PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Emergency Maintenance Scheduled for Tonight, Oct. 16th

Amaury
Oct 16, 2010, 11:36 PM
This maintenance will address the lag issues, and it's supposed to last about 30 minutes to an hour.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?348839

Hi everyone,

Ruby here, on my old PSU Podcasting account. :) Similar to my other account, the servers tonight will be undergoing some quick maintenance, primarily to fix some lag that you guys were reporting since the last maintenance.

It should be short and we're expecting it to take only about 30 minutes to an hour (maybe even less), but thanks for your patience as we work to take care of this!

I'll be with you guys tonight to make sure it works and I'll be checking it out personally myself too, so we can make sure we take care of it. Just look for PSU Castor online (I'll have a blue name) if you'd like to do a run or two once maintenance is done to make sure all is well.

Thanks everyone!

Overlord Zenon
Oct 17, 2010, 06:32 AM
one question, was it a sucessful repair?

Amaury
Oct 17, 2010, 10:12 AM
one question, was it a sucessful repair?

From reading the official forums, yes.

Overlord Zenon
Oct 17, 2010, 03:21 PM
thank primus, the lag is gone

Cleptomaniac
Oct 17, 2010, 03:40 PM
You should check the official forums again.
It's progressively getting worse.

Nux
Oct 17, 2010, 03:41 PM
/true

RubyEclipse
Oct 17, 2010, 05:30 PM
I've been playing for a few hours today, and it seems to be much, much better than before. I have noticed a couple lag spikes, but nothing like what was happening before the maintenance.

If it continues, just drop us a line to help.sega.com and continue posting on the forums - I'm passing this on already, but it's always good to get a gauge of how many are effected, and to what extent.

Thanks!

MillyB
Oct 17, 2010, 05:37 PM
I've been playing for a few hours today, and it seems to be much, much better than before. I have noticed a couple lag spikes, but nothing like what was happening before the maintenance.

If it continues, just drop us a line to help.sega.com and continue posting on the forums - I'm passing this on already, but it's always good to get a gauge of how many are effected, and to what extent.

Thanks!

The lag seems to be getting worse as the day goes on. I myself am almost back to where I was yesterday at this time-unable to play due to lag/disconnects. This needs to be fixed, and it is not on my end. Also, the ticket system is a joke no wonder Sega of America has an F rank by the BBB.

Powder Keg
Oct 17, 2010, 06:21 PM
There's basically no change Ruby--something else needs to be looked at, whether it's Sega's provider, the wiring , anything at this point. This is a recurring problem that a lot of players have been dealing with off and on for weeks, and it has to be fixed before Absolute Zero comes around, otherwise you're gonna see a lot of people quitting.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 18, 2010, 01:57 AM
The lag is quite noticable for me, (this sunday was the first time I played after the update. NOt quite unplayable, but certainly bothersome.

No disconnects, just damage packet lag, and issues opening boxes, and such