Here are some I will finish as im getting REAL money to do them

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/Shagami/christ1.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/Shagami/Christ2.png

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Oct 16, 2010, 03:52 PM
that isnt bad, its kind of a cool art style

DoctorQuark
Oct 16, 2010, 03:55 PM
Yeah, it is pretty good. Although, it doesn't really look like you're finished. Did you have plans to fill it out?

Sha Sha
Oct 16, 2010, 04:09 PM
Yeah, it is pretty good. Although, it doesn't really look like you're finished. Did you have plans to fill it out?

its a w.i.p
work in progress

but i doubt ill finish it.

DoctorQuark
Oct 16, 2010, 04:19 PM
Personally, I think you should. I'd like to see the final product. But it's no big deal, if you don't think it's worth finishing or something.

qoxolg
Oct 16, 2010, 06:17 PM
It's very crappy and I hate it, just like you! :)

xmoonprismpowerx
Oct 16, 2010, 06:28 PM
it's well proportioned. well, what's there at least :) try and finisssssssh

Outrider
Oct 17, 2010, 01:25 AM
I'm not sure why you're being so hard on yourself?

It looks fine. You should sit down and finish it.

...and THEN, we can tell you how crappy it is. :wacko:

Seth Astra
Oct 17, 2010, 01:26 AM
Actually, it looks quite nice for a basic sketch. You should finish it.

qoxolg
Oct 17, 2010, 03:07 AM
I'm not sure why you're being so hard on yourself?

It looks fine. You should sit down and finish it.

...and THEN, we can tell you how crappy it is. :wacko:

Oh come on, do we really need to play this game with her all the time?

She just want's to hear the opposite of people. Putting herself in some kind of underdog position, to get nice reactions like "Ooo it's not crappy at all!". The best way to handle these situations is by not telling her what she wants to hear.

People that tell everyone and themselves that they suck @ drawing (or anything else) are better off quitting if they are that serious about it, cause you'll never get better with that kind of attitude.

Ok ok.. move on! :wacko:

Sayara
Oct 17, 2010, 06:23 PM
Oh come on, do we really need to play this game with her all the time?

She just want's to hear the opposite of people. Putting herself in some kind of underdog position, to get nice reactions like "Ooo it's not crappy at all!". The best way to handle these situations is by not telling her what she wants to hear.

People that tell everyone and themselves that they suck @ drawing (or anything else) are better off quitting if they are that serious about it, cause you'll never get better with that kind of attitude.

Ok ok.. move on! :wacko:

So to essentially ignore the crying baby. I actually can full heartedly agree with you on this one.

DoctorQuark
Oct 17, 2010, 06:27 PM
Geez, people. So what if that's the case? He posted, it, so I'm gonna give my honest impression on it regardless of what he says. I think it has potential; it just needs to be thoroughly finished. It isn't that hard to look past that sort of thing.

SleepyKiks
Oct 17, 2010, 07:04 PM
The background is looking nice and I liked to see it finished. Right now it's hard to say much else.

Pirrip
Oct 17, 2010, 09:07 PM
I wanna see it finished in crayon.

xmoonprismpowerx
Oct 17, 2010, 10:09 PM
I wanna see it finished in crayon.

What about in feces, so it really WOULD be "crappy". Hur hur. Oh dammit.

Outrider
Oct 17, 2010, 10:59 PM
I'm all for calling people out when they're fishing for compliments, but considering how often people do that in Fan Works - including people posting in this thread - I'd suggest everybody ease up just a bit.

To the OP - What you should do is post a finished piece of art and then let the community provide comments and criticism. We have a number of talented people here who can offer legitimate critiques and/or praise.

NeonaPulsar
Oct 17, 2010, 11:06 PM
Actually, it looks quite nice for a basic sketch. You should finish it.

I agree with Seth. Finish it up, see what good work you can get out of it.

Sha Sha
Oct 17, 2010, 11:37 PM
I put up two images i'll actually finish

NeonaPulsar
Oct 17, 2010, 11:40 PM
Not bad at all. Better at motion then i am.

FOkyasuta
Oct 17, 2010, 11:57 PM
This Ain't Crap. Crap Comes Outta People's Behinds. And Apparently It Didn't.

Sha Sha
Oct 18, 2010, 12:04 AM
Apparently i cant draw for myself
that includes my own characters
but if its for money or someone else its great.
WHY DO MY CHARACTERS HATE ME ;_;

Ami
Oct 18, 2010, 05:26 AM
Well I feel sad now. Ami's not good enough to be worth your time to finish ; ~;

But seriously, some of these comments could easily be settled in something private. Calling out "attention whores" just sets you up to be interpreted as "an attention whore who likes calling out attention whores." really .______________.

ANYWHO, I like the direction that the pieces are going in, and can't wait to see them colored. Though I wish you weren't so hard on yourself. Obviously, if someone is paying you money for commissions, then you have to be good to at least a certain extent. And being hard on their own work in my job :<. But maybe you should do simple stuff for yourself to get you back in the hang of drawing for yourself.

Sayara
Oct 18, 2010, 05:56 AM
Maybe, is anime-y style not for you? See like if anything you seem to accomplish just falls flat on your face and that you're not clearly enjoying yourself what-so-ever (passion merely from cash?) then maybe a switch in style is a must.

I use to be all animu like, but after a few years of solid angsty crossing over... i learned it just wasn't my gig. Maybe thats the same for you. Look up some artists, do some research and see if you can mimic some... get a feel for outside the anime land and you'll probably never wanna go back.

Also, in honesty i prefer the Ami/Marron one as it is right now, mainly for its looseness. These two new ones are lifeless and its disappointing flat unless you intend to really beef it up with color or something.

Yueri
Oct 18, 2010, 08:59 AM
Look up some artists, do some research and see if you can mimic some...

That is the best thing to do if your art is "crappy".
I am not a good example of that myself as I still think my art is crappy... I am only happy with my pictures in the sketch process or when I am drawing chibies. But by practesing by copying/mimicing other artists styles or pictures I have learnt a lot. So the art I make today is at least less crap then when I first started out...

Ask yourself what would make it less crap. Fame..? The style..? Or that you yourself are happy with them..?
Well, and so on...

I think you should try and finish them! Like in style with my moto - even if you only color/draw for one minute a day you have still made more progress than not!
You are bound to get where you want one day...

qoxolg
Oct 18, 2010, 12:11 PM
One last thing off-topic:
For the people that didn't understand my statement:
I've been hanging out here for about 5 years and every thread of Tsukuyo ends in drama about her bad-mouthing herself and eventually letting the thread die.

I and many others have put energy in it to help her and talk her out of it, but every time she returns with that attitude. Thats why I (and Sayara) am growing tired of it.

This works pretty much the same as @work. People that are only negative and whining will never achieve anything. A positive mindset does not only have a positive effect on yourself, but also on others.

People always try to hide their shortcomings and run away from them, cause, well.. it's easy! Most people don't like confrontation. Always searching for excuses and pointing at others, instead of trying to solve their own problems. I don't believe in the "but thats because I am like that"-shit. I believe everyone can change if you really want it. If you don't, stop whining and accept the fact you'll always make crappy stuff.

I may sound harsh, but IMO thats the only way to TRUELY help her. Telling her she and her art isn't crappy won't help a bit.

just my 2 cents.

On topic:
1st pic: The background and the characters seem to be both in different perspectives. I've had this problem a lot and the best way to fix this, is by first drawing the background and next the characters. A background also gives a better sense of perspective while drawing the characters.

2nd pic: The lower part of her legs look a little wonky. Other than that I am no expert @animu art, so I'll keep my mouth shut about the rest.

3rd pic: In this pose I'd expect to see her hands, since her arms seem to look like they are stretched. Also for this the same as 2nd pic. I am no expert on animu-styled stuff.

Mimo
Oct 18, 2010, 12:24 PM
@Yu: You're my herooooo!!! ;w;

Well I've been picking up the habit from DA to look at pic->critique->then read comment. Kinda like opening a gift before noticing the card that it came with. XD Hmm the wip obviously looks pretty bad, especially the background, but hey.. I'm not a genius at backdrops either. Nice work with chars though : )

Pirrip
Oct 18, 2010, 12:31 PM
@Mimo

You critique and THEN read the comment/description? That's so weird.

Ami
Oct 18, 2010, 12:34 PM
I am not a good example of that myself as I still think my art is crappy... I am only happy with my pictures in the sketch process or when I am drawing chibies. But by practesing by copying/mimicing other artists styles or pictures I have learnt a lot. So the art I make today is at least less crap then when I first started out...

Ask yourself what would make it less crap. Fame..? The style..? Or that you yourself are happy with them..?
Well, and so on...

I think you should try and finish them! Like in style with my moto - even if you only color/draw for one minute a day you have still made more progress than not!
Exactly. Just exactly. Unless you really really REALLY hate the direction that the picture was going, then you should keep going. Sure I may mock-rant about how much crazy talented artists are there and how much I think my art sucks. But I personally see it as a way to get better. Not to show them up (bless most of them having up tips on how to do certain stuff), but to hopefully see that some of their influence has made me a better artist @~@.

OFF-TOPIC: Hey, I'm all for getting rid of unnecessary drama. But still, a PM would have been more effective. No one has to know except for you and the other person. I would rather have someone tell me I'm being an ass in a PM than on a public forum where everyone can read and then stuff like this happens. Obviously, I can't really agree with either party since I've only started coming back 2008-2009. But I'm just offering my viewpoint on the matter. If you choose to whether or not read it, no sweat off my back.
Now I'll STFU before I get labeled as a white knight or something.

Pirrip
Oct 18, 2010, 12:39 PM
Hey, Tsukuyo! What do you use for your lineart? A Wacom?

Yueri
Oct 18, 2010, 01:10 PM
One last thing off-topic:
For the people that didn't understand my statement:
I've been hanging out here for about 5 years and every thread of Tsukuyo ends in drama about her bad-mouthing herself and eventually letting the thread die.

I and many others have put energy in it to help her and talk her out of it, but every time she returns with that attitude. Thats why I (and Sayara) am growing tired of it.

I will also go offtopic... qoxolg, what you are saying might be true... But then stay quiet about it. At this point you are not helping at all.
Not if you point this out and paint a bad picture of her to everyone...
People change, most not overnight... So I think you should back of some.

Telling her she and her art isn't crappy won't help a bit.

Like is your taste the only true taste..?
Some might see crap, other see potential and some might find it amazing.

I donot know if this is the case... but saying yourself that your art is crap and then going emo when it gets confrimed is a bit bad... But then just be the adult and leave.

CupOfCoffee
Oct 18, 2010, 01:33 PM
They're good drawings with fairly confident line work, but it's painfully obvious from the conversation that has followed the original post that the artist's presentation of his/her work leaves a lot to be desired. The defeatist attitude does absolutely no favors. In the art world, which is largely shades of gray and matters of taste and interpretation, this is one thing that's almost universally agreed upon: it's the wrong attitude. It's not an attitude we just can't personally appreciate or that doesn't suit everybody. It's just flatly incorrect.

And everyone else already said everything else I would say, so that's all I got.

Mimo
Oct 18, 2010, 02:33 PM
@Mimo

You critique and THEN read the comment/description? That's so weird.

It's not weird! :< Well it doesn't matter as long as the artist accomplishes what they were trying to achieve! Though, who knows what the artist was trying to achieve here...

Sha Sha
Oct 18, 2010, 02:53 PM
Well I feel sad now. Ami's not good enough to be worth your time to finish ; ~;

But seriously, some of these comments could easily be settled in something private. Calling out "attention whores" just sets you up to be interpreted as "an attention whore who likes calling out attention whores." really .______________.

ANYWHO, I like the direction that the pieces are going in, and can't wait to see them colored. Though I wish you weren't so hard on yourself. Obviously, if someone is paying you money for commissions, then you have to be good to at least a certain extent. And being hard on their own work in my job :<. But maybe you should do simple stuff for yourself to get you back in the hang of drawing for yourself.
Ill finish ami but probably not marron

Maybe, is anime-y style not for you? See like if anything you seem to accomplish just falls flat on your face and that you're not clearly enjoying yourself what-so-ever (passion merely from cash?) then maybe a switch in style is a must.

I use to be all animu like, but after a few years of solid angsty crossing over... i learned it just wasn't my gig. Maybe thats the same for you. Look up some artists, do some research and see if you can mimic some... get a feel for outside the anime land and you'll probably never wanna go back.

Also, in honesty i prefer the Ami/Marron one as it is right now, mainly for its looseness. These two new ones are lifeless and its disappointing flat unless you intend to really beef it up with color or something.

Yes I plan on Cging the other two; Once I CG them; it tends to bring much more life to the drawing then the flat lineart; some aritst can get away with flat lineart; I always CG; i prefer to CG more then to lineart.
I have tried realism by going to courses at my local college; my teacher hated me (literaly she did; she actually dropped my from the class for no real reason)
I been messing with other styles there is a style i really like but i am unable to even to emulate it. I like the anime style but not the HUGE ass eyes desu desu kawaii crap.

Well, and so on...

I try to draw at lease once a day even if its just doodling in opencanvas for 5 mins while procrastinating on homework (like right now) I been trying to practice with perspective but something about gets me everytime.

On topic:
1st pic: The background and the characters seem to be both in different perspectives. I've had this problem a lot and the best way to fix this, is by first drawing the background and next the characters. A background also gives a better sense of perspective while drawing the characters.

2nd pic: The lower part of her legs look a little wonky. Other than that I am no expert @animu art, so I'll keep my mouth shut about the rest.

3rd pic: In this pose I'd expect to see her hands, since her arms seem to look like they are stretched. Also for this the same as 2nd pic. I am no expert on animu-styled stuff.

At first I wasnt going to add a background but after seeing two images with an awesome perspective on backgrounds i tried to use them as a ref. It failed as you can see. I been reading Loomis for tips on perpective but something about it always gets me. But i have been told i ended up with more "movement" in my drawings then most other artists. It may or may not be true.

Hey, Tsukuyo! What do you use for your lineart? A Wacom? I use to use a Wacom Graphire 4 but it broke; then i was borrowing a Wacom Intuos 3 but my moms friend wanted it back; now im using a Wacom bamboo fun a friend send me in the mail. It's ok but it's hard to draw with a messed up touch pad on a laptop. I cant draw the same on paper though; weird...

They're good drawings with fairly confident line work, but it's painfully obvious from the conversation that has followed the original post that the artist's presentation of his/her work leaves a lot to be desired. The defeatist attitude does absolutely no favors. In the art world, which is largely shades of gray and matters of taste and interpretation, this is one thing that's almost universally agreed upon: it's the wrong attitude. It's not an attitude we just can't personally appreciate or that doesn't suit everybody. It's just flatly incorrect.

And everyone else already said everything else I would say, so that's all I got.
The first image is purely a Work in progess; its nowhere close to finished nor is anything set in stone in terms of lineart or background; I always work like this i guess its just weird

DoctorQuark
Oct 18, 2010, 06:55 PM
Have to agree with Mimo and CoC. :3