PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 "Handgun > Twin Handgun" ?

ChaosAngel92
Sep 17, 2010, 12:54 AM
Hello fellow gunslingers.
Since the beginning of PSU, I have always been fond to the twin handguns.
And since my very first day online, to these PSP:2 days, I have always considered my main weapon.

Now I didn't noticed this when I played the JP version of PSP:2, but here is the deal.
I just found my loved revolver "B'Duki Magna" or the "white one" as I call it.
However, I got it in it's single version.

I decided to equip it, and to keep the "old west" persona I decided to equip absolutely nothing on the right hand.

Turns out I can clear the stage without a problem, dealing great damage with the double charge shot, and without struggling about PP costs, not to mention that now the FPS mode doesn't jump when I do the charge shot.

Now is it my imagination...or does the single handgun totally left the "twin handguns" behind?

DarkPhoton
Sep 17, 2010, 12:58 AM
It has its purposes. But the twin handgun is still superior in damage and racking up those beloved combo numbers. I just got a twin varista myself. Made my day

ChaosAngel92
Sep 17, 2010, 12:59 AM
It has its purposes. But the twin handgun is still superior in damage and racking up those beloved combo numbers. I just got a twin varista myself. Made my day

What it totally frustrates me about Twin Handguns is that jump when you do the charge shot.
I just can't get it to work on FPS.

DarkPhoton
Sep 17, 2010, 01:02 AM
Sure you can, Just aim down a bit in fps. I hate it when I'm fighting something short though in third person and i fire right over it. Makes me rage.

I still love my twin handguns though

Saito_Forte
Sep 17, 2010, 06:42 AM
Online mode kills twin handguns for me. Only 1 bullet adds to the combo rather than both.

Hrith
Sep 17, 2010, 07:41 AM
I also find single handguns superior.

At the same grade, twin handguns deal less damage and single handguns charge faster for even more damage =/

Mike
Sep 17, 2010, 07:52 AM
Dual Handguns have the advantage of hitting four targets during a charge shot and being able to not only strafe but block as well. A single handgun will only hit three targets during a PA and cannot block.

Dragwind
Sep 17, 2010, 04:37 PM
Very interesting information. I'll be keeping this in mind for sure.

kongajinken
Sep 17, 2010, 05:38 PM
Dual Handguns have the advantage of hitting four targets during a charge shot and being able to not only strafe but block as well. A single handgun will only hit three targets during a PA and cannot block.

^this

NAM
Sep 17, 2010, 06:05 PM

This is precisely the reason why I find everything that's not a shield or two-handed weapon (with an exception for Rods) to be inferior.

I tend to give myself minor goals while playing, and sometimes I try to perfect a mission (to never get hit the entire mission). The only genuine way to be completely invincible an entire mission is through Just Guard. That is why I find Just Guarding to be a superior ability.

Randomness
Sep 17, 2010, 06:08 PM
This is precisely the reason why I find everything that's not a shield or two-handed weapon (with an exception for Rods) to be inferior.

I tend to give myself minor goals while playing, and sometimes I try to perfect a mission (to never get hit the entire mission). The only genuine way to be completely invincible an entire mission is through Just Guard. That is why I find Just Guarding to be a superior ability.

I'd argue that timed rolls would do so as well, since they have an invincibility period.

Of course, blocking is easier.

DoubleJG
Sep 17, 2010, 06:16 PM

I do enjoy the ability to block, hence why I also stick to two-handed weapons more often than single-handed ones. I suppose it depends what my role in the party is at the time. If I choose to go semi-support, I'll single wield with a madoog for support.