PDA

View Full Version : Return to psu?

thunder-ray
Oct 22, 2010, 06:00 AM
A few days ago I was picking threw some of my games that I was going to take to gamestop (to trade for some store credit) and I came across the psu AOTI disk. It hit me in A instant on how much I miss playing psu playing with my gunner, my techer and my fighter. Ever since then I keep getting this urge to wana play psu again. What I would like to ask all of you is should I even bother returning to psu?

bupjo
Oct 22, 2010, 06:54 AM
that's a decision only you can make. they have a Parum GBR currently going on, and if that is something you'd be interested in i'd say try it out for yourself to see if you like to return for good. and you mentioned AOTI disk, which makes me assume you mean have it for PC/PS2. those servers are shut down. Xbox and JP servers are still up. i quit playing PSU because i just got totally bored with it. and i am in love with Phantasy Star Portable 2. but if you miss it, give it a shot and see what you've been missing and you can always cancel. but i honestly can't tell you if you should return or not, because it's your money and your decision. good luck.

TheAstarion
Oct 22, 2010, 09:02 AM
As was said, if you have an AOTI disc it sounds like you were on PS2, which shut down.

Xbox 360 is more popular now than it has been since MAG back in '08 and STD in '09, with a full universe 1 nearly every evening. If you're feeling nostalgia pangs, it's a good time to come back since there's a lot of new stuff with Guardians Advanced Content such as the /R missions and GAS customisations.

thunder-ray
Oct 22, 2010, 10:02 AM
Im sorry I should have said that I used to play on the ps2/pc servers before they were shut down. Ill be getting A xbox sometime this week so this was mainly the reason why I made ths thread. To get the opinions of others to better help me with my decision. I do however have A question about the masterfroce class has anything new came out for the class like new abilitlys or something?

TheAstarion
Oct 22, 2010, 06:40 PM
The new spells Dizas (immunity to physical) and Rentis (immunity to magic, can't remember if it's released yet but Dizas definitely is) are not great for Masterforce being support.

Masterforce does, however, get Limit Break Foie and Diga, which cost 10AP each (5 million Advanced EXP). This bumps them up from hitting one target to three per cast, turning them both into boss killing spells of doom. The other limit breaks are just a 10% damage boost.

Masterforce also got a stat increase overall, it now has the same EVP as Acrotecher, second only to Acrofighter now in terms of evasion. Of other things I know there was a health boost and a TP boost to the point that it now has more TP than a Fortetecher, even with Newman racial bonuses (The actual difference for newman MF vs FT are 1 point for males and 2 points for females). You have to earn all your GAS customisations though.

thunder-ray
Oct 22, 2010, 09:52 PM
The new spells Dizas (immunity to physical) and Rentis (immunity to magic, can't remember if it's released yet but Dizas definitely is) are not great for Masterforce being support.

Masterforce does, however, get Limit Break Foie and Diga, which cost 10AP each (5 million Advanced EXP). This bumps them up from hitting one target to three per cast, turning them both into boss killing spells of doom. The other limit breaks are just a 10% damage boost.

Masterforce also got a stat increase overall, it now has the same EVP as Acrotecher, second only to Acrofighter now in terms of evasion. Of other things I know there was a health boost and a TP boost to the point that it now has more TP than a Fortetecher, even with Newman racial bonuses (The actual difference for newman MF vs FT are 1 point for males and 2 points for females). You have to earn all your GAS customisations though.Wow thats sounds cool I heard that MF got A few new boosts but I didnt think it was that much :o

milranduil
Oct 23, 2010, 12:35 AM
Masterforce is one of the strongest classes now (at least on JP, I can't speak for 360).

Midori Oku
Oct 23, 2010, 01:03 AM
Masterforce is one of the strongest classes now (at least on JP, I can't speak for 360).

It is the same for 360.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Oct 23, 2010, 02:16 AM

It always was the strongest Bobby, we just finally started getting credit ^.-