View Full Version : Humulas Tips

Pso-Pepsi
Oct 10, 2010, 07:47 PM
Hey I cannot defeat humulas on ps0.

Can I have some tips?

THANKS!!

Seth Astra
Oct 10, 2010, 08:13 PM
Give more details. As in, race, class, difficulty, etc.

Chaos Rappy
Oct 10, 2010, 08:18 PM
Keep behind his legs, and he shouldn't be able to hit you when he's in his giant-mech form. DO NOT ATTACK HIM UNTIL HE IS VULNERABLE, AKA when he's attacking while you're behind him. After he's done shooting his lasers, get a little distance away, so as to avoid his AoE ground-punch attack, then he'll zip backwards a bit; continue the chase-and-dodge until he splits up into Chaos and Mobius. This is pretty much just a game of dodge-and-seek, since the Chaos and Mobiushe splits into are completely invincible, but still use the same moves as regular C&M from Paru, only instead of drilling, Mobius will try to disappear and then reappear near you, and then try flying into you for some damage. Just wait for him to reappear, and then dodgeroll away to avoid damage. Chaos you should know kinda well from Paru, as you may have been hit by him quite a bit in the past, so keep at it until he reforms. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a PA/Tech charged for him when he reforms, so as to hit him while he's vulnerable after reforming.

At some point, he may use an attack that lights up floor panels that have been stepped on, perhaps (I can't recall if he does this on Normal or not, he probably does). If he does this, try to avoid stepping on a nearby panel, but stand NEAR it, so that when the ones that hve been stepped on light up and flash, you can step on the regular blue ones and avoid taking massive damage.

That's about all you need to know for Normal Humilias. On Hard/SH, he gets a newer floor-tile move that randomly lights up floor panels in a non-patterned way that will make them all go off in the same order. Only way to really dodge it is to stand on one that'll go off later and dodgeroll onto one that already lit up earlier and isn't still lit. Other than that, he shouldn't be a problem... but he's still by far the toughest boss on Hard/SH because of that last move being nearly unavoidable.

pkrockin
Oct 10, 2010, 08:21 PM
Always stay under him while he moves. Get behind him after he slows to a stop. Circle with him to stay behind him as he rotates to fire his beam weapons. Use a ranged weapon or PA or Zonde to to stay out of range of his crush attacks while you attack him.

Run the perimeter of the arena when he splits in 2. Do your best to stay under/behind AND avoid hazard floors when he uses the freezing/burning floor attack.

Basically, you want to avoid damage all the time and attack with whatever ranged attack will hit the hardest whenever he stops firing at you. You can melee him if you're careful, but it's easier to just back off and use a ranged PA or Zonde.

Pso-Pepsi
Oct 11, 2010, 07:45 AM
Im a HUmar lv 72

Seth Astra
Oct 11, 2010, 08:00 AM
Then, according to a guide I read, a claw with serpent air can deal major damage. Just stand between his legs and fire it off. Kinda dangerours, but you'll kill him quick.

FOmarman
Oct 11, 2010, 09:09 AM
:-o No offense but unless its on hard diffuctly you should be able to defeat him before he says "mother trinty".

Pso-Pepsi
Oct 11, 2010, 05:09 PM
Oh, yeah I just defeated him from all of your tips all of you THANK YOU sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuuch!!!

Chevve
Oct 11, 2010, 05:38 PM
Humilias still humiliates me and my level 80+ characters. :(

PSZFann
Oct 11, 2010, 10:40 PM
haha ya i hate him 2