PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Information for PS:P2 that I might need to know?

Monochromatic-Fiend
Sep 19, 2010, 03:10 PM
Well anyways, it seems they finally added some Phantasy Star Portable content to the playstation store, thus allowing me to finally play it with my PSP Go.
Now I only downloaded the demo of both 1 and 2, but there is no full release of the first one in the store, but there is for the second one.
Now, I just finished play most of the story mode the demo offers you, and I do plan on buying the full version game sometime soon.
But first, I would like to know some information about it, preferably anything that would comparative with PS Zero, since I how the most current memories of that game. I'd just want to know what are some main features of this game, especially for multiplayer, before I decide to buy this game.
Any help if much appreciated.

Kayest
Sep 19, 2010, 03:24 PM
PS:Po2 carries over the shields, doge rolls, and separate drops for each player from PSZ.
Hmm...Multiplayer... The number one complaint for most is the utter crap keyboard interface. There are a few groups that you can join if you have Skype, MSN, or Ventrilo. Multiplayer runs well if the host has a good connection. Only the missions that the host has available are unlocked to be run online.
The character customization is leagues ahead of PSZ.
Describing a game like this is hard... -_-'

Amherst_Wind
Sep 19, 2010, 04:00 PM
More generally comparing the online to PS Zero, its much better and more organised. PSP2 has a menu based lobby system, so you can see a list of available parties, search your friends partner cards to see who is online and even send simple mail. When you're in a party you can do as many missions as you like and stick together for as long as you want to, trading is more limited than PS Zero though, there are in fact very few items you can trade which is kind of a pain. There is a new auto-word system that you can program to say phrases in certain circumstances, eg "thank you" whenever someone heals you, it makes basic chatting a lot easier.

terrell707
Sep 19, 2010, 08:37 PM
Does anyone know how to unlock all the extra battle modes? besides cataoult jump and meseta grab?

Alexandria
Sep 19, 2010, 09:54 PM
Does anyone know how to unlock all the extra battle modes? besides cataoult jump and meseta grab?

Get a higher battle mode rank.