PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Cheap-ass final boss. (Spoiler-free)

Randomness
Sep 17, 2010, 01:03 AM
Seriously, does it need to have an attack where the camera watches the sky, and then it goes *lovetap* *slap* *INSTA-KO*. I mean, really. It was basically instant death. Or would have been if I hadn't been a Vanguard, with the can't-be-one-shotted skill set.

Bring a scape, cause you ain't beating it without one.

On a side note, EX Traps are SO good. And if it does its big black circles of pain on the ground, you can just set one off and laugh.

Alexandria
Sep 17, 2010, 01:05 AM
If it's anything like Fakis' meteor move, if you have 81% of your max health, it won't kill you.

Shakuri
Sep 17, 2010, 01:06 AM
You can block the ultimate attack by facing in his direction using the Radar as an indication of where you're facing. And simply heal as it hits you.

Or you can Exact Guard it if you know the timing for it.

Kurosu
Sep 17, 2010, 01:31 AM
Yep, that attack isn't really that hard to counter, since it gives you so much time to prepare.
I found the other attack with the little purple missiles more dangerous.

Mike
Sep 17, 2010, 02:04 AM
It is hard to get the block timing right when the swords come flying out of the boss' wings but just holding down the block button on the edge of the map works fine. Once you get the patterns down, the second form of the final boss is actually easier than the first.

Izuna
Sep 17, 2010, 02:08 AM
The last boss... I keep hearing people have problems with it, even seeing a high level get smacked around, but I've never died on it.

I dunno, maybe there's something small that I know, which makes a large difference.

Ami
Sep 17, 2010, 06:46 AM
What I do, is block like mad facing it. If I can't then I heal just after the attacks (since each one takes a bit a time before the next one comes in)

And a dark rifle. No matter what, a dark rifle preferably with that long shot PA. That's what I used along with my best dark element melee wep. But yeah, second form is pretty easy compared to the first form.

Kurosu
Sep 17, 2010, 06:58 AM
Funny, I always felt the first form is easier than the second, since it's much more forgiving of mistakes, it doesn't really have any instant kill attacks, except perhaps the other version of the rapid fire attack he uses.

While form 2 is pretty much nothing but insta kill once you get him to low hp.

But all in all the boss isn't really that hard, just annoying cause the fight takes long if you don't have a good ranged dark weapon.

Redpaige13
Sep 17, 2010, 11:36 AM
Funny, I always felt the first form is easier than the second, since it's much more forgiving of mistakes, it doesn't really have any instant kill attacks, except perhaps the other version of the rapid fire attack he uses.

While form 2 is pretty much nothing but insta kill once you get him to low hp.

But all in all the boss isn't really that hard, just annoying cause the fight takes long if you don't have a good ranged dark weapon.

There's a SECOND form of that SOB?!

Oi, you gotta be kidding me. That bastard KO's me in no-time during the first 10 seconds. It's driving me absolutely caca.

Wondering if I should just do a bunch of open missions until I'm at least 10 lvls stronger, but would that help at all?

Lolitron
Sep 17, 2010, 11:41 AM
Chapter 10-3 is the easiest one of chapter 10. Took me 3:01 to kill both forms at level 60 in this play through.

The 1st time you fight the final boss, his attacks will surprise you and likely even kill you (it did for me lol). Once you're familiar with his attack patterns, you won't be getting hit by anything except for the Danmaku attack (assuming you play conservatively).

MegaRocker1987
Sep 17, 2010, 12:04 PM
I had the same problem on Kumhan but i just got right back up and kicked his ass and i was only lvl 60 believe me if you time your heals hes pretty easy after a while. Took me 3 Tries to beat Him.

Kurosu
Sep 17, 2010, 01:56 PM
Heh, did they really romanize it as "Kumhan"? That sounds kinda stupid, should've made it Kahmhan or something.

Retniwreven
Sep 17, 2010, 02:05 PM
I actually killed it as a Vanguard, without using a scape, or any EX traps. I just had a really good claw and brute-forced it.

Randomness
Sep 17, 2010, 03:03 PM
If it's anything like Fakis' meteor move, if you have 81% of your max health, it won't kill you.

No, I got one-shotted the first time I saw it. I popped a dimate right after the second hit, and it nuked me down. I was holding guard the second time, and it still did enough to trigger Half Defense (Might not have been facing, but...)

The move where it shoots out the rows of purple bullets is extremely easy to avoid. Whenever it flies back off the stage, run to either the left or right edge (Facing it), and you will take at most 2-3 hits, depending where on the edge you are. (And if it does the spinning bombs, just run back, and cut him up. A good area damage PA or an EX trap will clear all the bombs at once)

NAM
Sep 17, 2010, 06:29 PM
Seriously, you're at the end and it's only been a day over it's release? O-O

Alexandria
Sep 17, 2010, 06:58 PM

It's been out since tuesday. o .o

Randomness
Sep 17, 2010, 07:16 PM

You kidding? It came out Tuesday. I beat it around midnight this morning or so?

UberRottweiler
Sep 18, 2010, 02:59 AM
I cannot defeat this boss I've tried like 5 or 6 times and I cannot kill the damn thing using a HUcast lvl.55... This mofo is ridiculously overpowered... Its almost as difficult as Ultimate Dark Falz 3rd form from PSO. :(

Kurosu
Sep 18, 2010, 03:20 AM
He's not really that hard, just get used to his patterns and bring a decent gun for the second fight. (preferably dark element, but as long as it's not light element it's good)