PDA

View Full Version : Fan Art Seaside Realistic

Axel3792
Sep 16, 2010, 11:33 PM
Hey all, it's been quite a while since I've posted here, but I thought I would come out of hiding to share a new piece of art with you all:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/dasmachtsnichts/GalDeVal-Seaside-small2.jpg

I removed a lot of the crazy pillar-type things that are so prevalent towards the far end of the beach, and I made the coastline rocky as opposed to sandy and paradise-ish because I think it gives it more of a harsh feel. I am on a cross-processing kick, which adds a bit of surrealism to the image as a whole.

This is my third attempt at realistic game environments, hope you enjoy!
(the first and second were for Eve Online, but that doesn't get much attention around here :P)

EDIT:: This is a Photoshop montage of many different images :P

FOkyasuta
Sep 16, 2010, 11:46 PM
OMFG.

NeonaPulsar
Sep 16, 2010, 11:48 PM
Wow... im assuming that this image looked different to start. You did a fantastic job in it. It really looks real.

Axel3792
Sep 16, 2010, 11:54 PM
yes, i combined many different images in photoshop :)

Sord
Sep 17, 2010, 12:12 AM
Could you post the original images to compare?

Sagasu
Sep 19, 2010, 04:58 PM
Just photo splicing, or are we talking matte painting?

Really cool atmosphere, but if you tweaked the colors towards that of the in game area the resemblance would really pop.

Axel3792
Sep 20, 2010, 10:23 PM
@ Sord
Lots of images went into this one, I just used a ton of high res stock images :P most of them are >2mp so I probably shouldn't post them here hehe

@ Sagasu
yeah a lot of splicing and masking, blends, cloning etc etc etc, and as far as the colors, they can be attributed to my recent cross-processing kick :P

thanks for the comments everyone :)

Mimo
Oct 19, 2010, 05:49 PM
Oh wow, I never saw this until now! You are so good a photo manipulations. Very pretty work. :3

FOkyasuta
Oct 19, 2010, 05:50 PM
Even After A While Its Still Makes Me OMG.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Oct 19, 2010, 08:06 PM
that. is. incredible. imagine if PSO2's graphics looked like that... amazing

NegaTsukasa
Oct 20, 2010, 09:08 AM
The console graphics for the year 2100. lol
(well, we have graphics close to this now anyway.)

this is very well put together. almost had me fooled as a real location the creators used for reference off some uncharted island.