PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Chelsea... (some spoilers)

Randomness
Sep 17, 2010, 09:05 PM
Hilarious: Ursula asks if its time for "some bubbly".

Chelsea whips out a SUV... of champagne bottles. In which the bubbly eruption destroys all the enemies. I mean, really? Its just hilarious to see a SUV firing champagne.

Also, I find it interesting how Curtz reacts to her... Complete fear. I mean, really, he's the commander of the AMF, fought on the frontlines against Seed... and Chelsea's appearance puts him straight into "yes ma'am no ma'am whatever you say ma'am" mode. (Her badass-ness is kind of spoiled though when Ethan shows up in the mission, though she's reverted to her normal demeanor at that point, so... could be her being polite.)

Alexandria
Sep 17, 2010, 09:26 PM
Could you just make one thread for all your random thoughts and comments please? >.>

Randomness
Sep 17, 2010, 09:39 PM
So, me making two threads today is too much?

Retniwreven
Sep 17, 2010, 10:36 PM
Curtz meets her?
When was that?
Or are we talking about a side story mission...

Shakuri
Sep 17, 2010, 10:36 PM
A Side story mission.

DarkShadowX
Sep 17, 2010, 10:37 PM
The 3rd Side Story mission, forget the name but its unlocked when you beat Story Mode.

Alexandria
Sep 17, 2010, 10:48 PM
So, me making two threads today is too much?

No, making 2 threads that are totally pointless in their own right is too much. The first one you were bitching about a boss being too hard. Now you're commenting on a scene that you liked. If your post isn't going to start any intellectual discussion about the game, why does it need it's own thread? Just go post in one of the other bullshit threads about story mode. Or go make one in Rants about the boss that kills you with it's attack that's telegraphed 5 seconds ahead of time.

DoubleJG
Sep 17, 2010, 10:49 PM
The audio for the カーツとチエルシ (Kurtz & Chelsea) in the JP version put a smile on my face, because her tone COMPLETELY changes (in a somewhat sexy way, too), and all Kurtz can respond with is "...YES MAM!"

It's a shame they don't have audio for the basic dialogue in the EN version, because I would have enjoyed hearing her go off with her French accent.

No, making 2 threads that are totally pointless in their own right is too much. The first one you were bitching about a boss being too hard. Now you're commenting on a scene that you liked. If you're post isn't going to start any intellectual discussion about the game, why does it need it's own thread? Just go post in one of the other bullshit threads about story mode. Or go make one in Rants about the boss that kills you with it's attack that's telegraphed 5 seconds ahead of time.

This thread does have relevance to it, as it serves the purpose of discussing one of the main characters. The thread started out about two scenes in particular, and can easily expand as to what people do and do not like about her, as well as many other possible routes.

Retniwreven
Sep 17, 2010, 10:56 PM
Someone in this thread is mad.

Anyways, that's interesting to know. I should get around to actually doing that side story mission sometime.

DoubleJG
Sep 17, 2010, 10:57 PM

Anyways, that's interesting to know. I should get around to actually doing that side story mission sometime.

Careful, as it can be rather long (approx. 25minutes with all the dialogue) and a bit tough if you're not high enough in level.

Randomness
Sep 17, 2010, 10:58 PM

Yeah. I actually failed that one at the second boss. Up to that point though... think TTF, with cutscenes.

Careful, as it can be rather long (approx. 25minutes with all the dialogue) and a bit tough if you're not high enough in level.

Lets be fair, it scales with your level to a point, so unless you're 110+, you aren't going to be out-leveling anything. Plus, you can bring 8 EX traps for it, which is... well, beyond silly on dragons.

Retniwreven
Sep 17, 2010, 11:00 PM

Shouldn't be too bad. I'm level 79 (almost 80) with a full set of Rabol Orpads and various other such things. Just need to go run Burning Snow a few dozen times to get some more varied knuckles to go with my claws...

DoubleJG
Sep 17, 2010, 11:00 PM
It's a shame that it doesn't have an S ranked version, otherwise it really could be TTF :P

Wow, people are already hitting 80? Yowza... If only all of my friends played this instead of Reach, then I'd be able to play this at night after work :/

Randomness
Sep 17, 2010, 11:01 PM
Shouldn't be too bad. I'm level 79 (almost 80) with a full set of Rabol Orpads and various other such things. Just need to go run Burning Snow a few dozen times to get some more varied knuckles to go with my claws...

How are knuckles, anyways? I've basically gone through the second half of story mode to where I am now (level 57) using almost nothing but my Ryo-Cresabra with Blade Destruction.

Retniwreven
Sep 17, 2010, 11:07 PM
It's a shame that it doesn't have an S ranked version, otherwise it really could be TTF :P

Wow, people are already hitting 80? Yowza... If only all of my friends played this instead of Reach, then I'd be able to play this at night after work :/
Yeah. I've barely played online at all. Mostly singleplayer as a Vanguard, with the Partnership ability active. Something about making partner characters stronger... do they normally have around 1500~ HP each?

EX Traps and knuckles/claws with self buffs using a wand and Tech mag.

How are knuckles, anyways? I've basically gone through the second half of story mode to where I am now (level 57) using almost nothing but my Ryo-Cresabra with Blade Destruction.
Personally? I love them. Especially with their new Photon Art. The first attack is an uppercut that sends just about anything flying, so I open with that, get in a bunch of free punches, then do the full PA, knocking them over again and hitting anything else in front of me. Sacred Duster having level 2 freeze built in just makes things easier.

SammaeltheDark
Sep 17, 2010, 11:30 PM
It's a shame they don't have audio for the basic dialogue in the EN version, because I would have enjoyed hearing her go off with her French accent.
She drops the accent
Chelsea's the character who is practically ruined without her voice. In JP she goes from bubbly ditz with an outrageous foreign accent to total military badass when addressing Curtz. Thanks again for caring, Sega

DoubleJG
Sep 17, 2010, 11:39 PM
She drops the accent
Chelsea's the character who is practically ruined without her voice. In JP she goes from bubbly ditz with an outrageous foreign accent to total military badass when addressing Curtz. Thanks again for caring, Sega

Ah, bummer.

@Random - I only tried the mission once on JP around Lv75 or so and failed, I think because of those big furry tail swingers on Moatoob. I used my EX traps outside the boss rooms, not knowing how long the quest was going to be.

Randomness
Sep 17, 2010, 11:54 PM
She drops the accent

Well, the text at least captures some of it. It is kind of neat to see that her whole bubbly attitude is just a front. Though, to be fair, she practically says as much in one of those chat bubble optional convos during the story.

But really... "Time for some bubbly?" Lou's SUV from PSU was cool, but not having it was fine. (Basically, it was Sturm+Blitz) But dammit, its not fair that we can't get the champagne cannon.

Retniwreven
Sep 17, 2010, 11:56 PM
Ah, bummer.

@Random - I only tried the mission once on JP around Lv75 or so and failed, I think because of those big furry tail swingers on Moatoob. I used my EX traps outside the boss rooms, not knowing how long the quest was going to be.

The ones with the giant mouth? I used to have trouble with them, but then I realized that all of their attacks are really easy to predict.

Randomness
Sep 18, 2010, 12:04 AM
The ones with the giant mouth? I used to have trouble with them, but then I realized that all of their attacks are really easy to predict.

You don't just run behind them, and blow them away with a quick chain>PA? I rarely have trouble with regular enemies in missions, they rarely survive my first combo. (Blade Destruction on a crea weapon, though, basically nukes the entire area in front of me for massive damage)

Retniwreven
Sep 18, 2010, 12:12 AM
You don't just run behind them, and blow them away with a quick chain>PA? I rarely have trouble with regular enemies in missions, they rarely survive my first combo. (Blade Destruction on a crea weapon, though, basically nukes the entire area in front of me for massive damage)

Easily done on the level 60-ish ones, yes, but I'm fighting level 100-ish ones right now. I can kill them with a PA if they don't have an aura, but having to dodge Diga left and right from the Vandas isn't fun.

Randomness
Sep 18, 2010, 12:18 AM
Easily done on the level 60-ish ones, yes, but I'm fighting level 100-ish ones right now. I can kill them with a PA if they don't have an aura, but having to dodge Diga left and right from the Vandas isn't fun.

Ah. Makes sense. I'm probably going to just start pounding through hard mode for xp.

Retniwreven
Sep 18, 2010, 12:23 AM
Ah. Makes sense. I'm probably going to just start pounding through hard mode for xp.

I'm mostly doing it for the gear, rather than the XP. Mine Defense is nice since both the Lapuchas and the Zoonas can drop Rabol Orpads, and I rather like Tenora Works shields.

blazingsonic
Sep 18, 2010, 03:11 PM
WOw thanks for the heads up without ruining the surprise, I KNEW there was something about her! She's too nice........And you all know or should know that ole TV troupe, Beware the nice ones. Now that I think more on this topic, That part with her in the opening make scence, in the other PSU opening it shows Lou doing her SUV, would make scence for Chelsea to do the same. She's still pretty hot :P

Kazeshindo
Sep 18, 2010, 09:56 PM

So true, too bad there's no crea version of the T. Durandal Replica (if there is, i haven't found it yet)

Randomness
Sep 18, 2010, 10:32 PM
So true, too bad there's no crea version of the T. Durandal Replica (if there is, i haven't found it yet)

There's the Ryo-Cresabra, which is a 7* twin saber. You can get it for S-ranking Traveler in White.