PDA

View Full Version : Lvl 42 Cast Has question.

kicker089
Oct 11, 2010, 05:56 AM
Ok I wanted to seek the advice of some veteran PSU players. Ive had this game for about a week and am a lvl 42 Cast. I have S Rank Armor and SUV etc

Storm Line
Paradi Cataract
Orpa/ Power Charge

I was wondering what would be a good S rank add on for my Head slot and Body slot as i dont have anything to put in there.

Please and Thanks
Tyler

Karen Erra
Oct 11, 2010, 06:10 AM
As CAST you usually suffer from a lack of MST. So I would recommend you a ../Mind Unit.

Possibly good would be

Sori/Mind (+75MST) (though this isnt a S unit)
Orpa/Mind (+100MST)
Hizeri/Mind (+140MST)

Best would be Hizeri/Mind so, but I don't know the prices on XBOX Servers and don't know if you can afford it.

For a body slot you could use Cati or Vijerina/Rainbow which boosts the elemental % of your line shield. I rather recommend this if you have a set of your line shield, so you can change the shield depending on what enemies you fight.
Besides the Rainbow units, Orpad/Guard would boost your DFP +120; Or you use resist units which prevent you from status effects like stun/freeze/sleep etc...

Hope i was able to help you :)

SolomonGrundy
Oct 11, 2010, 10:42 AM
kicker, I would also suggest doing some of the GAS missions...there are much better SUVs available now.

:-)

bloodflowers
Oct 11, 2010, 11:15 AM
Body slot is for resists. No amount of /Guard /Legs /Rainbow are going to save you when you get put to sleep, frozen, or stunned - all of which are common statuses in the currently popular set of missions. Not only are they the best thing you can use in virtually every situation, but they're also cheap - enjoy.

Ben Tenison
Oct 11, 2010, 12:54 PM
Also, what is your Type? Depending on your type I would recommend ditching the Orpa / Power charge and replacing it with a PP / Skill Save. While you will lose about 120 atp i think? you will be able to use your PAs more due to the decrease in PP required to execute them. If your gunning, a PP/ Bullet save might be better, though depending on your weapon it may be better to keep your Orpa / Power Charge.

Body slot is for resists. No amount of /Guard /Legs /Rainbow are going to save you when you get put to sleep, frozen, or stunned - all of which are common statuses in the currently popular set of missions. Not only are they the best thing you can use in virtually every situation, but they're also cheap - enjoy.

Yes it is a good idea to keep a supply of resists on you for any given situation.

kicker089
Oct 11, 2010, 01:11 PM
I am a level 6 Fighgunner. I do get put to sleep alot as I run White Beast but its getting old. Where are the GAS missions? Being a 46 now am i high enough to do a decent run thru? Also for resist do i search item say sleep resist?

SolomonGrundy
Oct 11, 2010, 01:41 PM

Just one sub-point Cati rainbow + high % fire armor ends up saving my bacon more than a burn resist.

Things that tend to get you killed;

Fire vanda orga with swords (twin fireball, or multiple with fire breath)
Triple fireball from buffed varha, especially GAS - no body slot possible there :-/
Certain seed forms throw triple fireball

I am a level 6 Fighgunner. I do get put to sleep alot as I run White Beast but its getting old. Where are the GAS missions? Being a 46 now am i high enough to do a decent run thru? Also for resist do i search item say sleep resist?

GAS missions set you to level 20. You are ready to do them as soon as you hit class level 20

Tetsaru
Oct 11, 2010, 01:43 PM
For your Head Slot, it would depend on which class you're playing. For the most part, I would stick with a Hizeri/Mind, although it probably won't provide THAT much extra protection (DFP and MST stats are pretty much negligible stats compared to the % on your armor). However, if you play Acrofighter and use Range-MAG's, I would go with a Hizeri/Concentrate, since the slower casting penalty doesn't apply to Range-MAG's, unless they changed it. If you play a techer class, go with a Har/Quick or Har/Smart.

For your Arm Slot, anything that boosts ATP is good, although I would suggest a Lumirus/Kaos Knight. It gives the one of the highest boosts, but at the cost of 100 ATA, which as a CAST is usually negligible, especially if you play as a gunner.

For the Body Slot, try to get one of each /Resist unit, and then use whichever one is appropriate for the mission you're doing. Freeze/Resist, Stun/Resist, Sleep/Resist, and Vijeri/Resist are the most useful, since the other status effects can easily be cured by using an Antimate or Sol Atomizer. Otherwise, stick with a /Rainbow unit that gives you the biggest % increase to your armor. Looking at the item database, Vijeri/Rainbow would be the best one, although Cati/Rainbow, Guardless/Rainbow, and Legsless/Rainbow would also be good choices.

And of course, use an SUV unit for your Extra Slot. Paradi is great, although I think there's a new one called Ares Espada that does more damage. Some people like to carry multiple SUV's and switch them on the fly.

Also, the Storm Line is a great S rank armor, though you may want to look into getting something better down the line. A general rule of thumb is that anything with 4 slots that can be synthed to have high %'s is good, although for CASTs you can do without a Head Slot, unless you play something like Acrotecher. Some other good armors include Armas Line, Serafi-Senba, Rabol Yiel, Yiel Line, Green Green Line, and Rabol Orachio, to name a few. Be sure to check the item database to see which classes can equip them, and what other hidden perks/penalties they may have.

Finally, if you want to search for units in player shops (for example, Sleep/Resist), you'll need to type it "Sleep / Resist" (minus the quotation marks, but you'll need spaces around the slash). You can probably also just type "resist" and I think they'll show up.

Ben Tenison
Oct 12, 2010, 11:40 AM
Just one sub-point Cati rainbow + high % fire armor ends up saving my bacon more than a burn resist.

Ah but what do you do when you face light enemies or neutral with the sleep effect? Or what do you do with freeze? Keep multiple armors? Seems cheaper to have resists on hand, that is to say I'm not knocking your fire setup but its only one resistance.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 12, 2010, 03:16 PM
Ah but what do you do when you face light enemies or neutral with the sleep effect? Or what do you do with freeze? Keep multiple armors? Seems cheaper to have resists on hand, that is to say I'm not knocking your fire setup but its only one resistance.

I usually keep 2 or three armors on me, and go back to my room to switch if I change up the mission.

You'd be surprised at how often high % fire armor + cati rainbow (or legless rainbow) is the right choice. Citadel of sand - I only wear fire and light, Magasi plan - fire and dark, eastern peril - fire and light, Awoken serpent - fire, earth and ice (but mostly fire), Desert terror - fire and earth, Innocent Girl - Lightning for block 1, Fire the rest of the time

year sure, for white beast I wear light with sleep resist, and for moonlight beast I wear low % ice + freeze resist), but many of the missions I run have the "yikes, fire!!!" factpr

kissablepimp
Oct 12, 2010, 04:09 PM
Storm Line: The element you need the most for the mission you are doing
Hizeri / Mind: Good for your low MST
Lumirus / Kaos Knight: Gives you a great kick in you guns
Resist : Whichever you need the most in the mission you are doing
Paradi Cataract: Still love the hits and freeze Status
That is the same set up for my Cast Hope this helped you in anyway :)