PDA

View Full Version : Cast or human?

Silver4evr
Oct 20, 2010, 01:22 AM
I have a level 93 cast and a 46 human. I'm trying to decide which i should make my main and be an acrotecher. I've seen quite a few casts as them and i would just like some thoughts/pros/cons. All help is appreciated :)

TenebriS
Oct 20, 2010, 01:41 AM
choose a human, acrotecher as supporter should ahve a lil more TP, a CAST would maybe not such a good healer, or what for you want an AT? :o

unicorn
Oct 20, 2010, 01:46 AM
TP doesnt mean anything for support. I wouldn't even be surprised if a CAST can heal up to full HP with lvl 50 Resta.

If you want to be able to take advantage of offensive techs, then I would suggest Human.

On paper, Human has much better stats and can take advantage of GAS(GAC for 360) much better than a CAST. All the stats CASTs are naturally better than Humans are pretty narrow, since Humans gets a large boost for AT.

But CAST has access to Paradi, Grom and Ares Espada. Basically, too many broken options.

Silver4evr
Oct 20, 2010, 01:50 AM
I'm looking to be support a.k.a. healing/boosting ya know, but to do some damage with the single dagger aswell.

TenebriS
Oct 20, 2010, 02:23 AM
then choose a CAST, as long you have a high level resta you heal enough, if you dont ahve a high level resta yet, take 2 NPC and some friends, start hills of spores, go on one of the traps and spam resta^^

Silver4evr
Oct 20, 2010, 02:46 AM
Thanks for info!

SolomonGrundy
Oct 20, 2010, 03:05 AM
Human.

Casts few advantages are heavily outweighed by humans flexibility. (especially with GAS).

EVP
MST
R-mag damage
Techs when you need them

Tetsaru
Oct 20, 2010, 03:20 AM
Back when I was playing, I had a Newman AT because I wanted to... well... be good at tech-casting, lol. Lately though, I've seen a trend (on these forums at least) of more and more people using AT's mainly for their support techs and fast physical attacks instead of their offensive techs, which I can understand; techer DPS was very underpowered back then compared to melee and ranged attacks... dunno how it is post-Supplemental Update though. I'll say that, playing as a Newman AT, one of the biggest perks I had was the surprising amount of evasion and survivability I had. With Lv41+ Zodial, a high EVP armor like a Feril Line, and Resta that always fully healed me, I could block a lot of attacks and easily recover from the ones that did hit me, and I usually only died when I ended up getting stunned/sleep'd/frozen/Megid'd, or got hit with something powerful enough (usually a crit) to one-shot me. I'm not familiar with all the GAS/GAC customizations and what-not you can use on your characters since I was on PC/PS2, but if you ever decided to go Newman, I'd play around those strengths.

As far as Human vs. CAST... I'd probably go with CAST if you're not going to focus much on offensive techs. Having the SUV attack is a big factor, and most support techs aren't reliant on the TP stat (Resta/Giresta will be weaker though). As far as the other stats go, you can check the charts here. (http://psupedia.info/Acrotecher)

Pirrip
Oct 20, 2010, 03:35 AM
I would personally prefer a human AT. But if you are playing solo or not being strictly support, casts SUV and higher defense might be up your ally.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 20, 2010, 12:20 PM
Back when I was playing, I had a Newman AT because I wanted to... well... be good at tech-casting, lol. Lately though, I've seen a trend (on these forums at least) of more and more people using AT's mainly for their support techs and fast physical attacks instead of their offensive techs, which I can understand; techer DPS was very underpowered back then compared to melee and ranged attacks... dunno how it is post-Supplemental Update though. I'll say that, playing as a Newman AT, one of the biggest perks I had was the surprising amount of evasion and survivability I had. With Lv41+ Zodial, a high EVP armor like a Feril Line, and Resta that always fully healed me, I could block a lot of attacks and easily recover from the ones that did hit me, and I usually only died when I ended up getting stunned/sleep'd/frozen/Megid'd, or got hit with something powerful enough (usually a crit) to one-shot me. I'm not familiar with all the GAS/GAC customizations and what-not you can use on your characters since I was on PC/PS2, but if you ever decided to go Newman, I'd play around those strengths.

As far as Human vs. CAST... I'd probably go with CAST if you're not going to focus much on offensive techs. Having the SUV attack is a big factor, and most support techs aren't reliant on the TP stat (Resta/Giresta will be weaker though). As far as the other stats go, you can check the charts here. (http://psupedia.info/Acrotecher)

For a human or newman, attack techs are all tools in the arsenal. Damage might be lower than physical attacks, but it a lof of case it is just easier/more efficient.

Robots are the best example. on GBR, rabarta, radiga, gidiga, barta or megids depending. GAS improves tech damage, # of targets and range...and specific to a newman, TP is VERY high.

But I use foie + fire madoog to take down jusugun. I use diga + fire madoog to take down the sorcers on SEED express, as well as using diga on mother brains arms.

I *was* using damfoie in SEED express to take down deljabans, but I am evaluating just using a 50% light vishic (which I don't own currently)