PDA

View Full Version : Two new JP Phantasy Star trademarks discovered

EspioKaos
Oct 15, 2010, 02:11 PM
(I'm kind of iffy on posting this in PSU general, so mods, feel free to relocate as you see appropriate.)

Copy-pasting from my post at PSUPf...

---

http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2010/10/101016b.html

Shougai PSO reported today about two new Phantasy Star trademarks that were filed by SEGA in the past few months. Initial applications were made on August 17, 2010, and the information was made public on September 9, 2010. The new trademarks are Phantasy Star Eternal Hunters and Phantasy Star Eternal Planets. No other information is known about the titles.

Shougai makes a suggestion that the titles could be an attempt at something along the lines of what the Pokémon games go for, but having two versions of (essentially) the same game with minute differences between them.

ZER0 DX
Oct 15, 2010, 02:14 PM
I have a feeling these will either be two 3DS games or they're deciding on an official title for PSO2.

Lyric
Oct 15, 2010, 02:44 PM
Perhaps the Wiii will be getting a Phantasy Star title as well?

Drac_Mazoku
Oct 15, 2010, 03:02 PM
No Phantasy Star Online?
No Phantasy Star Universe?
No Phantasy Star Portable?
No Phantasy Star Zero?

Only Phantasy Star, with another subtitle next to them.

Can I dream about a return to the classic saga?

Of course not, with name such as "Eternal Hunters" and "Eternal Planets", it smells Online concept to me...

But if only they could one day make another good offline single-player RPG under the banner Phantasy Star...IF ONLY!!!

BIG OLAF
Oct 15, 2010, 04:14 PM
I thought the Pokemon thing at first, too. Actually, I'm thinking that Sega might use "Eternal Hunters" and "Eternal Planets" as names for PSO2 expansions, and just wanted to get the trademarking step out of the way. That's just my wild guess, though.

Gigas
Oct 15, 2010, 04:40 PM
Very interesting.

Pavichokche
Oct 15, 2010, 06:03 PM
First Phantasy Star game(s) for the PSP2 !!! WOOO

Mike
Oct 15, 2010, 09:29 PM
Pokemon-style Phantasy Star is not something I really want to see.

cApNhOwDy
Oct 15, 2010, 09:51 PM
You can count me in, I'm excited. How will this tie in with PSO2? Either way, I approve of more Phantasy Star games, and I feel like they can do portables really well now that they've had some experience.

bns1991
Oct 16, 2010, 08:42 AM
To me, one of these may be a sequal to phantasy star zero, and the other will be a new title to the wii.

Ishia
Oct 16, 2010, 09:10 AM
To me, one of these may be a sequal to phantasy star zero, and the other will be a new title to the wii.

Which are both terrible ideas. Do not want.

Kenshin1109
Oct 16, 2010, 10:08 AM
My passion for Phantasy Star is eternal...sounds awesome either way Sega decides to go!

Overlord Zenon
Oct 16, 2010, 02:06 PM
hmm Im steadily losing respect for sega these days, well progress is progress even if it sounds bad, my hunch is, PS-wii with a 3ds Installment co-insidign with it

Sinue_v2
Oct 16, 2010, 02:20 PM
my hunch is, PS-wii with a 3ds Installment co-insidign with it

That sounds about like what I had envisioned upon hearing the titles. Though the "Pokemon" "Red & Blue Phantasy Star" sounds just as, if not more, plausible. Perhaps DS and 3DS (or 3DS and PSP) titles respectively which have tie-ins to PSO2. Considering the development cycle vs. launch window, PSO2 is probably well under development despite the lack of released media. Since the business model for how the games are going to be managed is likely already set, these two new titles are likely side-games or expansions which are only being fleshed out with a skeleton crew, but will receive more attention after resources free up upon completion of PSO2.

GUARDIANDNL
Oct 16, 2010, 02:32 PM
to me it sounds like eternal hunter s will be a game and the eternal planets and OST

Cranberry
Oct 16, 2010, 03:42 PM
I'm thinking these are going to be soundtracks for PSO2 and perhaps Phantasy Star Portable Infinity.

Kion
Oct 16, 2010, 04:08 PM
"Eternal Hunters" is a pretty cool title as they're going back to PSO, but "Eternal Planets"? does that even make sense?

HyperShot-X-
Oct 16, 2010, 05:07 PM
1st impression that came to me with this new PS trademark was CHAKAN:the Forever man.. I really wish this is gonna be a single player offline action RPG on multi-plat consoles(Wii doesn't count) with full blown CG cutscenes and epic storyline built on the latest graphics engine avail, and keep PSO2 separate as online play only with minimal storyline like it did on original pso.

Maybe they could also go with PS anime featured movie maybe, but no more portable series, please!! we had enough of those already.

lostinseganet
Oct 16, 2010, 06:55 PM
Pokemon-style Phantasy Star is not something I really want to see.
What about the mags :) Perhaps they could transform into higher forms for a period of time.

Gigas
Oct 16, 2010, 10:43 PM
1st impression that came to me with this new PS trademark was CHAKAN:the Forever man.. I really wish this is gonna be a single player offline action RPG on multi-plat consoles(Wii doesn't count) with full blown CG cutscenes and epic storyline built on the latest graphics engine avail, and keep PSO2 separate as online play only with minimal storyline like it did on original pso.

Maybe they could also go with PS anime featured movie maybe, but no more portable series, please!! we had enough of those already.
PSO had a great story, it just wasn't shoved in your face.

MadDogg
Oct 16, 2010, 11:37 PM
I bet my left nut that these two games are going to be something like pokemon or megaman battle net work. Not the way pokemon or megaman battle network plays, I mean that I bet its going to be something like the two different versions will find a different set of rares, and to collect all the rare weapons/armors/units or what have you, you have to trade with someone that owns the other version (I'm thinking its going to be a phantasy star zero'ish type of game). Something tells me these are going to be for the 3DS, since every japanese developer and their mothers are already lining up to make 3DS games and milk that japan loving portable gravy train.

Mike
Oct 16, 2010, 11:58 PM
What about the mags :) Perhaps they could transform into higher forms for a period of time.
No thanks. Mag raising shouldn't be about which version of the game you bought but how much planning and thought you put in to ahead of time.

"Eternal Hunters" is a pretty cool title as they're going back to PSO, but "Eternal Planets"? does that even make sense?
Well, the only current game that had seperate planets you could go to is Universe so maybe these are PSO and PSU tie ins?

I'm thinking these are going to be soundtracks for PSO2 and perhaps Phantasy Star Portable Infinity.
I hadn't thought about them not being games. "Eternal" makes it sound kind of like some kind of greatest hits collection though.

LeonAlabard
Oct 17, 2010, 01:10 PM

Im betting on soundtracks too. This would make more sense than a Pokemon/MegamanBattleNet-styled game.
I mean, I dont really think that Sega would create a game where you can only get half of the rares items, and another one to get the another half, or something like that.
They just cant do that..... right?

HyperShot-X-
Oct 17, 2010, 04:08 PM
PSO had a great story, it just wasn't shoved in your face.what I was talking about is offline story mode content wise, if they're gonna keep offline and online mode char data separate like they did with PSU, then it'd be better to just make a stand alone offline single player game and keep PSO2 separate because I don't think it's yet possible to make bringing offline saved chars to online without compromising security issues.

bns1991
Oct 17, 2010, 06:43 PM
Which are both terrible ideas. Do not want.

I agree with you to a certain point. A wii title is a bad idea because they will try to incorporate motion controls into the game. However I do strongly believe that one may be a sequel to phantasy star zero, possibly on the 3ds, but more than likely on the ds/lite/dsi.

zandra117
Oct 17, 2010, 10:14 PM
Phantasy Star: Etearnal Planets
If this is related to PSO2
Known planets/moons within the PSO universe:
Coral (Earth)
Arca (Moon)
Ragol
Ragol's two moons
Unknown Planet that Pioneer 3 found

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Oct 23, 2010, 07:43 AM
I really hope these are 3DS games, that would be incredible, then we'd have PSO2 be a huge drop on PC, and 2 somewhat smaller possible tie ins for the 3DS which is looking like it'll be easily the greatest hand held system ever. I'm not huge into buying soundtracks, so i hope it's not that.

Windancer
Oct 30, 2010, 11:34 PM
I thought the Pokemon thing at first, too. Actually, I'm thinking that Sega might use "Eternal Hunters" and "Eternal Planets" as names for PSO2 expansions, and just wanted to get the trademarking step out of the way. That's just my wild guess, though.

The pokemon PSO has been done in a way with PSO episode 3 on the Gamecube it's actually a card game so more like yugioh but its pretty good play is a little slow compared to the rest. I would actually recommend it to play on Wii since the wii plays gamecube titles. To be honest it would be a better play than most Wii titles You can buy it here (http://cgi.ebay.com/Phantasy-Star-Online-Episode-III-MINT-Nintendo-Gamecube-/260683672191?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3cb1f52a7f) Cheap!

MAXrobo
Oct 30, 2010, 11:54 PM
I think it is most likely sound tracks. But it could be a pair of pso ep3 style games for 3ds based on the PSU universe. That would give them enough stuff to work with for 2 games worth of cards.

Windancer
Oct 31, 2010, 12:10 AM
I think it is most likely sound tracks. But it could be a pair of pso ep3 style games for 3ds based on the PSU universe. That would give them enough stuff to work with for 2 games worth of cards.

I dont know from the names I would say they were going to be sequels to Phantasy star Zero. Only time will tell

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Nov 22, 2010, 10:16 PM
What if it's a new game, and its soundtrack instead of 2 games or 2 soundtracks? that would make sense, but fingers crossed that if there is a game that it's on the 3DS