PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 The Good Ol How Do's ?

Apocalypze
Sep 20, 2010, 11:30 AM
Sup brotha's & sistas ive seen many of you's post screen shots of there characters an certain screen shots. Im kinda just a lil curious on how thats done through the PSP or is there a certain button combo you gota do to take screen shots. Probably a real dumb question but hell I always appreciate the help regardless.

PSP2 - Ranger lvl 33 Genocide
Hunter lvl 15 Apocalypse

......send me an invite if your down for a hootin good time or somethin like that

Mystic_Nessly
Sep 20, 2010, 03:25 PM
Well, many of the pictures are probably from the PC version, Phantasy Star Universe, as that is the only one so far that supports in-game screenshots. If they are shots of the PSP version, they they are either frames of a video they recorded or they are using homebrew (requires special firmware) on their PSP to record video or take snapshots.

To record video (without homebrew) you need:
-PSP 2000 model or any model after
-a video out adapter (Sony sells these) [YOU NEED ONE COMPATIBLE w/ your MODEL) (EX: http://www.amazon.com/PSP-Component-AV-Cable-Sony/dp/B000VIPJ0W/ref=sr_1_3?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285014214&sr=8-3)
-capture device to receive video/audio from the PSP adapter (EX: EZcap, Dazzle, Hauppauge HD-PVR)

The capture device can then be connected to the PC and recieve video/audio signals. Once you have the video on your PC, you can then take frames/stills of any part of the video and treat those as "screenshots."

Otherwise, grab a physical picture/video camera and snap! (quality isn't as good compared to homebrew/capture device method, however).

I hope that helps. Let me know if you need further clarification.