PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Beast/Hunter Abilities and Armor Modules?

•Col•
Sep 19, 2010, 11:50 PM
I was wondering what kind of Type Abilities and Armor Modules I should be going for as a Beast Hunter.... Im REALLY not sure which abilities I should be using..... As for armor modules, should I be equipping Accuracy boosting things...? Evasion? Yeah, I'm just really not sure... @_@

Any input would be appreciated....

Alexandria
Sep 19, 2010, 11:58 PM
ATA and ATP, as far as units go. ATA might be more important at lower levels.

reala728
Sep 20, 2010, 01:43 AM
personally i use all guard (and one visual just for kicks). beasts have low hp or def compared to others so i figure i should beef up one so im not totally worthless in peer parties

Retniwreven
Sep 20, 2010, 01:49 AM
Beasts have high evasion. Using more EVA units is a good idea. At A/S rank, evasion is more important than defense, I find. Completely ignoring attacks is far better than taking 10-20 less damage per hit of a 200-300 damage move.

Gokudera
Sep 20, 2010, 04:59 AM
I use,
Hp regen,
Hp+
Def+
(then i have i think 2 slots left over)
either Freeze block and Attack + or
... well yea freeze block and attack+
i dont get below half hp so adverse heart or whatever it is is kinda pointless.. (gives 50% def bonus when 35% hp or lower.)

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 20, 2010, 05:26 AM
I haven't made a beast yet, but I will let you know if I come up with anything that suits your tastes.

•Col•
Sep 20, 2010, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the answers everyone. Here's what Im planning for right now...

Abilities:
HP Restore(Restores 10% of max HP every 10 seconds) 2 points
EVA Boost(Boosts EVA by 20) 1 point
ACC Boost(Boosts ACC by 15) 1 point
Damage Resist(Cuts all damage received by 10%) 2 points
Freeze Protect 1 Point
Stun Protect 1 Point

Armor:
2 EVA boosting modules
1 ACC boosting module
1 Visual module

A question though.... Also, will I be needing the ACC boosting ability and armor module at high levels?

Gokudera
Sep 20, 2010, 02:29 PM
100 hp doesnt seem like alot, and i only have 1000.
when an enemy does 100 damage to me, it barely shows up on my health bar, and i just blow it off since i'll regen it in a short 10 seconds.
I wouldnt use HP high boost but if you want to guarentee you'll survive anything, sure why not.

Randomness
Sep 20, 2010, 02:58 PM
Some status units might be useful there, until/unless you can gain the immunities from type abilities.

Particularly stun and freeze immunity, since being unable to evade is a death sentence.

Lolitron
Sep 20, 2010, 03:46 PM
Prioritized from top to bottom:
Freeze/Stun/confuse/sleep/shock units/abilities
ATA units/abilities
PP Boosts/Saves
ATP units/ablities

•Col•
Sep 20, 2010, 06:03 PM
Yeah, ok, I ended up taking out the High HP Boost, and equipped Freeze and Stun Protect abilities instead.

Kurosu
Sep 21, 2010, 03:23 AM
The defense boosts are basically useless so skip those.
HP High Boost isn't all that useful for a hunter either, the amount it gives is insignificant in the long run.
If you want something to help with your defense, level Ranger to 4 and get the evasion boost.
The Roll PP save ability is good if you use that skill a lot.

HP Restore from Braver is really good, I almost always have this on. Once you have a decent amount of Evasion and blocking skills, it basically means you can do any free mission without using more than a few healing items, if any at all.

I don't use any of the weapon/damage boosting skills, since you just don't have enough slots and the bonus they give isn't significant enough to drop a slot on it.
If you really want one of those abilities, ATP High Boost is probably the best one.
According to the wiki, the other skills are % based on your weapon's damage, and unless you're using a big axe or sword with 1000+ damage, the former skill will most likely give more damage.
You're better off using the PP boost skills from Braver if you want to increase your damage output over time.

I always have EXP boost on, and once I level Hunter to 30 (4 more..), I'll swap it out to Rare Item Boost.
So my palette usually looks something like:

EXP Boost
HP Restore
Freeze Resist (getting frozen by bel pannon/ill gill etc usually means death)
Last slot as filler, usually something like EVA boost or Burst Bomber.

For units, I use 1 or 2 Feril/Legs, Anti Up on all my armours except one (so I can cast Deband with that one), andt Mirage Blast or the second Feril/Legs.
Last slot usually a resist unit for particular missions, or Feril/Hit if needed.