PDA

View Full Version : When will it get good?

genesiser
Oct 26, 2010, 09:32 AM
Myself and a few friends recently came back to this game. One is going to be a fighmaster, the other will be an acrofighter, and i too was going to be a cast acrofighter. I got my acrofighter to level 40 and was using knuckles as my weapon with the gudda gant and the rabol gant with the pa skill called ikk hikk. When I would hit lightning enemies with my 20% earth weapons I would hit for around 1400 per hit, so needless to say my dude was hitting hard and destroying anything we fought.

Anyways, I recently decided to make a newman mage. I spammed the crap out of innocent girl to level up and I got it to level 37 and am level 2 of wartecher (planning on going masterforce). I'm using the same star wand as my knuckles and got diga to level 22. However when I hit a lightning element monster, it hits for around 650... Needless to say, I feel weak as hell. I mean, I only hit one part of a monster if it has multiple parts, and my gizonde which is level 21 doesn't do much damage either.

So my question is, will I ever be able to compare my mage to my acrofighter? I wouldn't mind doing less damage, but not when it is more than half as weak. I tried using the me/quick head slot item, but that didn't seem to make much of a difference. Would I be better off just using the strongest tech head item? I dunno, I'm trying to like it, but it's hard when I just feel so weak. Please give me some advice or a pep talk to help me continue with it because the two others really want me to be a mage.

TheAstarion
Oct 26, 2010, 01:28 PM
Ikk Hikk, with the Rabol Gant/Gudda Gant combo is one of the strongest combinations you'll see. Higher up you'll likely ditch the rabol gant for a serafi-senba, and eventually an armas line, which don't have the +100 ATP set bonus (though Armas Line has an ATP boost of +35 to +50, as I hear). Also think of how slow it is, even with AF speed boost, and consider that a faster move might do more damage in the same length of time (Shousen Totsuzan-Ga for the single claw does low damage, but lots of times extremely quickly). AND you're up in the enemy's face, begging to be slapped by any survivors. In higher ranks, you may come across such survivors as while enemies are never really hard, sometimes they don't just fall down by looking at them.

Mages are meant to either be far away doing damage safely, or up-close doing guaranteed damage. Similar to Ikk Hikk (unique among striking photon arts) spells that come into contact with an enemy never "miss", that is to say they never do 0 damage. Penetrating spells can hit many enemies safely, and Diga with limit break on a masterforce hits 3-4 targets per casting , and as such can really rip a hole in large enemies (multi target monsters CAN be chewed up but only by Limit Break Diga/Foie). You also have the ability to run away in between spells, which compared to Ikk Hikk can be situationally lifesaving.

You mentioned your friends wanted you to be a mage... are they expecting you to support them? Masterforce has support spells (buffs, debuffs, healing) capped at level 10. While its attack spells go up to 50, which are the class's main shining points, you have to be almost literally on top of someone before you can heal them, and in most cases it's more useful to pop a star atomizer. If they want a babysitter, consider Acrotecher. It has exclusive access to S-rank whips (Vish Diragac is nice, has a chance to instant kill with each hit) and exclusive access to lv50 support techs (Fortetecher can pay to get its lv40 attack spells up, but nobody else can get lv50 buffs but AT).

Also, please note that you're currently Wartecher. Wartecher, as much as I personally love it, is crap. It's regarded as being the worst class in the game as it doesn't get a single move to level 40 naturally, and by the time it does through GAS any other class could have gotten theirs to 50 with the same effort. It's a rite of passage for all Masterforces. The only thing they can use that Masterforces can use is an S-rank wand, so you won't have much to pass down to them, though you can spend time getting your spells to 30 in preparation for Fortetecher time (spell cap 40). You may even like Fortetecher, at level 180/20 a newman female masterforce has 2 TP more than a Fortetecher, and male has 1 more, so there's basically no difference except in spell levels.

Ishia
Oct 26, 2010, 01:32 PM
Wartecher, as much as I personally love it, is crap. It's regarded as being the worst class in the game

Correction: Fortetecher post-GAC is the worst class in the game.

XbikXBd
Oct 26, 2010, 11:21 PM
Correction: Fortetecher post-GAC is the worst class in the game.

Yah this is true

XbikXBd
Oct 26, 2010, 11:28 PM
Myself and a few friends recently came back to this game. One is going to be a fighmaster, the other will be an acrofighter, and i too was going to be a cast acrofighter. I got my acrofighter to level 40 and was using knuckles as my weapon with the gudda gant and the rabol gant with the pa skill called ikk hikk. When I would hit lightning enemies with my 20% earth weapons I would hit for around 1400 per hit, so needless to say my dude was hitting hard and destroying anything we fought.

Anyways, I recently decided to make a newman mage. I spammed the crap out of innocent girl to level up and I got it to level 37 and am level 2 of wartecher (planning on going masterforce). I'm using the same star wand as my knuckles and got diga to level 22. However when I hit a lightning element monster, it hits for around 650... Needless to say, I feel weak as hell. I mean, I only hit one part of a monster if it has multiple parts, and my gizonde which is level 21 doesn't do much damage either.

So my question is, will I ever be able to compare my mage to my acrofighter? I wouldn't mind doing less damage, but not when it is more than half as weak. I tried using the me/quick head slot item, but that didn't seem to make much of a difference. Would I be better off just using the strongest tech head item? I dunno, I'm trying to like it, but it's hard when I just feel so weak. Please give me some advice or a pep talk to help me continue with it because the two others really want me to be a mage.

OK for one acrofighter is good but u need it to 20 and best weps in hand are knuckles twinswords hikens(hikens with tech mag or card both are good)

As for techer if ur a male neuman if i saw post right u have highest tech other then a female and a smige more hp but yah techer at the begining will be far way ra gi and reg spells will be your friends(btw as MF ur help is Crap till higher lv seeing as my 180 female only has 2500(no GAS) SADFACE LOL)

Midori Oku
Oct 27, 2010, 03:16 AM

This will give you an idea of what Masterforce can do at lvl 180 cap in GAS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yG8AeP7W8c

MillyB
Oct 27, 2010, 09:14 AM
This will give you an idea of what Masterforce can do at lvl 180 cap in GAS

YouTube - Duel in the Ruins S3 MF solo 3:xx (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yG8AeP7W8c)

Masterlag at work.

NiceOnes
Oct 27, 2010, 10:11 AM
Sweet. Can you give me a breakdown of your GAS upgrades?

MillyB
Oct 27, 2010, 10:46 AM
This would be the best setup in my opinion for a Female Newman Masterforce
Base Abilities:
Base TP+ Lv 5
Base HP+ Lv 3
Base DFP+ Lv 3

Special Abilities:
Full Custom Power Lv 2
Attack Range+ Lv 2
Exact Counter Damage+ Lv 1

Weapon proficiences:
Rod damage+
Rod element+
Wand damage+
Wand element+
Madoog damage+
Madoog element+
Left hand+ Lv 2
Right hand+ Lv 2
Two-handed defense
Two-handed evade
One-handed defense
One-handed evade
One-handed mind

Attribute Proficiencies:
Limit Break Foie
Limit Break Barta
Limit Break Zonde
Limit Break Diga
Limit Break Megid
Support TECHNIC Lv+

Weapon Style:
Elemental Arms
Sleep Crusher (for testing maximum damage!)

Shield Style:
Elemental Wall
Ragan's Force

Extra Style:
Two Times!
Trusty Partner

:Note we do not have all this stuff yet:

Midori Oku
Oct 27, 2010, 11:22 AM

Weapon Style: Elemental Weapon

Shield Style: Ragan's Breah

Extra Style: Photon Crafter

Basic Abilities:
HP+ lvl 2
TP+ lvl 2
MST+ lvl 2

Special Abilities:
Full Custom Power lvl 2
Exact Counter Damage+ lvl 1
Attack Range+ lvl 2

Weapon Skills:
Rods Damage+
Wands Damage+
TECH-Mags Damage+

Attributes/Resistances:
Limit Break Foie
Limit Break Barta
Limit Break Zonde
Limit Break Diga
Limit Break Megid
Support TECHNIC lvl+

Once we get the 4th wave of the GAS (the next wave) I will have the following:

Weapon Style: Elemental Weapon

Shield Style: Ragan's Force

Extra Style: Photon Crafter

Basic Abilities:
HP+ lvl 4
TP+ lvl 4
DFP+ lvl 3
MST+ lvl 1

Special Abilities:
Full Custom Power lvl 2
Exact Counter Damage+ lvl 1
Attack Range+ lvl 2

Weapon Skills:
Rods Damage+
Wands Damage+
TECH-Mags Damage+
Rods Element+
Wands Element+
TECH-Mags Element+

Attributes/Resistances:
Limit Break Foie
Limit Break Barta
Limit Break Zonde
Limit Break Diga
Limit Break Megid
Support TECHNIC lvl+

TheAstarion
Oct 27, 2010, 06:38 PM
So Elemental Weapon does actually work with techs & guns then? Cool.

Also, for the /quick unit, I find the har/smart to be the best head unit so far, as it doesn't remove TP, speeds up to 3x normal casting speed (like har/quick) and the only downside is to reduce the range of RA-techs (which I don't use at all) and simple techs (of which I only use Megid & Diga, and have never had any problems even with WT lv30 megid).

Of course if you rely on long range, you may get more mileage out of a har/quick. All /quick and /smart units are much better in the long run than TP boosters, as not only do you get to use more spells in a shorter time for more damage overall, but you also level your spells more quickly, allowing you to do more damage as well.

And as for Fortetecher, it's like Wartecher in that everything it does, something else can do better. By the time it's GAS'd itself up to level 50 attack techs, Masterforce could have bought all the limit breaks and more. It has S-rank bows and cards with level 30 bullets, but the lowest ATP of any class that can use ATP-based weapons. And support? Acrotecher obviously does it better, and with a speed boost to boot.

Techers get the short end of the stick in PSU, they're expected to do everything and are expected to have everything levelled already. Fighter have a little boo-boo? Doctorforce will take care of it. Someone get debuffed? Acronurse! And people STILL complain at your flashy techs slowing their xboxes down, even at level 21. And it takes a truly exceptional grindaholic like Midori to max out their abilities, equips and spells (not to mention knowing how to use them properly, which isn't trivial as you can tell from the video) to be better than a "pick-up-and-play" fighmaster or gunmaster.

Midori Oku
Oct 27, 2010, 07:37 PM
So Elemental Weapon does actually work with techs & guns then? Cool.

Yup Elemental Weapon works with any weapon on any class. It adds roughly around 100 points more in damage.

Darki
Oct 27, 2010, 09:18 PM
Well, I've been playing Wartecher till the first day I joined the online game, back then in the EU servers much before AoTI or even Firebreak, and I've been never "dissapointed" with my favorite class. Of course, if you compare a WT with a MF or a FM, well, what can I say? For me, that playing efficiently a WT needs you to get very good gear and technique makes you much more valuable in a party than an easy played FM.

I don't have any GAS upgrade yet, but even with that, I find the class very enjoyable. I still wanna see what happens when I manage to get a good set of Shijins with an Ohryu, all tech GAS upgrades possible, and some melee and range upgrade. I see how my techs are weak compared to my melee (even so, I play a beast), but I find myself very often relying on techs, just for comfort more than DPS.

That said, I had some doubts about how to set my WT's armor units and how to get them even with the GAS. My plan was to make myself a Shijin (neutral, for now, GC'ed later when gotten more), and combine it with an Ohryu for the combo. I know it's a bit slower than Har/smart, but the PP reduction, the TP bonus plus the combo with the armor I think it's much more worth than a little difference in speed. Pair that with extra TP from GAS at 5 and you got your nuke power over 9000. xD

As the armor has all slots, I was thinking about using a Vijeri/rainbow for main defense (if I get the Shijins in bad element % I'll GC them, they're worth it), and Hize/PP Generate, then try to get somehow a Red/knight and get the ATP increase from GAS. If that goes right, I would end with a chunk of 450 TP (50 from armor, 100 from ohryu, and 150 from the set bonus, plus 150 from GAS), 605 ATP (50 from armor, 150 from set bonus with Ohryu, 255 from red/knight and 150 from GAS), 100+ ATA (red/knight, and I don't know yet if Shijin gives ATA too), and a crapload of defense from element, DFP and MST from various bonuses from all equip. Yeah, you'll be a bit slower than with a Har/quick, but seriously... Like I care? And also you get the candy of techs costing a bit less. :D

Pair that with all techs and some melee/ranged at 40, and I'm sure you get serious pwn4ge there, even being a WT. I don't know if the set bonus is correct in PSUpedia, but even if you take 50~700 points out of ATP and/or TP, you get a shitload of points there. Add the % extra of buffs, that all WT has even in the form of Megistar, and you can call that real magic.

Of course it seems very difficult... but not so much. The real issue would be the Red/knight, because the rest, you get Ohryu and Shijin from doing GAM, also get the GAS bonuses, and the rest are not THAT expensive in shops (If I could afford...).

Regarding that: Would it be too bad to put an LKK instead of the Red/knight there? It would give 105 more ATP in total, but -100 ATA. That in a WT doesn't sound right, specially in my case being a beast, but till I have time farming a red/knight...

And on topic: I prefer to be known as a good WT after all that effor than being known as a cheap FM that just got a nice axe.

indescribably
Oct 27, 2010, 09:45 PM
I hope that status was changed by now from that video, Midori...LOL

indescribably
Oct 27, 2010, 09:46 PM
oh and nice video, by the way.

XbikXBd
Oct 27, 2010, 10:37 PM

Madori needs to come to the darkside......:-P

Midori Oku
Oct 27, 2010, 10:52 PM
Yeah it is gone. It now says Total AP = 209. :) I have the reason why that was my online status in the video description on Youtube. I meant no offence to you by it just so you know.

oh and nice video, by the way.

Thanks!

thunder-ray
Oct 28, 2010, 10:41 AM
So thats the true power of A full lvled and upgraded MF Awesome.....