PDA

View Full Version : Inactivity?

Neo Flint
Oct 22, 2010, 09:30 PM
I've been noticing that no matter when I decide to check online, no one on my friends list (34 of them including the once that haven't been confirmed yet) seems to be online. It's even harder to match up with people over free play. Regarding to some peoples' statements, is it true that PSZ is starting to die?

Radongerbil
Oct 22, 2010, 10:09 PM
I missed out on when everyone was playing /sob. But I'm now just farming(slowly) in SH field on line. So you could add me, I'm on right now too atm :p.

Chaos Rappy
Oct 22, 2010, 10:35 PM
See, with my case, I'm not inactive because I STOPPED playing, it's because I don't play alone, AKA I don't play unless someone else wants me to play with them, rather than playing for myself. With me owning every rare in the game, there's really nothing more I can do, so I simply quit offline play completely, pretty much. :P

...however, as far as online playing goes, it's kinda gotta go well with what I'm doing at the time... I noticed I get busy and get carried away while playing PSO+ recently... :|

Windancer
Oct 23, 2010, 12:27 AM
My friends list is 60 and its a ghost town out there nobody online :( I think alot of peeps moved over to psp2 which I will be doing in about week Finally got a replacement screen for my psp. However I have loved psz and i'm always game to play so pm me if you want to set a playtime I do work friday, saturday and sunday nights but im free pretty much in the evenings the rest of the week im on the west coast

Ilitsa
Oct 23, 2010, 01:09 AM
It does seem pretty vacant...which sucks, I JUST finally was able to get ahold of this game only to find out noones on XD

Luke0292
Oct 23, 2010, 01:16 AM
See, with my case, I'm not inactive because I STOPPED playing, it's because I don't play alone, AKA I don't play unless someone else wants me to play with them, rather than playing for myself. With me owning every rare in the game, there's really nothing more I can do, so I simply quit offline play completely, pretty much. :P

...however, as far as online playing goes, it's kinda gotta go well with what I'm doing at the time... I noticed I get busy and get carried away while playing PSO+ recently... :|

Same here, I really got hooked on PSO lately. It just happened out of nowhere. Now I can't stop playing it.^^;
(I just got Ultimate difficulty yesterday :D)

Windancer
Oct 23, 2010, 05:57 AM
Lets get this active again its a good game! I played for 2 and half hours tonight and 2 out of 60 were online on my FC......Sad indeed http://www.anikaos.com/0010-brownusagi/kaos-brownusagi16.gif

ReijiGin
Oct 23, 2010, 08:14 AM
It sucks, I was in Micronesia most of the time since it came out so I was playing offline only there. Now I can play online and no one's around :( This is kinda dumb but, I was thinking that if we had a network on somewhere instantaneous like Twitter, maybe we could keep better track of who's online at any given time?

kagoma1112
Oct 23, 2010, 09:10 AM
this sucks,i have friends but nobody gets online^^' but it is sad it needs to come back alive and not be dead

Radongerbil
Oct 23, 2010, 10:41 AM
Getting 4 on at same time would be pretty cool, it may be a limitation of the DS capabilities but I find the game's style kind of endearing.

PSZFann
Oct 23, 2010, 12:44 PM
What i have noticed with this game is you hardly ever get old time players, what i mean by this is you may find some hard core players and you play with them for a month and then they quit and you dont see them ever again... this is what i hate the most, and i used to be really really active, like 10hrs a day, then a couple more once i go to bed. but then when the guy i was playing all that time with (cookiesundae) stopped playing alot, i just kinda gave up...

Then i got my hopes up really high again when i met LordNiko... he was awesome fun to play with and then.... he quit too :/ really wish people would just stay...

I think the only reason i have been with PSZ since the day it came out in stores where i live, is because i dont have any other systems that can play PSZ wich is why i really really think they should make a PSW (wii) ... it might not turn out very popular... but hey i would be the top guy on the game :)

Windancer
Oct 23, 2010, 10:48 PM
It sucks, I was in Micronesia most of the time since it came out so I was playing offline only there. Now I can play online and no one's around :( This is kinda dumb but, I was thinking that if we had a network on somewhere instantaneous like Twitter, maybe we could keep better track of who's online at any given time?

Well some of the groups like Fon for instance have a Chatroom setup. however the chatroom there has been rather slow lately since psp2 came out

pso_crash
Oct 23, 2010, 11:35 PM
Yea, the online community has been diminished for awhile now. Despite PSZ having one of the better multilayer experiences, there isn't anything there to keep players coming back and bringing new players into the community.

ReijiGin
Oct 24, 2010, 06:05 AM
I'm thinking like, if people connected some way that could send norifications to people, it would be awesome. Like on FB or Twitter, if you send someone a message it can ping your phone. So you get online and send out a message. Then the people you play with will know no matter what you're doing. I keep comic here & seeing that I missed people who were online, if there was a way to know without being on my computer it would be cool :)

Kytan
Oct 24, 2010, 04:28 PM
I've started playing online again. I can usually only get one or two people on freeplay, although last night I did find a party of four :D. Haven't seen any of my friends online though, so if you want to add me, just tell me and I'll add you too. I think that my friend code is in my info to the left, so just add me and pm me. :)

Oh, and I usually get on after midnight, eastern time.

MistyWaters
Oct 24, 2010, 05:03 PM
I stopped playing PSZ like... months ago. After a month of playing, give or take a few weeks more, I just got bored of it. When it came to joining random people, it sometimes took 15 minutes or more, and there was no way I was going to put up with that anymore.

And when it came to friends, they were never online.

The areas got a little too repetitive for me, I had pretty much every item I wanted, and I absolutely hated the NPCs, and the cheesy, stereotypical message "Friendship will prevail!". But then again, I'm very picky. Haha.

Basically, I went back to PSO while waiting for PSP2. And I doubt I'll be picking PSZ back up anytime soon.

TheGreek
Oct 24, 2010, 05:23 PM
Im on right now, whos down for a party?

hamerkid
Oct 24, 2010, 06:03 PM
soon i going to be staring a form to add new friends because none of my old friends come on i recently started playing again so if your intersted pm ur friend code

Seth Astra
Oct 24, 2010, 08:32 PM
I'm getting back into PSZ, myself. PSP2's better, IMO, but I can't go online with it, so as long as I've got a party for online, that's where I'm playing.

RoxasNeval
Oct 25, 2010, 04:04 PM
I hardly play ps0 since psp2 is engulfing my game senses XDDD

Neo Flint
Oct 25, 2010, 07:28 PM
The areas got a little too repetitive for me, I had pretty much every item I wanted, and I absolutely hated the NPCs, and the cheesy, stereotypical message "Friendship will prevail!". But then again, I'm very picky. Haha.

I agree with the friendship part. It will only get you so far in reality. :/

Chukie sue
Oct 25, 2010, 09:20 PM
What i have noticed with this game is you hardly ever get old time players, what i mean by this is you may find some hard core players and you play with them for a month and then they quit and you dont see them ever again... this is what i hate the most, and i used to be really really active, like 10hrs a day, then a couple more once i go to bed. but then when the guy i was playing all that time with (cookiesundae) stopped playing alot, i just kinda gave up...

Then i got my hopes up really high again when i met LordNiko... he was awesome fun to play with and then.... he quit too :/ really wish people would just stay...

I think the only reason i have been with PSZ since the day it came out in stores where i live, is because i dont have any other systems that can play PSZ wich is why i really really think they should make a PSW (wii) ... it might not turn out very popular... but hey i would be the top guy on the game :)

You remind me of myself. I used to have "core" friends who I played with daily... Then their activity died, one after one. Mostly school related, then situations changed and poop happened. Now my DS is broken and I cant hear the wifi waiting music, which brings back SO MANY MEMORIES.

Pirrip
Oct 25, 2010, 09:24 PM
Anyone I've ever really played with has moved over to PSP2. I don't have a PSP, but I'm not unhappy playing PSZero. Until I find people to play with, I'll play Golden Sun and Metroid Prime.

PSZFann
Oct 25, 2010, 09:25 PM
You remind me of myself. I used to have "core" friends who I played with daily... Then their activity died, one after one. Mostly school related, then situations changed and poop happened. Now my DS is broken and I cant hear the wifi waiting music, which brings back SO MANY MEMORIES.

sigh..^^;

PSZFann
Oct 25, 2010, 09:26 PM
Anyone I've ever really played with has moved over to PSP2. I don't have a PSP, but I'm not unhappy playing PSZero. Until I find people to play with, I'll play Golden Sun and Metroid Prime.

wanna play now?

Pirrip
Oct 25, 2010, 09:35 PM
wanna play now?

Yes. I'm doing my homework however. ;A; Can I send you a note when it's done?
I have a lv 100 FOnewearl, lv 96 HUmarl, and a lv 80 RAcaseal.

PSZFann
Oct 25, 2010, 09:50 PM
Yes. I'm doing my homework however. ;A; Can I send you a note when it's done?
I have a lv 100 FOnewearl, lv 96 HUmarl, and a lv 80 RAcaseal.

sounds greatttttttt! i added

DevilBringer
Oct 27, 2010, 02:20 AM
In regards to inactivity I got Dragon Quest IX last week and Fable 3 today... you know where this is going.

Chukie sue
Oct 27, 2010, 02:19 PM
In regards to inactivity I got Dragon Quest IX last week and Fable 3 today... you know where this is going.

Say no more... In fact, remove the part about DQIX, I cant stand hearing about that anymore ;o

tahu631
Nov 9, 2010, 09:34 PM
anyone still wanna play psz is its seems like no ones:-D ever on

Chukie sue
Nov 9, 2010, 09:58 PM
AZN PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anon_Fire
Nov 11, 2010, 12:13 PM
it may be a limitation of the DS' capabilities.

This answered my question, yeah it's because the DS is limited, PSZ lacks content

Chaos Rappy
Nov 11, 2010, 01:17 PM
Limited? From multiple sources I've heard from, PSZ uses only about HALF of the amount of memory space the DS cartridges can use. It's not so much that the DS is limited that PSZ lacks content, it's because they limited how much they wanted to put into PSZ that it was, which I think was bad on Sega's part. Think about it: we COULD have had about a hundred more rare items, a few more stages, lots of new enemies, even a higher difficulty like PSO's Ultimate (which could account for the new "Ultimate" enemies and in turn more rares). However, due to only using as much memory as they did, PSZ turned out how it did, and I'm actually pretty surprised by how well it turned out.

Chukie sue
Nov 11, 2010, 04:06 PM
Limited? From multiple sources I've heard from, PSZ uses only about HALF of the amount of memory space the DS cartridges can use. It's not so much that the DS is limited that PSZ lacks content, it's because they limited how much they wanted to put into PSZ that it was, which I think was bad on Sega's part. Think about it: we COULD have had about a hundred more rare items, a few more stages, lots of new enemies, even a higher difficulty like PSO's Ultimate (which could account for the new "Ultimate" enemies and in turn more rares). However, due to only using as much memory as they did, PSZ turned out how it did, and I'm actually pretty surprised by how well it turned out.

For the sake of information:

It was less than half of the memory on a DS cart ;)

bns1991
Nov 11, 2010, 04:15 PM

I agree. The game is really good for the amount of content that it does has. It has a lot of playability for those who are faithful to the franchise. I think that if they would have used most of or even all of the memory space available, it would have improved upon some of the criticisms that were made about this game.

Cruciarius
Nov 13, 2010, 08:48 PM
I haven't posted in ages...

Anyway, I kind of put my PSZ on the shelf, for a while. I'd gotten other games, so they need lovin' too. One of my other RPGs I believe I'm nearly done with, so I'll likely pick PSZ back up.

PSZ is like PSO. It'll never "die", in my heart. I'll always go back to it at some point.

Just in hopes that when I do come back, their are people around to play with. I hated the Free Play mode. Too many hackers.

Chaos Rappy
Nov 13, 2010, 08:56 PM
That, or no one... or those people who hate playing with only one other person and quit and retry in a futile attempt to get more than one other person. I'd rather play with hackers than meet another person that does that... <_<

Cruciarius
Nov 13, 2010, 09:09 PM
I'll more likely play online solo, instead of with a hacker.

Neo Flint
Nov 13, 2010, 11:31 PM
Grated, hackers are better then rage quitters IMO. Lately, some of the players I happened to run into tend to abandon me before the quest even started. It's really irritating. :nono:

Or worse: Stallers. I was lucky enough to gather three other people in free play. One of them ends up ARK for several minutes after we approached the first checkpoint. Thankful, me and the rest of the team was patient enough and we was able to finished the mission.

If I could at least get my lovely RAcaseal to level 100 (two more levels) then I'll be willing to move on... -.-

Clubbin
Nov 13, 2010, 11:39 PM
Well, I tend to bounce a lot between my games. As with PSO I tend to jump back on PSZ from time to time... but not so much for online play. Even when the game was first launched it seemed only a core group would run with me. After the online play started to die down I started to shy away from the game a little more and just run ET farming. Feel free to add me but I really don't play online that often anymore. :(

Chaos Rappy
Nov 14, 2010, 12:00 AM
Yes, stallers are kinda annoying. Not against anyone who seems to lag and makes them appear to do that, but it is rather a nuisance. Another thing I hate: moochers. People who sit in the back lines, MAYBE attack with a gun (most of the time using the GB Glitch), and take the treasure that's gotten at the end and wait to go to the next room until you go... THOSE people annoy me.

(Hey Flint, how's about we make that Lv100 RAcaseal a reality soon? You up for any games right now...? ;P)

Neo Flint
Nov 14, 2010, 12:08 AM
That would be great actually! In fact, I'm still eager to get a few runs done right now. :-P

Chaos Rappy
Nov 14, 2010, 12:09 AM
Nice. I'm hosting right now if you would like to join me, if that's alright. ;P

Daak
Nov 21, 2010, 03:33 PM
Did u event the name mochers ? I palyd with a FOmarl who keept purposly trigering traps she died like ten times ...Soo weird but she did help me at times ... when she was alive ...