PDA

View Full Version : Synthesizing

oG Epik
Oct 7, 2010, 01:17 PM
I need help so i have all other materials i need to make a nightwalker and i want it to have really high dark element how do i do that cause on photons its says ???

ashley50
Oct 7, 2010, 01:19 PM
Put Megi-Photons on the "???".

To get them, you either farm/hunt or buy them from player shops.

oG Epik
Oct 7, 2010, 01:22 PM
well ok i have 45 megi-photons how do i use them for the syn. just store em in the bot and it will use them or what?

ashley50
Oct 7, 2010, 01:25 PM
well ok i have 45 megi-photons how do i use them for the syn. just store em in the bot and it will use them or what?

select "???" and choose megi-photons, and put the rest of the materials required and start the synthing process.

oG Epik
Oct 7, 2010, 01:26 PM
how mant megi-photons do i need for 50% dark or what ever is the highest

ashley50
Oct 7, 2010, 01:31 PM
The % will vary from 10% to 50%. In other words, KEEP TRYING/SYNTHING till you get a 50%.

oG Epik
Oct 7, 2010, 01:32 PM
wtf?!?! so no matter how many photons i use it wont matter

Tetsaru
Oct 7, 2010, 01:35 PM
(lol Ashley pretty much ninja'd me)

Anything that you use for synthing, save for the boards, will need to be stored in your PM, so yes, just put your Megi-Photons in your PM's storage. The board for the item you're synthing will need to be in YOUR inventory and then inserted into your PM (there should be an "insert board" or similar option under "Synthesize"). If you insert a board, you can't take it out later, so keep that in mind.

The number of photons used for the synthesis depends on the weapon. For a Nightwalker board, you need 10 photons per synthesis, though the board itself can be used 3 times. Keep in mind, the elemental % that comes out if the synthesis is successful is random between 10% and 50%; there is no sure-fire way to give it a high %. So no, you can't add however many you want, it's always a fixed amount determined by the board itself. You'll have to keep synthing multiple times until you get a % you like.

See why I said a while back that you probably shouldn't get into synthing unless you already had a substantial amount of funds?

oG Epik
Oct 7, 2010, 01:38 PM
well im not poor now i have like 500k(not poor to me) and like 2-3m in weps i think

Tetsaru
Oct 7, 2010, 01:48 PM
Just curious, have you made a "pure" striking PM beforehand? As in feeding it so that it has Lv100 towards striking and no levels in everything else? If you haven't, you probably shouldn't be synthing that Nightwalker in the first place, unless you want to take a gamble with lower success rates. Also, if you haven't leveled your PM, it'll probably take a good chunk of that 500K buying the proper items to level it up properly... or a Zero device to reset it should you mess up and want to start over again.

oG Epik
Oct 7, 2010, 01:50 PM
im making a range 1 its like lvl 24 i think

Tetsaru
Oct 7, 2010, 01:58 PM
Well, I hate to break it to you, but that PM's only gonna be good at making gun/ranged weapons... and the Nightwalker is a striking weapon. ^^;

But don't fret! If you haven't messed with your other 3 character slots, a wise thing to do would be to go ahead and make a character of each other race that you haven't chosen yet (just in case you decide to raise another character later on), and then make a striking PM on one of them, a TECH PM on another, and an armor PM on the last so you can effectively synth whatever you want.

oG Epik
Oct 7, 2010, 07:57 PM
whats the fastest way to get a melee 1 lvled?

Tetsaru
Oct 7, 2010, 09:02 PM
whats the fastest way to get a melee 1 lvled?

Hrrrm... well, for starters, if you have a bunch of Omega Acids, you can trade them to an NPC on Parum for Grolls (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/14/2988/pm_fighgroll/) (there's one for each type of PM you want to make, btw), but it may be easier in the long run to buy some cheap melee weapons to feed it instead. I think Sol Atomizers and Tear of Light's also work pretty well, but if I recall, they also raise other stats to a lesser extent, so you have to also use other items that lower the other stats to prevent them from leveling, and I can't remember off the top of my head what they are... could've sworn they were techer weapons, though. You're probably better off consulting a guide or asking someone else about that. ^^;

Also, (again if memory serves me right; there might be easier ways now) if you want to make a ranged PM, I believe EX Traps were the best cost vs. performance item to get. For tech PM's, Jellen PA discs worked well, and for armor PM's, Kouze Shoes (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/8/2544/kouze_shoes/) from the clothing shops were really good.

Just keep in mind: if the item you feed your PM raises more than one stat, you'll need to feed it another item that will lower the unwanted stat before its bar fills up and gains a level. Although it isn't necessary to have a "pure" PM of each type, it IS the most beneficial if you want to be able to effectively synth any rare weapon/armor boards you may find. Or, you could just be lazy and have a friend synth the item for you, provided you still have the board and the materials needed to make it, and you trust your friend, lol. OR, you could not synth anything at all, sell most of the rare items you don't need, and have money to spend towards player shops that may or may not have what you want.

Regardless of what you do, just keep in mind there's always an element of random bullshit luck involved with synthing (as well as grinding, but that's an entirely different story). Some people have failed Psycho Wands and Agito Repcas at a 99% success rate (and ragequit :wacko: ), while some who intentionally try to fail their synthesis items by using the wrong PM's to make certain materials instead (used to be a trick you could do with certain boards that were fairly common to get rare 13* metals like Paural) actually end up making the item they wanted to fail. I actually remember making a few Kubara clone swords on my pure ranged PM with only a 4% success rate using this method, when I was trying to end up with Catiliums to use for other synths instead, lol.