, it'd just be a crappier drop rate that what we're used too from previous games to compensate for 4 drop sets being generated for a kill. Gotta drag out the subs you know.

Anything that drops in Challenge in PSP2 is drop tradeable.

RemiusTA
May 8, 2011, 09:43 PM

To me, it just seems like a shared drop system would cause more harm than good. I feel that it would start drama, fights, disappointment, etc. At least, that's how it's been in most of my experiences.

But, even if they go with a shared drop system (which they very well might not), I'll still only be playing with my small, close-knit group of friends. So, asking for an item won't be a problem most times. The shared drop system in PSU is one of the main reasons I don't play with randoms/people I don't know too well on PSU, and it'll definitely stay that way on PSO2 if that happens.It's just not as fun to me, thats all. I feel you lose something with both of the systems.

I hold immersion with my party in higher regard than getting what i want all the time. For instance, a shooting game where you have to share and conserve your equipment is a MUCH better co-op experience than when everything is just given to you when you need it. Of course, PSU/PSO's drop system would have sucked on PSP2 since there's no keyboard/voice chat for quick messages, but PSO2 will be void of those issues.

For example? A game like Resident Evil 5 would have been FAR less rewarding to play if there were 2 instances of every item you encountered in the game. The "survival" and "teamplay" aspect would have been blown entirely. Now, PSO isn't a survival horror game, but the same rules of co-op still apply. Sharing between and having to rely on your partners, even to a small degree, just immerses the player more than otherwise. With everyone getting their own stuff, it essentially just becomes a murder contest. But when the players actually need to occasionally look to their team, not only does the game become more challenging, but also more fun as well. In PSO you could always just telepipe/ryuker if you ran out of equipment. But even a spell like Ryuker puts a nice feeling on the person capable of using it -- you're now an asset to your team, even if it's for something so trivial as a telepipe.

Blah blah, anyway, with shared drops you get more applications for teamwork, but then risk having your teammates screw it up. With client-specific drops, you dont really risk anything, but sacrifice better teamplay applications.

An easy medium would be to have shared drops and client-specific rares. That way, people dont have to bitch when someone takes an item. And besides. Randomized shared drops are absolutely no different from client-side drops. Only difference is you get to RAGE when you see the item infront of you go to someone else. That, and maybe higher chances to get what you're looking for. (but im quite sure they'd just lower the droprate for client drops anyway.) Honestly, it's COMPLETELY random whether the item even drops in the first place. Unless you're playing alone, then you have nothing to worry about.

Honestly, between my thousands of hours of PSU playtime, i only had a handfull of players that caused "drama, fights or disappointments." You can play a match and have a whole set of rares go to the same player in the party. Yeah, it's pretty gay. And then, you can walk into a room and have the same shit happen to you. It keeps everyone happy and gives you no room to complain. If it drops and doesn't go to you, just act as if it never dropped in the first place.

Anything that drops in Challenge in PSP2 is drop tradeable. How frequently did they drop? If everyone gets their own set, there are alot more items in circulation than otherwise. Which is kind of why it never felt too difficult to me. It's like the game was giving me absolutely everything i wanted.

Niloklives
May 8, 2011, 10:04 PM
Situation A, Only one set of drops for the party: Team of 4 does 100 runs, 1 Lavis Cannon drops, randomly assigned to Ceresa.

Situation B, Everyone gets a set of drops: Team of 4 does 100 runs, only 1 Lavis Cannon drops at all, also for Ceresa.

What's the difference? Either way my loot is my loot and loot crybabies get blacklisted. I don't see what's stopping your friends from giving you something they got assigned via random either.

My instinct tells me even if they gave everyone their own drops, it'd just be a crappier drop rate that what we're used too from previous games to compensate for 4 drop sets being generated for a kill. Gotta drag out the subs you know.

Anything that drops in Challenge in PSP2 is drop tradeable.

Except in situation B, the argument is that by the time you've done it a hundred times, in a group of four, it wouldn't have dropped once, but four times. In essence, if it drops on an average of one for every hundred runs: with separate drops like that, you've essentially run it 400 times. I don't see how that's hard to understand.

RemiusTA
May 8, 2011, 10:29 PM
No, it wouldn't have dropped 4 times. It all depends on its drop rate. And even if it did drop 4 times, you're only getting one of them because the drops are all client-side. The other 3 set of drops will never affect you ever in your life, so they're negligible.

And like both of us said, the fact you're getting everything that drops in the game automatically means they're going to lower the frequency of the drops. So, essentially, you're gaining nothing. There's really no difference, unless you like to cry when someone gets that last piece of cake you wanted.

SephirothXer0
May 8, 2011, 10:32 PM
What made the shared drop system work in PSO for me was that we could still trade rares.

My friends and I would do a run, and when a rare item dropped whoever was closest would pick it up. If it was something they could use, they kept it, if it was something one of the other team members could use, they gave it to them. Simple and easy as long as you're not playing with a group of douches.

This also worked with the set class system, because it insured that not every rare could be used by every player, so it encouraged trading. Not to mention section IDs that changed up who could find what as well.

But now everybody can use everything in the game, they can be any class they want any time they want, and nobody wants to go back to having real limits, so of course everybody is going to want to get all the rares that drop for themselves.

Orange_Coconut
May 8, 2011, 10:34 PM
After fiddling around with my old PSO characters again, I forgot that items used to be based solely on stat requirements rather than level requirements. I personally would like for that to be the case in PSO2 if their class system and possible stat boosting equipment provide for it.

Personally, I would really like to be able to power through areas with lower level characters after having done them with my higher level characters. The issue I see with this, however, is the fact that people who are playing their first time through or who enjoy leveling with difficulty-appropriate equipment will most likely not like it. Regardless, when it comes to either being able to level other characters more quickly vs. the possibility of having someone overpowered for his/her level range join my party, I'd still rather have the ability to pimp out my lowbies.

While not all people may think of how others would feel about the situation, I personally would understand if someone wanted me to leave a party due to the fact that my character was too powerful. They could probably do away with it in the programming (like have an option to cap spell levels, to cap equipment ratings, etc) so that if a person joined a game with those limitations, they would be warned prior to entering and their spells would be "maxed" for that particular game. That would mean their powerful gear would be stripped from their equipment slot and placed into their inventory until they went into another game without the restrictions.

In terms of the restrictions, I believe that SEGA should figure out what would be considered the caps for each spell and it would most likely be easy to limit players to weapons/armors only available in the difficulty of the current game they're in as well as any lower difficulty levels.

With all that out of the way, it would be nice if items were stat-based for equipment requirements rather than level-based. While I understand SEGA probably won't be doing this, and if they did I would assume they wouldn't try that hard to implement a method of making it fair to all the players, I personally would enjoy if they reverted back to this system in some sense.

RemiusTA
May 8, 2011, 10:40 PM
They could implement a proration effect on the MAG stats based on your level that only lets you be so much more powerful than you're supposed to be....but thats boring.

IMO, you should just be able to 1) write "no super powered noobs" on your door, and 2) Kick the troll that ignores the rule. Most people in PSO that used MAGs on lower leveled characters usually didn't stay that level for very long, though. That was kind of the point.

I personally like the ability to do that, though. It should be more of a community-enforced thing in my opinion. No need to let the trolls ruin the fun for everybody.

•Col•
May 8, 2011, 10:51 PM
[spoiler-box]

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn183/RemiusTA/ohok.png?t=1304905854[/spoiler-box]

Hunewearl outfit. Im pretty sure those are newman ears, too.

Dunno. If that IS a human, it pretty much confirms that this game wont be as tightly class-bound as PSO was.

That's still a human. You're probably confused because when they first showed the female human wearing yellow, it was a FOmarl. Then(probably because they didn't want to show the magic system off yet) they made a similiar looking HUmarl character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcE1ZMt-kss

Watch at 1:40 for the cut-in chat. You can clearly she that she is a human.

As much I prefer the PSP2 class system, it's looking more like they're going back to a PSO/PSZero class system. Maybe we'll still be able to choose which weapons we can use, though.

RemiusTA
May 8, 2011, 11:14 PM
If thats the case, then the human female hunter should have a different outfit than the newman one, being a different class and all.

The REAL confusion comes from the screenshots. The "tails" shown there is clearly a Fomarl, but the Fomarl is nowhere in sight during the video -- this was on purpose, im pretty sure. Likely the same reason there was all that shooting done, but no Ramarl / Ramar in sight.

3 things. Either:

a) There's a Humarl now

b) It's using PSP2's class system, where any race/sex combo can be any class (unlikely)

c) She's just a placeholder. (most likely) The face and color scheme of Tails in the screenshots is the same as the one in the video, she's just wearing something different. Since they aren't showing forces yet, they removed the Fomarl outfit.

Besides, it's an early video, so nothing matters anyway. Look at some old PSU/PSO videos. Almost everything was different from the old PSO crap.

Malevolent215
May 8, 2011, 11:19 PM
What do I want to see in pso2? So many things... Section ID return, definitely, original areas in HD, yes! MAGS, well I think people, including myself just want the original idea of MAGs back. Raising a custom little machine that floated along with you was amazing. Not Partner machines or MySynths, they take up a player slot and that insufferable AI drove me insane.

Here are my own ideas now. How about less Bosses so we don't have to play suprise to 50 different reskins? How many different colors and elements can a dragon be Sega? OMG a ultimate custom class? PSPo2 made a good start with this, but take it further! How about the 3 base classes, and when you raise 2 to there max you can create your own class? Develope a type point system for stats, not just weaps. Then you can pick one out of five ultimate abilities? For ex: 1-faster striking and gun speed, 2-faster tech casting and range, 3- stronger and longer lasting traps, 4- a regen. Ability, you recover HP, pp faster, and blast gauge fills faster, and finally 5- IDK! lol, suggestions? I guess after PSU I don't want to have to choose between 10 classes, I would just rather design my own.

No, I don't want a PSU sequel. I'm just predicting the majority of these things will be carried over into PSO2 anyways.

Lastly, other things I'd like to see brought back...
Rule Battle! As an old BA6 and BA3 vet, I'd love to have that back (PSP ver. Kinda sucks).
Trading! IDK how you can do it but I'd love to be able to trade again(not just low rank things like PSP), and keep the mutual online/offline character feature. I know this will always invoke hacking and cheating, but after 10 years can't you find a way to prevent it Sega?
Finally, one of my favorites, if this game is PC exclusive; with all those usable keys, bring back REAL weapon specials. Ohh how I miss the days of keeping track of the beat time to use my Heaven's Punisher.... Or the glory of the J-sword wave... Even the beauty of a Twin Blaze GiFoie spree... And let's not forget the buffing of those S-Reds Blades! It might of sucked but it was still cool!

Yea I know I have high hopes, but PSO captured my gaming heart many years ago. We can have dreams can't we?

Wayu
May 8, 2011, 11:25 PM
original areas in HD, yes!

Here are my own ideas now. How about less Bosses so we don't have to play suprise to 50 different reskins?

For ex: 1-faster striking and gun speed, 2-faster tech casting and range, 3- stronger and longer lasting traps, 4- a regen. Ability, you recover HP, pp faster, and blast gauge fills faster, and finally 5- IDK! lol, suggestions?

The whole game's in HD if you set it at highest settings lol.

How about more bosses but they're all unique?

You haven't played PSP2, have you? Those "ideas" of yours are mostly all in PSP2.

-Wayu

Malevolent215
May 8, 2011, 11:38 PM
On a side note, in regards to PSPo2s Type system and everyone wants every rare because they can use it. I honestly think PSP nailed it with the Type Points idea, but! They gave you wwaayy too many points. By level 30 Type you can equip almost every weap class either A or S, which I think is garbage and does create rare drop problems. It should be limited, but at the same time I like the idea of having a choice of what I want to use.

A great example is my first PSP2 char. Cast Hu, I was using fists, spears and twin daggers but one day I had an Il Gill drop me a very nice high % Soul Phoenix. Since I really didn't have any good dagger sets, I loved that I could drop my daggers and switch to swords. But, like I said now I can equip both... Which is getting boring.

So I say Keep the choice! But Limit the points! ( I guess that's my new slogan for weapons in PSO2)

Niloklives
May 8, 2011, 11:46 PM
except what difference did it make? B rank kubaras were better than most A ranks. and you absolutely couldn't get everything in S or A because if the weapons didn't align with your type you were penalized by having to pay 1.5 or 2 times as much for every level. what cost a HU 4000 points usually cost a Force 8000 points, and their stats were so poor they didn't get the same use out of the weapons with their lvl 10 skills anyway. besides it wasn't like you could get to class lvl 30 very quickly. Honestly, I thought they did that aspect of customization very well.

Malevolent215
May 8, 2011, 11:51 PM
Come on Wayu, were talking Sega.... More bosses but all are unique? Even my dreams aren't that lavish lol.

Also, I know what you mean in regards to PSP2's Type abilities cause I do play it (I made that extend code post you replied too), but the abilities seem barily noticeable. I mean PSU Acro speeds, and not to have to worry about ability points or 50 different abilities, basically simplify it

Whole game HD means I'll have to drop another $250 dollars in my 5 yr old pc to run it on high specs. Although, I've been meaning to upgrade to a 64bit ver. Of windows anyways.... That and another new graphics card and I'll be good (upgraded to 6 mb mem. Last year...).

Malevolent215
May 9, 2011, 12:05 AM
I believe I said "almost all" NilokLives, at lv 30 Hunter I'm pretty sure you can equip just about all Striking weapons at S rank ( not sure cause I'm at 26). I just know I have all two-handed striking weaps, Twin Hgs at S, and Rods at A for buffs all at 26, and I think that's too much. Plus I'll be able to S rank another two single hand Striking by the time I'm 30.

Niloklives
May 9, 2011, 12:07 AM
6MB? a computer from '92 can't even take a PCIe card.

Anyway even dropping a new card in there might not do it. between CPU speed and bottle necking from bandwidth, it's probably not worth throwing that kind of money at it. Besides if you don't have a good power supply, those expensive cards aren't even usable.

I believe I said "almost all" NilokLives, at lv 30 Hunter I'm pretty sure you can equip just about all Striking weapons at S rank ( not sure cause I'm at 26). I just know I have all two-handed striking weaps, Twin Hgs at S, and Rods at A for buffs all at 26, and I think that's too much. Plus I'll be able to S rank another two single hand Striking by the time I'm 30.

And? The game was largely offline with optional online play. Compare that to the weapons selection you got at the start in other offline modes with the fact that you actually have to earn your way there. besides you're still talking about weapons relevant to your class and you don't need a rod for buffs. even if you did you only need a C-rank rod since TP is irrelevant for buffs and PP is character bound. Besides there are items for buffs >_>. Anyway at lvl 30 you get 50k points IIRC. That enough for 12 class relevant weapons but only unters have anything close to that. you try to give a Hunter an S rank rifle and it costs 8k. almost a 5th of their max type points, the don't have the same bullet levels as a ranger and they have horrible ATA. That's pretty fair.

Malevolent215
May 9, 2011, 12:30 AM
I have a 700watt power supply, four memory slots- 2 two gig and 2 1 gig(sorry I meant GB my bad on typo). It's only a Duo core but it's 3.8 Gz. Oh, and it's hooked up to a 58" Samsung Plasma ( newer version plasma).

My posts are all IMO Nilo, no reason to debate. I already stated that I enjoy PSP2's Type system. I just believe it could be even better. I was talking about what a Type can use in general, not what a Type can use proficiently. I mean look at all the people trying to pull of Newman hunters and cast techers.

Niloklives
May 9, 2011, 12:51 AM
I don't see what that has to do with type points though. and I'm not debating so much as trying to understand.

As far as your computer though, i'd just get a radeon HD 5850. it's only $140 and still one of the best cards on the market.

Malevolent215
May 9, 2011, 12:59 AM
Yes I'm posting a lot but I'm bored and tired.

This subject is slightly off-topic but I agree that it should remain a PC exclusive, but on the otherside I almost wish Microsoft would fight to have it be their exclusive on the console side. Why? Because almost any Gamer knows these two things: Xbox majorly struggles in the JP market, and I think PSO2 could help this a bit. 2nd, consoles are so overly dominated by FPS games these days that it would be nice to see a Japanese online RPG do well in the console market.

Malevolent215
May 9, 2011, 01:10 AM
Well to clarify Nilo, I love PSP2's Type system compared to past PSOs and other games. Another poster had mentioned how people would fight over rares more in a single drop situation because they are not limited to specific weapon classes. For ex: in the single drop situation you would usually see a Hunter pass up a good rifle because they could not use it, but with Psp2 they would be more likely to want it in case it would be worth it to them to raise their rifles. All I'm saying is that I think there should be a choice in what weapons you can use, just give us less points so it's more difficult to decide what we want those weapons to be.

As for the pc, right now I have a Nvidia 8800gt in it. I like Nvidia because of it's compatibilty with Samsung TV's... Can't argue with a 58" HD monitor...

Niloklives
May 9, 2011, 01:19 AM
I dunno I think the points were fine. I guess I don't get why you want getting a an S rank rifle to be so hard for a hunter. like I said its not like they get much out of it.

AMDs work with them just the same. I'm telling you this cause the $250 cards are overpriced for the performance you'll get with your PC. they'll bottleneck due to your system's bandwidth. the 5850 is the best price/performance card out right now though, and it's infinitely better than an 8800. I'm an nvidia person myself I'm telling you this - that's how good a buy I think the 5850 is.

Malevolent215
May 9, 2011, 01:33 AM
Thanks for the advice on the card. There's nothing wrong with a hunter using a rifle. Oh, and from before... I use an A rank Rod (Pumpkinhead) for the TP cause I use Resta for missions that require a lot of heals like Magashi Plan.

Back on topic, I wouldn't mind switching back to PSO armor setups. Having 6 elemental armors hurts my inventory space cause I like to carry a varity of weapons. I miss just wanting to have 1 armor/shield drop and when it does not being disappointed in it's 3% lightning... Also, get rid of visual modules/units and put it back in the armor. Aura Garment > wasting a slot any day...

SephirothXer0
May 9, 2011, 04:44 AM
Also, get rid of visual modules/units and put it back in the armor. Aura Garment > wasting a slot any day...

That's why I think the visual stuff should be separate "accessories" rather than part of the armor. I don't want them to take away the choice to add visual modules though; if you think they're a waste, don't use them, but don't tell the rest of us we can't use them either.

r00tabaga
May 9, 2011, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the advice on the card. There's nothing wrong with a hunter using a rifle. Oh, and from before... I use an A rank Rod (Pumpkinhead) for the TP cause I use Resta for missions that require a lot of heals like Magashi Plan.

Back on topic, I wouldn't mind switching back to PSO armor setups. Having 6 elemental armors hurts my inventory space cause I like to carry a varity of weapons. I miss just wanting to have 1 armor/shield drop and when it does not being disappointed in it's 3% lightning... Also, get rid of visual modules/units and put it back in the armor. Aura Garment > wasting a slot any day...

I am NOT gonna miss carrying all that armor one bit! Good riddance.

Tetsaru
May 9, 2011, 12:36 PM
I am NOT gonna miss carrying all that armor one bit! Good riddance.

Although I mostly played as a gunner and I know it was easy to just switch elemental PA's on guns, I didn't really see how this was that big of a problem, seeing how easy it was to just warp back to your room and deposit stuff between missions, and then warp back, especially if you were with friends who could invite you back so there was no charge, which was miniscule anyway. In my opinion, carrying anything more than a full palette or multiple armors other than what was strictly needed for the mission element-wise is unnecessary; for example, if you're doing White Beast runs, you don't need to carry around your 50% :fire: Sange & Yasha, unless it was by far your best weapon and for some reason you didn't have any :dark: weapons at all... fat chance, lol. People that did this were the same ones that complained to everyone else in random parties to not to pick up "junk rares," despite the fact that, regardless of how useless those Kerselines are, they can still be NPC sold and be used as a modest source of income for those who don't exactly have the best luck with rares, grinding, or synthing to be able to sell the good stuff in their own player shops and make stacks of meseta.

Of course, this could easily be solved by doing two things:

Make everyone have unique drops instead of randomly distributing or exploiting them upon pickup.

Don't weigh elemental properties as heavily as the other, more important stats associated with weapons/armor, such as ATP, ATA, TP, DFP, etc. Make it more of a bonus, like how PSO's weapons had 20% Native, etc., but didn't penalize against other enemy types like PSU's did (50% :ice: was great against :fire: enemies, but did less damage than a :neutral: weapon against other :ice: enemies).

Also, I dunno about you guys, but having too many unequipped weapons and armor in my inventory makes me more prone to accidentally selling them along with other loot. I did that once with one of the new SUV units that came out one time when comparing it and switching it out with the old one I had... Buying the new one cost me nearly all the meseta I had at the time too, so I wasn't able to buy it back for a while. I know it was my own stupid fault, but still... ><

Niloklives
May 9, 2011, 04:36 PM
Although I mostly played as a gunner and I know it was easy to just switch elemental PA's on guns, I didn't really see how this was that big of a problem, seeing how easy it was to just warp back to your room and deposit stuff between missions, and then warp back, especially if you were with friends who could invite you back so there was no charge, which was miniscule anyway. In my opinion, carrying anything more than a full palette or multiple armors other than what was strictly needed for the mission element-wise is unnecessary; for example, if you're doing White Beast runs, you don't need to carry around your 50% :fire: Sange & Yasha, unless it was by far your best weapon and for some reason you didn't have any :dark: weapons at all... fat chance, lol. People that did this were the same ones that complained to everyone else in random parties to not to pick up "junk rares," despite the fact that, regardless of how useless those Kerselines are, they can still be NPC sold and be used as a modest source of income for those who don't exactly have the best luck with rares, grinding, or synthing to be able to sell the good stuff in their own player shops and make stacks of meseta.

Make everyone have unique drops instead of randomly distributing or exploiting them upon pickup.

Don't weigh elemental properties as heavily as the other, more important stats associated with weapons/armor, such as ATP, ATA, TP, DFP, etc. Make it more of a bonus, like how PSO's weapons had 20% Native, etc., but didn't penalize against other enemy types like PSU's did (50% :ice: was great against :fire: enemies, but did less damage than a :neutral: weapon against other :ice: enemies).

Also, I dunno about you guys, but having too many unequipped weapons and armor in my inventory makes me more prone to accidentally selling them along with other loot. I did that once with one of the new SUV units that came out one time when comparing it and switching it out with the old one I had... Buying the new one cost me nearly all the meseta I had at the time too, so I wasn't able to buy it back for a while. I know it was my own stupid fault, but still... ><

what? sorry, I didn't carry 12+ weapons with me and I got really sick of seeing 5 kerselines pop up and go to me and then have that board I was after or some goldania go to someone else or see myself get skipped cause people picked up everything they could find including junk commons and filled my inventory and I forgot to check my inventory every 5 steps so I didn't get ninja'd out of my prize. I had 6 stacks of kerseline per character, had 400 million meseta and they could be NPCed for less than the price of trimate. Don't lump me in with someone with no common sense just cause I don't want to get shit on.

I spent 2 months just trying to get a rattlesnake from magas after the drop patch, spent a month hunting derbelans with a friend cause he wanted a black heart til he gave up, spent a month hunting Hirokteri and even with all the boss battles I never saw a degahna cannon board and adahna cannon part, and maybe saw 6 diads. I never once got an agito edge of the 3 I saw drop, and I logged over 10k hours of which most were spent playing, so don't tall me i must have had good luck with drops cause the luck my friends and I had was horrid.

Bottom line is some people dont want kerseline cause we're sick of the sight of it.

NoiseHERO
May 9, 2011, 05:21 PM
What made the shared drop system work in PSO for me was that we could still trade rares.

My friends and I would do a run, and when a rare item dropped whoever was closest would pick it up. If it was something they could use, they kept it, if it was something one of the other team members could use, they gave it to them. Simple and easy as long as you're not playing with a group of douches.

This also worked with the set class system, because it insured that not every rare could be used by every player, so it encouraged trading. Not to mention section IDs that changed up who could find what as well.

But now everybody can use everything in the game, they can be any class they want any time they want, and nobody wants to go back to having real limits, so of course everybody is going to want to get all the rares that drop for themselves.

This makes me think...that without ruining extended customization of a character, they should put some strong penalties out of tweaking your class or just jumping out of your class type entirely. Because personally I hate PSO's class system race/gender specific anything kills it in a game for me. But with PSU's class system it was like, you didn't even need to make more than one character.

But how this effects the whole drop system, people can still just have extra characters, that they'd want out of class weapons for, which was also the case a LOT. >_>;;

Malevolent215
May 9, 2011, 06:56 PM
In my opinion, carrying anything more than a full palette or multiple armors other than what was strictly needed for the mission element-wise is unnecessary; ><

I'm one of those people that carry close to 20 weapons around. Unnecessary? I beg to differ. I don't carry one pallet around, I carry multiple pallets. A full set of Spears, Twin Sabers, Fists, ect.. Why? The obvious reason is boredom with one weapon. The "necessary" reason is that different weapons have different situational uses. If I run into a room full of numerous dark creatures you will see me pull out my Light element Spear and start throwing Majarra around. But let's say you run into a large slow moving dark monster like a Seed Vance? Well then out comes my 56% Light Gudda Hons with some nice high level Ikk hikk criticals for them. Wait! Now a Argine spawned! Oh look I have a nice pair of Twin Daggers with the Yo-Yo PA that I can use to keep him knocked on his side? Get the point...?

Anyways, this topic is about what we would want to see in PSO2. Yet almost every time someone mentions something, it's criticized and changed by another poster... We all have our ideas of what we would want PSO to be... My ideas are not yours.

Niloklives
May 9, 2011, 07:04 PM
Or you could just bring Majarra and Rising crush and call it a day >_>

Malevolent215
May 9, 2011, 07:12 PM
Sorry Nilok but I always need my Ikk Hikk fix... Yea, it might seem slow but take a 60% (PSP) or 50%(PSU) set of fists and Critical every combo and the damage gets pretty damn high. Oh, and IT NEVER MISSES. You will probably never see a higher lv Ikk Hikk throw out a zero.

Niloklives
May 9, 2011, 07:18 PM
Yeah I never miss with rising crush or majarra. it's called being a cast. Point is it's still impractical to bring 20 weapons. I can see 8-10 for areas with an enemy of every element, but 20? that's not being prepared, that's being indecisive.

•Col•
May 9, 2011, 08:02 PM
The idea behind PSU's element system was that you were supposed to prepare for an upcoming mission. It was executed horribly, however, because you couldn't go to your room to switch weapons without leaving the party. :/

Blueblur
May 9, 2011, 08:20 PM

I really hope they go back to that type of system. It was versatile and was not punishing at all.

Tetsaru
May 9, 2011, 09:28 PM
I'm one of those people that carry close to 20 weapons around. Unnecessary? I beg to differ. I don't carry one pallet around, I carry multiple pallets. A full set of Spears, Twin Sabers, Fists, ect.. Why? The obvious reason is boredom with one weapon. The "necessary" reason is that different weapons have different situational uses. If I run into a room full of numerous dark creatures you will see me pull out my Light element Spear and start throwing Majarra around. But let's say you run into a large slow moving dark monster like a Seed Vance? Well then out comes my 56% Light Gudda Hons with some nice high level Ikk hikk criticals for them. Wait! Now a Argine spawned! Oh look I have a nice pair of Twin Daggers with the Yo-Yo PA that I can use to keep him knocked on his side? Get the point...?

Anyways, this topic is about what we would want to see in PSO2. Yet almost every time someone mentions something, it's criticized and changed by another poster... We all have our ideas of what we would want PSO to be... My ideas are not yours.

I dunno... personally, between Dus Majarra, Assault Crush, and Chikki (and maybe Anga Jabroga, had I actually liked axes), that was all I really needed. Most of the PA's in PSU had relatively similar effects: knockback, damaging surrounding enemies, etc. There just wasn't really that much diversity between a lot of them (Tornado Break vs. Dus Robado vs. Gravity Dance vs. the spinning twin dagger one I can't remember, for example), and I hope PSO2 fixes that. Also, keep in mind that most enemies after AotI came out died quickly no matter what moves you used.

That, and bows and rifles were way too similar as well. Seeing how bows were originally designed to be more of a techer weapon, I'm surprised they didn't base their damage off of TP instead of ATP. That would've made more sense to me.

I've mentioned this a few times already, but I'd also like to see gun weapons' damage be based on an entirely different stat. Hunters have high ATP, Forces have high TP, but Rangers don't have their own stat that strictly governs their own damage. Since they had to use ATP for their damage like Hunters, there were balancing issues such as HUcasts outdamaging gunner classes since they could wield mechguns, or Beasts being good gunners despite having low ATA, and thus I'd like to see this addressed somehow. Perhaps something along the lines of my "weapon proficiency" idea, so that the weapon types you use most are the ones you're best with, and different ones you suddenly equip on the fly would require some practice of sorts to wield effectively.

@Niloklives: I wasn't trying to call you out specifically. I'm well aware of how difficult it was to find certain items, especially before AotI. I remember once going broke doing runs for a Degahna Cannon because soloing that run when it first came out was difficult. I also remember a friend of mine who did HIVE runs like crazy trying to find a Black Heart, but to no avail. And I know everyone hated the Kerselines and similar items (myself included), but I still picked them up because they were still an extra few hundred meseta in your pocket if you sold them to the NPC shops, as trivial as that may sound. Personally though, it only took a split second to hit start on my controller and see my cursor hovered over "Items: X/60" without looking at anything else to see whether or not I needed to drop anything to make room for rares, and as long as I had around 5 empty slots left, I was usually good. That's just me, though - I know a lot of people didn't like that kind of micromanaging. :confused:

Anon_Fire
May 9, 2011, 09:36 PM
I dunno... personally, between Dus Majarra, Assault Crush, and Chikki (and maybe Anga Jabroga, had I actually liked axes), that was all I really needed. Most of the PA's in PSU had relatively similar effects: knockback, damaging surrounding enemies, etc. There just wasn't really that much diversity between a lot of them (Tornado Break vs. Dus Robado vs. Gravity Dance vs. the spinning twin dagger one I can't remember, for example), and I hope PSO2 fixes that. Also, keep in mind that most enemies after AotI came out died quickly no matter what moves you used.

That, and bows and rifles were way too similar as well. Seeing how bows were originally designed to be more of a techer weapon, I'm surprised they didn't base their damage off of TP instead of ATP. That would've made more sense to me.

I've mentioned this a few times already, but I'd also like to see gun weapons' damage be based on an entirely different stat. Hunters have high ATP, Forces have high TP, but Rangers don't have their own stat that strictly governs their own damage. Since they had to use ATP for their damage like Hunters, there were balancing issues such as HUcasts outdamaging gunner classes since they could wield mechguns, or Beasts being good gunners despite having low ATA, and thus I'd like to see this addressed somehow. Perhaps something along the lines of my "weapon proficiency" idea, so that the weapon types you use most are the ones you're best with, and different ones you suddenly equip on the fly would require some practice of sorts to wield effectively.

@Niloklives: I wasn't trying to call you out specifically. I'm well aware of how difficult it was to find certain items, especially before AotI. I remember once going broke doing runs for a Degahna Cannon because soloing that run when it first came out was difficult. I also remember a friend of mine who did HIVE runs like crazy trying to find a Black Heart, but to no avail. And I know everyone hated the Kerselines and similar items (myself included), but I still picked them up because they were still an extra few hundred meseta in your pocket if you sold them to the NPC shops, as trivial as that may sound. Personally though, it only took a split second to hit start on my controller and see my cursor hovered over "Items: X/60" without looking at anything else to see whether or not I needed to drop anything to make room for rares, and as long as I had around 5 empty slots left, I was usually good. That's just me, though - I know a lot of people didn't like that kind of micromanaging. :confused:

What can fix that is by simply locking the items so that way you can't NPC them.

Niloklives
May 9, 2011, 10:00 PM
it wasn't that I felt you were calling me out, I felt you were overgeneralizing by putting the people who were sick of 7* ore with people who thought you needed 15 PAs to be a good hunter class. I hated doing that kind of micromanaging. I did it cause I had to a lot of the time, but it was mind numbing. yeah you didn't have to worry about it if you had room, but otherwise you had to sift through the shit to find what you wanted and what was just there taking up space. it was a nuissance and all it takes it one time where you forget or dont look often enough.

Malicord
May 9, 2011, 10:47 PM
In an attempt to get back on topic, I'd like to see the menus/interfaces from the first PSO. Judging by the gameplay video, I'm glad to see the action palette is gone, and I'm hoping it'll use PSO's inventory as well. For those of you who never played, it was very easy to keep all your good equipment at the top, while new items would collect at the bottom. This made managing your equipment much easier, even if you had a ridiculous amount of weapons.

More importantly, I really hope they have static classes. None of that "Be a force, become hunter" stuff. It's a lot harder to learn your class if you didn't develop your character as it.

Also, give us weapon free casting again, along with infinite gun ammo. It annoyed me to no end that I had to bring three staves or rifles to every mission or risk running out of photon chargers and being forced to use my nostalgia combo of ruby bullet and durandal.

Tl;Dr: Don't put your PSU in my PSO. You won't make a Reese's equivalent of Phantasy Star.

Niloklives
May 9, 2011, 10:57 PM
Oh look...a post that says lets get back on topic that says "psu sucks" which is sure to incite a fight, thus getting us off topic again.

FEI LEE
May 9, 2011, 11:07 PM
*grabs popcorn*

Anyone?

Wayu
May 9, 2011, 11:13 PM
So many newbies...and not many good ones.

-Wayu

BIG OLAF
May 9, 2011, 11:16 PM
Tl;Dr: Don't put your PSU in my PSO.

I take it you're pretty upset with the PSO2 gameplay footage, then? Considering it's nothing like PSO's? Also, I see you mentioned that it's your PSO. Why can't it be everyone's?

Sorry, I had to indulge in the idiocy. But, my previous questions are more rhetorical than anything.

Malicord
May 9, 2011, 11:18 PM
That wasn't my intention, and I'm not saying PSU sucks, just that there were too many aspects of it I didn't like. I know there'll be people saying PSO2 can benefit from PSU, and I'd agree on terms of photon arts and possibly more races. I can't really think of anything significant to add that hasn't been shown in the gameplay video, and so my main concern is that it will incorporate too much of PSU to the point where I'll have trouble enjoying it.

Everyone has their own opinions on what should be in PSO2, and I'm not going to say anything will ruin the game completely. I may not like PSU much, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game.

Edit: sorry, that post was directed to Niloklives.

Malicord
May 9, 2011, 11:24 PM
And quite frankly, I'm overjoyed with the gameplay footage. The evasion reminds me of Monster Hunter, another series that I've clocked over 500 hours into. I understand it's not PSO, and if I wanted PSO I'd just turn on my GC. I know a lot of people like PSU, but personally it makes my skin crawl.

I also understand I'm new to posting here, but I hardly feel that my opinion towards PSU could be counted as idiocy.

Edit: I don`t mean to claim PSO as my own, I was simply referencing an old Reese`s peanut butter cup commercial.

Niloklives
May 9, 2011, 11:27 PM
the evasion was from PSP2. which is an extension of PSU. Really this game has so much of PSU in it, I'm not sure how people can even say they want PSU out of the game at this point.

BIG OLAF
May 9, 2011, 11:28 PM
the evasion was from PSP2. which is an extension of PSU. Really this game has so much of PSU in it, I'm not sure how people can even say they want PSU out of the game at this point.

I'd say it has more PSP2/i. Unless you were just referring to the PSU "series" as a whole. If so, yes, I agree. It's way past the point of "no PSU/P2/i please".

Niloklives
May 9, 2011, 11:30 PM
I'd say it has more PSP2/i. Unless you were just referring to the PSU "series" as a whole. If so, yes, I agree. It's way past the point of "no PSU/P2/i please".

Read what I said again lol I clearly stated it was from PSP2 which is a direct sequel to PSU xD.

BIG OLAF
May 9, 2011, 11:32 PM
Read what I said again lol I clearly stated it was from PSP2 which is a direct sequel to PSU xD.

Sorry, I'm not really paying attention, because I'm actually playing PSP2 right now. Bit ironic, in a weird way. My point of "it's way past the 'no PSU'" mantra still stands, though.

Malicord
May 9, 2011, 11:37 PM

Okay, call me a newbie on that one if you wish. :-? I`m not well informed on PSP2.

But from the gameplay video, I see very little from PSU/Extentions, other than photon arts, moving while shooting, and now evasion. I'm quite happy with that, and so I suppose I should rephrase my point: Don't put any of the bad PSU in PSO2, which in my opinion, is a lot of it.

FEI LEE
May 9, 2011, 11:40 PM
"It's ok. We can just agree that I'll agree when you see things my way."

That's pretty much what I get outta these arguments

Niloklives
May 9, 2011, 11:48 PM
...You say that like arguments end any other way.

FEI LEE
May 9, 2011, 11:53 PM
...You say that like arguments end any other way.

Guess you could say that. Unless someone is definitively wrong I guess it actually does end that way.

Niloklives
May 10, 2011, 12:06 AM
And just for the sake so saying I told you so: we're off topic again.

Wayu
May 10, 2011, 03:07 AM
Okay, call me a newbie on that one if you wish. :-? I`m not well informed on PSP2.

But from the gameplay video, I see very little from PSU/Extentions, other than photon arts, moving while shooting, and now evasion. I'm quite happy with that, and so I suppose I should rephrase my point: Don't put any of the bad PSU in PSO2, which in my opinion, is a lot of it.

If you'd ever played PSP2, you'd know how much of a difference those "little" changes are.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
May 10, 2011, 04:50 AM
If I remember right, dodging and manual blocking first showed up in PSZ, so technically the game is more PSZ combat-wise.

So far.

Corey Blue
May 10, 2011, 04:58 AM
It doesn't look like PSU to me,I don't remember PSU's clothes looking that good especially the males.(The style is similar but that's to be expected.) I'm glad they took the combat from PSU though.So this game already blew PSU out of the water with just one video.PSO+PSU=PSO2

•Col•
May 10, 2011, 10:53 AM
If I remember right, dodging and manual blocking first showed up in PSZ, so technically the game is more PSZ combat-wise.

So far.

There wasn't manual blocking in PSZ. And although rolling first appeared in PSZ, I feel like they perfected it in PSP2. It felt kinda clunky in PSZ, and fitted much better with the fluid attack motions in PSP2.

NoiseHERO
May 10, 2011, 11:42 AM
I think only the shield could block in PSZ... I hope they bring that weapon back (Shield + Hunewm = God)

I also hope they bring back the outfits from PSZ...I don't see a reason not to bring back outfits from the previous games...they already do it with everything else in every other game. But for PSU...I'd say only bring back some of the more interesting/Popular outfits...Not the ugly stuff...

Still NB4 more "atmosphere breaking" paranoia.

Niloklives
May 10, 2011, 11:53 AM

So far.

That's true I forgot about PSZ

r00tabaga
May 10, 2011, 11:59 AM
It doesn't look like PSU to me,I don't remember PSU's clothes looking that good especially the males.(The style is similar but that's to be expected.) I'm glad they took the combat from PSU though.So this game already blew PSU out of the water with just one video.PSO+PSU=PSO2

Agree. You could make a really solid game by taking the good from all of the PS games of the past decade. PSO's combat is severely dated...as is PSU's clothing. -lol

Niloklives
May 10, 2011, 12:06 PM
I started playing the classic PS games again and started thinking how much I loved the old costumes. I mean yeah it's total 80s and stuff, but I'd love to see some optional outfits that brought that style back.

BIG OLAF
May 10, 2011, 12:08 PM
I started playing the classic PS games again and started thinking how much I loved the old costumes. I mean yeah it's total 80s and stuff, but I'd love to see some optional outfits that brought that style back.

Like Chaz's red unitard w/ chrome boots and pauldrons? That would be pretty sweet.

NoiseHERO
May 10, 2011, 12:09 PM

I based my first PSO character off of ROLF so I'd definitely wear his outfit a lot. (Yes I have a horrible habit of typing his name in all caps for obvious reasons.)

Niloklives
May 10, 2011, 12:23 PM
Yeah exactly. I'd really like to see classic PS make more noise in this game.

•Col•
May 10, 2011, 02:08 PM
I think only the shield could block in PSZ... I hope they bring that weapon back (Shield + Hunewm = God)

Unless I'm totally missing something... You can only "block" with a shield by charging up a Photon Art and creating a barrier around you that lasts a few seconds. It is completely different than how the PSP2 blocking works.

Niloklives
May 10, 2011, 02:20 PM
iirc if you locked on to an enemy with a shield, you took up a guard stance while strafing.

•Col•
May 10, 2011, 02:31 PM
iirc if you locked on to an enemy with a shield, you took up a guard stance while strafing.

Well, still different than how it worked in PSP2. :p

Akaimizu
May 10, 2011, 02:54 PM
You know what. I really do think about those clothes everytime I play one of the classic Phantasy Star games. Lord knows I don't think I go anywhere without convenient access to at least PSII. It's in my consoles, it's in my PC, it's in my phone...my tablet...

Still, I like to reflect back on them for the style and the music. Some of the music taking some pretty odd but very intended progressions in them, but they were definitely stylistic.

Though I do remember a couple of costumes in PSP2 that unlocked as you played. They seem to resemble (even down to the stark colors) outfits that are from the original series. I had to give them some props in including them. Compared to a lot of the other flashy anime-inspired entries, they definitely are a stark contrast in the direction of nostalgia.

Niloklives
May 10, 2011, 04:11 PM
Well, still different than how it worked in PSP2. :p

To be sure, just was clarifying.

You know what. I really do think about those clothes everytime I play one of the classic Phantasy Star games. Lord knows I don't think I go anywhere without convenient access to at least PSII. It's in my consoles, it's in my PC, it's in my phone...my tablet...

Still, I like to reflect back on them for the style and the music. Some of the music taking some pretty odd but very intended progressions in them, but they were definitely stylistic.

Though I do remember a couple of costumes in PSP2 that unlocked as you played. They seem to resemble (even down to the stark colors) outfits that are from the original series. I had to give them some props in including them. Compared to a lot of the other flashy anime-inspired entries, they definitely are a stark contrast in the direction of nostalgia.

Yeah the music was amazing as well. Even today the music from PSIV echoes in my head when I think about the genesis.

Honestly I think the style of those games just had something magical to them. I don't know how to describe it. Just the right elements from the sci fi of that era with enough of its own as well as a huge helping of a fantasy setting in a way that just set it apart from everything else. And the method of story telling was just something I appreciate even to this day. I'm not sure how else to word it, but I'd really love to see some honest throwbacks to those games in terms of design and music. It doesn't have to be overt, but a few costumes and a few arranged pieces would go a long way.

GCoffee
May 10, 2011, 05:21 PM
A Laughter remix... ngh... nomnomnom........ ugh, that is just the best classical PS tune I can think of, so make it a boss theme, I will cry rivers of joy.

RemiusTA
May 10, 2011, 05:43 PM
To be sure, just was clarifying.

Yeah the music was amazing as well. Even today the music from PSIV echoes in my head when I think about the genesis.

Honestly I think the style of those games just had something magical to them. I don't know how to describe it. Just the right elements from the sci fi of that era with enough of its own as well as a huge helping of a fantasy setting in a way that just set it apart from everything else. And the method of story telling was just something I appreciate even to this day. I'm not sure how else to word it, but I'd really love to see some honest throwbacks to those games in terms of design and music. It doesn't have to be overt, but a few costumes and a few arranged pieces would go a long way.

Thats how i feel about PSO's artstyle as well. Of course, PSU STARTED that way for me, but eventually just fell into anime clicheness. Regardless, PSU was pretty artsy when it came to clothing. I like the amount of work they put into the clothing designs, even if only a few appealed to me. It was a really nice touch to walk into a clothing store in a futuristic anime city with it's own created designer lines.

Hopefully PSO2 does something similar, without falling victim to Voloyal / magical girl spam /no pants / nipple garments / spam of random spikes of metal on the shoulders and backs on casts / 10 year old boy outfits like PSP2i has unfortunally done.

Anon_Fire
May 11, 2011, 04:08 PM
Weapons and Armor should be level restricted.

SephirothXer0
May 11, 2011, 05:35 PM
Weapons and Armor should be level restricted.

Disagree, for the same reasons I think mags shouldn't be restricted. Stat restrictions are good enough and take away some of the grind when we want to start a new character.

ARASHIKAGE
May 11, 2011, 05:47 PM
Disagree, for the same reasons I think mags shouldn't be restricted. Stat restrictions are good enough and take away some of the grind when we want to start a new character.

I agree, stat restrictions are the way to go. It gives an individual class more exclusiveness and makes them special. My RAmar could equip high powered guns before other classes due to the high ATA stat. RAcasts had more power with them but I got the ability to use them at lower levels. It also gave you a reason to use a different mag or material to achieve your unique character design.

This formula will most likely change but I thought it was a solid one.

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 06:14 PM
I agree, stat restrictions are the way to go. It gives an individual class more exclusiveness and makes them special. My RAmar could equip high powered guns before other classes due to the high ATA stat. RAcasts had more power with them but I got the ability to use them at lower levels. It also gave you a reason to use a different mag or material to achieve your unique character design.

This formula will most likely change but I thought it was a solid one.

I agree three....for the points you have mentioned.

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 06:21 PM
Thats how i feel about PSO's artstyle as well. Of course, PSU STARTED that way for me, but eventually just fell into anime clicheness. Regardless, PSU was pretty artsy when it came to clothing. I like the amount of work they put into the clothing designs, even if only a few appealed to me.

I know you think I'm picking--->but seriously?!? You LIKED the amount of work they (PSU) put into it, even if you only liked a FEW? For one, the line shield designs for most, if not all of the clothing designs, were awful & usually tacky. Secondly, 90% lacked any real appeal and didn't look right when matched w/their tops or bottoms. My opinion, but I obviously like the new (old) look they've chosen so far!

Wayu
May 11, 2011, 07:03 PM
That's personal opinion there; quite variable.

-Wayu

Mantiskilla
May 11, 2011, 07:08 PM
Maybe its just me but as long as the game has the same feel to it as all the previous ones before it then that's fine by me. Not one to nitpick about wanting change, but I guess that's due to not being able to play games nearly as much as I used to

BIG OLAF
May 11, 2011, 07:09 PM
My opinion, but I obviously like the new (old) look they've chosen so far!

Yes, but SEGA has literally only revealed like, what, three outfits? All of them being "starter clothes". They all look pretty awesome, but I'm hoping for a bit of variety.

joshboyd1209
May 11, 2011, 07:35 PM
Yes, but SEGA has literally only revealed like, what, three outfits? All of them being "starter clothes". They all look pretty awesome, but I'm hoping for a bit of variety.
I think those outfits are very neat and I wouldn't mind using the HUmar one through the entire course of the game. As for what I would like to see in PSO 2 I would like to see them give weapons that kill enemies instantly a higher chance of success in one hit kills and make them work on some of the bosses(just for the fun of having it kill some great big gigantic monster that could kill a high level player in a few hits die from one of yours ).

Wayu
May 11, 2011, 08:08 PM
^

No. That's just gamebreaking.

The equivalent of automatic n00b t00bs.

-Wayu

Nitro Vordex
May 11, 2011, 08:43 PM
I think those outfits are very neat and I wouldn't mind using the HUmar one through the entire course of the game. As for what I would like to see in PSO 2 I would like to see them give weapons that kill enemies instantly a higher chance of success in one hit kills and make them work on some of the bosses(just for the fun of having it kill some great big gigantic monster that could kill a high level player in a few hits die from one of yours ).
We had that, it was the Dim->Hell series. Which would be described here (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=326). And it was mostly terrible, until way higher levels.

Insta killing bosses with one hit is kinda dumb, especially if the whole party could do it. (Looking at you, Jabroga.)

BIG OLAF
May 11, 2011, 08:46 PM
(Looking at you, Jabroga.)

I would actually credit that to bosses being too easy to begin with. Jabroga is extremely fair, especially now that it has an accuracy modifier, and can actually miss. Honestly, there are better ways to kill bosses. For example, in PSP2/i, I find that Jabroga is utterly useless. They definitely did fix it's brokenness.

Titan
May 12, 2011, 02:05 PM
Some things I would NOT like to see is: Newmans, Sonic Team, useless acheivement system, unbalanced classes, unskippable cut-scence, Steam connectivity, separate servers, and probably a few other things I can't think of at this moment.

Things I would like to see: lobby chairs, collaborations (KFC/Pizza Hut etc), the ability to pick up enemies or friends and throw them, Photon Blast for Humans instead of a shared Mirage Blast system with Newmans, Photon Arts that change slightly in movement depending how you're positioned, Grants, and picture chat.

And yes I hate Newmans but there's nothing gonna change that ever ever.

Akaimizu
May 12, 2011, 02:16 PM
Actually, I never minded Jabroga that much. The long start-up (making the hunter stop during the process) and everything was actually a pretty good balancer. If that wasn't enough, the ability for it to miss addition really sealed the deal. And even better yet, it was something a team could work into the strategy. Having other corral the mobs or the boss in position for the Jabroga to hit. Like having a gunner drop Onmagoug(sp?) with the idea that they're coming down soon, call it out for the Fighter to use Jabroga. Monster comes down, then Boom! Teamwork!

Technically, Slicers were worse, but mainly for what it could do for Fighters playing the class. Oooh! I strong, have lots of hitpoints, can tank, but I wont, because I can stay back here and kill all. Not a scratch on me! Jabroga was slow, and afterwards, if anything was still alive close by, I still have to answer for me being in the action now.

r00tabaga
May 12, 2011, 02:20 PM
Some things I would NOT like to see is: Newmans, Sonic Team, useless acheivement system, unbalanced classes, unskippable cut-scence, Steam connectivity, separate servers, and probably a few other things I can't think of at this moment.

Things I would like to see: lobby chairs, collaborations (KFC/Pizza Hut etc), the ability to pick up enemies or friends and throw them, Photon Blast for Humans instead of a shared Mirage Blast system with Newmans, Photon Arts that change slightly in movement depending how you're positioned, Grants, and picture chat.

And yes I hate Newmans but there's nothing gonna change that ever ever.

<sits and waits for Malachute to whip up one of his witty LOL comments>

Malachite
May 12, 2011, 02:23 PM
If you just sit there thinkin' about people who disagree with you on the internet, you really need a life bud. lol.

Niloklives
May 12, 2011, 02:25 PM
that didn't take long

Malachite
May 12, 2011, 02:26 PM
lol it's weird cause I never even check this topic!

Musta been my troll senses tingling.

r00tabaga
May 12, 2011, 03:31 PM
It's just funny his repetitive use of "lol" in every post. My girl doesn't even use it that much! Someday him & I will be best buds though, I'm sure of it. He has a soft side. The force is strong within him.

Malachite
May 12, 2011, 04:43 PM
I say lol a lot because I find you quite amusing.

Listen, buddy. I understand that I must have had a very large impact on your life in the past three days, and I'm flattered that you think about me all the time, and that you talk about me even in topics where I haven't posted, but you really must get over me!

This whole me and you thing? It's just not gonna happen, sorry man.

r00tabaga
May 12, 2011, 05:48 PM
Laugh out loudly, right!

Palle
May 12, 2011, 10:50 PM
Things I would like to see: ...collaborations (KFC/Pizza Hut etc)...

I thought we were friends...

:-?

Titan
May 12, 2011, 11:39 PM
I thought we were friends...

:-?

If you take off the last 2 letters of your name, technically you're friends with everyone.

On topic: I'm usually pretty accurate when I want something.

Here's an example of one of many suggestions that came true.
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?296755-Nano-SUV-MB-MB

SephirothXer0
May 13, 2011, 04:40 AM
If you take off the last 2 letters of your name, technically you're friends with everyone.

On topic: I'm usually pretty accurate when I want something.

Here's an example of one of many suggestions that came true.
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?296755-Nano-SUV-MB-MB

Take the last two letters off your name and you'd make a few new friends as well :P

Niloklives
May 13, 2011, 04:48 AM
only if there were two of them

r00tabaga
May 13, 2011, 12:45 PM
Or three, like in Total Recall. Yes!

Miyoko
May 14, 2011, 03:15 AM
You know what I really want gone from PSO2, that's been in too many of the previous games?

The stupid, god awful "killing blow gets more XP" garbage. It's such a horribad idea. It makes it so everyone stacks DPS and tries to out damage each other, which does the OPPOSITE of encouraging team play. I know a lot of people who would be more inclined to playing support forces if they didn't have to worry about being the ones who kill things, too.

NoiseHERO
May 14, 2011, 03:32 AM
You know what I really want gone from PSO2, that's been in too many of the previous games?

The stupid, god awful "killing blow gets more XP" garbage. It's such a horribad idea. It makes it so everyone stacks DPS and tries to out damage each other, which does the OPPOSITE of encouraging team play. I know a lot of people who would be more inclined to playing support forces if they didn't have to worry about being the ones who kill things, too.

If they made exp distribution more interesting, ESPECIALLY in terms of teamwork I'd probably cream my pants...

The guy that's debuffing and DOTing, The ranger that's aggroing and hitting weakspots, the tank, and the mage buffing people should be able to get bonus exp for their efforts just like the DPS/Power house guys.

Something for combos, assist kills, using an enemies weakness or (again)debuffing and DOTing. to increase exp by a small percentage. Yanno...stuff that encourages teamwork and diversity.

r00tabaga
May 14, 2011, 07:12 AM
Make it simple, you get a hit...you get exp. No more or less for killing blow. Forces should get exp from buff/heal/resta too. Equal amounts to all who "experienced" the kill.