PDA

View Full Version : Dancing Birds: Officially Broken?

alphafemale81
Sep 27, 2010, 02:40 PM
Okay, I have read literally everything on the forums about the mission Dancing Birds. Some people claim it is broken, while others still say it works, but the rare maps are very, very rare. I usually play alone, so I really don't have the option of grouping up (at least not without spamming myself around for hours...plus, while GBR is in effect, nobody goes anywhere else, besides Parum, right now).

Is there an official word from Sega about this? Is the Dancing Birds mission really broken, and not worth wasting time on? It's just bothering me that I've played it through about 300 times, and never had a Gugg spawn once. It's seriously frustrating. It seems like the rare map spawns about as often as rare free missions, if at all.

Can anyone verify this for me? I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

TheAstarion
Sep 27, 2010, 06:39 PM
All the times I've run that mission, I've never seen the rare map.

Took until Sakura Warpath was released during the first Neudaiz GBR for the majority of players to even see an Igg, me included. Before that, the Amore Tip board went for over a stack; it was one of the only things worth that much back then.

Dancing Birds is useful mainly for /quick units (and har/smart on S2) from the end boxes, confusion streams for Reverser parties, and a "guaranteed" Gugg if you're hunting his stuff. And coincidentally I've had more rare mission messages from Dancing Birds than just about any other mission! I sort of gave up on finding an Igg in there a long while ago, and it's just a persistent empty hope that something pink will happen at the end.

desturel
Sep 27, 2010, 06:46 PM
I've played it through about 300 times, and never had a Gugg spawn once.

That would truly be broken since Rappy Gugg are the yellow ones. As for Rappy Igg, I've gotten then a few times. They just have a really low spawn rate. About the same rate as Bil de Melan in Citadel of Sand. Just run it on C if you're worried about the amount of time it's taking. Stock up on Me / Quick and sell those for profit while you do the run.

alphafemale81
Sep 27, 2010, 09:38 PM
All the times I've run that mission, I've never seen the rare map.

Took until Sakura Warpath was released during the first Neudaiz GBR for the majority of players to even see an Igg, me included. Before that, the Amore Tip board went for over a stack; it was one of the only things worth that much back then.

Dancing Birds is useful mainly for /quick units (and har/smart on S2) from the end boxes, confusion streams for Reverser parties, and a "guaranteed" Gugg if you're hunting his stuff. And coincidentally I've had more rare mission messages from Dancing Birds than just about any other mission! I sort of gave up on finding an Igg in there a long while ago, and it's just a persistent empty hope that something pink will happen at the end.

Ok, cool. I appreciate your response, because I was starting to think I was crazy for repeating the mission, not knowing for certain if it was broken. Maybe people just assume it's broken, because of how infrequently the Igg shows up. I would be inclined to assume the same thing, but I wanted to first check and see if anyone had actually gotten the rare map recently. It sucks that the Igg spawns so much more often in the co-op mission. I guess it's one way to keep rare items truly rare. For sure, Igg crowns are suuuuuper rare in player stores, and silly expensive. I just thought, after so many times of doing it, that eventually my number would come up. Maybe I should abandon trying for it, for now.

But I hate Train Rescue---probably one reason I've been breaking up the most recent event with Igg hunting. It totally bums me out that this GBR involves that stupid mission (sorry...a little random, but I had to vent). :rant:

alphafemale81
Sep 27, 2010, 09:41 PM
That would truly be broken since Rappy Gugg are the yellow ones. As for Rappy Igg, I've gotten then a few times. They just have a really low spawn rate. About the same rate as Bil de Melan in Citadel of Sand. Just run it on C if you're worried about the amount of time it's taking. Stock up on Me / Quick and sell those for profit while you do the run.

Sorry, dude, you're right... I meant to say the Igg (it's the pink one that never spawns for me).

DragonForce
Sep 30, 2010, 08:01 AM
I remember running that place in the GBR there before and never getting the rare map. Then not long ago, me and a friend ran a C run and we got the Igg.

voodlar
Sep 30, 2010, 03:38 PM
I don't play anymore but man I still remember running this map 1000's of times. We figured it out and did nail Igg crown. I posted on this once before but here is a quick summary.

PSUPedia had things switched (they still might). Right info - but wrong pic. for configs A and C. Following that advice may totally wipe out 2 of the 3 configs ever leading to a rare. And config B is only a chance due to nonrare identical.

I would run it on C and abandon all maps except the one that starts with the cut off top. When you reveal the top, a fat NW path is there. I believe you need purple Kudtobs in both blocks , then you're golden.

You can try the maps with the NE path but they have a non-rare identical map (even with correct spawns == rappies and 2 kaks across bridge and 4 kaks in next big room). So you only have slight chance of that one being rare. (I did find it rare a few times.)

Abandon the skinny NW path board that you can see right at start because I don't believe there is a rare map for that configuration. Never saw once - and I really did approach 1000 runs if not more. Fact is, we counted 4 maps for this config - all non rare leaving no room for a rare.

Only run the cut-off top fat NW path. You'll get it eventually. Hope this helps ya.

Darklighter
Oct 1, 2010, 08:51 AM
I am never touching this map again. I ran the damn thing for a year and never saw an Igg.