PDA

View Full Version : PSU palette nazi

SolomonGrundy
Oct 11, 2010, 04:34 PM
Here's your change to brag, ro rail against elitist/elitism

what is you preference in terms of grind/elemental percent/a rank vs s rank

For instance - do you prefer a 50% a rank weapon over a lower percent S rank to maximize damage...OR, does the PP/ATA/look of S ranks weapons make you giddy

How about your gunners. Is killer elite the only gun for you, or do you prefer some other weapon for look/PP/etc. Do you have a killer shot set of rifles?

Techers...is 10/10 psycho wand the only weapon you will use? How about gaozoran rod+? Like or like...

ZER0 DX
Oct 11, 2010, 07:41 PM
Since I suck at making money, I use whatever I can afford at the time and then hope I can afford something more powerful in the future. I really don't care about %'s as long as I get to use a cool looking weapon. Having one past with a good attribute rate is just a cool bonus, but not necessary for me to use. I don't aim for perfection. The only S rank I had that ever got higher than 40% was a fire Double Agito on PC.

bloodflowers
Oct 11, 2010, 08:24 PM
You made an anti-elitism topic and then ask about peoples palettes in terms of 50%s and 10/10s? Am I missing something?

I suppose the only thing I have to say here, is that it's sad how many highly grinded low % S-rank weapons exist. Such and utter, utter waste of money and grinders. It's because people don't understand how elements are calculated.

Powder Keg
Oct 11, 2010, 09:12 PM
You made an anti-elitism topic and then ask about peoples palettes in terms of 50%s and 10/10s? Am I missing something?

I suppose the only thing I have to say here, is that it's sad how many highly grinded low % S-rank weapons exist. Such and utter, utter waste of money and grinders. It's because people don't understand how elements are calculated.

That, and how undervalued broken weapons are. I bought a 50% Ground Bil De Axe 6/6 for under 50 mil. Highway robbery, and I have my old PC weapon back. :D

On topic though, I typically go for the weapons with high PP...I focus on leveling PAs a lot, even when I'm playing in a party (I'll get too bored doing it solo) But if we're grinding for some rares in any mission, I'll bring the highest matching element %'s I have. I think grinds are mostly overrated....I'll take most of mine around 3-5...they break too often for me beyond that.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Oct 12, 2010, 02:52 AM
Hiya,

I used to go for purely GC contraptions in terms of weapons (playing JP PSU). I had a full pallette of Agito's 8/10 40% elements, same with twin falclaws. Also had lots of 40% 8/10 twin bearclaws, twin nei claw +'s, sange yasha's, gudda igga, crazy galacticus etc etc etc. Liked changing elements on fixed element items to give it a bit of a change, especially gudda igga and nei claw +'s.

Spent alot of money on GC.... ¬¬ Then I decided to go for 10* S rank 50%'s as they're affordable on JP PSU priced ~10-15mil each. Gonna attempt to grind them past 8/10 when the next grind boost comes along.

Not sure if having 50% 10/10 is elitist because I don't wave all the weapons in peoples faces bragging about how god damn awesome they are. I know several people who don't stop talking about all these amazing items they found everyday i'm online with them and it does get tedious. They get confused as to why i'd switch from an agito to a kan yu, OMG it's less rare, what are you DOING? Ra ra ra.... I just usually keep my finds to myself unless i'm giddy about an achievment but buying all these weps of GC'ing them isn't much to brag about ^^ Still I do get rid of a lot of GC'd wepaons quite often and always sell them for low prices so at least it makes the buyer happy.

Tifa

SolomonGrundy
Oct 12, 2010, 10:40 AM
It's elistist if you think other are foolish for using "lesser" weapons. Using whatever type of weapon you enjoy is just a playstyle.

Example: I'm a minor elitist - I think it's foolish for others not to use element appropriate weapons/armor on the GAMs, since it can slow the party down significantly. You want to level your light rifle bullet? please go do a regular mission, standing in the back of desert terror/R is not all that helpful

MillyB
Oct 12, 2010, 10:58 AM
Example: I'm a minor elitist - I think it's foolish for others not to use element appropriate weapons/armor on the GAMs, since it can slow the party down significantly. You want to level your light rifle bullet? please go do a regular mission, standing in the back of desert terror/R is not all that helpful
Hahaha. Do you really think that is being elitist ???:-?

SolomonGrundy
Oct 12, 2010, 11:17 AM
in a minor way. I had a friend who wasn not wearing fire armor in plains overlord/r, and it bugged me so much I gave him a fire armor to wear (since he refused to buy a fire armor)

TheAstarion
Oct 13, 2010, 06:04 PM
I'm the kind of person who will grind an 8/10 because it could have been a 10/10, and end up with a 2/2.

I'll moan about it, but still use it because it's (say) a 42% with good PP, and will do more damage than the 50% 9/9 9* A-rank I had to fall back on. And if the A-rank does more? Well, how much more are we talking? 2250 vs 2175? I'll take my broken S-rank. And my S-rank has stun? Yep, sticking with that.

I'm also the kind of guy who'll use a full rainbow set of Rabol Orachio 24-29% with a Cati/Rainbow and hize/stam, because it's cheaper than a full rainbow set of 46% Serafi-Senbas with a Vijeri/resist and, say, lumirus/HP. That, and Orachio is a big F.U. to fortemasters who have to pay through the nose for their Armas lines.

As a Wartecher, I'm more or less forced to use high % A-ranks. If my 4/4 50% vish does more damage than my 10/10 42% one... well, more fool am I to ignore the "broken" one. People who turn their noses up at fully-functional weapons because they're not x/10 sicken me.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 13, 2010, 06:33 PM
" That, and Orachio is a big F.U. to fortemasters who have to pay through the nose for their Armas lines."

lol

TheAstarion
Oct 13, 2010, 06:55 PM
Hey, if I can equip something that's gonna piss other people off, why not? And I don't mean in the Tornoobo Dance sense either, I mean in a sort of "I have this, you could use it too, but you don't know how, because it's not a Fighmaster equip~" kind of way.

Walking into White Beast with more than 16 stamina is like... I dunno, walking into a synagogue with a ham sandwich. No use to anyone else in there, but you can be damn sure nobody else will have it.

Midori Oku
Oct 13, 2010, 07:04 PM
Techers...is 10/10 psycho wand the only weapon you will use? How about gaozoran rod+? Like or like...
The only weapons I will use are:

Psycho Wands 10/10
Granahodoras 10/10
Pushans 10/10

Until we get the better tech weapons. I will not use a Gaozoran Rod+ just because it sucks ass due to its craptastic variance and low PP regen.

Delete
Oct 14, 2010, 06:17 AM
Well when I did play, I tried to get the best stuff.....but 800 mil+ for a 10/10 spread needle kinda took that dream away from me. I stuck with S ranks because I was either Gunmaster or FM. Forget A ranks :P