PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Is it worth playing for...

Ezodus
Oct 12, 2010, 06:02 PM
... a free course player with no knowledge of japanese? I got into PSP2 recently, and I find it very fun, but also ver uncomfortable to play for large amounts of time, and it barely feels online due to the lack of communication. So when I heard that PSU JP got a F2P service I thought I'd give it a go, but I'd like to know if it's worth investing time and effort in it, considering:

- I'll be staying in free course mode;

- I know nothing of japanese, or of PSU for that matter.

On a side note, (I know this isn't the place, but oh well; wouldn't want to create another thread for it) this is my first post, so... hi :-D!

TenebriS
Oct 12, 2010, 08:53 PM
It would be really ahrd for someone to play it without have played PSU before
You would need some friends which help you, so i could be that xD
I helped another friend which just chaged to the servers and havent palyed a PS game before, and she does well, she learned it all and now is able to play alone and/or do whatever she wants without any help^^

Ishia
Oct 12, 2010, 09:09 PM
Free Course is terrible. You get locked out of many vital elements critical to the game - such as Your Room. Without a room, you can't earn money fast, attain awesome weapons/armors, ect.

unicorn
Oct 12, 2010, 09:20 PM
Its possible to play without any knowledge of PSU. My friend is doing it. And I know some old importers who started from day 1 on JP.

As for Free Course... well thats possible too, but you simply can not expect to be up in ranks. Without the shop feature, you pretty much can't get most of your equipment. Not to mention, older missions drop item boards, which are useless to you if you can't go to your room. Only the rebalanced missions actually start dropping made weapons/armor.

Your commonbox can only hold up to 100 items, so you'd really have to manage your storage.

If you just want to play for fun, go ahead, its very possible. You will be really limited to what you buy from NPCs and what you find in the game though.

HienkyakuX
Oct 12, 2010, 09:35 PM
To tell you the truth I have been playing on free course since mid June and I didn't have to mush trouble. Yeah it's true you can't get to your room or trade with others but the made stuff dropping here and there make up for it. Another thing is that with events and gbr almost every month you can get all the equipment you need fast. A tip about the common box don't save boards or mats unless they are for the RSD trades.

Halcyote
Oct 12, 2010, 09:40 PM
It's possible to play decently on Free Course with limited knowlege of Japanese (I personally use the Hiragana/Katakana tables on Wikipedia + Amesani/PSUPedia to figure out stuff), but I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a consistent group to run with.

Ezodus
Oct 13, 2010, 01:25 AM
Ouch. Didn't expect free course mode to be so... crippling! Sounds pretty disheartening, but I'll at least give it a shot. It's not like I have anything much better to play online, plus, since I recently quit my part-time job, I have quite a bit of time on my hands. Thanks for your opinions dudes; it really helped me see both sides of the coin!
Oh, and I'd be really happy if ya could help me out, TenebriS! I'll be gladly takin' all the help I can get :D !