PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 JP -> US works~

Izuna
Sep 19, 2010, 06:25 PM
Someone asked me to give it a go, and the transfer process actually works. EXP, ITEMs, Characters, they all remained. I don't yet know if Kanji can be sent over, but this is somewhat good news.

This also means that it should work visa versa, so if you want to play Infinite with your US character, that's possible. EU should be the same, but my copy hasn't arrive through the post yet.

Game on~

DoubleJG
Sep 19, 2010, 06:29 PM
Oooooh, very nice. If I would have known this, I would have just imported my JP character straight off the bat and saved 80 levels or so of leveling.

Tyreek
Sep 19, 2010, 06:32 PM
The only question remaining is... Can we use our characters online? Last thing I need is to get banned for using my JP imported character.

Amherst_Wind
Sep 19, 2010, 06:34 PM
JP transfers fine to a UK copy too, I did it a while ago though kept it on a seperate save that I dont go online with, due to the whole 'using transferred saves online' drama.

Lolitron
Sep 19, 2010, 06:34 PM
Try PM'ing Edward/Ruby on the official forums.

pso_crash
Sep 19, 2010, 06:35 PM
May I ask how you did it? With a special program, or CFW? I don't really need details, I'm just curious.

Lolitron
May I ask how you did it? With a special program, or CFW? I don't really need details, I'm just curious.

Scroll down a bit in the forums and you'd've spotted:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159721

Tyreek
Try PM'ing Edward/Ruby on the official forums.

I know Volcompat PM'd Ruby about this, he hasn't received a response of course.

Izuna
Sep 19, 2010, 06:44 PM
I would say playing online would be okay, unless your character is too powerful; uploading saves onto the forums is obviously against the rules.

This is all thanks to the MonHan community by the way.

Volcompat321
Sep 19, 2010, 08:39 PM
We've known for a few days it works! Lol
I did this to my character.
I don't think there would be a problem using it online, as long as there's no hacks.

I did PM Ruby a few days ago to make sure it was okay, and not against any ToS, but he never responded as of yet.

Izuna
Sep 19, 2010, 08:44 PM
gamega + version 1.00 <- POWERLEVEL

kongajinken
Sep 19, 2010, 09:37 PM
US version traps are like version JP 1.00 traps?

Izuna
Sep 19, 2010, 10:07 PM
Nah, but I can just move my file over to the JPN version for 1.00 traps, then move it back.

Wayu
Sep 19, 2010, 10:10 PM
Izunaaaa...need help for doing this with a PSPgo!

-Wayu

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 20, 2010, 02:10 AM
There's a lot of JP> US but no US>AU, how come?

BahnKnakyu
Sep 20, 2010, 05:11 PM
What about the licensed content that's already in the JP version of the game but is unavailable on the US side (the ones you had to put in through unlock codes)? Does that stuff transfer over or do they end up becoming "junk" items?

Any way to transfer over the DLC I paid for?

Izuna
Sep 20, 2010, 05:34 PM
DLC items require authentication from the PSN/Licenses, so I wouldn't bet 0 on it. I couldn't get the Winning Apple to work from one PSP to the next, as it showed up as Download Item. The stats were gimped, and it was unequipable.

As for DLC items, they have been translated and even things like Gamega Tickets show up. Basically, they planned on giving us DLC Missions.

Amherst_Wind
Sep 20, 2010, 05:39 PM
Actually, ironically, the fact that they have been translated the way they have indicates they won't likely be giving the download missions... the Gemaga Tickets wouldn't have been translated as Gemaga if they were ever going to be used, they would have been rebranded like the pizza hut items, as there is no way the English version of the mission would be a collaboration with a Japanese brand.

Izuna
Sep 20, 2010, 05:44 PM
I disagree, they would never hope to put enough money to rebrand a DLC mission. Just like with the JPN version, many of the exclusive DLC Mission items were already on the Disc; people dumped the data and found Edel Fucil right at the beginning.

adonis565
Sep 20, 2010, 05:53 PM
izuna if its not to much trouble could you transfer my file from JP to NA. I asked volcompat on thursday but have not heard anything from him

Amherst_Wind
Sep 20, 2010, 06:08 PM
First, it would take a lot more money (if it were even possible) to keep the Gemaga collab in the English version, and second, it would have just been translated as "Exchange Ticket" or something along those lines if they ever planned to use it. The Toro and Kuro room decos were translated perfectly but the actual decoration was dummied out... they translate everything, then decide what they will keep in the game.

Izuna
Sep 20, 2010, 06:21 PM
izuna if its not to much trouble could you transfer my file from JP to NA. I asked volcompat on thursday but have not heard anything from him

It is actually illegal (not in that sense) to share your saves... do you understand what I'm trying to say?

BahnKnakyu
Sep 21, 2010, 05:52 AM
The Toro and Kuro room decos were translated perfectly but the actual decoration was dummied out... they translate everything, then decide what they will keep in the game.

Sounds like a waste of resources and money to me.

But then again, this is Sega of America, so I'm not surprised.

Mike
Sep 21, 2010, 06:05 AM
Sounds like a waste of resources and money to me.

But then again, this is Sega of America, so I'm not surprised.

They probably commissioned the translation before they had permision from Sony to use Toro and Kuro. That's the only reason I can think of.

Izuna
Sep 21, 2010, 11:30 AM
But then again, this is Sega of Japan, so I'm not surprised.

fixed