PDA

View Full Version : EVP?

Syre
Oct 19, 2010, 10:13 PM
Exactly how much of it do you need for everything to miss?
Also, how often does a lv5 heaven element work?

I was thinking about a HUnewearl build that kind of went like this:

4 Divine/Swifts for slots.
80 Mats into evp.

Any dagger 6 star+ that can have it's element changed (perferably a foie haze but even a jaspar roar can work) w/ lv5 element.

All %'s on the dagger wouldn't matter besides accuracy.

Heaven Element.

This of course, wont do great againts bosses (unless heaven works on bosses wut?)
So just switch to rika's or w/e for that.
I've yet to get anything with the heaven element but I'm guessing that it works kinda like most of the elements so that's why a dagger is a must.

Thoughts?

Chaos Rappy
Oct 20, 2010, 12:18 AM
Exactly how much of it do you need for everything to miss?
Also, how often does a lv5 heaven element work?

I was thinking about a HUnewearl build that kind of went like this:

4 Divine/Swifts for slots.
80 Mats into evp.

Any dagger 6 star+ that can have it's element changed (perferably a foie haze but even a jaspar roar can work) w/ lv5 element.

All %'s on the dagger wouldn't matter besides accuracy.

Heaven Element.

This of course, wont do great againts bosses (unless heaven works on bosses wut?)
So just switch to rika's or w/e for that.
I've yet to get anything with the heaven element but I'm guessing that it works kinda like most of the elements so that's why a dagger is a must.

Thoughts?
Daggers only go up to Lv4 elements as far as having and getting elements legitimately are concerned. With an Element Boost on, though, that can become a Lv5 synthetically speaking, I guess, but the best you'll find on any daggers yourself is a Lv4. Also, I disrecommend using a Dagger for element proc'ing as, even though it can HIT multiple times, it's procrate suffers for it. The best weapons to proc elements with are Gunblades (for their three-way shots that can proc elements usually within three shots, tops, but they can only go up to Lv3 elements on their own) or Shields (have the highest procrates, highest element level, great accuracy, and can hit multiple enemies at once). Also, you'll never find a weapon with Heaven. The only way to get it LEGITIMATELY is through getting every title in the game, which includes, but is not limited to: defeating every foe, killing over 30,000 of them, finding the bakery three times, finding every rare room in every area, completing the Eternal Tower at least three times, getting 50% completion on every weapon category, inviting your allies to at least 50 complete runs each (not including story mode missions), and finding 10 of the rarer weapons in this game (9, really, being one's buyable)... yeah.

Alright, anyways, let's see... no, I don't see this being the slightest bit effective overall. Heaven is near useless on SH being that everything resists Heaven completely (as in IT WON'T WORK EVER) except for the small-fry enemies of each stage (the frogs in Ozette, rabbits in Rioh, Ghowls and Vulkures in Gurhacia, Bolix/Goldix and Pobammas in Paru, the bats in Makara, A/Korse in Arca, and D/Zerreos in Dark Shrine, Gigo/Booma Origins not included, since they can be hit by Heaven as well).

Also, even for bosses, evasion is pretty well useless except in small cases where they use physical attacks that actually even HAVE a chance of missing (like Octo's sprays and Humilias's ice/slow breaker attacks). On her own, with a Rika's Suit on at max grinds, HUnewearl is already pretty tough to hit, let alone with the units and Mats. I can only see this kind of set-up not failing completely on Hard and Normal, and even then, pretty much all of this stuff is found NOT on either of those, which makes it even slightly less useful than THAT, I'm afraid... really, though, evasion HUnewearl's are pretty well overdone as far as Ive seen, and one relying solely on trying to evade and initiate 1HKO's isn't the greatest, especially with all the attacks in this game used by enemies that completely ignore evasion anyways, not to mention enemies online have greater accuracy.

So, in the end, it's all fun and games, but it's not going to be efficient or effective remotely what it was intended for, to be quite frank. : /

EDIT: OH, yes, also, I do not believe I have seen the level of Heaven to be all too much of importance as far as procrate goes. I've proc'd more often usually with a LV2 from my Yas M109 than my Lv5 on my HeavenRouge Pulse. Either way, procrate bounces around the weapon type procrate, so I dunno how Heaven truly works, and I doubt sega's gonna release the numbers anytime soon. <_<

Syre
Oct 20, 2010, 11:59 PM
Thanks Chaos for all that :]
I had no idea that you could be immune to heaven.

Any idea how much evp is needed to have like, almost everything miss?

Chaos Rappy
Oct 21, 2010, 09:03 AM
About 700, but 650 is pretty fine, too. The extra 50 really only adds about 5% on to your already almost 90% evasion rate at 650... :/

Syre
Oct 21, 2010, 06:17 PM
Oh... 746 atm but I still get hit once in awhile ]:

Chaos Rappy
Oct 21, 2010, 10:02 PM
That may or may not have to do with certain unavoidables as well (stay away from Arca and Paru if you know what's good for you), otherwise, perhaps luck just isn't on your side? You can always try and find a good Nersir/Neidaryl with a level 3 element and give it Jell so enemies won't EVER be able to hit you if you proc it on them. That's what I do, and the enemies can NEVER even lay a claw on me, and my HUnewearl isn't even remotely EVP-based aside from having Rika's Suit on, but only because it's her best armor, not because it relates to being the best EVP armor. : /

Syre
Oct 31, 2010, 01:17 PM
About 700, but 650 is pretty fine, too. The extra 50 really only adds about 5% on to your already almost 90% evasion rate at 650... :/

Are these numbers from youself or an actual source?
I get hit on a regular basis at 700 and even consecutive hits once in awhile.

Sooo I brought it up to 820 after trying out 800 to see if there was a big difference between 700 and 800, there was, but not as big of a difference as 820.

So is 820 the magic number?
I can try 850 but I'll need one more divine/swift.

Tried with these numbers on a eulid btw, I'm aware of what attacks never miss.

Chaos Rappy
Oct 31, 2010, 01:27 PM
Yes, well, the various enemy ATA's are important too (Eulids have one of the higher ATA's in the game, mind you), and the certain circumstances that come with CHANCE applies, so it's really up to how lucky the player is on not getting hit or taking hits. I find that just the Suit and a full power HUnewearl can evade enough, but others might not see the same, I guess. : /

Syre
Oct 31, 2010, 05:42 PM
Exactly why I chose to try it out on a Eulid.

I mostly do shrine runs and I wanted to make life easy. xD

Chaos Rappy
Oct 31, 2010, 05:56 PM
It should also probably be a good idea to carry around a higher level Jell (3+) weapon around to help your evasion, perhaps. It may be a good thing to note that my evasion may be so great even at much lower EVP amounts due to me being able to inflict a Lv4 Jellen (with Element Boost on, of course) on most enemies so they can't hit me. Ever. Even as a full-power HUnewearl, no enemy I've proc'd Lv4 Jellen on has been able to touch me with a missable attack. None. XP

Broken_L_button
Oct 31, 2010, 07:59 PM
It should also probably be a good idea to carry around a higher level Jell (3+) weapon around to help your evasion, perhaps. It may be a good thing to note that my evasion may be so great even at much lower EVP amounts due to me being able to inflict a Lv4 Jellen (with Element Boost on, of course) on most enemies so they can't hit me. Ever. Even as a full-power HUnewearl, no enemy I've proc'd Lv4 Jellen on has been able to touch me with a missable attack. None. XP

I second this; once you get level 4+ Jellen to proc...Even a HUcast can evade stuff on SH (including Eulids).

Syre
Oct 31, 2010, 11:12 PM
Any suggestions on a PA that can target a lot of enemies?

I've only used my rika's and rouge pulse since almost the beginning so I wouldn't know anything besides bite stamp and thriller combo...

Chaos Rappy
Nov 1, 2010, 08:45 AM
I personally use a Gunblade to inflict my Lv4 Jells, more specifically a Neidaryl. The fact that, with its Earth Bullet, it can hit a wide area of foes multiple times to proc, or I can go in for multi-shotting enemies in the face with light gun attacks and proc the element quickly and the enemy won't be able to react fast enough to land a blow on me before it gets Jell'd, most of the time... it's pretty nice. As far as "best" weapons go, it's hard to put a price on them, I use Gunblades because its shots mean it has three chances to proc in one attack and the shots can be fired in succession quickly, proc'ing usually within 3 shots, which is roughly 5 or less seconds ingame doing all this.

However, be noted that, since it's an element proc, you can't put it on bosses though. That's really the only downside. If you go full EVP, prepare to Deband at the start to lessen the blows you'll probably be taking. :|

Broken_L_button
Nov 1, 2010, 03:05 PM
Well...Even with 690 EVP, my HUney dodges the physical blows from bosses fairly often; I've stopped counting the times Humilias missed me with his sword after freezing an NPC next to me. Not to mention most of the other bosses barely hit me as well.

Oh, and for your PA question, well, here are those I remember that hit multiple enemies with each wep:

Saber: Zeta Cutlass. Force ride hits other targets too, but Zeta Cutlass is faster.

Daggers: Huge cross gets lots of targets and you can change your trajectory quite a lot. Air ride if the enemies are all on your face.

Swords: Sadly, I prefer suggesting Over End, since Dynamo spin is...Yuck.

Shields: Bull Smash and linear shake are very good for crowds. Linear shake is preferable if you want to end the Pa animation far from the enemies.

Spears: If you have the ATA, I'd say any, except the pogo stick one, since it's slow as hell (and looks ridiculous).

Claws: You know that one already.

Double sabers: They can all hit multiple targets, but million rave does it best, with cyclone dance coming second if you have the ATA for it.

Handguns: You know that one already.

Rifles: Mine sneak. Seriously, get the enemies close to you and then use mine sneak to sneak away and watch the explosion hit them all. Hollow snipe could hit multiple mobs if you're far enough and manage to rotate your character fast enough, but still, mine sneak does it better.

Gunblade: Chaos answered that one already.

...I'm not going to bother with the other guns, since HUney can't use them/has a crappy selection.

And if you plan on using MST weapons:

Wands: Funny dive and MS both hit groups, but...MS outdamages FD by a LOT. So go with MS like all the generic schmucks out there ;D

Rods: Rodeo drive. Beat quake looks cooler and can hit groups as well, but is only useful for pushing away enemies that get too close when you're using techs.

Slicers: Bright Sign. Don't bother with the others; slicer ATA being crappy as it is, BS (lawl...) is the only slicer art remotely useful on groups.

And, I think that's it.

Syre
Nov 1, 2010, 06:59 PM
I don't think bosses are too much a problem with a full evp build.
If there is, I don't see it :]

If I ever get a Neidaryl with a lvl4 element I'll be using that but for now I guess I'll just use my Alice Olivia with MS for Slow and Jell.
Really helpful too because I don't have to give up a slot for element boost.

Thanks guys for the tips.