PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Storyline

Korten12
Oct 28, 2010, 06:25 PM
Are they connected? Are Universe and Online the same storyline just different time periods?

Becuase Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity is supposed to have a huge connection with PSO.

In PSP2, during one of the missions you go into a Virtural Reality of The Forest, and Caves and it is supposely is from the past (I think, correct me if I am wrong.)

So does that mean PSU is the future of PSO? (which would explain why Dumans and Beast's aren't in PSO) Could the ancients in PSP2, could have been from pioneer 3?

(not that big on the mythos of PSO, played it for 500+ hours but never payed much attention to the story, which is sad since on the podcast it sounded quite interesting.)

BIG OLAF
Oct 28, 2010, 06:33 PM
No, PSU is not a direct sequel to PSO. In fact, Sega announced before PSU came out that the two "worlds" will have no connections whatsoever. It seems they're going against that statement with Infinity. Hopefully they do it in a way that makes some sense.

Korten12
Oct 28, 2010, 06:41 PM
No, PSU is not a direct sequel to PSO. In fact, Sega announced before PSU came out that the two "worlds" will have no connections whatsoever. It seems they're going against that statement with Infinity. Hopefully they do it in a way that makes some sense.

Well were I saw it say that was on the blog:

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-portable-2-infinite-scan/

BIG OLAF
Oct 28, 2010, 07:01 PM
Well were I saw it say that was on the blog:

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-portable-2-infinite-scan/

Yes, I know. I've seen that, too. Sega said they're going to "connect" the stories. That doesn't mean that the PSU stories are a direct sequel to PSO's.

Korten12
Oct 28, 2010, 07:18 PM
Yes, I know. I've seen that, too. Sega said they're going to "connect" the stories. That doesn't mean that the PSU stories are a direct sequel to PSO's.

True. PSU might be in the past, or during the same time. We will probably know when Infinity comes out.

BIG OLAF
Oct 28, 2010, 07:24 PM
True. PSU might be in the past, or during the same time. We will probably know when Infinity comes out.

I'll have to disagree. Though it's not a direct sequel, PSU's events have proven time and time again to have happened after the events in PSO.

zandra117
Oct 28, 2010, 08:31 PM
PSU and PSO exist in the same universe as parallel worlds. They are connected but how they are connected is up to interpretation.

In PSO episode 3, Pioneer 3 changed its course away from Ragol and went to another unknown planet and was never heard from again.
In PSP2 the great light is revealed to be extradimensional humans that posess gurhalians as avatars leading some to believe that PSU might take place within a VR similation similar to Star Ocean 3.
Dark Falz projects his "memories" over the surface of planets with the shadow of Rykros similar to how the germ technology is explained to work in PSO episode 3, Ragol might be on the other side of the sealing system.

DuRaL
Oct 28, 2010, 08:59 PM
In PSO episode 3, Pioneer 3 changed its course away from Ragol and went to another unknown planet and was never heard from again.
Which PSO ep3 did you play? Pioneer 3? o.o

After you defeat the Great Shadow, Pioneer 2 finally lands on the planet (Ragol) and that's the end to PSO's story

Korten12
Oct 28, 2010, 08:59 PM
PSU and PSO exist in the same universe as parallel worlds. They are connected but how they are connected is up to interpretation.

In PSP2 the great light is revealed to be extradimensional humans that posess gurhalians as avatars leading some to believe that PSU might take place within a VR similation similar to Star Ocean 3.
Dark Falz projects his "memories" over the surface of planets with the shadow of Rykros similar to how the germ technology is explained to work in PSO episode 3, Ragol might be on the other side of the sealing system.

Thats interesting, wonder if that is what they will use to connect then. Then they can make a game were both meet, would be kind of interesting. :)

I'll have to disagree. Though it's not a direct sequel, PSU's events have proven time and time again to have happened after the events in PSO.

Well I am saying not that they are a direct sequel or not, I was just saying, what it could be. Though if you said that it not a sequel but does take place after, thats probably what it is.

BIG OLAF
Oct 28, 2010, 09:04 PM
In PSP2 the great light is revealed to be extradimensional humans that posess gurhalians as avatars

What..? The Ancients are not equal to The Holy Light. They were merely the Holy Light's children. The Holy Light is a cosmic entity.

zandra117
Oct 28, 2010, 11:57 PM
Which PSO ep3 did you play? Pioneer 3? o.o

After you defeat the Great Shadow, Pioneer 2 finally lands on the planet (Ragol) and that's the end to PSO's story

It's in the official episode 3 timeline on espio's old site.
http://web.archive.org/web/20071025111252/http://www.espiokaos.com/misc/ep3_timeline.html

A.U.W.3091: Communication is received (on Coral) from another planetary search vessel of the successful discovery of another hospitable planet. Multiple immigration plans are discreetly put into action.

DuRaL
Oct 29, 2010, 05:40 AM
i see. i remember these theories, although i can't remember a scene/dialoge in the game where this piece of information could have come from..

i thought you were talking about the ending of ep3