PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 are hunters good?

Kenesu
Sep 19, 2010, 02:27 PM
i'm only asking because i had my 1st online game and i was the only hunter. Everyone was everything else but hunters....

KunoTatewaki
Sep 19, 2010, 02:34 PM
Ive been a hunter since I first started, I like them. Its just up to you.

ZyloWolfBane
Sep 19, 2010, 02:37 PM
Theres nothing wrong with them if thats what you like, the damage they deal in the later parts of the game however tend to be a little lower than Vanguard traps or Forces.

But you cant deny their damage once you've built up a big chain before dishing out a powerful PA or Nanoblast (If beast).

Stick with what you like!

pso_crash
Sep 19, 2010, 02:43 PM
Welcome to Pso-world! I think hunters are popular. Personally, I mostly see hunters and vanguards online.

Alexandria
Sep 19, 2010, 02:43 PM
Seriously? I can find nothing BUT hunters. 2nd most common is Vanguard, followed by Ranger, and I've seen exactly one Force since getting the full game.

GreenArcher
Sep 19, 2010, 02:44 PM
Hey all the kids back in high school wore Abercrombie & Fitch and the like, but I didn't.... Am I lame?????

Hunters are cool man, but vanguard is all the rage because of broken EX traps.

NAM
Sep 19, 2010, 02:51 PM
No those kids just don't have a good sense of fashion.

Seasqwaa
Sep 19, 2010, 03:06 PM
Hey all the kids back in high school wore Abercrombie & Fitch and the like, but I didn't.... Am I lame?????

Hunters are cool man, but vanguard is all the rage because of broken EX traps.

YES, there's someone else that does it too?!
Those clothes are so ugly. And tight.
Oh god, don't get me started.

Well on topic, you can do as you'd like. Find what you like, than, I suggest, stick too it.

I've been a hunter since PSO. While they're a little boring at times, once you collect a whole bunch of weapons, PA's, and learn how to use them all, it's a ton of fun! Especially with all that damage we can take.

GreenArcher
Sep 19, 2010, 03:07 PM
No those kids just don't have a good sense of fashion.

Ugh, it was rhetoric, and I was trying to prove a point that what other people do shouldn't be your sole basis for opinion.

Fandon
Sep 19, 2010, 03:16 PM
Hunters are awesome! I played a beast fighmaster in ps:p and was a HuMar back in PSO. I'm trying out vanguard for the mix of guns,close combat, and techs, figure it may play more like my HuMar did. May end up a hunter anyway later, but human this time thanks to mirage blasts and higher accuracy I can still pull a gun out if I'm going to fight a flyer.

Kenesu
Sep 19, 2010, 03:57 PM
thats whats up guys, so how do i my character to be able to use long range weapons cause right now i'm at lvl 11 and the only weapon i can use is some lame pistol. all my other close range weapons are already maxed out...

Ethateral
Sep 19, 2010, 04:00 PM
I play a Newman F Hunter, am I lame? :rolleyes:

Really though, none of the classes are lame, just pick what you like and how you want to play and roll with it.

kongajinken
Sep 19, 2010, 04:01 PM
thats whats up guys, so how do i my character to be able to use long range weapons cause right now i'm at lvl 11 and the only weapon i can use is some lame pistol. all my other close range weapons are already maxed out...

Level up type level more and spend your weapon points on ranged weapons.

Roontek
Sep 19, 2010, 04:02 PM
Well I don't consider doing over 1K damage a hit for 6+ hits with my Axe wielding HU lame.... and thats at lvl 70.

Kenesu
Sep 20, 2010, 10:28 AM
thanks for the tip kong

Eclipsed57
Sep 20, 2010, 04:25 PM
short answer, yes theyre lame

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 20, 2010, 07:08 PM
I've been doing the hunter thing since PSO, probably thats what I'm more used to. I'm often a brawler in most rpg's, they easy to use and fun for those who like only to hits things.

Pavichokche
Sep 20, 2010, 07:37 PM
They're the more straight-forward and simple to use class, much like in most other RPGs. That doesn't make them lame in any way, however. I, personally, have used a hunter in pretty much every RPG I've played. They can get boring after a little bit (since using them is so simple and, dare I say, easy), that I why there are the other classes which can offer a different kind of experience, and usually a more challenging one. I am currently playing through the story with my Hunter and Ranger, switching every two chapters. It feels very refreshing every time I switch from one to the other, because the gameplay is so different. Also, I know that the next character I make will be a force, most likely a CAST or a Beast. This will definitely turn out to be challenging at first, but rewarding nonetheless.

FarenKar
Sep 21, 2010, 08:31 AM
I've always been in favor of the ranger character, but every now and then I'll boot up my beast hunter just to take out anger and frustration on rappies and the like with swords and axes.

No other class (well, vanguard maybe, but not as much) can justify screaming 'kill kill kill!' as you charge into combat. XD