PDA

View Full Version : Spam hunt certain hostiles

TheSeunger
Oct 24, 2010, 09:37 PM
Lately I was doing endless "To the Future" quest, made by Reve, to kill Phobos on Super until I see Phobos Dyna. I am looking for Akatsuki In since I favor swords very much.

I would like to have some tips of doing this on other class like Hunter, Ranger or Force. My FOnewearl is doing well with her Megid but I don't know about other class and race. Besides the Forces.

Kytan
Oct 24, 2010, 09:42 PM
Don't quests have lower drop rates than when you access a field? I'm pretty sure that I read that somewhere.

Chaos Rappy
Oct 24, 2010, 11:57 PM
They do, supposedly, but the main reason you should do field runs over quests is the fact that, unless the quest in question specializes in only a certain half of its area (like Black and White for the first half of the DS), it's usually shorter than the same map would be for a field run of the area, at least from what I've seen...

Personally, if you have access to online, I'd say your best bet is to do online (obviously) runs of Black and White. It only goes through the first half of the Dark Shrine, about 10 enemy-filled rooms worth, which means a greater chance at the Phobos, and more importantly, Phobos Dyna, spawning. Sure, it won't get you any arena spawns, but you have a higher chance of them appearing normally, whereas an arena may instead get you two waves of Zaphobos/Dynas rather than Phobos.

EDIT: I would also like to point out that the Akatsuki In is more or less a collector sword rather than for using... only hits one foe, even with its PA, which was designed specifically FOR hitting multiple foes... I mean, yeah, Heaven, but still, it's also got the lowest overall ATP too, with only a max grind of 10. Still, personally, I like the way the sword looks. Would have loved to use it more often if it wasn't so god-awful... : /

Windancer
Oct 25, 2010, 12:00 AM
Weird but the cake shop opened for me on a quest

Chaos Rappy
Oct 25, 2010, 12:01 AM
Weird but the cake shop opened for me on a quest

Lower droprate, not appearance of rare areas or spawns.

TheGreek
Oct 25, 2010, 09:26 AM
We can just do a bunch of runs =]

TheSeunger
Oct 25, 2010, 01:37 PM
Hmm... thanks for letting me know about Akatsuki In. I'm gonna guess that the bloddy red version of it might have the same properties? If so, it's no big deal, I just like using swords on my HUcast. Even it means no firearms or tech weapons.

One time I spammed Reve's quest over and over, I noticed the Phobos Dyna do often appear as I thought I planned but does not drop what I really wanted sadly. Though, it constantly drops PP Recovery Lv5. Using it both on my HUcast and FOnewearl.

I wish I CAN go online but my internet is secured at home. So I have no ways of gaining access to it. Unless I can configure it somehow.

EDIT: I wanna ask which quests is the quickest way or has somewhere there are lots of "tough" hostiles to hunt down. I see "mutated" pink birds but fails to drop Kerykeion (I used to have it since my idiot cousin deleted my entire files so I have to reset the game data entirely.) Battle Arenas are good for gaining EXP imo.

Chaos Rappy
Oct 25, 2010, 02:24 PM
Hmm... thanks for letting me know about Akatsuki In. I'm gonna guess that the bloddy red version of it might have the same properties? If so, it's no big deal, I just like using swords on my HUcast. Even it means no firearms or tech weapons.

ABSOLUTELY NOT. Yonohate In is the highest ATP weapon in the game (when equipped while wearing the Noble Cloak, which gives it a +50 ATP/+25 ATA bonus), and can actually in fact hit multiple enemies, unlike the Akastsuki weapons (even Yonohate Fu can hit multiples). It also has Risk instead of the albeit mildly useless Heaven, which is great for those occasional ZOMG damage hits you can sometimes hit on foes randomly (whenever it procs, I usually do easily over 400 damage with the hit on my HUnewearl on enemies not overtly resistant to bladed weaponry). Yonohate In rocks out loud. :D

One time I spammed Reve's quest over and over, I noticed the Phobos Dyna do often appear as I thought I planned but does not drop what I really wanted sadly. Though, it constantly drops PP Recovery Lv5. Using it both on my HUcast and FOnewearl.

That would be because, supposedly, the droprates for getting rares from rare enemies is roughly the same rate as getting rares from common foes, which is EXCEEDINGLY slim...I've yet to get an Akatsuki In to drop on my own, and only one Yonohate In out of all over 200 full Dark Shrine runs (in which at least about 170 had to have been in SH). It will take you a WHILE before you'll get anything good to drop from them, most likely... : /

I wish I CAN go online but my internet is secured at home. So I have no ways of gaining access to it. Unless I can configure it somehow.

EDIT: I wanna ask which quests is the quickest way or has somewhere there are lots of "tough" hostiles to hunt down. I see "mutated" pink birds but fails to drop Kerykeion (I used to have it since my idiot cousin deleted my entire files so I have to reset the game data entirely.) Battle Arenas are good for gaining EXP imo.

TBQH, since the enemy fights aren't preset like in, say, PSO or something, there is no real "specific" best way to hunt them. You just have to get lucky and find them. Also, regular Pelcatraz can drop them too, they just have a fairly low chance, kinda like Morgenlote and the Fru-- apes in Paru. I once got two to drop in one run (one from boost Palcatraz, another from a Pelcatobur). It's all a matter of luck. : /

(And if you COULD configure it, however I doubt you will, you can always hit me up, and I'd be down with either helping you get one or giving you one I have/get in the future. It would be no issue for me to give something someone wants to them, if they could get it... ;P)