PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Sep. 24 Update: Parum GBR

DuRaL
Sep 20, 2010, 04:53 PM
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=345196

The GUARDIANS Boost Road has returned! For a limited time, the Boost Road will give players a special bonus for playing all ranks of a specific set of missions. GUARDIANS will be able to run the following missions on Parum for increased bonuses:

* Train Rescue
* Endrum Remnants
* The Dual Sentinel
* Duel in the Ruins

Check out the counter on the 4th floor of Clyez City for more details!

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_quests.php?item=20100924a

---

the complaining about how bad this update is may begin! ;)

Powder Keg
Sep 20, 2010, 04:58 PM
Bout fucking time.

I like how the length of it isn't listed. It's probably so it can run longer than planned to avoid faster content updates.

Ishia
Sep 20, 2010, 05:32 PM
Some of us have been complaining about the GBR for months prior.

NiceOnes
Sep 20, 2010, 06:03 PM
Love Inferno's all around!

MillyB
Sep 20, 2010, 06:45 PM
Ya a shity GBR! I go play JP Servers till we get something good.

FOkyasuta
Sep 20, 2010, 06:50 PM
Bout fucking time.

Could Have Say'd It Better My Self. But Come On... Only Whips? Lame.

Powder Keg
Sep 20, 2010, 08:11 PM
Could Have Say'd It Better My Self. But Come On... Only Whips? Lame.

Yeah, I'm not super excited about it, but we just need to move forward with these updates.

FOkyasuta
Sep 20, 2010, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I'm not super excited about it, but we just need to move forward with these updates.

Exactly.

bupjo
Sep 20, 2010, 09:04 PM
cool i guess. just wanted to see what we might be getting this week before i cancel my subscription to PSU. it's been great but, having a lot of fun with phantasy star portable 2... and i think i am finally fed up with being spoon fed new content and updates. cool for those that have been waiting for this, but i never really cared for GBRs past one day...but it's been a blast! 2006-2010

DragonForce
Sep 21, 2010, 03:56 AM
Jesus christ five weeks?!? *facepalm*

Ishia
Sep 21, 2010, 05:15 AM
Jesus christ five weeks?!? *facepalm*

Five weeks, meaning; five more weeks of nothing, with an additional 2-3 weeks after the GBR is over until we get the next /R mission.

NiceOnes
Sep 21, 2010, 09:56 AM
You guys are soooooo primadonna! Nothing is ever good enough.. Sega and this game is never going to be what you expect it to be!

Four new S3 missions and you're all still complaining!

They could launch PSU2 and you'd find something to b!tch about!

I'm sick of it. Sand pumping PRIMADONNAS!

Argh.

MillyB
Sep 21, 2010, 10:10 AM
You guys are soooooo primadonna! Nothing is ever good enough.. Sega and this game is never going to be what you expect it to be!

Argh.
3weeks of nothing and then o no a GBR I myself do not mind playing the gbr itself but cmon your are crazy not to complain about 5 weeks of that crap.

NiceOnes
Sep 21, 2010, 10:55 AM
3weeks of nothing and then o no a GBR I myself do not mind playing the gbr itself but cmon your are crazy not to complain about 5 weeks of that crap.

You would think that we'd all just be used to it by now though! Five weeks with a GBR is better than the 5 weeks without anything I was expecting. It's not that I'm not disappointed however I think maybe I've just become numb to it all.

Dealbreaker
Sep 21, 2010, 11:35 AM
Poor poor niceones lol

You are diehard buddy :)

This is a bad update but it wont really effect me. I canceled and my last day is the last day of this month. Good luck to all of you.......

Hiero_Glyph
Sep 21, 2010, 11:48 AM

Argh.

Compare it to Japan's GBR for the same event... http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2300311#post2300311

Their event lasted 4 weeks and they got it just 6 weeks after the Supplemental update was released on March 26, 2009. By comparison we got our Supplemental update on July 20, 2010 and will get the same event 9.5 weeks later. It's not like we are getting any special treatment and we continue to fall farther behind despite Ruby's claims.

DragonForce
Sep 21, 2010, 03:02 PM
You guys have to remember that this stupid GBR is over a month long. Yer paying $10 or more for a lame GBR, with the potential of not getting another update for two or three weeks after that and you're content with that???

All this game is to me now is a faster way of communicating with my friends. It's like paying $10 a month for a texting service. xD

SolomonGrundy
Sep 21, 2010, 03:11 PM
Five weeks, meaning; five more weeks of nothing, with an additional 2-3 weeks after the GBR is over until we get the next /R mission.

that sucks ass

EDIT: does this mean these missions will get S3, or enemy level update where applicable?

Powder Keg
Sep 21, 2010, 07:34 PM
that sucks ass

EDIT: does this mean these missions will get S3, or enemy level update where applicable?

Yes, all four missions of the Guardians boost road will be getting S3. However for whatever reason, Dual Sentinel and Duel in the Ruins only have 145 enemies instead of 150...with the exception of Ragnus in Duel in the Ruins.

http://psupedia.info/Main_Page ( You can check the charts right under upcoming on the right side)

Hiero_Glyph
Sep 21, 2010, 07:43 PM
Yes, all four missions of the Guardians boost road will be getting S3. However for whatever reason, Dual Sentinel and Duel in the Ruins only have 145 enemies instead of 150...with the exception of Ragnus in Duel in the Ruins.

http://psupedia.info/Main_Page ( You can check the charts right under upcoming on the right side)

IIRC, other than events it will be a while before we get 150+ enemies in missions. I know that there is an enemy rebalance coming but that could be quite a while for our servers. Heck, it took SEGA almost 18 months from when Japan got them to simply rebalance the GUARDIAN's types and Photon Arts for our servers. PSU = easy mode.

XbikXBd
Sep 21, 2010, 09:01 PM

Argh.

This and Air high five man speak the truth

Ishia
Sep 21, 2010, 09:15 PM
Why do you praise SEGA for sub-par performance?

"Oh, but we are getting S3 missions!"

Yeah, S3 missions that are not as good as most AOTI S2 missions. A 1.5 year gap in content that slowly gets wider?

You guys are incredibly naive. (Better, Ryna?)

XbikXBd
Sep 21, 2010, 10:27 PM

Yeah, S3 missions that are not as good as most AOTI S2 missions. A 1.5 year gap in content that slowly gets wider?

lol i still love the naive comments from someone who quit for halo i dont see ur logic
and also i love the Mod retouch^^b

Psu5675
Sep 21, 2010, 10:32 PM
You guys have to remember that this stupid GBR is over a month long. Yer paying $10 or more for a lame GBR, with the potential of not getting another update for two or three weeks after that and you're content with that???

All this game is to me now is a faster way of communicating with my friends. It's like paying $10 a month for a texting service. xD

$10 a month for a texting service true

a texting service be cheaper

Psu5675
Sep 21, 2010, 10:35 PM

they praise SEGA because your work for them lol

Ishia
Sep 22, 2010, 05:15 AM
lol i still love the naive comments from someone who quit for halo i dont see ur logic
and also i love the Mod retouch^^b

What the hell are you talking about? I NEVER said I quit PSU for Halo. In fact, I haven't even TOUCHED my Xbox since late-August.

And do you even know what naive means?

Vickie
Sep 22, 2010, 09:27 AM
ok so what are we working with here during this GBR (rare Itemwise)

desturel
Sep 22, 2010, 10:38 AM
ok so what are we working with here during this GBR (rare Itemwise)

Love Inferno
Lumira / HP Restore (easier to get it in Endrum than in Desert Goliath IMO)
Gudda Igga (easier in Endrum than having to hunt down 5 other people for Stolen Weapon)
Elsralac
Ragan-Ragan
Vijerina / Hit

So other than Love Inferno and a steep price drop on Lumira / HP Restore, Ano Relic, and De Ragnus Dorso, not much is going to change. I'm pretty sure after everyone hits 50%, it's going to be mostly Duel in the Ruins speed runs (3~5 minute runs) so Ano Relic and Lumira/HP restore will rebound in price after the first few weeks.

For me, I'll probably do Train Rescue to get a set of the new whip and Love Infernos so I can finally make a 10/10.

MillyB
Sep 22, 2010, 11:37 AM
Love Inferno
Lumira / HP Restore (easier to get it in Endrum than in Desert Goliath IMO)
Gudda Igga (easier in Endrum than having to hunt down 5 other people for Stolen Weapon)
Elsralac
Ragan-Ragan
Vijerina / Hit

So other than Love Inferno and a steep price drop on Lumira / HP Restore, Ano Relic, and De Ragnus Dorso, not much is going to change. I'm pretty sure after everyone hits 50%, it's going to be mostly Duel in the Ruins speed runs (3~5 minute runs) so Ano Relic and Lumira/HP restore will rebound in price after the first few weeks.

For me, I'll probably do Train Rescue to get a set of the new whip and Love Infernos so I can finally make a 10/10.
Hate to be the one to break it to you but the drop rate on Love Inferno on that mission is a joke XD

TRIBAL ARTS
Sep 22, 2010, 12:30 PM
Hate to be the one to break it to you but the drop rate on Love Inferno on that mission is a joke XD

Joke in the sense that they drop like candy?

MillyB
Sep 22, 2010, 12:38 PM
Joke in the sense that they drop like candy?

Joke as in the sense they drop like Red Line [b]

SolomonGrundy
Sep 22, 2010, 12:39 PM
Vijerina / Hit

finally. a reason a beast fortefighter to wear S rank armor.

MillyB
Sep 22, 2010, 12:43 PM
Vijerina / Hit

You are funny XD. But ya Vijerina / Hit has been out for some time now.

SolomonGrundy
Sep 22, 2010, 01:06 PM
You are funny XD. But ya Vijerina / Hit has been out for some time now.

where?

desturel
Sep 22, 2010, 01:23 PM

I ran Train Rescue until I got a Cubo Musrana back before AotI came out, so I'm well aware of horrible drop rates. As it is right now, however, I only got 4 Love Inferno from the Jaggo. One made it to 9/9. Two were 6/6 and one was 8/8. I'm more than willing to take my chances on Train Rescue hunting instead of waiting for the White Day Jaggo.

Vickie
Sep 23, 2010, 12:23 PM
got me a little confused "Love Infernos?", are they just randomly adding "Jaggo Amure?"
Gudda Igga, might be worth running for i think

Vickie
Sep 23, 2010, 12:25 PM
Vijerina / Hit

now that was funny

Mizumi323
Sep 23, 2010, 03:07 PM
got me a little confused "Love Infernos?", are they just randomly adding "Jaggo Amure?"

I'm guessing since the Love Inferno is a GRM weapon and not a Kubara, one of the mobs in that mission drops GRM laser cannons of different rarities based on LV.

desturel
Sep 23, 2010, 03:18 PM

Nope, it's in the end boxes. Remember Love Inferno are the GRM official 12* not a creature kubara weapon.

IIRC, there are seven Grinna Bete S in Endrum Remnants, so as long as the drop rate is similar to Stolen Weapon, the market should be flooded with 7 and 8% Igga for you.

Vickie
Sep 23, 2010, 05:43 PM
Nope, it's in the end boxes. Remember Love Inferno are the GRM official 12* not a creature kubara weapon.

IIRC, there are seven Grinna Bete S in Endrum Remnants, so as long as the drop rate is similar to Stolen Weapon, the market should be flooded with 7 and 8% Igga for you.

I mean i know the cannon is GRM but SEGA made it seem like its some "JAGGO AMURE" only drop ya know same like the Loveheart Line? its Grm Only drops by them, Then again i guess they couldnt just put the Kubara Logo on a Line Shield probably too dufficult, anyway tho so the Gudda Igga will drop made with a 30% cap?

bloodflowers
Sep 23, 2010, 06:01 PM
PSU = easy mode.

It'll need more than that token rebalance Japan got to deactivate easy mode. The game is currently incomprehensibly easy, they may make a couple of monsters slightly harder to kill, but we aren't maxed out on GAS upgrades yet. I'm already leaving NPCs in open parties to restrict it to 4 players, or people are just scrabbling for tags and it actually slows the mission down having that happen.

It's a sad day when what should be one of the toughest missions in the game is dismantled by a solo support class:
http://psu.system11.org/blog/wp-content/gallery/personalduo-ta/se_s2_at_12.jpg

I know I can speed that up a bit more even before we get more upgrades.

This GBR is pathetic, it's a poor update and it will last (as usual) way too long because Sonic Team love using GBRs to slow down updates - a nice big block of time where they have to do jack shit while the population gets bored of it in 3 days. The missions are under-levelled, plain and simple - there's nothing for maxed out players here at all.

Vickie
Sep 23, 2010, 06:49 PM
so gerard line is gonna drop I THINK thats the line shield with the cool blocking effect i made a topic about some time ago.

BIG OLAF
Sep 23, 2010, 08:12 PM
This GBR is pathetic, it's a poor update and it will last (as usual) way too long because Sonic Team love using GBRs to slow down updates - a nice big block of time where they have to do jack shit while the population gets bored of it in 3 days. The missions are under-levelled, plain and simple - there's nothing for maxed out players here at all.

Yup, that's exactly why I'll just keep on playing PSP2 until I have a reason to put PSU into my Xbox's disc tray again*. There's absolutely nothing of interest for endgame-level characters in the new S3s, so I'm not even going to bother checking them out.

*Since we all know the GBR is lasting over a month, that obviously won't be anytime soon.

Powder Keg
Sep 23, 2010, 08:20 PM
5 weeks is an obvious strategy to get lazy with faster content updates....I don't care if the JP server's GBR lasted the same amount of time....they also had Citadel of Sand with their Moatoob GBR. There's no reason for it to last this long. I'll apologize if we actually get an update in between....which can only be Sacred Stream/R I believe. After that should be Absolute Zero, and it's looking like late November/Early December, which is disgusting.

BIG OLAF
Sep 23, 2010, 08:23 PM
After that should be Absolute Zero, and it's looking like late November/Early December, which is disgusting.

You mean, the fact that it's going to take us that long to get it is disgusting? If so, I agree. As stupidly funny as it sounds, I was hoping for Absolute Zero to be here early September.

Sacred Stream/R might be worth playing, but only for about a day or two (or however long it takes me to get the new stuff from it). I don't think I'll be sitting down and doing any serious PSUing until Absolute Zero. So....November at the earliest.

Overlord Zenon
Sep 23, 2010, 11:57 PM
well, better then nothing, i can finally get some levels i guess, i dont blame sega, just the skeleton crew left on the game

SolomonGrundy
Sep 24, 2010, 01:35 AM

which will be worthless. you can get a 33% from Bruce.

Ishia
Sep 24, 2010, 05:11 AM
well, better then nothing, i can finally get some levels i guess, i dont blame sega, just the skeleton crew left on the game

Oh you, implying that its SoA's shortage of staff as the source of the problem.

desturel
Sep 24, 2010, 09:55 AM
anyway tho so the Gudda Igga will drop made with a 30% cap?

Gudda Igga should drop up to 50%. It's a single element weapons (lightning only) so like other single element weapon drops, it doesn't have the 30% cap.

which will be worthless. you can get a 33% from Bruce.

Again, it's only one element so it will drop at more than 30%.

desturel
Sep 24, 2010, 09:59 AM
It's a sad day when what should be one of the toughest missions in the game is dismantled by a solo support class:

Seed Express is hardly "one of the toughest missions" in the game. Heck, we had a thread about a month ago where numerous people were stating that it was easier and faster than White Beast.

SolomonGrundy
Sep 24, 2010, 02:15 PM
Seed Express is not easier than white beast. Faster? Maybe,... but not easier.

Boss fight? White beast easier
Enemies? White beast - no megids
Element? White beast (all enemies light)
Random? SEED Express (no freeze traps to dodge, etc)

desturel
Sep 24, 2010, 02:32 PM

So you missed this thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180102) eh?

SolomonGrundy
Sep 24, 2010, 02:44 PM
I saw it. that thread (to me) was about the total worth of each mission, not JUST the easy factor. if you only consider how easy the mission is, I think white beast wins.

good thread though

JMech
Sep 25, 2010, 10:49 AM
Hey people, since this is my first GBR i was wondering how do you check your total points?

RANGER 01
Sep 25, 2010, 11:05 AM
Hey people, since this is my first GBR i was wondering how do you check your total points?

G colony 4th floor, talk to the lady behind the counter in between the linear line platform and space dock.

JMech
Sep 25, 2010, 11:09 AM
Thanks for that.

RANGER 01
Sep 25, 2010, 11:10 AM

Boss fight? White beast easier
Enemies? White beast - no megids
Element? White beast (all enemies light)
Random? SEED Express (no freeze traps to dodge, etc)

i think the enemies are harder in white beast honestly. megid is nothing, especially if you have a vijeri resist, but those kakwanes knock me around like no one's business.

XbikXBd
Sep 25, 2010, 01:20 PM
i think the enemies are harder in white beast honestly. megid is nothing, especially if you have a vijeri resist, but those kakwanes knock me around like no one's business.

Yah Vijeri resist lol at that
Kakwanes are lol

RANGER 01
Sep 25, 2010, 04:24 PM
Yah Vijeri resist lol at that
Kakwanes are lol

even without one i almost never die by megid and deljaban's are easier to kill than kakwane's.

pikachief
Sep 26, 2010, 11:04 AM
For the sake of u guys I hope u get Absolute Zero as soon as possible.

For my own sake I hope u get it in Late December/January cuz that's when I'll be home for a month to play!! lol XD

SolomonGrundy
Sep 26, 2010, 10:53 PM
ran these a few times yesterday with my crew. Mostly dissappointing.

Kubara s rank crossbow that has worse ATP than a 9*
145 level boss.
Endrum was easier, but just as long / painful as I remembered. The only good drop there is the rare enemy set? greeeeat...

S3 deragnus boss rush is fun, at least.